PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen on Texas Race

lynnf
02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/texas/election_2010_texas_governor

Another GOP hopeful, Tea Party activist Debra Medina, has stumbled following a gaffe on the Glenn Beck show. In the previous survey, she had a three-point advantage over White. Now Medina trails the Democrat by 10 points, 47% to 37%.

-----------------

lynn

michaelwise
02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
If Medina is not the candidate, I would vote for the democrat in order to turn over the incumbent R seat. At least I get something out of it.

winston_blade
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Maybe lots of dems will vote for Medina now:)

Arklatex
02-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I would vote for the Dem to get Rick Perry out.

Rick Perry must go.

Nathan Hale
02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe Medina should switch to a Congressional run. What district is she in?

Imperial
02-23-2010, 09:36 PM

I dont think they can switch money from a state race to a federal race in Texas... which would mean Medina would have alot of work to do to catch up.

We just have to get Medina a strong showing to show her legitimacy as a contender in Texas so she can run for RP's seat in 2012.

I don't know yet who I will vote for in the (likely) situation Medina doesn't make the runoff. I won't vote in the runoff election, but I have to decide between White or Libertarian.

hueylong
02-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Isn't RP running for his own seat in 2012?

ctiger2
02-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Maybe lots of dems will vote for Medina now:)

Probably...

lynnf
02-24-2010, 03:15 AM

I think she's in RP's district - anybody here know for sure?

lynn

TruckinMike
02-24-2010, 04:27 AM
I would vote for the Dem to get Rick Perry out.

Rick Perry must go.

Which would you rather have in office - An honest collectivist or a lying collectivist?

Democrat = potentially honest collectivist
Perry/Hutchinson = Lying collectivists

I would rather have a potentially honest commie than a known dishonest one (Perry and Hutchinson) I WILL NOT vote for either of them. Keeping a traitorous incumbent (I include Kay here) in office and expecting different results is crazy.

And who is it that keeps calling Rick and Kay conservative anyway?? Oh yea, it was NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123900074&ft=1&f=1003) ...give me a break

TMike

0zzy
02-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I think she's in RP's district - anybody here know for sure?

lynn

she is. she mentioned it somewhere, in the debate or on glenn beck or something.

Peace&Freedom
02-24-2010, 05:54 AM
IF she makes up for the Mark Davis incident, in the future Paul may have just found his replacement, upon announcing his retirement (or his promotion to the White House).

Nathan Hale
02-24-2010, 06:42 AM
IF she makes up for the Mark Davis incident, in the future Paul may have just found his replacement, upon announcing his retirement (or his promotion to the White House).

What's the Mark Davis incident?

Peace&Freedom
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
What's the Mark Davis incident?

YouTube - Alex Jones Tv: Alex's Take on "Flip-Flop" Medina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmzJJtQnar4)

Galileo Galilei
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Medina is set up to run for congress in 2012. She is now a major force in Texas politics.

Bergie Bergeron
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Could she run for Senate in the future?

Galileo Galilei
02-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Could she run for Senate in the future?

She could run for whatever she wants, but she should focus on what she has a good chance to win. She is young in her mid-40s. The House would give her national exposure and a chance to hobnob with Ron and Rand. She can move up later depending on wehat develops.

I don't know who has the House seat in her district, however.

gls
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM

This guy:

http://www.thedailyswine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ron-paul.jpg

Dustancostine
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
She could run for whatever she wants, but she should focus on what she has a good chance to win. She is young in her mid-40s. The House would give her national exposure and a chance to hobnob with Ron and Rand. She can move up later depending on wehat develops.

Ron Paul :D

Number19
02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe Medina should switch to a Congressional run. What district is she in?Debra has said, prior to her decision to run for governor, she had seldom given much thought toward running for public office. On those occassions when the idea or thought did come up, she had always thought it would be to run for Ron's seat when he retired.

Nathan Hale
02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Medina is set up to run for congress in 2012. She is now a major force in Texas politics.

Good! I'm glad that she has her sights set on a nice, attainable race in the near future. She really has a future in politics, if she plays her cards right.

Nathan Hale
02-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Posted Alex Jones' Video

Thanks for Alex Jones' point of view. Medina was doing what needed to be done. Yes, that means throwing 9/11 truth under the bus. Considering that we can't have our 9/11 truth and eat it too, I'd rather we elect candidates to office who manage to effect change even if it means that the history books for the next 500 years say that 19 middle eastern hijackers took down the world trade center. She's still DOA in the governor's race, but if Alex Jones was the standard bearer, we'd still be sitting with 1% approval on the sidelines of the American political system.

