PDA

View Full Version : What Mike Church said @ CPAC panel!

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=32842

Of the C4L events, my favorite was the Our American Dream panel with Gov. Gary Johnson, Tim Carney, and Mike Church.

I must admit that until the event I did not know who Mike Church was. I don't listen to talk radio very much. His speech floored me. Not because of its top-notch delivery with so many perfectly-timed jokes, but because he actually talked about something I've been waiting to hear somebody talk about: criticizing the Constitution and questioning the motives of the Founders. The Constitution is the greatest political document written by man, so says Andrew Napolitano. Church observed: what about the very thing it replaced, the Articles of Confederation, which worried Madison and the Founders for its lack of a powerful central government?

Church even took it a step further than I had been willing to go, by expressing fearlessness toward a Constitutional convention. I've written elsewhere (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=305) that a "ConCon" would be a bad idea-"Given public opinion, we'd be more likely to get a Constitution less amicable to individual rights than the one we have now." But Church had a point: how much less amicable to individual rights could it possibly be? Individual rights are all but ignored by lawmakers today, with no punishment for them and little hope in the courts to stop them. Maybe Church is right.

low preference guy
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM

speciallyblend
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
A thread with a link by Matt Collins. Before I click, can someone else that is not Matt Collins confirm that it doesn't link to a post made by Matt Collins in which the name "Matt Collins" is in the title?

if matt collins is that much of a concern for you .then just stay off any matt collins threads. give it a break, instead of trying to pick on matt collins try running for office. the blame matt collins or pick on matt collins is getting old, try f'in with beck or something!!! beginning to think you might be bush or malkin!!! if only you could be matt collins. i would rather read matt collins threads . then folks bashing or picking on someone that actually does more then post on rpf!!!

what is your point about matt collins anyway??,if it bothers you that much. why bother opening his threads or posting on them.

low preference guy
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM

dannno
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
A thread with a link by Matt Collins. Before I click, can someone else that is not Matt Collins confirm that it doesn't link to a post made by Matt Collins in which the name "Matt Collins" is in the title?

Ya it's written by somebody who went to CPAC.

low preference guy
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM

dannno
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
^

i just wanted to know if it was worth it to click on the link, or if it was another instance of self-aggrandizement.

I don't see anything wrong with self promotion on this board.

Personally I had no problem with all of Matt's threads, but if some people did then maybe he could have toned it down.. but now there is nothing. I don't know if that is because nothing big is happening for him or if it is because he is not sharing news due to fears of being criticized by members of the board.. but I don't like either of those options and I know it's one of 'em.

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
now there is nothing. I don't know if that is because nothing big is happening for him or if it is because he is not sharing news due to fears of being criticized by members of the board.. but I don't like either of those options and I know it's one of 'em.Not really. I am however keeping a low profile for the next few months due to electoral politics ;)

torchbearer
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
ok, throwing a market idea out to the public-
new ron paul gear with logos: "Ron Paul People"

nobody's_hero
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
FYI: the link does not go to somewhere that is run by Matt Collins. You will not click the link and have Matt Collins crawl out of your computer screen, run naked through your house, feed laxatives to your dog, and skip off to hide in your closet. Matt Collins will not then get up in the middle of the night and play pranks on you by cleaning your toilet bowl with your toothbrush, putting a whoopee cushion in the bed between you and your spouse, or replacing your coffee sugar with salt. Matt Collins will not hide in the bushes outside your front door and jump out wearing a chicken suit as you pass by on your way to retrieve the Sunday paper, nor will he rearrange the contents of that paper so that you must frustratingly search for the section most important to you.

Matt Collins is *not* a bad man, unless you work for the establishment.

If you do represent the establishment:

Turn off your computer screen, wear a blindfold, taste-test your dog's food, remove your closet doors, stop brushing your teeth, stop sleeping with your spouse, neglect your morning coffee, chop down your bushes, and cancel your newspaper subscription.

Southron
02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Back on topic. :)

Nothing wrong with promoting Mike Church on here. I mean every other thread is about Beck so...

I wish I could have been at CPAC to hear his speech.

krazy kaju
02-23-2010, 07:30 PM
This is all I gotta say to all the hatin' goin on here:

YouTube - Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles Pt. 1: Haters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7z_ztMxBgk)

Cowlesy
02-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Anti-Federalist linked an a great article, I believe from the American Conservative, about this issue.

I also have been promoting Mike Church and Jack Hunter a lot on here. My hope is that you all give them a listen, and maybe spread the word further, and perhaps instead of me hearing people blathering about what Mark Levin is groaning about or Glenn, I'll hear their ideas being spread.

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 10:26 PM
if matt collins is that much of a concern for you .then just stay off any matt collins threads. give it a break, instead of trying to pick on matt collins try running for office. the blame matt collins or pick on matt collins is getting old, try f'in with beck or something!!! beginning to think you might be bush or malkin!!! if only you could be matt collins. i would rather read matt collins threads . then folks bashing or picking on someone that actually does more then post on rpf!!!

what is your point about matt collins anyway??,if it bothers you that much. why bother opening his threads or posting on them.OR they could just hit the "ignore" button ;)

if only you could be matt collins.I have heard a lot of people say that :p