PDA

View Full Version : "Decision For Texans" Gubernatorial Debate

TastyWheat
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Just announced (on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=10150111255490473&ref=nf)):

Decision For Texans Gubernatorial Debate was created in response to the large number of requests from members of various grassroots organizations around Texas to have a final debate before the Primary. The reason sited most has been the national media attention caused by the controversial interview between Debra Medina & Glenn Beck. Many members of these organizations have voiced concern over having a Nationally known political commentator from New York insert himself into Texas politics. It was from that concern that inviting Glenn Beck to be a participant was born. This will give Texans a chance in a moderated and fair forum to hear both sides of the issues.

Decision For Texans Committee is solely responsible for the structure and content of the debate. The committee's only function is to setup a fair debate for the participants.

Young Americans for Liberty UTSA is the host for the location of the debate at University of Texas at San Antonio. In the Retama Auditorium on campus.

Panel members and moderator to be announced soon.

The following businesses & organizations have officially sponsored this debate stating that it should take place on March 1 2010. This list will be updated as more sponsors are added

912 Project Fort Worth
KLIF 570 Dallas
KLUP 930 San Antonio
KSLR 630 San Antonio
Tidal Pumping. LLP
Republican Liberty Caucus Of Texas
American Fire Systems
Wilder Boat Company
Slaton Capital Advisors Ltd
Birchbrook Group Corp
Trinity Express Inc
Badabling LLC
Waligura Energy, Inc
Palouse Properties, Inc
Busbee Ranches, Inc
Jericho foundation repairs inc.
Accu-drive llc
Alamo hy-tech
Buster & cogdell builders
Dickey manufacturing
Republican Liberty Caucus Of Bexar County
Driver training associates inc.
Group Insurance Concepts, LLC
Animal Hospital of Santa Fe
HNB Mortgage
JF Builders
KM Coaching, LLC
Sage Capital
Hamstra Benefit Solutions
Bexar Waste
KTE Enterprises
MGEG LLC
Liberty Container, LLC
Ellis County Conservatives
Riverside Kennel
Adventure Club San Antonio
Kokomotion.com
Kangen Water
Tunesmith Studio

If you wish to add your business or organization as a sponsor send a request to decisiontexans@yahoo.com Please include contact information.

We have a venue UTSA, a date & time, March 1, 7:00pm, now all we need is the three top candidates to come. Invitations to all candidates have been sent. Glenn Beck has been invited to participate for the reasons stated above. The criteria is that all three candidates must agree to participate for the debate to take place on March 1. Glenn Beck's participation is not required but has been requested.

You can join the other sponsors and help make this debate a reality.
Please show your support for this debate by choosing to "attend" it's not about actually attending it's voting in support of a third debate.

Candidate Status:
Rick Perry
Not Confirmed

Kay Baily Hutchinson
Not confirmed

Debra Medina
Confirmed

When you select "attending" you are showing support for having the debate this is not about attending the debate.
We need as many sponsors as possible (respond to the email address above) and we need to put lots of pressure on Kay and Rick to show up. When we get this race back to the issues we will win! One more push before the primary, one more push for liberty!

Lymeade-Lady
02-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm "attending", though honestly, I'm a little nervous about Beck, but Medina is great on debates and it would get back to the issues I hope!

Draco33
02-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I seriously doubt Kay or Rick is going to agree to another debate this close to the election.

Think about it ... what's in it for them?

Rick (Hair) Perry is only a few percentage points from winning (according to the polls anyway). And Kay has already F'ed up two debates, with the abortion stance, and can't afford to look that old and democratic again.

Sure we would all love to see it happen because our team would benefit the most, but their camps know this and aren't that dumb.

TastyWheat
02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
It obviously won't help Rick, but the latest polls show him very close to winning outright (without a runoff) so it may be in Kay's best interest to take him down a peg.

JohnG
02-25-2010, 01:31 AM
It depends on how well they know themselves: Do they understand they'll get owned in a debate? Hutchison, as TastyWheat said, will probably need a good debate performance to ensure a runoff. Perry will need one to ensure an outright victory. I don't think any of them would do well, but they would both have some motivation to do it. Btw, who do you think Perry would rather face in a runoff? Medina or Hutchison?

rp08orbust
02-25-2010, 01:56 AM
It depends on how well they know themselves: Do they understand they'll get owned in a debate? Hutchison, as TastyWheat said, will probably need a good debate performance to ensure a runoff. Perry will need one to ensure an outright victory. I don't think any of them would do well, but they would both have some motivation to do it. Btw, who do you think Perry would rather face in a runoff? Medina or Hutchison?

He probably thinks Medina would be easier to beat because of 9/11.

BuddyRey
02-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Can't wait to see it! Medina's gonna kill 'em (as usual)!

orafi
02-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Sponsored!

purplechoe
02-25-2010, 05:18 AM
He probably thinks Medina would be easier to beat because of 9/11.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/01/09/alg_giuliani.jpg

TruckinMike
02-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I seriously doubt Kay or Rick is going to agree to another debate this close to the election.

Think about it ... what's in it for them?

DING DING... We have a winner!

TMike

payme_rick
02-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Many members of these organizations have voiced concern over having a Nationally known political commentator from New York insert himself into Texas politics. It was from that concern that inviting Glenn Beck to be a participant was born.

Sorry, that part just cracked me up...

I don't think I could be behind something that gets Glenn Beck even FURTHER into this race...

seeker4sho
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Just announced (on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=10150111255490473&ref=nf)):

We need as many sponsors as possible (respond to the email address above) and we need to put lots of pressure on Kay and Rick to show up. When we get this race back to the issues we will win! One more push before the primary, one more push for liberty!

This is another idea that I hope will not happen. Move it to March 3rd and I may support it. What is it about Beck that you folks do not understand?

TastyWheat
02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
This is another idea that I hope will not happen. Move it to March 3rd and I may support it. What is it about Beck that you folks do not understand?
Glenn Beck won't show up and the debate will go on without him. The primary is on March 2nd by the way.

rp08orbust
02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Glenn Beck won't show up and the debate will go on without him. The primary is on March 2nd by the way.

Who is likely to attend the debate besides Debra?

dr. hfn
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
If the others don't show up, it's all Medina!

Lymeade-Lady
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
They won't have it without all 3. Just voted! Felt so good!

payme_rick
02-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Had the whole 9/11 truther deal not gone down, and if Glenn Beck wasn't an anti-liberty-candidate radio host, I'd say why not debate Glenn along with everyone else? would be interesting I think...

But why? Why? Having Glenn Beck at a debate with Debina would only add to the circus...

Nope, stupidest idea ever... if there's air in the tires of this idea, somebody get a knife...

seeker4sho
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM

I know :D

TastyWheat
02-27-2010, 06:42 PM
The chances of this debate happening just went from slim to none (not a huge shock there). I don't know all of the details but the staff at UTSA quickly went from cooperative to obstructive. Maybe they weren't being serious because they didn't think we were serious.

BuddyRey
02-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Medina's gonna kick some Bilderberg butt!

RlxdN10sity
02-27-2010, 09:32 PM

Thats funny...:rolleyes:

BuddyRey
03-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Is the debate still on for tonight?

Nate-ForLiberty
03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
last townhall tonight! right now!

http://www.medinafortexas.com/townhall.php

rprprs
03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
last townhall tonight! right now!

http://www.medinafortexas.com/townhall.php