PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin attacks Glenn Beck, calls Ron Paul's ideas "lunacy"

FrankRep
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Mark's New Note: Feb 21, 2010 (http://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-levin/marks-new-note-feb-21-2010/322101900945)

Mark Levin Facebook
Feb 21, 2010

I was invited to be the opening speaker at Saturday's CPAC session. I had accepted but then, to my amazement, I learned that the John Birch Society would be one of many co-sponsors. This takes the big-tent idea many steps too far for me. So, I withdrew. Apparently, others were not so moved. That's fine. But it wasn't for me. Bill Buckley and Barry Goldwater, among others, chased the Birchers from the movement decades ago. And they're not a part of the movement. So, to give them a booth at CPAC was boneheaded.

I want to commend Bill Bennett for his wise piece this morning on the Corner. http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM5OTJkYWE1ZTA5OTI1NWJiMjYwNDI4ZDg0NmQ3MGQ=

I agree with him. I have no idea what philosophy Glenn Beck is promoting. And neither does he. It's incoherent. One day it's populist, the next it's libertarian bordering on anarchy, next it's conservative but not really, etc. And to what end? I believe he has announced that he is no longer going to endorse candidates because our problems are bigger than politics. Well, of course, our problems are not easily dissected into categories, but to reject politics is to reject the manner in which we try to organize ourselves. This is as old as Plato and Aristotle. Why would conservatives choose to surrender the political battlefield to our adversaries -- who are trashing this society --when we must retake it in order to preserve our society? Philosophy, politics, culture, family, etc., are all of one. Edmund Burke, among others, wrote about it extensively, and far better that I possibly can. But all elements of the civil society require our defense. Besides, why preach such a strategy when conservatism is on the rise and the GOP is acting more responsibly?

Moreover, when he does discuss politics, which, ironically, is often, how can he claim today that there is no difference between the two parties when, but for the Republicans in Congress, government-run health care, cap-and-trade, card check, and a long list of other disastrous policies would already be law? The GOP is becoming more conservative thanks to the grass-roots movement and a political uprising across the country, which has even reached into New Jersey and Massachusetts. Why keep pretending otherwise? My only conclusion is that he is promoting a third party or some third way, which is counter-productive to defeating Obama and the Democrat Congress. These are perilous times and this kind of an approach will keep the statists in power for decades.

And what of his flirtations with Ron Paul's lunacy respecting America's supposed provocations with her enemies, including al-Qaeda? Why should such a fatal defect in thinking be ignored? Do we conservatives agree with this?

Finally, Beck is fond of congratulating himself for being the only or the first host to criticize George Bush's spending. This is demonstrably false. I not only attacked his spending, but the creation of the Homeland Security Department, the prescription drug add-on for Medicare, his "moderate" tax cuts, as well as his nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, "comprehensive immigration reform," and so forth. And I was not alone -- Rush and Sean did the same, for example. And as someone who fought liberal Republicans in the trenches when campaigning for Reagan in 1976 and 1980, I don't need lectures from Beck, who was nowhere to be found, about big-spending Republicans. But this is not about me, or Beck, or Beck's past drunkenness (which he endlessly wears as some kind of badge of honor). It is about preserving our society for our children and grandchildren. Beck spent precious little time aiming fire at Obama-Pelosi-Reid in his speech, and it is they who are destroying our country.

On as a positive note, I am personally happy to see that Beck has cleaned up his public act -- as best I can tell, no more boiling fake frogs on TV or pretending to pour gasoline on someone -- and the rest of it. But I do think his speech, which contained nuggets of truth heard before and read elsewhere, including on Rush's show and in my book and many other books, may have distracted from some of the more compelling and coherent speeches at the event, including Marco Rubio's superb speech. I fear the media will see to this. I hope not.

SOURCE:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-levin/marks-new-note-feb-21-2010/322101900945

Jeros
02-23-2010, 12:57 AM
"I have no idea what philosophy Glenn Beck is promoting. And neither does he. It's incoherent. One day it's populist, the next it's libertarian bordering on anarchy, next it's conservative but not really, etc. And to what end?"

Levin is right about this one thing. Beck is one inconsistent bastard.

Agorism
02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes Beck is just a showman trying to get ratings. Most of what he does is random depending in what guest he has on that day or what mood he is in.

