PDA

View Full Version : RP was just on Dylan Rattigan

NoHero
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Really positive interview. Talked about how progressives could get behind his message on civil liberties, war, and the fed and explained his fiscal ideals. Rattigan ended it saying, "I dont think anyone watching this show can disagree with a durn thing you just said."

BenIsForRon
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure it will be on MSNBC's website soon.

krazy kaju
02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Is it just me, or does Dylan Ratigan seem like an alright guy? I've only seen a few minutes here and there of his show but he seems like an honest, straightforward person. He doesn't seem like a complete douche like Matthews or Overbite.

BenIsForRon
02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Is it just me, or does Dylan Ratigan seem like an alright guy? I've only seen a few minutes here and there of his show but he seems like an honest, straightforward person. He doesn't seem like a complete douche like Matthews or Overbite.

I'd say yeah, from what I've seen so far. He's no Napalitano, but he's one of the few who I would say is on our side.

krazy kaju
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't say that he's on our side, he clearly is a progressive, but he's someone who I think will look past politics most of the time, cut the bullshit, and get down to what he believes is right. I can respect someone like that. I can't respect spineless, melodramatic, and sophistic morons like Matthews, Overbite, Maddow, et al.

lester1/2jr
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM
he used to host fast money on CNBC.

people might not like wall street, but the people there know how the world works alot more than people in DC, thus guys like rattigan understand the money side very very well and thats a key part of the liberty thing.

they are speaking the same language more often than when paul speaks to most other pundits.

someperson
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Mr. Ratigan seems like a good, understanding individual. However, aside from perhaps a 'thank you' email when warranted, let's avoid Beck'ing any more on-air personalities. We ill need any more of such emotional attachments. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is, or was, planning on making Mr. Ratigan "our" next idolized media figure, who will "spread the word for us;" I just felt it needed to be said, I guess /rant? lol

BenIsForRon
02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Mr. Ratigan seems like a good, understanding individual. However, aside from perhaps a 'thank you' email when warranted, let's avoid Beck'ing any more on-air personalities. We ill need any more of such emotional attachments. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is, or was, planning on making Mr. Ratigan "our" next idolized media figure, who will "spread the word for us;" I just felt it needed to be said, I guess /rant? lol

Dude, not all of us on this forum were fooled by Beck. I was never on that bandwagon. I don't see Ratigan pulling a hit job on Dr. Paul and company anytime soon.

someperson
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I hope I didn't convey the idea that I thought "all of us" or even "most of us" Beck'ed Mr. Beck. I added a sentence to reinforce that point, but I guess it wasn't clear. I apologize if I failed to communicate my thoughts effectively.