Number19
02-24-2010, 09:10 PM
... She's still DOA in the governor's race...We have, during EV, twice the turnout of the 2006 primary. You really think this enthusiasm is due to support for Perry and KBH?

Nathan Hale
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
We have, during EV, twice the turnout of the 2006 primary. You really think this enthusiasm is due to support for Perry and KBH?

I'll admit that there's an off chance she might amount to something in this race, I have very little faith in that possibility.

Number19
02-24-2010, 09:26 PM
It's been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows during the 30 years I've been campaigning for freedom. I've got to be the opposite and believe this is a high point. If I had your pessimism, it would have been hard to hold the line.

WorldonaString
02-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Turnout is way up! I can't imagine that being for the establishment canidates in our current political climate. Don't underestimate liberty! We can make this happen, but we need less worrying and more boots on the ground, phone banking, etc...Lets get to work for Texas!

Imperial
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Turnout is probably also up because of the tea party movement. So some of that will spillover to Perry and Hutchison.

Nathan Hale
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
It's been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows during the 30 years I've been campaigning for freedom. I've got to be the opposite and believe this is a high point. If I had your pessimism, it would have been hard to hold the line.

I have neither optimism or pessimism. I have realism. I'm a strategist by trade, so it's my job to try and predict what is going to occur. That said, it's always nice to hope for the best, so long as we strategize for the worst.

Number19
02-26-2010, 04:01 PM
I have neither optimism or pessimism. I have realism. I'm a strategist by trade, so it's my job to try and predict what is going to occur. That said, it's always nice to hope for the best, so long as we strategize for the worst.I understand where you are coming from. Even during my highs, I reserve that 20 - 25% of my conscientiousness for realistic expectations. I never let the lows be too low that I abandon my lifelong commitment to freedom. My big concern is to question how many of the new converts will have what it takes to stay the course.

Galileo Galilei
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Good! I'm glad that she has her sights set on a nice, attainable race in the near future. She really has a future in politics, if she plays her cards right.

I guess Medina live in Ron Paul's district. She is still set up to run for something, though.

RlxdN10sity
02-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Turnout is way up! I can't imagine that being for the establishment canidates in our current political climate. Don't underestimate liberty! We can make this happen, but we need less worrying and more boots on the ground, phone banking, etc...Lets get to work for Texas!

+1

runningdiz
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM

I have a feeling that Medina is being prepared to take over Ron's seat. Like many have pointed out she lives in Ron's district and is obviously trusted by him because she has a spot on c4l's board.

Maybe people will get what they wish for, Ron concentrating and campaigning hard for the 2012 presidential race one last time and handing over his congressional seat to Medina.

I doubt Ron plans on staying in Congress forever like Senator Bird. With other people stepping in like Rand or Schiff it will give him the opportunity to retire and educate people in ways he can't now as a politician.

Nathan Hale
02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
I understand where you are coming from. Even during my highs, I reserve that 20 - 25% of my conscientiousness for realistic expectations. I never let the lows be too low that I abandon my lifelong commitment to freedom. My big concern is to question how many of the new converts will have what it takes to stay the course.

Unfortunately that's a number you have to follow rather than lead. If the bulk of the support group wants out, there's only so long that bucking that trend remains strategically viable. But you're right, never let the lows destroy your commitment to freedom. As with Washington, whenever I advocate retreat from a certain field of conflict, I frame that retreat in terms of how it benefits the movement overall. Accept an operational defeat in such a way that it benefits the grand strategy.

Shotdown1027
02-27-2010, 04:02 AM
It makes sense for Medina to run for Ron's seat when he retires--but Paul has not indicated he wants to retire soon and Medina will need to capitalize on her name ID in 2012, possibly with a run for a lesser statewide office like Railroad Commissioner or something similar.

Number19
02-27-2010, 07:51 AM
What we are all hoping for, is if KBH follows through on her campaign promise to retire from the Senate, Debra will step in and be our candidate. A lot will depend on timing. It's been a long grind this past year and she will need some down time with her family, but she's committed.

(edit) But what am I saying... she's going to be the next governor of Texas.

constituent
02-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm a strategist by trade, so it's my job to try and predict what is going to occur.

yea, but i will still pwn your ass at some motherf*'n chess.