Taco John
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
levin. He's the angry fringe neocon who has yelling fits, right?

anaconda
02-23-2010, 04:31 AM

Not fringe. Full on neocon.

purplechoe
02-23-2010, 05:16 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/51471.html

Mark Levin Attacks Ron Paul (Again)
Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 22, 2010 06:58 PM

Writes Lance Adams:

I just heard Mark Levin’s monologue on his radio show. I tuned into the middle of a tirade against Ron Paul. Levin essentially said what we all know: the war on terror is the only principle he holds dear. He called Ron Paul a liar (saying that he supports third parties and third party ideas, but then avows to being a life long Republican) as well as one of the “most irresponsible politicians” he’s ever heard of. Anyway, I had a good laugh out of it. I hope Levin’s radio show declines in popularity—his voice is so annoying I’m surprised anyone listens to him.

moostraks
02-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Not fringe. Full on neocon.

Is he the one that had a meltdown because his dog died?

angelatc
02-23-2010, 07:45 AM
his voice is so annoying I’m surprised anyone listens to him.

This! How anybody can bear to stay tuned to him long enough to even form an opinion on what he says is beyond me.

Bucjason
02-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Levin's hate of Ron Paul stems solely from the Iraq war and foriegn policy...

Pretty stupid considering they would probably agree an almost everything else. He sould not be trying to destroy an discredit an 80% ally. Neocons are stubborn .

fisharmor
02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
This takes the big-tent idea many steps too far for me.

That's funny, considering that if we could choose whom to kick out of the tent, you'd be the first to go, Mark.

Bruno
02-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Sounds like Levin should put his life on the line and go fight in Iraq or Afghanistan to fight for what he so strongly believes in. Or he can just wait for the war with Iran.

Ethek
02-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Levin's constant anger is a front for his anxiety. Its the same anxiety that makes the Neocon concept of preemtive war so soothing for him personally. He cant stand being insecure. The man needs to be coddled or something.

wgadget
02-23-2010, 09:14 AM
I love it.

Beck has lost a lot of viewers/listeners with his treatment of Debra Medina from the Ron Paul wing, and now his cohorts are helping Beck to lose viewers/listeners from among the neocons.

HEH.

CharlesTX
02-23-2010, 09:27 AM
This is how I feel about neocons like Mark Levin.

Taken last week in Mexico City where the Father of Neocons was assasinated. :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/MFaust/Miscellaneous/Trotsky-Resized.jpg

charrob
02-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Tom Marr, WCBM.com talking head, 10:30am 2/23/2010 stated the following:

"mark levin did not speak at cpac and did not go to cpac for a reason: the john birch society funded the conference. and, let's face it, anytime ron paul is the standard bearer at cpac, something ain't right !"

RideTheDirt
02-23-2010, 09:45 AM
This is how I feel about neocons like Mark Levin.

Taken last week in Mexico City where the Father of Neocons was assasinated. :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/MFaust/Miscellaneous/Trotsky-Resized.jpg
awesome

wgadget
02-23-2010, 09:45 AM

"mark levin did not speak at cpac and did not go to cpac for a reason: the john birch society funded the conference. and, let's face it, anytime ron paul is the standard bearer at cpac, something ain't right !"

Guess them NEOCONS need to go and form a THIRD PARTY...Hehe.

FrankRep
02-23-2010, 09:46 AM

Did the John Birch Society scare away the Neocons???

:D:D:D

Proud to be a Bircher!

cajuncocoa
02-23-2010, 10:06 AM

Yep.

wgadget
02-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Michael Medved=Mark Levin=AIPAC shills.

xd9fan
02-23-2010, 11:12 AM
If Levin is the GOP.......I will continue to stay out (left during Katrina 2005)

dont think I'm alone because since that time the GOP has had their a$$ handed to them........

johngr
02-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Pretty stupid considering they would probably agree an almost everything else. He sould not be trying to destroy an discredit an 80% ally. Neocons are stubborn .

Levin's love of his homeland (at the expense of everyone else's) trumps everything else.

jkr
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
wanting peace= lunacy, got it. thanks "mark"...

by the way, have you ever heard the phrase " Blessed be the peace-makers..."?

Brian4Liberty
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah, that seems to be the most important for him. Did Levin support Scott Brown in Mass?

reardenstone
02-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Unrelated but we need some help defending Ron Paul on the NYT blog comments about the CPAC poll. Old newsletter shite again.

There needs to be a permanent statement somewhere on one of the RP sites. A page that dispels all those claims and a page that gets the most relevant search hits.

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/20/ron-paul-wins-cpac-straw-poll/?sort=oldest&offset=3