PDA

View Full Version : Pot Wars: Battlefield California by Reason TV

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
YouTube - Pot Wars: Battlefield California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcNt8Igam7E&feature=sub)

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Guess there isn't a big "Reason" fan base here.

disorderlyvision
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
interesting vid

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
interesting vid

More interesting they think it will be recreationally legal in 2 to 3 years.

disorderlyvision
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
More interesting they think it will be recreationally legal in 2 to 3 years.

Yeah, hopefully they can get it on the ballot, get it passed, and then other states follow suit. The prohibition on drugs is ridiculous, and needs to end immediately

Brian4Liberty
02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, we need to stop wasting money on the "war on drugs".

Are all of these dispensaries in LA hurting the gangs?

Promontorium
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Marijuana is federally illegal, you want to smoke, you're committing a federal crime. But marijuana is available everywhere.

Efforts for legalizing marijuana often focus on making it a controlled substance. This way it will be illegal for almost everyone. It will be 10 times more expensive, and it will be unavailable almost everywhere.

Thinking about this, I'm just pissed all around. Pissed at laws banning things. Equally pissed at laws requiring prescriptions for things.

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Marijuana is federally illegal, you want to smoke, you're committing a federal crime. But marijuana is available everywhere.

Efforts for legalizing marijuana often focus on making it a controlled substance. This way it will be illegal for almost everyone. It will be 10 times more expensive, and it will be unavailable almost everywhere.

Thinking about this, I'm just pissed all around. Pissed at laws banning things. Equally pissed at laws requiring prescriptions for things.
Um, they were talking at the end about adult recreational consumption becoming legal. I guess you didn't watch the video.

Reason
02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
California Marijuana Legalization Initiative (2010)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232029

dannno
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
This is long over-due, haven't seen it yet, but it is a battle here.

Where I live we used to have local authorities that supported medical MJ.. they were actually keeping the DEA out of our community. Now the local authorities are conducting raids themselves. It's ridiculous.

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Free Charlie Lynch!

disorderlyvision
02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
It will be 10 times more expensive, and it will be unavailable almost everywhere.

Prohibition is what has driven prices up if it were legal prices would decrease.

And from my understanding they are trying to legalize it for adult consumption. I do not see how it would be any harder to obtain than beer and cigs

dannno
02-23-2010, 07:29 PM
The biggest issue that the video didn't bring up is the most complicated issue in the medical marijuana industry in CA right now.

Nobody knows how to answer the question of how a dispensary can legally operate when some legal authorities have said that it is not legal to sell (even though they have nothing to back-up this claim, other than that Prop 215 doesn't specify that you can sell it). However, legally, non-profit collectives can come together and distribute the cannabis, but how do you do that without charging the patients? You can't just ask for donations for something like that.

So this is where we are. This is why now instead of the DEA coming in, we have local authorities in some area raiding some clubs for simply selling cannabis to patients...