PDA

View Full Version : PPP downplays Ron Paul's CPAC win

rp08orbust
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Paul at home
This is no great surprise but the Texas poll we put out today confirmed that Ron Paul's standing within the Republican Party has a lot more to do with the volume of his support than its breadth.

Only 38% of primary voters in his home state have a favorable opinion of Paul while 30% view him unfavorably. 32% said they had no opinion of Paul.

The poll also found that only 8% of Texas Republicans think of themselves as libertarians.

With those kinds of numbers at home it's further indication that Ron Paul's victory in the straw poll at CPAC was confirmation that...he knows how to get his people to vote in meaningless polls. And not much more than that...
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/paul-at-home.html

This was a completely gratuitous swipe at Ron Paul--it doesn't seem to have anything to do with their job as campaign pollsters.

I'm surprised that 32% of Texans still have no opinion of Ron Paul in 2010.

Expatriate
02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
he knows how to get his people to vote in meaningless polls. And not much more than that...

It sounds like they're saying RP bussed in a bunch of "his people" and paid them to vote for him.

Is it really so hard to believe that people could support someone through their own free will?

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
no publicity is bad publicity

sofia
02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm afraid PPP is correct. Out of 10,000 attendees, only 2400 voted. Ron got 1/3 which adds up to about 8% of all attendees.

We are the most passionate....but on election day, one brain dead, semi motivated neo-con cancels out the vote of one passionate Ron Paul supporter.

The GOP is beyond hope. What I would like to see is Ron get 25% of the primary vote....and then go all out as an independent....

We have a better shot at Indy's and even some liberals than we do with the shitheads who worship the GOP.

0zzy
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
The last sentence indicates that this is a horrible poll. I would agree with them if they weren't such aholes.

Fr3shjive
I'm afraid PPP is correct. Out of 10,000 attendees, only 2400 voted. Ron got 1/3 which adds up to about 8% of all attendees.

We are the most passionate....but on election day, one brain dead, semi motivated neo-con cancels out the vote of one passionate Ron Paul supporter.

The GOP is beyond hope. What I would like to see is Ron get 25% of the primary vote....and then go all out as an independent....

We have a better shot at Indy's and even some liberals than we do with the shitheads who worship the GOP.

Yea, but we definitely made waves with this last poll. Neo-cons all over are talking about Ron Paul and his message of liberty. Whether they agree with him or not they're still talking. If they get exposed to him enough they'll hear his message and we'll get more people joining us.

Agorism
What did Romney get then? 6%?

sofia
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Yea, but we definitely made waves with this last poll. Neo-cons all over are talking about Ron Paul and his message of liberty. Whether they agree with him or not they're still talking. If they get exposed to him enough they'll hear his message and we'll get more people joining us.

i'm very happy with the results and the free publicity that comes with it.....I'm just sayin that we will never win over the war loving ditto-heads, Beck-bots, Christian Zionists, and GOP "moderates".......GOP is a shitty organization.

My fantasy is for Ron Paul to make serious waves in the GOP primary....then run as an independent.....