PDA

View Full Version : MSN/Slate: Federal government killed 10,000 Americans by poisoning their booze!

sofia
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
oh those silly, paranoid conspiracy theories....

yet, when the "mainstream media" acknowledges a conspiracy theory, it suddenly becomes acceptable.

"Frustrated that people continued to consume so much alcohol even after it was banned, federal officials had decided to try a different kind of enforcement. They ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols manufactured in the United States, products regularly stolen by bootleggers and resold as drinkable spirits. The idea was to scare people into giving up illicit drinking. Instead, by the time Prohibition ended in 1933, the federal poisoning program, by some estimates, had killed at least 10,000 people."

http://www.slate.com/id/2245188/?GT1=38001

Epic
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Shocked. Absolutely shocked. That they only killed tens of thousands.

Usually they kill more.

Ethek
02-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Ah, the unintended consequences of government working outside of the Constitution. Yes I am aware of the 18th amendment but the Constitution is basically a framework of rules that protects the intent of the Declaration of Independence. The 18th ignored the basic underlying principle.

Huckabee supporters take note body counts could go much higher.

Indy Vidual
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Nasty booze, provided by a rotten system.

RJB
02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I read a few years back that 7 million Americans starved to death in the Great Depression. Life was cheap back then.

Also the government doesn't like to release exact #s of people they killed.

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 07:37 PM
And yet.....people who think elements of the government may have been involved in only 3,000 on 9/11 are horrible and unfit to be part of the public discourse. :rolleyes: Also we are supposed to believe that the government couldn't "cover something this big up". How many people have never heard about the prohibition poisoning program?

MN Patriot
02-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Drat! I just posted this same topic.

Government is compassion and caring, if you listen to the liberals.

Reason
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
ffs

Inflation
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I read a few years back that 7 million Americans starved to death in the Great Depression. Life was cheap back then.

Also the government doesn't like to release exact #s of people they killed.

I looked that up. The only article I found was from Russia Today, written by a guy that thinks the Red Army, upon entering Berlin, "fed the peaceful citizens who survived.":rolleyes:

http://rt.com/prime-time/2008-10-15/Where_did_Americas_missing_millions_go_Holodomor_L essons_.html

Do you have a better cite for that 7mil figure?

FrankRep
03-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Alcohol Poisoning was an inside job!

Wait, the government would never kill their own people.

sofia
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Alcohol Poisoning was an inside job!

Wait, the government would never kill their own people.

1898: The USS Maine
1916: The Lusitania
1941: Advance notice of Pearl Harbor witheld from cvommanders in Hawaii
1966: Tonkin Gulf non-attack
1968: Israel attacks USS Liberty
1991: Iraqis throwing babies out of incubators
2001: 9/11 attacks

jmdrake
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I looked that up. The only article I found was from Russia Today, written by a guy that thinks the Red Army, upon entering Berlin, "fed the peaceful citizens who survived.":rolleyes:

http://rt.com/prime-time/2008-10-15/Where_did_Americas_missing_millions_go_Holodomor_L essons_.html

Do you have a better cite for that 7mil figure?

Yeah. I'm suspicious of the "7 million" figure too. By some estimates life expectancy rose during the great depression (http://www.physorg.com/news173371667.html).

Also I'm not sure how you spin this to "government action". Some will look at the figures and blame government "inaction" for the deaths. (Millions died because we didn't have a welfare state yet). Talking to my own relatives who survived the depression, most of them did fine because they had some land to grow food along with some chickens, cows, pigs etc. My dad's family were sharecroppers. (About the bottom of the economic rung back then.) He said they never went hungry.