PDA

View Full Version : AP Breaking: Senate passes "Jobs Bill" rewarding companies who hire unemployed

GunnyFreedom
02-24-2010, 02:13 PM
AP Breaking: Senate passes "Jobs Bill" rewarding companies who hire the unemployed.

Question -- what about those who are out of work, desperately looking for a job, but no longer draw (or never did draw) unemployment benefits?

sluggo
02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Question -- what about those who are out of work, desperately looking for a job, but no longer draw (or never did draw) unemployment benefits?

Since those people are not included in the government's fraudulent unemployment numbers, they'll just continue to pretend that they don't exist.

pcosmar
02-24-2010, 02:18 PM
AP Breaking: Senate passes "Jobs Bill" rewarding companies who hire the unemployed.

I would guess that I'm still SOL. :(

GunnyFreedom
02-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Off to work, to earn some food to keep campaigning, but this REALLY pisses me off. :mad:

Anti Federalist
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Off to work, to earn some food to keep campaigning, but this REALLY pisses me off. :mad:

This was the bill Scott Brown vote for cloture and then voted for.

Bruno
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Would this have passed without Brown's assistance?

Anti Federalist
02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Would this have passed without Brown's assistance?

It might have been close on the cloture vote.

12 usual republican suspects voted for final passage.

Brian4Liberty
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM

My guess is that is would include those who are not collecting unemployment insurance. It's a government handout after all. :rolleyes:

Does this give an employer an incentive to lay off employees, and then re-hire (the same or new people) to collect their reward?

Elwar
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
From what I read, you can only get the tax break for hiring unemployed single parents.