PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Had Good Influence

A. Havnes
02-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I just got back from the local restaurant I sometimes like to eat at, and was very pleasantly surprised. Normally, I spend my time listening to the old guys around me talking about their own brand of conservatism and pretty much refusing to listen to what a young 'un like me has to say about anything.

Anyway, I blocked that out until I heard a group of guys sitting at a booth behind me. They'd mentioned CPAC and Ron Paul, so I naturally had to listen. The verdict? They really, really liked him. They started out by saying that they agreed with him on the economy, but weren't so sure about his foreign policy, citing that they felt he was more of a Libertarian than a Republican. However, as they continued to talk, they began comparing him to Thomas Jefferson, and saying things like, "He makes so much sense! But no one wants to hear it!"

They also brought up what they'd heard about him beforehand, which wasn't much. One guy said he'd heard him speak briefly ten years ago and that he was a very consistent man. Another said that he heard that he gives out a copy of the Constitution to every young person he meets (I can't confirm that since I've never met him in person).

As they continued to talk, they even admitted amongst each other that the US really has no business in policing the world and left thinking that they'd vote for him if he ran.

Long story short, the CPAC victory is making a difference, even if the MSM doesn't want it to! :D :cool:

rp08orbust
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Awesome story, thanks!

JamesButabi
02-23-2010, 10:21 AM
You better believe it. By taking over the republicans traditional avenues of influence, we have essentially co-opted their influences (Much like they have taken the tea party). When they degrade something like CPAC that will sound some bells in the minds of people who avidly have been following that for generations.

speciallyblend
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Ron Paul 2012 is the only option left in the gop!! if the gop doesn't get with the program soon. i will have to look outside the gop, republican for a reason.

wgadget
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow...THAT's a GREAT STORY.

Thanks.

May it be repeated in restaurants across the US tenfold.

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
You better believe it. By taking over the republicans traditional avenues of influence, we have essentially co-opted their influences (Much like they have taken the tea party). When they degrade something like CPAC that will sound some bells in the minds of people who avidly have been following that for generations.

They have been trying so hard to take over the "fringe" that they left their homeland unguarded. Bait and switch--I love it.

They can have the tea party; we have the GOP!

ravedown
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM
for the longest time ive had friends say, "i like ron paul and his message, its just that he doesn't stand a chance and is a wasted vote."
i think because of cpac and the current state of politics, people are beginning to give him a serious look now.

TER
02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
My boss, who might be labelled by some as a neocon, said to me yesterday after the CPAC poll results that Ron Paul would never get elected because 'he is not a crook'. :(

NoHero
02-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Holy shit, we are actually gonna do this! The time is just right. The revolution is stronger than ever and its only 2010! I am going into full campaign mode NOW, talking to everyone I meet about RP like 07 and 08.

A. Havnes
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Holy shit, we are actually gonna do this! The time is just right. The revolution is stronger than ever and its only 2010! I am going into full campaign mode NOW, talking to everyone I meet about RP like 07 and 08.

Sounds like a good idea. CPAC is particularly prestigious, and a lot of people watch it. Not to mention, it was Ron Paul's mention in a speech, not sound bites that aren't too suited for him.

Chester Copperpot
02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
All of us know, Ron Paul is the right man, in the right place, at the right time in history... I think of him much like Patton during the Battle of the Bulge...

Chase
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
All of us know, Ron Paul is the right man, in the right place, at the right time in history... I think of him much like Patton during the Battle of the Bulge...

I pray that this is the case.

BuddyRey
02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for sharing this story. You made my day!

Ron was right...The R3volution is alive and well!

anaconda
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
He's catchin' on, I'm telling ya!

The MSM is almost referring to him as a viable Presidential candidate. This is almost surreal. I am very pleased. But the attacks will become brutal down the road. We must be well prepared (newletters, neo nazis, taking our marching orders from al quaeda, etc.).

nobody's_hero
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM

I was beginning to feel more like 101st Airborne. The enemy has us surrounded at Bastogne (2008 Election), asks us to surrender (toe the GOP party line), and the commander, General McAuliffe (Ron Paul) replies "Nuts!"

;)

anaconda
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM

"...and all we need is a few miserable gallons of gasoline........."

Juan McCain
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Other than a lunch aquaintance over the weekend shrugging CPAC off as a "right-wing fringe" group . . .

This has been a great shot in the arm -

Someone needs to get some of this video clip - youtube it or parts of it, please . . .
so it doesn't get lost by MSNBC.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35528614#35528614

some excerpts . . .

Matthews : "Ron Paul has won that straw poll . . . beating out Romney . . . killing Palin"

Buchanan : "Libertarian conservatives . . . "anti-Wilsonian" conservatives . . . are growing in strength . . .will be represented in the politics of 2011, 2012"

Matthews : "the neo-conservative crowd . . . the hawks, aren't there anymore"
. . . "conservative movement taken over by a Libertarian"

Buchanan : "Ron Paul has authenticity and credibility" . . . "to downside the empire abroad" . . . "reducing the welfare/warfare state"

Matthews : distinguish "hawk conservatives, the libertarian conservatives, and "churchy" conservatives"

Buchanan : "a $1.0 trillion empire abroad . . . that "cow" is going to be on the chopping block . . .
"why are we borrowing money all around the world to defend the world ?"

Buchanan : "In 2011, people will ask them . . . what are you going to cut ?"

So, feel free to drop MSNBC an email if you at all get the urge to acknowledge the fair coverage.

dr. hfn
02-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Now we need to host a Tea Party Convention!