PDA

View Full Version : Right Wing Extremist Attacks Begin to Backfire

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.sfreeper.com/2010/02/24/living-oxygen-thief-right-wing-blogosphere-freaks-out-about-adam-kokesh/

...most of the blogs airing the letter are conservative enough to make Rush Limbaugh look like a tree-hugging hippie...

...The message? If you’re against all that lovely Bush-era stuff, like firing US attorneys (not attorney’s) for political reasons or waging war under false pretenses, Adam Kokesh may be your man...

This is evidence of why we can win!

ronpaulhawaii
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
We have not asked any of our volunteers to get involved in these discussions, the following two organic replies are great:

Reply by *** 1 hour ago
I thank you for writing this letter.

I have met this young man several times but have not known that much about him so I appreciate some of the revelations contained within it.

Knowing whom one can support is often a challenge in this society considering the condition of our media. As a life-long Goldwater Republican, I have learned that clarity often comes from the most unexpected sources. Your letter was one of those opportunities.

Your letter, being that it is one of the most obvious and unsophisticated propaganda efforts I have seen in a long time, filled with innuendo, disinformation, conflation, half and outright untruths, has helped me make my decision. I am going to do everything within my limited ability to see that this young man, intemperate acts of youth not withstanding, represents me in the third district.

There is one entirely accurate statement you have made in this obvious prelude to a top down whisper campaign (I worked for the Goldwater campaign as a youth, so I know what is next). In your exhortation to “party unity”, in itself an empty frame in light of the abject failure (nay, refusal) of the “party leadership” to implement even a modicum of party platform, a fact no longer concealable by character assassination and other thinly veiled diversions and obfuscations and a fact, in spite of the best efforts on the part of the gate keepers like yourself, that is no longer lost on the majority of Republicans; you express an interest “in maintaining the integrity of the Republican Party”. You further profess to “an understanding” that this “party leadership” is “striving to reconcile disparate ideas within the party”.

Well, Sir ( or ma’am, which ever the case may be) since you do not use the term “integrity” in the sense relative to honesty or forthrightness but rather, and obviously, in the sense of maintaining the status quo, which incorporates, for the most part, those sets of “disparate ideas” that have been directly responsible for the theft of the American peoples’ sovereignty and their ability to create, for themselves, for their families or for their communities, PRODUCTIVE wealth, I find your concerns within, and indeed your motivations, for this piece, suspect.

As to the accurate observation you did make, that “a Kokesh candidacy would be completely at odds with those strivings and ideals”, allow me my own exhortation:

Count on it.

Reply by *** 19 hours ago
I've had several face-to-face, one-on-one conversations with Adam, and if he isn't sincere, then he deserves the Academy Award (the "Oscar") for Best Actor of All Time.

The part of the smear campaign that amuses me the most is the "he brought a gun back from Iraq!!!" one. Not only are these people willing to hose the Second Amendment when it suits their purposes, automatically making them in opposition to me, but really, folks — take a look at some of the hardware that troops brought back from WWI and WW2 — quite a few machine guns such as MG-08's, MG-34's, MG-42's. And the anti-Kokesh crowd gets upset about a pistol.

By the way, wasn't Saddam Hussein's personal pistol brought back to the States and presented to George W. ? I wonder if that violated any of the federal gun laws . . . ? What about the DC prohibition on privately-owned firearms inside the District, as this was before DC v. Heller?

LittleLightShining
02-27-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.sfreeper.com/2010/02/24/living-oxygen-thief-right-wing-blogosphere-freaks-out-about-adam-kokesh/

This is evidence of why we can win!

Yes it is :)

charrob
02-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Right Wing Extremist Attacks Begin to Backfire

-sure hope this is true... thanks for posting...

ronpaulhawaii
03-06-2010, 02:46 AM
lulz...

3 Comments »

Adam Kokesh is right. All the current wars are unconstitutional. Why is the U.S. Constitution important in all matters except for policing the world? Why? Aren’t you sick of the wars yet? Aren’t you tired of paying for the wars? I AM! Bring the troops home and DEFEND the homeland.

War is a racket, and it creates huge profits for the power elite contractors. Warmongering is NOT an American value! The 100 year war economy is bankrupting America morally and economically while destroying our credibility around the world.

I have looked at all the videos of Adam Kokesh, and I will work hard to get his patriotic voice, his message of freedom, peace, prosperity… and honorable values in Washington D.C.

Comment by Colorado Patriot — March 5, 2010 @ 7:18 pm | Reply

Adam Kokesh is a Patriot, he did whatever he could to work against an unjust, unconstitutional, unprovoked war which he risked his life to fight, even as his own government put his life in greater danger than was necessary for the mission.

Your article is a smear, you have no sources, nothing to back up your slander.

As far as I’m concerned, you can’t wear the label of Patriot and smear a man like Adam Kokesh as a traitor in the same page.

Comment by Chris Cantwell — March 5, 2010 @ 6:42 pm | Reply

No patriot he who places our troops in harms way to fight under UN Rules of Engagement.
Being against the war is not the same as being against our troops. Being against the Obama/Bush war where our troops have to fight under the damnable “Rules of Engagement”
which places them at fighting a war with limitations on them. If your heart aches for the military then don’t you dare ask them to fight with their hands tied behind their backs. I support the
troops by saying hell no to Rules of Engagement and bring our guys home. Adam Kokesh is right on. Because you do not understand his reasoning you do yourself a disservice by equating him to
communists or terrorists. If your intent is to smear Adam Kokesh because of his opposition to the war, then, your logic makes you on the side of of Bush and Obama who are using our troops to
fulfill some new world order mandate from the United Nations. Not very patriotic I’d say.
Adam Kokesh , a Marine, fought to retake the city of Falujah. 125 Marine lives were lost due to the rules of engagement where
we (the Marine commander) was ordered to drop leaflets on the city prior to the attack, cooperate with the Iraqi police (who covertly worked with the terrorists) Marines ordered not to fire on religious
buildings, (where do snipers hide), allow safe passage of “non combatants” without checking on them, etc.
Do you not understand what you are doing by involving our guys to be killed while the other side has no such sanctions.

