PDA

View Full Version : where should the current budget go

slothman
02-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I know libertarians are against the national gov't taxing and spending so much.
That won't change anytime soon though; even people like Rand getting elected.
Instead of the current places of where the budget is being spent where should it go?
And no, sending it back to people to act like there was no taxes at all doesn't count.
I mean like social programs, eg medicare, science, eg NASA, military, environment, alternate energy, etc.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
It should be stripped down to the bare bones.

Keep the Federal Courts, the FBI, Congress (but reduce budget, perks, salaries, etc), Executive Branch, the Dept. of Defense (drastically reduced!), and the State Dept.

Everything else gets eliminated or chopped down.

Reform Social Security and Medicare so people that really really need it, get it. And people that can afford to not have it get cut. Give people under 40 the option to opt out.

Repeal the millions of pages of legislation that interfere with free markets functioning.

Anti Federalist
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I know libertarians are against the national gov't taxing and spending so much.
That won't change anytime soon though; even people like Rand getting elected.
Instead of the current places of where the budget is being spent where should it go?
And no, sending it back to people to act like there was no taxes at all doesn't count.
I mean like social programs, eg medicare, science, eg NASA, military, environment, alternate energy, etc.

You're asking the impossible.

It can't be done without the Gordian knot "nuclear option" that you took off the table.

Trying to reform or enact scaled cutbacks won't work.