PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown votes with the Democrats! Hopey changy Republicans elect a liberal.

MN Patriot
02-23-2010, 06:13 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2221899520100222

A modest job-creation bill advanced in the U.S. Senate on Monday as the chamber's newest Republican bucked his party and sided with Democrats on a $15 billion package of tax cuts and highway spending.

Republican Scott Brown joined four other Republicans, 55 Democrats and two independents to overcome a procedural hurdle that sets up a final vote later this week.

Brown said the bill was not perfect but would help put people back to work.

"I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington," he said in a statement.

Will Republicans ever wake up?

(Third party 2012! Third party 2012! Third party 2012! Third party 2012!)

Travlyr
02-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Will Republicans ever wake up?

I don't know.

It seems to me that only about 3% of the Ron Paul Forums people are awake.

Ron Paul wrote "End The FED." Ending the FED is the only way we can win our liberty because they are funding the progressives.

End the FED.

constituent
02-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Ron Paul wrote "End The FED." Ending the FED is the only way we can win our liberty because they are funding the progressives.

oh noes, it's teh progressives!

quick, someone get me an a.m. radio!

Stary Hickory
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Exactly who are you preaching to? Hardly anyone (no one that I can remember) ever made the clame Scott Brown was a libertarian or old school conservative. His election did derail the government takeover of health care though. And that was quite nice.

That being said, I don't think anyone had any expectations that a Republican elected in Mass would be a real small government libertarian or conservative.

Travlyr
02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
oh noes, it's teh progressives!

quick, someone get me an a.m. radio!

My problem is not the progressives, it's the FED. Progressives are simply not very smart.

nobody's_hero
02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Healthcare wasn't 'derailed.' It was subtle-ized. You will still get healthcare from Scott Brown, but it will be a watered down version as the American people must not know what is going on before it is too late. I fail to see how this is a worthy alternative to an outright takeover of the healthcare system.

Just by show of hands, how many of the Brown nosers know that this "jobs" bill extends the PATRIOT act?

As long as they don't touch healthcare, let them take my guns.

As long as they don't touch healthcare, let them take my right to habeas corpus.

As long as they don't touch healthcare, let them continue with secret prisons, warrantless wiretaps, full-body searches.

Let them strip the states of their sovereignty. Let them tell me what I cannot say.

Just please, please, please, benevolent masters, do not touch healthcare!

Better idea: Tell them to F*@# off and leave you alone, and do that by supporting someone who isn't a two-faced traitor to the cause.

ARealConservative
02-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Exactly who are you preaching to? Hardly anyone (no one that I can remember) ever made the clame Scott Brown was a libertarian or old school conservative. His election did derail the government takeover of health care though. And that was quite nice.

That being said, I don't think anyone had any expectations that a Republican elected in Mass would be a real small government libertarian or conservative.

nice to see a grownup around for a change.

post more, seriously

lester1/2jr
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
more glad I voted for Kennedy

rancher89
02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
There's a "Stop Scott Brown" fb page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-Scott-Brown/312447961593

I have friends who bought into him, hook line and sinker. They feel betrayed. I'm standing by with a helpful hand and a gentle nudge. This is a GREAT opportunity to spread the word.

Trust not what they say. Trust in their voting record.

dannno
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
My problem is not the progressives, it's the FED. Progressives are simply not very smart.

Neither are the Republicans, who are responsible for starting the last couple wars that are bankrupting us... Not that the Dems haven't gone along for the ride...

angelatc
02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
, I don't think anyone had any expectations that a Republican elected in Mass would be a real small government libertarian or conservative.

Nobody here did, but his Facebook page currently tells a different story.

Travlyr
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Neither are the Republicans, who are responsible for starting the last couple wars that are bankrupting us... Not that the Dems haven't gone along for the ride...

True. The libertarians are the only political group that understands self-ownership.

puppetmaster
02-23-2010, 11:50 AM
There's a "Stop Scott Brown" fb page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-Scott-Brown/312447961593

I have friends who bought into him, hook line and sinker. They feel betrayed. I'm standing by with a helpful hand and a gentle nudge. This is a GREAT opportunity to spread the word.

Trust not what they say. Trust in their voting record.

his own facebook page is his worst enemy!

devil21
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Only idiots are surprised by this. More to come too...

And no, health care hasn't been derailed. The latest proposal is pretty much a bill full of the tax hikes, minus any benefit to much of anyone except the Fed's bank accounts.

IT'S A REVENUE GENERATING TOOL, NOTHING MORE!

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg