PDA

View Full Version : 100%!!!!!! We did it!

max
10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
You guys make me wanna cry!

I have a confession to make.

When I statred this fundraising push, my goal was to do a black/white half page...maybe 2/3.

I deliberately set the bar high to get everyone fired up about full page color...thinking if we fell short a 2/3 would still be awesome.

I cant believe we did it.

I will be working with Dean (Lord Xar) to run this money through his PAC to purchase the ad.

The final cost is actually about $6700....the difference will be covered by a local businessman (our Meetup sugar-daddy) when he returns back from Europethis week.

We're probably looking at 2 sundays from now.

When I get the final copy from the Union Leader...I'll show it to you guys for a final feedback...(but lets not get too nit picky)

After the ad hits, we need to flood the newspaper with requests for copies of that Sundays paper by mail. They wont know what hit em.

I will also try to use the ad contact to get me in touch with a reporter to see if we can do a story on how 75 Internet donors...all unknown to each other...pulled off this miracle...

stay tuned!!!!

bbachtung
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
max, you are definitely a doer. Thanks for inspiring us.

Geronimo
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
This may be a dumb question, but when does this ad run? Tuesday in the Manchester Union Leader?

max
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
This may be a dumb question, but when does this ad run? Tuesday in the Manchester Union Leader?

2 sundays from today

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Rock On ,Ron Pauling It 2008

fletcher
Congratulations. Is $6700 the negotiated price or the price they gave you?

born2drv
awesome i'm very happy ;)

i really want to run my own flier in the LA times with Lord Xar too..... but i'm going to wait until my finances are settled, hopefully in another 5-6 weeks.... anyhow good luck man, thank you for all your hard work! :)

margomaps
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for all your hard work, max. And thanks to everyone who donated to make this happen. I'll be sure to buy a copy or two of the Union Leader in 2 weeks and take a picture for you guys.

max
10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Congratulations. Is $6700 the negotiated price or the price they gave you?

i'm saving the negotiating leverage for placement...it costs 30% more to get guaranteed of being near the first few pages...

i told her i want as close to the front as possible otherwise we wont advertise again... : )

I have a lot more clout now that we have the funds in hand. When she called me earlier in the week and I told her we only had $3000 she didnt seem to think we could come up with the rest....wont she be surprised!

klamath
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Good job Max and all the contributers!

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Max,

Have you gotten the edited version back from Linda yet? If so, would you show it to us please? If not, will you show it to us before you hand it over to the newspaper?

FrankRep
I'll buy a copy for my Ron Paul Shrine.

I want to tell me future kids that I was apart of this,

Geronimo
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

You've made me a very happy granite stater.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Awesome !!!

We Should do this everywhere ! If we could get a few major cities going like this the voter and fund raising base could grow exponentially

I started a newspaper ad fundraiser for The Dallas Morning news
http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/83
The Texas State Fair is going on right now and an ad in the dallas area would get huge exposure as well

RP4ME
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM

When I statred this fundraising push, my goal was to do a black/white half page...maybe 2/3.

I deliberately set the bar high to get everyone fired up about full page color...thinking if we fell short a 2/3 would still be awesome.

I will be working with Dean (Lord Xar) to run this money through his PAC to purchase the ad.

The final cost is actually about $6700....the difference will be covered by a local businessman (our Meetup sugar-daddy) when he returns back from Europethis week.

When I get the final copy from the Union Leader...I'll show it to you guys for a final feedback...(but lets not get too nit picky)

After the ad hits, we need to flood the newspaper with requests for copies of that Sundays paper by mail. They wont know what hit em.

I will also try to use the ad contact to get me in touch with a reporter to see if we can do a story on how 75 Internet donors...all unknown to each other...pulled off this miracle...

stay tuned!!!!

YOU ROCK! Thanks for setting the bar as its should be!!!! HIGH!:D

lucius
10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Way to go Max, very inspiring!

koob
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
awesome! this is great :D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <my excitement

M.Bellmore
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Woohoo!

Where does Michigan get a Sugar daddy (I'd even take a mommy :D )

I guarantee that flyer will run in many states and in many papers. Good work!

I love it when a plan comes together!

stay tuned!!!!