Matthew Schoech
Vietnam Veteran USMC

Comment by Matthew Schoech — March 5, 2010 @ 5:02 pm | Reply

and the OP

I am reporting what someone else has written. I understand your ire and concern. I agree that the rules of engagement are a travesty to our military. Thank you for your input and your service to our Country.

Comment by radiopatriot — March 5, 2010 @ 7:10 pm | Reply

WorldonaString
03-08-2010, 10:44 AM
good stuff!

ronpaulhawaii
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM
good stuff!

:)

Dragged this one out of the hell blog last night

CPT Me Says:
March 7th, 2010 at 9:07 pm
@ Maresco,
I don’t subscribe to many of Adam Kokesh’s views, but his response from that one debate clip really did school his competitor.

We are chipping away at them...

ronpaulhawaii
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
http://newmexicomovida.com/2010/03/12/who-is-the-internet-celebrity.aspx?ref=rss

Who is the internet celebrity

As if the GOP primary in the third congressional district wasn’t nasty enough Michelle Malkin has weighed in and she really doesn’t like Adam Kokesh. She rips him to shreds on MichelleMalkin.com.

Then there’s a post on HotAir.com in which Tom Mullins refers to Kokesh as an “internet celebrity.”

The thing here is Tom (who seems to be a nice guy) has been hammering Kokesh with his “internet celebrity” line for weeks and now, thanks to Hot Air and Michelle Malkin Mullins is starting to look like the internet celebrity.

Hot Air and Stop the ACLU are both encouraging Republicans to contribute to Mullins.

So now we ask who is the internet celebrity?

Lucille
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I had no idea it had spread around the blogosphere so much. What a bunch of libelous goons.

"Support the troops" unless they're sick of the feckless perpetual nation-building war(s).

ronpaulhawaii
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
http://moraliablog.com/2010/03/michelle-malkin-vs-adam-kokesh/

Michelle Malkin vs. Adam Kokesh

Adam Kokesh is a candidate in the Republican primary for a New Mexico Congressional seat that Republicans virtually never win. Third District GOP candidates rarely make it onto the radar screens of the Big Guns of the national political scene. To be sure, Michelle Malkin is one of those Big Guns, and the day before yesterday, she fixed her cross-hairs on Adam Kokesh.

Congratulations, Adam. When Michelle Malkin picks on you, you’ve hit big time.

Malkin calls Kokesh “an anti-war smear merchant in GOP clothing” and urges her readers who have friends and family in New Mexico to “make sure they know who the real Adam Kokesh is.”

Does Ms. Malkin, I wonder, know who “the real Adam Kokesh” is? I’m not sure, but I’d guess she doesn’t know Mr. Kokesh personally. When I see Adam at the New Mexico State GOP Convention tomorrow, I’ll ask him. Because, you see, I do know Adam Kokesh.

Michelle Malkin has no doubt read the anti-Kokesh smears circulating on Free Republic, and has seen photos of him at anti-war protests, and believes that he dishonors the U.S. Marine Corps uniform he once wore by his anti-war activism. I believe, on the other hand, that when Adam Kokesh volunteered as a Marine and then risked life and limb serving in Iraq, he earned the right to say whatever he damn well pleases about that war. I may disagree with him about whether the U.S. should immediately pull all of our troops out of Iraq, but I would never presume to call a man who fought in that war unpatriotic.

What Michelle Malkin has not seen is Adam Kokesh driving up and down the highways of New Mexico building a grassroots campaign organization that is stronger than that any other Republican has built in our 3rd district in recent memory. She has not seen him at high schools and colleges and Indian reservations and VFW meetings and Republican county meetings and candidate forums and Tea Parties and just about anyplace else New Mexicans gather. I have seen Adam at more Santa Fe political events than any other candidate who is running for state or national office this year. I can’t imagine how he keeps up the pace, but keep it up he does.

New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District is generally considered a lost cause for Republicans, and it is difficult to get good candidates to spend their time and money running for a seat that they have historically had little hope of winning. Bill Redmond did it in the special election of 1997 due to a lucky confluence of circumstances, but he was promptly ousted the next year by Democrat Tom Udall. When Udall left the seat to run successfully for the U.S. Senate, Democrat Ben Ray Luján, who had little to recommend him as a candidate, beat Republican Dan East handily, even with liberal independent candidate Carol Miller siphoning off some of his votes.

Perhaps Michelle Malkin doesn’t mind if Ben Ray Luján, who has voted in perfect lock-step with President Obama’s leftist agenda, is re-elected to the seat this November. But I’m a New Mexican, and I do mind. For the first time since 1997, this district actually has a viable candidate, a candidate who works like I’ve never seen a candidate work, and has built one of the best campaign organizations I’ve ever seen.

Malkin calls his anti-war activism unpatriotic, but it is precisely his anti-war credentials that just may win over enough liberals in this district to elect him. Northern New Mexico is dominated by Santa Fe, “the City Different,” which is as left-wing as Berkeley or Santa Monica, California. A Congressional candidate who echoes Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh on every issue doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of getting elected here. Adam Kokesh does.

GO KOKESH!