PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Medina now down to 16%? WTH!

libertybrewcity
02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/texas/election_2010_texas_republican_primary_for_governo r

Just days before Texas Republicans pick their nominee for governor, incumbent Rick Perry has his biggest lead yet.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely Republican Primary voters finds Perry leading Senate Kay Bailey Hutchison 48% to 27%, with Tea Party activist Debra Medina earning 16% of the vote. Nine percent (9%) of Texas GOP voters remain undecided.

rp08orbust
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/texas/election_2010_texas_republican_primary_for_governo r

Just days before Texas Republicans pick their nominee for governor, incumbent Rick Perry has his biggest lead yet.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely Republican Primary voters finds Perry leading Senate Kay Bailey Hutchison 48% to 27%, with Tea Party activist Debra Medina earning 16% of the vote. Nine percent (9%) of Texas GOP voters remain undecided.

16% is the highest she's ever been in Rasmussen polls, so she isn't "down".

PPP are the only pollsters to find her in the twenties, and according to their latest poll, she's still at 20%, within the margin error of her peak at 24%.

dannno
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Polls are good at making themselves into self-fulfilling prophecies as this type of things generally alters people's decisions about who are viable candidates.

Hopefully it won't work this time, I think there is a strong base of support and there are a lot of people going out and voting for her who would not have been included in their pool of potential voters.

lupester
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Everyone I know who was going to vote already has and for Medina!

undergroundrr
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, these pollsters keep writing their headlines as if she's on the way down, when the real story is that she's holding steady.

Matt Collins
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I wish I had known this. I had a chance to meet Mr. Rasmussen this morning, I would've asked him.

pacelli
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I wish I had known this. I had a chance to meet Mr. Rasmussen this morning, I would've asked him.

Pic or it didn't happen.

TastyWheat
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
This is a poll taken by likely primary voters. I know a lot of Medina's support is coming from first-time and second-time primary voters (from Ron Paul's run in 2008). Pollsters have no record of the first group and don't see the second group as likely to vote again. Trust me, these numbers are a baseline.

Apparition
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
This is a poll taken by likely primary voters. I know a lot of Medina's support is coming from first-time and second-time primary voters (from Ron Paul's run in 2008). Pollsters have no record of the first group and don't see the second group as likely to vote again. Trust me, these numbers are a baseline.

How did the pollsters numbers fair out against the actual numbers in 2008? Were they pretty accurate? (I'm honestly asking as I don't know... only that Ron Paul didn't win)

jblosser
02-25-2010, 04:30 PM
And Rasmussen has her at 20% among those that already voted.

nate895
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
How did the pollsters numbers fair out against the actual numbers in 2008? Were they pretty accurate? (I'm honestly asking as I don't know... only that Ron Paul didn't win)

They were accurate. Rasmussen actually overestimated Ron Paul's support in a couple of states. They had him in third with around 15% in Georgia, as I recall. He got ~5%.

Baptist
02-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Polls are good at making themselves into self-fulfilling prophecies as this type of things generally alters people's decisions about who are viable candidates.

Or.

Polls = Ron Paul 4%
Electronic Voting output = Ron Paul 4%
Voters day after election = "hmm, makes sense, polls said he was only 4%"

tsetsefly
02-25-2010, 11:49 PM
I voted today (early voting) I voted for medina, but I would say the average age voting was 78, lol... so I dont expect many there voted for her..

jmdrake
02-26-2010, 05:30 AM
I voted today (early voting) I voted for medina, but I would say the average age voting was 78, lol... so I dont expect many there voted for her..

And this is where the liberty movement fails. We get the hip and trendy college students and fall on our face with the old folks. Medina should have a representative at every retirement center in the state talking these seniors about the dangers of Gardissil and asking them if they want their granddaughters to be forced to take an experimental STD vaccine. We also need a winning message to take to retirement centers before 2012 pushing Ron or whoever ends up winning.

RlxdN10sity
02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
This poll will likely go a long way to propagate the wasted vote syndrome that is plaguing the results of elections across the country at every cycle. What the hell is the point in voting for someone that does not best represent your position? Pisses me off.

Wickwire
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
This poll will likely go a long way to propagate the wasted vote syndrome that is plaguing the results of elections across the country at every cycle. What the hell is the point in voting for someone that does not best represent your position? Pisses me off.

You would think that people got a gift basket in the mail or some other reward for picking the winner. :rolleyes:

I am SO tired of telling people about Medina only to hear them say, "She sounds great, and we share the same beliefs, but I don't think she can win. I'd vote for her if I thought she could win." :mad:

I'm starting to lose faith in the average citizen...