PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Gary Johnson @ CPAC

haaaylee
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
YouTube - Governor Gary Johnson Speaks at CPAC 2010 - Part I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwmuMyjWg2U)

YouTube - Governor Gary Johnson Speaks at CPAC 2010 - Part II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWVo3aLKWY)

YouTube - Governor Gary Johnson Speaks at CPAC 2010 - Part III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeCRAYygCeU)

dr. hfn
02-22-2010, 07:06 PM
oh no lol

low preference guy
02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
what was the answer to the Alex Jones/Lincoln question?

malkusm
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Ok, for those watching - he answered the Lincoln question poorly. Basically, he was caught way off guard by the question and mumbled through an answer that ended with "I guess I would consider myself a Lincoln fan."

After everything was over, my friend and I approached him, and I had my copy of DiLorenzo's "The Real Lincoln" on hand. My friend asked him if he knew why the person asked a question about Lincoln, to which he looked confused and said, "No, I have no idea." I then proceeded to inform him that many in the C4L/Ron Paul camp were very anti-Lincoln, and went over his mishandling of the slavery issue, his trampling of states' rights, imprisonment of newspaper editors, deportation of Valladingham, and so on (in about 30 seconds). He thanked me that said that he would read up on the issue, and told us that he really appreciated the info.

So, in other words - was his answer bad? Yes. Is he willing to learn? Yes. They don't teach those things about Lincoln in schools, and I can hardly blame him for being misinformed....and it's not exactly an issue that will come up should he run for president in 2012.

haaaylee
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Fair enough on the Lincoln question, i'm still wanting to see video of the two Toms speaking and getting backlash for being anti-Lincoln.

What about the Alex Jones part? And were there any other questions for Gary?

malkusm
02-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Fair enough on the Lincoln question, i'm still wanting to see video of the two Toms speaking and getting backlash for being anti-Lincoln.

What about the Alex Jones part? And were there any other questions for Gary?

Gary said that he didn't know who Alex Jones was, which was a funny moment. :D

There were other questions - the one that comes to mind was a question regarding illegal immigration, but I don't remember how he answered. However, I spoke to him on the issue more in depth at the party he attended with us later in the night, and he explained that he believes that immigrants who come into this country are a net gain, rather than a net loss, to the country as a whole, but also that the welfare/entitlement state needs to be eliminated to alleviate the rightly-held anger that a lot of taxpayers have in subsidizing services for such immigrants.

Flash
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Umm where does he say anything about Lincoln? At the end of video 3 we get the question but not the answer.

And Race42012 is an anti-Ron Paul website that frequently accuses us of being anti-semites. Just in case anyone was wondering.