PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising 101, more critical than ever! THIS IS IT

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 02:45 PM
If there was ever a time for action, this is certainly it everyone. This is our last opportunity to make an impression before the primaries, and money certainly does talk. Ron Paul's coverage over earning $5 million was impressive, but imagine the shock of the main stream if he can exceed the $12 million goal? People across the country, doubters, supporters, uncertain potential voters will no doubt be unable to deny his status any longer.

Make no mistake about it, the time for waiting is over. The excuse of "someone else will do it, my vote/money/support doesn't count" is far from acceptable. All it takes is one person to set an example for many, and you can be that one person by openly expressing your support. I'm only one person, but the bumper stickers on my car are seen by hundreds every day. My shirts are seen in public daily by people who would never know Ron Paul's name without me doing so. Every one of us makes a difference. We can rely on no one but ourselves to get the job done of spreading the message.

To make (or more importantly, surpass) this quarter's goal, we have to dig deep. I've stated before how easily the $1 million/week goal can be reached...

$20/week by 50,000 people
$25/week by 40,000 people
$50/week by 20,000 people
$100/week by 10,000 people

It seems simple, only if everyone actually sticks to their donations, again, relying on no one but themselves to get the money to the campaign. Always think like you are the only one who can make the difference, because you are. Because although it seems like the smallest donations can help us reach our goal, by no means should we only give the minimum.

Yes, I understand more than anybody that big donations are hard to give. I'm unemployed but still give what I can while allowing myself enough to eat until I get another job. We have to understand that even finding the simplest ways to add even change to our donations can add up. Here are some examples:

Cigarettes: Yes, us smokers love em. But they are in no way a necessity. An addiction, yes. I'm shaking right now without my nicotine, but I've been wanting to quit for some time and this is the best opportunity. A pack a day smoker can easily add a $5/day income to the campaign, with donations of over $35/week. How much do you pay at the gas station for your smokes? Quit smoking (you know you want to), take that exact amount down to the penny, and once a week, donate what you would be spending on cigarettes. It'll be tough, but you're not alone, I promise. If anything, switch to a cheaper brand and donate the difference.

Cans/bottles: How many people buy that 30 rack to watch the game with your buddies? That's $1.50 in most states for bottle exchange. Maine would be $3. How many of you drink soda? Every can/bottle we throw in the trash is precious change we can be adding to our weekly donations. It may not seem like much, but if every person that drinks beer/soda during the game cashed in their empties, really, how much would that add up to? Thousands in potential donation money.

Check your tax claim with your employer: Double check your W-4 to ensure your employer is withholding the correct amount from your paycheck. Underclaiming by even 1 may result in over withholding as much as 5% of your paycheck.

Save gas: Use cruise control. Condense your errands into one trip. Use the highway when possible rather than city driving. Purchase feul injector cleaner if your car is older. I put some into my 99 Camry and it increased by mileage by about 75 miles per tank. Don't drive around just because you're bored. Conserve, conserve, conserve. Carpool. Clean out your car, weight causes higher gas consumption. Keep your tires properly inflated. Figure out how much you usually spend per week on gas. When you start conserving your gas consumption, see how much less you spend and add it to your weekly donation.

Resturants are expensive: Buy packages of chicken/beef to make at home. Make sandwiches. Cook soup. Mix salads. Do whatever you can to avoid eating out. Fast food and other resturants are not a necessity, just another luxury. A chicken sandwich at a resturant can cost anywhere around $10. Chicken at the supermarket costs only $5 for a package of 10 patties.

Filtered water over bottled water: Buy a Brita/Pur/etc water filter for your kitchen sink, and refridgerate the water in a 1 gallon jug. 24 packs of bottled water cost over $6 each depending on the brand/store. You could be spending at least $5/week on bottled water while a $30 filter will give you clean water for months.

Get others to donate: Using our voices is our most powerful weapon at this point. Do you know any Ron Paul supporters who are hesitant to donate? Convince them that even the smallest amount makes a difference. The more people we can get to donate, the better. $5 from 50,000 people is more effective than $100 from 1,000 people.

Save your change: Rather than spending your spare change or simply throwing it on the ground, save it up in a jar. Cash it in at your bank before your last donation of every month and add it to your donation for that week. Same concept as cans/bottles. May not make much of a difference individually, but dollars multiplied by thousands of people...

Ebay/yard sales/trade ins: We all have CDs, DVDs, clothes, video games, books, paintings, collections, etc that we just do not need, use, or even care about. If you're not an ebayer, look into stores that trade cash for DVDs, CDs, video games and other electronics. Don't play guitar anymore? Bring it to the music shop for cash. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and potential profit.

Paypal takes your money: Please hesitate to use Paypal for your donations. If I am correct, Paypal takes a % out of each transaction. This costs you, as well as the campaign, more money that could go elsewhere. Debit cards are a better idea. Credit cards are your best bet, as you can donate the maximum now if you're short on money, and pay it off after the quarter.

Cut coupons/find deals: Is there a sale on what you usually buy on your weekly trip to the supermarket? "What's that, .50 cents off Pepsi? Milk is cheaper down the street?" Write down your savings, donate the amount weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, whenever it is significant.

