PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Would you rather Win the Lottery or have Ron Paul as president?

Chester Copperpot
02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Just a silly little question I felt like asking....

If you could choose between winning the lottery or having Ron Paul as president.. Which would you pick?

that1guy
02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Win the lottery and then donate millions to his campaign.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Win the lottery and then donate millions to his campaign.

This

Bruehound
02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Doesn't matter.

Both scenarios would have the same outcome for me as I would donate my winnings to his campaign to make sure he got elected.

MRoCkEd
02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
How much do I win?

RM918
02-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Doesn't the government steal a third of it anyway?

cpike
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Doesn't the government steal a third of it anyway?

Try over 50%, at least here in Minnesota.

tmosley
02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
I figure that any amount that I would reasonably gain from winning the lottery, after taxes, would be less than the amount that I would gain, as a person with some radically advanced technologies that would get onto the market much faster without regulations from the FDA.

So I would rather have RP as president.

Elwar
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Win the lottery...buy my own island.

Invite Ron Paul to live there.

johngr
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I figure that any amount that I would reasonably gain from winning the lottery, after taxes, would be less than the amount that I would gain, as a person with some radically advanced technologies that would get onto the market much faster without regulations from the FDA.

So I would rather have RP as president.

I'm afraid you'd need Ron Paul clones in the Congress, Senate and at least one state legislature.

mconder
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
What kind of a crazy ass poll is this. Aren't there any more poignant questions we could be asking?

UtahApocalypse
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
14 people here so far are complete idiots or trolls.

StateofTrance
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I want both please..Thanks.

jkr
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
instant gratification vs long term gains?
ez

DR PAUL

jmdrake
02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Try over 50%, at least here in Minnesota.

Don't take it as a lump sum. Have the money spread out over several years and it's not nearly as bad. If you win the lottery the first think you should do is consult a good tax attorney.

jmdrake
02-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Win the lottery...buy my own island.

Invite Ron Paul to live there.

^
This

TC95
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd rather have Ron Paul as president. I'd rather have freedom than money.

MelissaWV
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Ron Paul as President is an excellent start. Lottery winnings are money in your pocket, in the campaign's pocket, in charities' pockets, and in your family's pocket.

I didn't vote, because the second option includes "screw this guy," which is not what I'd be saying by saying I'd rather have the lottery money. Quite simply, it would take a lot of work to get Congress to a point that anything of worth would cross Dr. Paul's desk to abolish agencies and correct the state of this country. That takes money, and it takes time. Winning the lottery would give me more of both.

Bucjason
02-24-2010, 12:59 PM
All you people who claim you'd make Paul president over winning the Lotto, unless you are already rich , are straight up Lying !!! LOL

Show me the money all day long !! Then I'll put it in an off-shore account so the government can't touch it, and they can tax us all straight to hell for all i care . I be swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck !!

therepublic
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
If you won the lottery without changing our monetary system the money would soon be worthless. If we change the monetary system, and get to keep the fruits of our labor, those who produce win.

Bucjason
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
If you won the lottery without changing our monetary system the money would soon be worthless. If we change the monetary system, and get to keep the fruits of our labor, those who produce win.

If you don't trust the monetary system, you could buy something of value with it before the system crashes , like Gold.

pcosmar
02-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Definitely.
A Ron Paul win.

Though the lottery would be a close second. :D

MelissaWV
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
If you don't trust the monetary system, you could buy something of value with it before the system crashes , like Gold.

Or just buy what you need. People are still accepting money in trade for things. Buy food, shelter, start a business, set yourself up to be off the grid in some form, and invest in tangible things for the future.

Then give the rest of those awful FRNs to your impoverished fellow RPF members ;) charities, campaigns, etc..

Sounds like a nice plan.

Slutter McGee
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Give me the money. Any day. I will even say "screw that guy" if that is what it took to win the lotto. Oh I would give 2400 dollars to his campaign. But show me the money baby...so I can spend it all on beer and hookers before the FED devalues it.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee