PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is to Neocons what a silver bullet is to vampires

Jeros
02-24-2010, 12:00 AM
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2010/02/23/ron-pauls-victory/

"Ron Paul is to neocons what a silver bullet is to vampires, and, for me at least, a great deal of the joy accompanying Ron Paul’s CPAC victory has been anticipating the squeals of outrage, shock, and real pain coming from those circles. This may be my sadistic streak coming out, albeit not for the first time, but after years of hearing Paul and his supporters dismissed as "fringe" irrelevant sectarians with no real political prospects, you’ll forgive me if I indulge myself in a little gratuitous cruelty."

"Earl Ofari Hutchinson, as a supporter of the present admnistration – which is waging an immoral and unsustainable war in Iraq, Afghanistan,
and Pakistan – has every reason to find Ron Paul and his supporters "scary."So do the neocons, the vultures of the American politics, who hover over every battlefield cheering on the slaughter. I revel in their fear: it gladdens my heart and sustains me. Because it means, not that we’re winning, necessarily, but that we can win. And in a battle of this kind, so hard and unforgiving, that makes all the difference."

Anti Federalist
02-24-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=233155

Bman
02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Aren't silver bullets for werewolves? I thought a wooden stake throug the heart was for vampires.

Jeros
02-24-2010, 12:14 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=233155

Mine already has more replies! JK. I reported it a repeat.

Aren't silver bullets for werewolves? I thought a wooden stake throug the heart was for vampires.

Per wikianswers:

Any kind of bullet will kill a vampire, you just have inflict enough damage. One bullet (unless it was of an extremely high calibre) would not be enough to kill a vampire. The vampire's metabolism allows for holes and in some cases there is a great potential for healing (although in some cases there is no healing at all). However vampires can suffer from heavy metal poisoning and if they get a hunk of lead or silver lodge in them their condition will deteriorate.

:D

Anti Federalist
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Mine already has more replies! JK. I reported it a repeat.

I hope that article gets posted 100 times and every person here reads it.

:cool:

Bman
02-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Any kind of bullet will kill a vampire, you just have inflict enough damage. One bullet (unless it was of an extremely high calibre) would not be enough to kill a vampire. The vampire's metabolism allows for holes and in some cases there is a great potential for healing (although in some cases there is no healing at all). However vampires can suffer from heavy metal poisoning and if they get a hunk of lead or silver lodge in them their condition will deteriorate.

:D

Looks like hollywood needs to do some rewrites. Just saw Dusk to Dawn looks like Tarentino made a few mistakes.

Jeros
02-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Looks like hollywood needs to do some rewrites. Just saw Dusk to Dawn looks like Tarentino made a few mistakes.

They have been doing rewrites. If vampires want to be nice, they can drink deer blood instead of human blood. They can also hang out in the daylight too, which they need because they find empty headed teenagers irresistible in an innocent yet romantic way.

Jeros
02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I hope that article gets posted 100 times and every person here reads it.

:cool:

It seems like recent events have been bringing out a bunch of excellent commentary. In 2007, we recognized the trend while everyone else thought it was a passing fad. Now only the blind, desperate, and scared deny the trend.

DapperDan
02-24-2010, 02:44 AM
They have been doing rewrites. If vampires want to be nice, they can drink deer blood instead of human blood. They can also hang out in the daylight too, which they need because they find empty headed teenagers irresistible in an innocent yet romantic way.

Vampires sparkle now too!

Establishment fears people like Ron

FrankRep
02-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Yep. lol

purplechoe
02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
...Fox also amplified the boos that greeted the announcement of Paul’s victory, but the reality is that the hall was at that moment filled with those who had come to hear Glenn Beck and Newt Gingrich...

hmm, I think I agree...

"I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, not by a long shot"

revolutionary8
02-24-2010, 04:49 AM
YouTube - Underworld Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYyhBtQ1PU)