PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Commercial Responds to Grayson Coal Ad

RonPaulFanInGA
02-23-2010, 05:34 AM
YouTube - Rand Paul - Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrTkhFGla0)

jabf2006
02-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Awesome. Perfect response.

Chieftain1776
02-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Wow! This is great... such an awesome turnaround time and perfect tone. LOL @ Treyson! :D

thomas-in-ky
02-23-2010, 06:58 AM
and this...

http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/kentuckystatehouse_story_053162426.html

MRoCkEd
02-23-2010, 07:06 AM
well that was quick!

itshappening
02-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't forget the Aspen institute David, check out the link to their paper and conclusions in support of Cap and Trade. Grayson is a graduate of the Aspen institute. what we don't need is another Arlen Specter, a career politician who will say anything to get elected...

Cowlesy
02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
This gives me hope he's got a team somewhere just waiting for all those stupid stuff.

I know he must respond, but I hope he gets his message out instead of just responding Grey's attacks on him.

jmdrake
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
That's good. Now if Rand will release a positive ad laying out his energy policy (less regulation, no subsidies for anybody, let the free market bring more energy online from coal to oil to nuclear) that will seal the deal. Rand was actually saying that in the speech that Greyson cut and spliced.

Sine Die
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
The Hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/campaign-blogs-roundup/83081-top-of-the-ballot)

It’s on in Kentucky, where Trey Grayson launched his first GOP Senate primary ad and Rand Paul launched a response ad within 12 hours. Kudos to the Paul campaign on the rapid response. Grayson went negative, and Paul immediately went up with an ad rebutting Grayson’s claims AND attaching him to President Obama. Combined with the narrative of Grayson going negative early, this could be a win for Paul. Grayson’s ad is a little smoother, but it’s notable that Paul’s campaign is on the ball and able to respond quickly. There have been questions about just how good his campaign operation will be.

Gives this round to Rand Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
This was a very rapid response by the Rand Paul campaign. It's nice.

This is the kind of ad you put up on your website and ask for donations to "keep this ad running."

John Taylor
02-23-2010, 08:52 AM
This was a very rapid response by the Rand Paul campaign. It's nice.

This is the kind of ad you put up on your website and ask for donations to "keep this ad running."

I do think Rand needs to run adds like this along with adds advocating HIS position. Protecting private property rights, not burdening industry, reigning in the EPA. Focus on that!

amisspelledword
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
holy crap

i cant believe this exists already

way to go, campaign!

Rand Paul is going to win this with or without us haha awesome

Gage
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't forget Trey's buddy, Van!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ecg950.jpg

torchbearer
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
bwahahahahahahahahaha!

0zzy
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
holy crap

i cant believe this exists already

way to go, campaign!

Rand Paul is going to win this with or without us haha awesome

hahahahaha.
that is so funny, it literally took less than 24 hours.
ahahahahahahahahah.

omg.
I love Rand.

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Don't forget Trey's buddy, Van!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ecg950.jpg

Oh lord! If only that was real. There has to be a picture with him and Gore somewhere. Matt, get your neighbor Al to pose with him for a photo.

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Two thumbs up. I think it's great.

Matt Collins
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Matt, get your neighbor Al to pose with him for a photo.Would I have to shake his hand? :confused: :(

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Would I have to shake his hand? :confused: :(

Nah. Go to Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles and Gigi's cupcakes and just lead a trail like they did with Reece's Pieces in E.T. and he will follow.

0zzy
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Nah. Go to Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles and Gigi's cupcakes and just lead a trail like they did with Reece's Pieces in E.T. and he will follow.

how do you like this ad as a kentuckian and how will they respond?

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
how do you like this ad as a kentuckian and how will they respond?

I'm not really a good person to ask. I've worked on ads like this and I typically hate these ads but, THEY WORK.

To the general population I think this will work in Rand's favor since he is so quick in response and it paints Trey as a Liar and an Obama supporter.

amisspelledword
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
this ad is awesome because it sends a message to the greynson campaign that it is expecting him to go negative and knows what greynson is going to say before he even says it. this ad says "we're ready to go there if you want to take us there."

where this ad wouldve possibly gotten headlines as an attack on Rand, instead it generates headlines with both candidates in them going at each other over the issue. very nice move.

amisspelledword
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
UPDATE: there is now a "final" cut of the ad. the earlier one was a"rough cut." i think they got rid of the official Friends of Coal logo. good move. dont want to waste campaign dollars on legal fees. no doubt grayhnson has some powerful attorney friends to help encourage the Friends of Coal to file a lawsuit

YouTube - Rand Paul - Truth - Final (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_fm8UfUwb0)

0zzy
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm not really a good person to ask. I've worked on ads like this and I typically hate these ads but, THEY WORK.

To the general population I think this will work in Rand's favor since he is so quick in response and it paints Trey as a Liar and an Obama supporter.

After watching it again I don't know. I doesn't take things out of context, he will bring in nuclear once coals out (oh no he hates coal! wait what?) and he wants to work with Obama (he did say that).

I guess the same goes with Trey's ad.

It's just how people receive it now. I hear Trey baited him so he can annihilate him with ads like this. :X? Hopefully Rand destroys Trey!

John Taylor
02-23-2010, 03:46 PM
UPDATE: there is now a "final" cut of the ad. the earlier one was a"rough cut." i think they got rid of the official Friends of Coal logo. good move. dont want to waste campaign dollars on legal fees. no doubt grayhnson has some powerful attorney friends to help encourage the Friends of Coal to file a lawsuit

YouTube - Rand Paul - Truth - Final (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_fm8UfUwb0)

I say stick it to Trey, associate him with Clinton and Clinton's health care, and with Obama and Van Jones.

Cut his throat politically, keep slashing, again and again.

BamaFanNKy
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
After watching it again I don't know. I doesn't take things out of context, he will bring in nuclear once coals out (oh no he hates coal! wait what?) and he wants to work with Obama (he did say that).

I guess the same goes with Trey's ad.

It's just how people receive it now. I hear Trey baited him so he can annihilate him with ads like this. :X? Hopefully Rand destroys Trey!

Don't get me wrong. I think the ad works and is fair game. I just wish we could stick to issue ads and talk about the Pro points of Rand but, Trey took the campaign down the mud path.

John Taylor
02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think the ad works and is fair game. I just wish we could stick to issue ads and talk about the Pro points of Rand but, Trey took the campaign down the mud path.

This is why we need a ton of money, more than Trey... Trey's going to use hit adds, Rand's going to need extra money to both counter the attacks from the establishment, but also to launch his own pro-Paul pieces.

TCE
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Let the games begin. Let's see what McConnell has now that Rand has taken the bait.

0zzy
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Let the games begin. Let's see what McConnell has now that Rand has taken the bait.

Rand has 100x more videos online than Trey does. :XX

Rand needs to win. I kinda find it surreal that we are even thinking he could and all the support that proves that, cause we never see our candidates win do we?

Rand needs a few more mill, lets give it to him!