PDA

View Full Version : Letter of the day: Ron Paul is the perfect conservative candidate

ctiger2
02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.startribune.com/opinion/85000102.html

Many Republicans and conservatives seem surprised that Rep. Ron Paul overwhelmingly won the Conservative Political Action Conference presidential straw poll. Why? What is hard to believe about freedom? About getting out of endless, unconstitutional, undeclared wars, about removing ourselves from 140 countries we have military bases in? About minding our own business? About ending the private Federal Reserve banking cartel and returning our currency and money policy back to Congress as the Constitution requires and where we can do something about those who attempt to cheat and steal from us? What's wrong with demanding fiscal responsibility and self-reliance of ourselves? What is wrong with a small government that leaves all of us alone, doesn't tell us how to live and what we can and cannot teach our children? What's wrong with living with a government that doesn't tax us to death and even after death? The fact is, freedom is popular! Living your life as you choose as long as it doesn't interfere with others is what America is supposed to be all about. So why the surprise that Ron Paul would win a conservative straw poll when he stands for all of these things as a true conservative would?

Michael Landon
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice. He makes some very good points that I'm sure we all agree with.

- ML

dannno
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Swwweeeeeeett

Bruno
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Great letter!

michaelwise
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
The GOP is now the party of Dr. NO!

ctiger2
02-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I was surprised to see this in the local paper. I agree.

cpike
02-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah it is suprising to see this in the Red Star Tribune. They did have a longer piece on his cpac win, unlike the Pioneer Press.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Many Republicans and conservatives seem surprised that Rep. Ron Paul overwhelmingly won the Conservative Political Action Conference presidential straw poll. Why? What is hard to believe about freedom? About getting out of endless, unconstitutional, undeclared wars, about removing ourselves from 140 countries we have military bases in? About minding our own business? About ending the private Federal Reserve banking cartel and returning our currency and money policy back to Congress as the Constitution requires and where we can do something about those who attempt to cheat and steal from us? What's wrong with demanding fiscal responsibility and self-reliance of ourselves? What is wrong with a small government that leaves all of us alone, doesn't tell us how to live and what we can and cannot teach our children? What's wrong with living with a government that doesn't tax us to death and even after death? The fact is, freedom is popular! Living your life as you choose as long as it doesn't interfere with others is what America is supposed to be all about. So why the surprise that Ron Paul would win a conservative straw poll when he stands for all of these things as a true conservative would?

http://www.ronpaul.com/wp-content/gallery/ron-paul-2008/ron-paul-2008-thumbs-up.jpg

__27__
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Huzzah for Minnesota! Believe it or not, Minnesotans (outside of liberal Minneapolis/St. Paul) are actually very libertarian. Very fiscally conservative, but generally socially liberal. I spent a lot of time with RP '08 in Minnesota and there was a TON of positive enthusiasm from across the state.

If we can TRULY get the message out, and somehow break the 2 party media spell on people, I think a LOT of DFL votes would roll in for Dr. Paul from Minnesota, and I can almost guarantee the same for many other 'liberal' northern states. These fiscal conservative/socially liberal/civil libertarians have been voting DFL up here for a long time because the religious right and neo-cons pushed them away from the party.

TC95
02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Digg it.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_is_the_perfect_conservative_candidate