PDA

View Full Version : Paul's CPAC Win Rather Quiet On The Forum.

anaconda
02-23-2010, 05:29 AM
I am astonished to see all of the MSM coverage of the Ron Paul win and many of them seem to be somewhat considering him as a major player in the Republican Party now. This means that the rank and file may be starting to get some real exposure to RP. But I am not getting much sense of enthusiasm on the Forum. I think this has been a major boost for Ron Paul and Liberty. Frankly, I am curious as to why the media hasn't buried this story like all of the previous censoring of Ron Paul.

Any thoughts?

MN Patriot
02-23-2010, 06:00 AM
There have been quite a few threads about Ron's win at CPAC. Just from my observation there are more people on the forums that I have noticed before. The General Politics forum seems to always be above 100 now.

The Establishment may be in a quandary of what to do about this rising tide of libertarianism. They have attempted to co-opt the Tea Party movement. Watch, there will be other attempts to smear us and our ideas. The IRS kamikaze didn't give us positive publicity(but as the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity in that it may wake more people up), so they may use that to discredit the Liberty Movement.

lynnf
02-23-2010, 06:46 AM
I am astonished to see all of the MSM coverage of the Ron Paul win and many of them seem to be somewhat considering him as a major player in the Republican Party now. This means that the rank and file may be starting to get some real exposure to RP. But I am not getting much sense of enthusiasm on the Forum. I think this has been a major boost for Ron Paul and Liberty. Frankly, I am curious as to why the media hasn't buried this story like all of the previous censoring of Ron Paul.

Any thoughts?

it's a good thing for us, but there still seems to be an element of marginalization in the media about it. it shows up in the emphasizing of the booing or mentioning the crazy loon theory or whatever else.

plus, it's a little early. who wins next year will definitely be more telling.

and the media can still resort back to just ignoring him......

so maybe we're just a little skeptical.

lynn

fisharmor
02-23-2010, 07:27 AM
I see the quote from Ghandi periodically that goes "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, then you win."
We've just broken into the ridicule phase.
We have a lot more ridicule to go before the attacks even start.

I think it's great he gets daily TV coverage, I think it's great that he's winning straw polls, I think it's great his son will probably be a US Senator. But Goldwater was a Senator for what... 30 years? And look what all his efforts got us... Reagan. Turn-on-the-Fed's-faucet-and-get-busy-intervening-overseas Reagan.

Look, even if he won the presidency, even if he vetoed 99% of what crossed his desk, even if he completely defunded the IRS and did a bunch of other executive nullification, even if he got the Fed audit passed - we're still exactly one election away from having it all back overnight.

Sure, it's heartening, but until we see 215 more Kokesh's and 50 more Rands and 25 more Medinas running, let alone winning, we can't really rest on any laurels.

moostraks
02-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Look, even if he won the presidency, even if he vetoed 99% of what crossed his desk, even if he completely defunded the IRS and did a bunch of other executive nullification, even if he got the Fed audit passed - we're still exactly one election away from having it all back overnight.

I believe if he did this he'd be dead....

Sure, it's heartening, but until we see 215 more Kokesh's and 50 more Rands and 25 more Medinas running, let alone winning, we can't really rest on any laurels.

well said...

johngr
02-23-2010, 07:54 AM
There have been quite a few threads about Ron's win at CPAC. Just from my observation there are more people on the forums that I have noticed before. The General Politics forum seems to always be above 100 now.

The Establishment may be in a quandary of what to do about this rising tide of libertarianism. They have attempted to co-opt the Tea Party movement. Watch, there will be other attempts to smear us and our ideas. The IRS kamikaze didn't give us positive publicity(but as the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity in that it may wake more people up), so they may use that to discredit the Liberty Movement.

That might backfire on them among Republicans, anyway. They've been treating with kid gloves and would have to skate a fine line to make that work. I'm not which people hate worse, terrorists or the IRS (or am I being redundant). Whatever negative you can say about the guy, he picked the right target.

Bruno
02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
the thread on his win has over 16,000 views and 400+ posts

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232480&highlight=cpac

Bucjason
02-23-2010, 08:03 AM
That might backfire on them among Republicans, anyway. They've been treating with kid gloves and would have to skate a fine line to make that work. I'm not which people hate worse, terrorists or the IRS (or am I being redundant). Whatever negative you can say about the guy, he picked the right target.

not really...The right target would have been Capitol Hill :D

Travlyr
02-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Any thoughts?

Honey, honey, poison.

MelissaWV
02-23-2010, 08:11 AM
CPAC -> Search for Threads -> 833 results.

anaconda
02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
the thread on his win has over 16,000 views and 400+ posts

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232480&highlight=cpac

I stand corrected.:)