PDA

View Full Version : American Thinker: The Left Will Try to use RON PAUL to Split the Conservative Vote

FrankRep
02-24-2010, 02:25 AM
This is the propaganda being pumped to the mindless Republicans.
Fear, Fear, Fear! Vote for the most popular Republican candidate or else you're being tricked by the evil liberals.

Lesser of Two Evils is Good! Don't worry, we'll tell you who to vote for.

h ttp://www.americanthinker.com/2010/02/the_left_will_try_to_split_the.html

The Left Will Try to Split the Conservative Vote

American Thinker
February 24, 2010

When Bill Clinton was facing a risky 1992 election for president, Ross Perot appeared from nowhere to split the GOP vote, and Clinton got elected. Was there funny business behind the scenes? We may never know. We do know by now that Clinton and Perot apparently had long telephone conversations that were not revealed at the time.

Supporting McCain was a win-win for the Left: If Obama got in, they would have the most radical Leftist in office in American history. If he didn't, they would have McCain the pushover as president.

It's hard to imagine that McCain and his people didn't know all that, and that they deliberately, if tacitly, worked with the New York Times and the Washington Post to beat out other GOP candidates.

See a pattern? If they can't win honestly, the Left is happy to split the conservative vote by hook or by crook. They do it all the time.

The election of 2012 is bound to see exactly the same shenanigans. Maybe we are seeing them already. I'll bet that we are.

The CPAC conference ended with a straw vote for Ron Paul, who has no mainstream GOP or conservative support, but whose followers were well-organized. Paul, a man of the fringe, suddenly became a subject of attention on the MSM as a serious man.

Ross Perot, anybody?

The Left will try and try and try to split conservative and GOP voters.

Stay alert. Expect it to happen, because it always does.

FrankRep
02-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Free Republic members are ready to Purge the "crazy" Ron Paul supporters from the Republican Party.

The Left WILL Try to Split the Conservative Vote
h ttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2458078/posts

February 24, 2010

This is very true. And the libertarians are the useful idiots in these attempts to split our votes.

Libertarians run on the Republican ticket because they know there's not an ice cube's chance in Hell of them getting elected on the (L) ticket.

Now, they are planting their Ron Paul Cult candidates on Republican tickets wherever they can. Debra Medina slipped up, so they're probably going to be more careful.

Liberatarians hate Republicans more than they do Democrats. They would love to infiltrate our elections enough to destroy our hopes for increased conservatism.

Watch new candidates who give a great first impression and come across as classic conservatives. Be sure to check for Ron Paul/Libertarian ties before giving them any support.

------

I see a pretty strong Libertarian vs. Conservative split already.

0zzy
02-24-2010, 02:48 AM
random a** anti-Paul blog. i don't even care enough to read what they have to say.

FrankRep
02-24-2010, 02:50 AM
random a** anti-Paul blog. i don't even care enough to read what they have to say.
I'm just showing what the Republican mindset will be.

DjLoTi
02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
The 'left' have more to worry about us then we have to worry about them ;)

fj45lvr
02-24-2010, 04:08 AM
I'm sure it will happen that way.....who cares.

pcosmar
02-24-2010, 04:51 AM
"Split the vote" ??
:confused:

With Who?

Ron Paul IS the Conservative vote.

Period..

jmdrake
02-24-2010, 05:32 AM
What a bunch of crap! On the one hand they admit that a McCain win was a "win win" for the left. They they attack Ron Paul? If I recall correctly Ron Paul did NOT endorse John McCain.

That said, Frank please break the links so that these morons don't get a higher Google index.

FrankRep
02-24-2010, 07:42 AM
That said, Frank please break the links so that these morons don't get a higher Google index.

now broken

Stary Hickory
02-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I am sure they would like to. I am not going to play this game, and I think the GoP has become much more conservative as a result. It knows it cannot discard the wishes of people wanting smaller government anymore. The GoP must put up a libertarian/conservative candidate, they cannot go with a McCain or Romney.

Had Sanford not soiled his name, he would have been a good choice.

angelatc
02-24-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't care if it does. They either need to figure out a way to work with us (and stop insulting our values) or quit whining when we don't vote for them.

Ron Paul was the only candidate that brought new voters into the party. They should be kissing Paul butt.

wgadget
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
One little problem is the oncoming trainwreck called the economy.

Things will only get worse, just as Ron Paul has predicted, UNLESS spending is cut drastically. Most likely not going to happen.

One of our major proponents is the ECONOMY. It is our friend.

angelatc
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
One little problem is the oncoming trainwreck called the economy.

Things will only get worse, just as Ron Paul has predicted, UNLESS spending is cut drastically. Most likely not going to happen.

One of our major proponents is the ECONOMY. It is our friend.

Maybe. But that will also serve the GOP. Our biggest friend was the war(s) - that's the biggest reason that the GOP lost the election. But the media isn't talking about that, and they indicate that the reason the GOP lost was Bush's big spending habits.

That was part of it, but IMHO the main thing that drove people to camp Obama was the war.

catdd
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
The left doesn't have to split the gop, there's already a war going on between us and the Wilsonians/necons for control of the party. We're not going to start sleeping with that bunch just to win elections. Principles come first.

wgadget
02-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Maybe. But that will also serve the GOP. Our biggest friend was the war(s) - that's the biggest reason that the GOP lost the election. But the media isn't talking about that, and they indicate that the reason the GOP lost was Bush's big spending habits.

That was part of it, but IMHO the main thing that drove people to camp Obama was the war.

But Ron Paul's main point===AND THE ONE THAT NEOCONS CHOOSE TO IGNORE===is that the imperialistic military presence around the world is unsustainable. We can no longer afford it.

The truth is barreling toward the Neocons at a deafening speed.

Pennsylvania
02-24-2010, 09:14 AM
They're not going to split anything just for the sake of splitting it. The left is much more sympathetic to Ron Paul than they are to mainstream Republicans. So if there's any "splitting" going on, it will be by assholes on "our side" like Glenn Beck.

FunkBuddha
02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
and we're the conspiracy theorists?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
If the GOP keeps putting up numb skulls like Palin, Bush, Romney, etc there wont be any vote to split. Why dont they realize that America doesn't want their conservative b.s.

I've always felt that once the baby boomers start dying off, the liberty movement will have a better chance.

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-24-2010, 10:52 PM
and we're the conspiracy theorists?

We should run with that idea. Label their "splitting the GOP" fears as a conspiracy theory and watch them discredit themselves.
"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
--Mark Twain