PDA

View Full Version : I'm all for the chip in's, but

skilt
10-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Could we have a policy where grassroots groups submit their chipin accounts to the mods, not for approval, but so they could be placed in a special fundraising section. Further as part of submission they would have to clearly spell out who they are ie what meetup etc and what they are trying to accomplish. I think this is a great way to be active and I've contributed to two of them, but there's some confusion about who's doing what when and how, so just for clarification purposes. Again this not for gaining approval, I think as long as all submissions are clear in answering who what when where and how. I know for instance MAX has been really clear about these answers, but a couple more have popped up and I'm unclear about them. Thanks,

SK

BLS
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
That's actuallly a good idea.

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Second that.

Noog
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I like them on the main page, along with RP official donation counter.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with this too. Good idea.

erowe1
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I agree.
In fact, a nice tool would be a sticky thread just with chip-ins and their descriptions sans any discussion.

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I have complained before about adding new sections to this board.....

but that is a awesome and excellent idea!

orenbus
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
agreed

JoshLowry
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Good ideas!

Bryan and I should talk about this on Monday. Please feel free to send us any input or suggestions.

moonbat
10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Yep, great idea!

skiingff
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Good idea, HOWEVER let them exist on the main forums, that's where the most traffic is, and that's where the most money can be raised. But make sure the ones on the main forum are approved, not approved per se, but approved meaning they clearly express

1.) The funding need
2.) The EXACT purpose
3.) The who, what, when, where, why, & how
4.) From a legitimate Meetup group

etc.

All we need is someone to force specifics. And if someone can't validate their claims or tell specifics, then delete the thread.

EDIT: On top of making sure people list specifics, creating a separate forum for Chip-Ins exclusively would be an added benefit...

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree.
In fact, a nice tool would be a sticky thread just with chip-ins and their descriptions sans any discussion.

I don't think that will work. Reason being, people will have questions and they will need them answered. So, since this back and forth is necessary, a different thread will have to be used to do it. Before very long, this will be the dominant thread and no one will be looking up at the stickied thread at all. At least that's what I see happening.

A week or so ago, I talked to Bryan about having a subforum under this one (Grassroots central), titled something like Early Primary States. In there, we would house the grassroots activities specific to those states. It's not perfect, but at least Chip-ins and other action items, wouldn't get so totally lost and require someone to have to tend them almost full-time. Maybe we could also start listing the chip-in widgets, one after another, on the home page. Just like Josh and Bryan did with Max's Founding Father widget. Each widget would in turn link to the thread in the subforum that provides more information on the ad.

erowe1
10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't think that will work. Reason being, people will have questions and they will need them answered. So, since this back and forth is necessary, a different thread will have to be used to do it. Before very long, this will be the dominant thread and no one will be looking up at the stickied thread at all. At least that's what I see happening.

A week or so ago, I talked to Bryan about having a subforum under this one (Grassroots central), titled something like Early Primary States. In there, we would house the grassroots activities specific to those states. It's not perfect, but at least Chip-ins and other action items, wouldn't get so totally lost and require someone to have to tend them almost full-time. Maybe we could also start listing the chip-in widgets, one after another, on the home page. Just like Josh and Bryan did with Max's Founding Father widget. Each widget would in turn link to the thread in the subforum that provides more information on the ad.

Perhaps there would be a way that each chip-in post in the sticky thread could contain a link to a separate non-sticky thread that exists somewhere else in the forum just for discussion about that precise chip-in. That way the sticky thread could serve its purpose with simplicity, and the questions would get asked and answered without interfering with that.

The sticky thread itself would ideally stay very short, simple, and user-friendly, with each post getting deleted whenever the chip-in is over. At any given time it would contain only a handful of posts, being the active chip-ins at the time with descriptions and links to the non-sticky outside threads for discussion.