Nathan Hale
02-27-2010, 06:05 PM
What we are all hoping for, is if KBH follows through on her campaign promise to retire from the Senate, Debra will step in and be our candidate. A lot will depend on timing. It's been a long grind this past year and she will need some down time with her family, but she's committed.

(edit) But what am I saying... she's going to be the next governor of Texas.

At this point, if KBH hasn't stated she's going to resign, she probably isn't.

Nathan Hale
02-27-2010, 06:06 PM
yea, but i will still pwn your ass at some motherf*'n chess.

You probably would. My only chess exposure in for a long time has been teaching my 5 year old how to play.

Number19
02-27-2010, 06:27 PM
What KBH has said is that win or lose, she will retire. Very vague on the timing.

TastyWheat
02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
What KBH has said is that win or lose, she will retire. Very vague on the timing.
It wouldn't make sense that she would only continue her political career if she was elected governor.

lynnf
02-27-2010, 06:51 PM

she said she'd leave after 2 terms, too -- here she is in her 3rd -- found a convenient excuse when Perry had a partial term and got re-elected.

think she's good at keeping her word?

lynn

Galileo Galilei
02-27-2010, 10:08 PM
If Medina is not the candidate, I would vote for the democrat in order to turn over the incumbent R seat. At least I get something out of it.

Vote for the Libertarian Party candidate. He's a better choice than Medina anyway.

http://www.jeffdaiell.com/

Number19
02-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Vote for the Libertarian Party candidate. He's a better choice than Medina anyway.

http://www.jeffdaiell.com/I've known Jeff Daiell for 30 years as a Libertarian Party activist. It's a little uncommon to find someone from WI who knows this Houstonian. He would be my 2nd choice, too, but Jeff is not electable, running on the LP ticket.

In 1996 I was running for US Congress in the 14th District on the LP ticket, the same year Ron Paul got back into politics, running as a Republican. This was one of the toughest contests he had ever faced and he contacted me to ask for the Libertarian support. I withdrew and gave him my endorsement. Ron won that election by 3%.

If Medina wins the GOP nomination against White, I'll be contacting Jeff to see if he would consider withdrawing and endorsing Debra.

Galileo Galilei
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
I've known Jeff Daiell for 30 years as a Libertarian Party activist. It's a little uncommon to find someone from WI who knows this Houstonian. He would be my 2nd choice, too, but Jeff is not electable, running on the LP ticket.

I'm assuming that you vote for Jeff in the general election, if Medina does not survive through the primary and runoff elections. Anyone who votes for Perry or Bailout is wasting their vote.

Voting for a democrat in the general election is a wasted vote for two reasons:

1) the democrat has no chance to win a statewide election in Texas this year against Perry of KBH.

2) if the democrat did win, then your vote is wasted even more, the democrat party sucks.

Voting for Third Party candidates is an investment in the future. The world does not end on election day. I know Jeff through a teaparty group.

Number19
02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I hold a lifetime membership in the Libertarian Party and am a major contributor. I joined the Republican Party in 2007 to campaign and support Dr Paul in his presidential campaign. He's the only Republican to have my support and vote since 1996. I think the Ron Paul Revolution has legs and will continue to grow. I'm currently active in Debra's campaign and I never would have believed it 4 years ago, but I'm running for precinct chair as a Republican and will be working to reform the leadership and agenda of the Texas GOP.

But still, the only Republican to get my vote will be those who are part of the Revolution.

I would urge any reading this to support LP candidates if we do not have a clear choice otherwise.

Galileo Galilei
02-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I hold a lifetime membership in the Libertarian Party and am a major contributor. I joined the Republican Party in 2007 to campaign and support Dr Paul in his presidential campaign. He's the only Republican to have my support and vote since 1996. I think the Ron Paul Revolution has legs and will continue to grow. I'm currently active in Debra's campaign and I never would have believed it 4 years ago, but I'm running for precinct chair as a Republican and will be working to reform the leadership and agenda of the Texas GOP.

But still, the only Republican to get my vote will be those who are part of the Revolution.

I would urge any reading this to support LP candidates if we do not have a clear choice otherwise.

I've been a LP member since 1990. I always vote third party, except in rare cases when people like Ron Paul are on the ballot. The people at this website are pretty good at finding the few other true pro-liberty candidates who are out there.

TCE
02-27-2010, 11:14 PM

Huey's back?