PDA

View Full Version : Strategy to win primary

charrob
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
STRATEGY TO WIN PRIMARY

if Ron Paul runs in 2012, he will definitely get the progressive left-wing vote, particularly if he goes against the NEOCON Obama. As a prior-progressive who has voted for Kucinich in the primaries, I despise Obama because of the wars, destruction of our civil liberties, continued torture and the disgrace of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul's biggest challenge will be the Republican Primaries, not the November general election. But, we can change that by putting the word out on progressive blogs to progressive democrats to change their party affiliation before the elections to 'Republican'. This would help Ron win the primaries.
I think state laws require it to be done several months before elections, and most people are just too busy for this to occur to them until the last minute. (That happened to me last time but not this time if he chooses to run!)

jmdrake
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Obama will probably run uncontested in 2012 so this is a viable strategy. And you're right that it's important to reach out to people in time enough to register to vote.

See: http://ronpaulvols.blogspot.com/2008/01/stumping-for-ron-paul-at-gas-station.html

fisharmor
02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
There's still a while to go, and I heard the other day there may actually be a serious democratic challenge to BHO in primary season.

I think this time around, the biggest challenge is going to be the Republican party's cheating and rulebreaking.
What happened in Nevada is likely to be the pattern going forward.

DjLoTi
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Absolutely we should get democrats to change republican to vote for Ron. We need to present democrats with a 'no alternative' solution - it's either Obama or (Ron) a republican. No democrat is gonna support some cookie-cutter war-hawk republican, so Ron will be the ONLY person on the short list for a democrat

brandon
02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
No offense, but targeting left wing progressives really isn't a great strategy for winning a republican primary.

The best strategy is to put everything we have into Ames straw poll. We need to start building infrastructure in the early primary states ASAP, and Ron needs to get funding much earlier than he did last time around.

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
There's still a while to go, and I heard the other day there may actually be a serious democratic challenge to BHO in primary season.

I think this time around, the biggest challenge is going to be the Republican party's cheating and rulebreaking.
What happened in Nevada is likely to be the pattern going forward.

Get involved RIGHT NOW! The delegates we select this year are the people who are going to elect the leadership for 2012. It's not hard, just show up and you will get in there before they have a chance to shut you out.

The only way we will get shut out in 2012 is if we sit on our hands this year.

charrob
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM

-progressives are suggesting this-- but just like the neocons on the right, the neocons on the left are strangling the democratic party and true progressives are being shut out. also, i believe obama's campaign was paid for by wall-street. -personally i feel the real progressives are just as frustrated as the real conservatives. joining forces might be our only chance of getting Ron Paul elected.

charrob
02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Absolutely we should get democrats to change republican to vote for Ron. We need to present democrats with a 'no alternative' solution - it's either Obama or (Ron) a republican. No democrat is gonna support some cookie-cutter war-hawk republican, so Ron will be the ONLY person on the short list for a democrat

That's exactly right! I know quite a few democrats personally that would do anything to stop these wars and the civil liberties abuses. And if they understood the Federal Reserve the way Ron Paul has explained, they would be against that too.

johngr
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM

I doubt it. Obama holds the trump.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/iQuestionEverything/HusseinRaceCard.jpg

You could also pose as an Obama supporter who's worried about McRomneiannabee in the undoubtedly poor economic climate and with Obama's poor approval rating that will undoubtely exist then and suggest RP as Obama's weakest opponent.

MelissaWV
02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
The advantage for 2012 is that a lot of people registered Republican for 2008. Those people need to be encouraged to remain Republican, on top of the recruitment and signing up of more people. It's never really too early to do this. One of the "virtues" often attributed to Obama and Hillary is the influx of new voters. That wasn't an afterthought. It was very, very well-planned.