PDA

View Full Version : How many really care about the Real ID, NAU, etc?

jrich4rpaul
10-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I know we all do, but honestly, are Ron Paul's views on these issues really going to make a difference come election day? The main issues the average American votes on are war, healthcare, and taxes. Most people don't even know what the Real ID/North American Union are, and us trying to explain them might further ad to the tin foil hat status.

Maybe we need to put more emphasis/detail on the subjects that the majority of America votes on? I rarely see any mention of health care on Ron Paul flyers.

steph3n
10-07-2007, 01:05 PM
yes war, taxes and health need to be the top ALONG with repealing the patriot act. I care about the others highly, but most of the country doesn't and it should not be a talking point unless asked

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 01:08 PM
What, no poll for this one?

Anybody else here get the yellow letter from Ron Paul? I guess all donors got it. An interesting read on NAU, etc.

paulitics
Yes immigration is the biggest issue in AMERICA. If someone is familiar with the problem, mention NAU, if not just go over Paul's positions on amnesty and ending welfare for illegals. The NAU is mainstream. Lour Dobbs, Glen Beck, ROn Paul, christian values debate.

itsnobody
Yes, they will definitely make a difference, especially the Real ID

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Most people don't fully realize that the threat of a NAU is a real deal. When they do, they're going to go ballistic. That is unless they are lulled to sleep in thinking it is the only way of averting some huge crisis.

For what it is worth, when a variety of authors have posted articles on Townhall that stress how stupid anyone is who believes we are heading towards a NAU, they get lambasted!! This did not used to be the case just a few short months ago. But now, WOW, it seems like nearly everyone jumps on them. This is nothing but good news for us.

For me, I'm going to stay away from the topic of the NAU when campaigning for Dr. Paul. That is, unless they bring it up. If we're going to push this ourselves, we badly need to come up with something succinct that makes the case. Few are going to be willing to go searching all over the internet, reading tons of FOIA documents, etc., as we do. ;) And we are not exactly at a loss for other things to talk about.

MikeStanart
10-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I know we all do, but honestly, are Ron Paul's views on these issues really going to make a difference come election day? The main issues the average American votes on are war, healthcare, and taxes. Most people don't even know what the Real ID/North American Union are, and us trying to explain them might further ad to the tin foil hat status.

Maybe we need to put more emphasis/detail on the subjects that the majority of America votes on? I rarely see any mention of health care on Ron Paul flyers.

Speaking out against the Real ID / North American Union are some of the biggest ways to recruit the Core Republican Base.

These are REAL issues that they care about. We can't ignore them.

constituent
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
vital.

d_goddard
10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
New Hampshire passed a bill this year that totally rejects the Real-ID -- we will not participate. The Feds can stuff it.

Legislation has already been submitted for next year's session to opt out of the NAU.

Alabama Supporter
10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
I think the FED could be de-emphasized, but immigration/NAU is Ron Paul's winning position as soon as Tancredo is out. The rest of the candidates are open border fools like Bush.

thuja
10-12-2007, 06:41 AM
i would not even vote if it were not for those tin foil hat things, the rest of it is the same every time, complete with lies and promises. those issues are what got my interest, and certainly seem to interest most others i run into.
as for health insurance, i have none, other than my right to use food supplements and drink water from my well on my land, and eat organic vegs. i think i want President Ron Paul to represent me and all of America.

tfelice
10-12-2007, 06:46 AM
IMHO the positions he needs to drive home over and over are the war, the dollar, taxes, health care and immigration. And Paul needs to start shaping himself in interviews and debates as not merely the anti-war Republican, but as a sharp contrast to all candidates on these five major issues.

For example, "My opponents say they are for lower taxes, BUT I want to restructure the entire tax system so that we can eliminate the personal income tax." and "My opponenents say they want to improve the economy & jobs, BUT I want to give our country a sound dollar so we truly have a strong economy"