Don't give up: Keep spreading the message, the name, and the information as best as you can. Be proud to display those bumper stickers, signs and t-shirts. Our future relies on you, and only you. You're a Ron Paul supporter. At this point in time, there is nothing else better in this world to be. Never feel ashamed, because you are not in this alone. This is the time for us to demand a better life for ourselves, our country, our children, and the world. The most inspirational words I've ever heard are those from my signature, and those that we should all live by in this effort:

"But let it not be said that we did nothing."

Please feel free to post your own money saving/fundraising ideas, and I can update the list with them.

runderwo
10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Please feel free to post your own money saving/fundraising ideas, and I can update the list with them.

Sell all your excess crap on ebay/amazon/craiglist. Yes, that means your 100 dvd collection that you've watched 5% of in the last 5 years.

Nefertiti
10-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Do some "fall cleaning" and sell some stuff you don't need anymore on craigslist.org or other sites where people sell stuff.

Nefertiti
10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh well...seems you beat me to that idea! Great minds think alike. Another idea is to do your grocery shopping based on what is on sale this week. You can save a good deal that way and eat better as well!

K1RBY
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
yeah, us too! my wife and i are having a garage sale to get rid of everything we dont 'need' ...then it all goes to RP, and then she will be maxed-out...

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sticky!

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Sticky!

I agree!

cjhowe
10-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Claim 1, not zero: Most people claim 0 to get more out of their tax returns in April. We need the money now. Claiming 1 can get you around 5% more out of your paychecks.

Not to diminish from the rest of your post, but please do not advocate falsifying a W-4.

xcalybur
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
What everyone has to realize is that this is our last chance. Don't think that you will be giving money to his presidential race. We can't think that far ahead. If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination this is over. Give him all your money NOW, this quarter. If we can pull in 12 Million from online donation and he can get another 30% from other sources, that would be over $17 Million for the quarter. Ron Paul can destroy any opposition with ads with that much money going into the primaries. He could compete in almost every state that matters.

BIG STATEMENT: Donate this quarter everything you can. This is our last chance!

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Not to diminish from the rest of your post, but please do not advocate falsifying a W-4.

"Claim 1, not zero: Most people claim 0 to get more out of their tax returns in April. We need the money now. Claiming 1 (if appropriate, do so legally) can get you around 5% more out of your paychecks."

Is that better?

Bergie Bergeron
10-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree!
Same here.

cjhowe
10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
"Claim 1, not zero: Most people claim 0 to get more out of their tax returns in April. We need the money now. Claiming 1 (if appropriate, do so legally) can get you around 5% more out of your paychecks."

Is that better?

How about simply, double check your W-4 to ensure your employer is withholding the correct amount from your paycheck. Underclaiming by as little as 1 may result in over withholding as much as 5% of your paycheck.

davidkachel
10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't get it. RP asked for $500,000 and his supporters had more than a million in the wings.
Why wait for the end of Dec. to boost the total to $12 million?
Every dollar punches Giuliani, Romney and the other neo-nazis right in the gut. If $12 million is what's needed, why not just put up $12 million right away?
Then we can see how much more we want to add to that in Nov and Dec!
C'mon guys. $12 million ain't all that much! In fact, wait a year and give the Fed their head and that'll be your rent!

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Dang this got pushed down quite a few pages quickly... bump

Eric21ND
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm going to take an extra job delivering newspapers and I'm going to donate my extra cash to the campaign. I'm also going to slip in Ron Paul flyers in every paper I deliver.

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm going to take an extra job delivering newspapers and I'm going to donate my extra cash to the campaign. I'm also going to slip in Ron Paul flyers in every paper I deliver.

Awesome!

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Awesome!

I know I am guilty of it; can't we all cut back on the alcohol? Or, instead of a RP pub crawl, couldn't someone save cash by throwing a kegger in his honor?

I think we all have unhealthy habits that we would be better of dropping, but at the least, we could quit them until this quarter is through.

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I know I am guilty of it; can't we all cut back on the alcohol? Or, instead of a RP pub crawl, couldn't someone save cash by throwing a kegger in his honor?

I think we all have unhealthy habits that we would be better of dropping, but at the least, we could quit them until this quarter is through.

That's an excellent way to get the money, and just a good thing to do in general.

tekkierich
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I will switch to Budweiser instead of micro brews for Ron Paul. I don't know how much deeper I can reach. ;-)

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Haha, better than nothing!

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Hmmm.. 3 requests for a sticky. Any more?:p

steph3n
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM
doesn't need a sticky, people ignore them, it just needs people to look for a topic before opening a new thread

american.swan
10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Joking.....How about vandalizing unguarded Newspaper despensers. Guy goes up every sunday for the next few months to get his newspaper and sees a ron paul sticker. :)

jrich4rpaul
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Joking.....How about vandalizing unguarded Newspaper despensers. Guy goes up every sunday for the next few months to get his newspaper and sees a ron paul sticker. :)

Or stickers with Ron Paul's views on the issues stuck over urinals... so they can't help but read them :D