PDA

View Full Version : Grayson's First TV Ad

RyanRSheets
02-22-2010, 04:03 PM
YouTube - Trey Grayson for U.S. Senate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdGjtAvNWs&sns=em)

MRoCkEd
02-22-2010, 04:05 PM
You expect me to believe that Trey is good on coal, considering his environmentalist ties?

http://treygrayson.info/2008/01/treys-environmentalist-ties/

Bergie Bergeron
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
The campaign needs to let voters know that.

John Taylor
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
You expect me to believe that Trey is good on coal, considering his environmentalist ties?

http://treygrayson.info/2008/01/treys-environmentalist-ties/

I think the campaign should put together a little add with Van Jones giving a lecture at the Aspen Institute, then with Trey there, and then with a scary voice describing Trey's affiliations with them and their global warming stance... then have Rand on a mountaintop with some coal miners, supporting coal.

winston_blade
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Wow, so he went after him on that issue? Could have been way worse.

TCE
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
We need to find a way to release the fact that Grayson spoke at that pro-Green Energy (a.k.a. anti-coal) event at EKU two years ago AS THE KEYNOTE SPEAKER! However, we must do it in a way that allows Rand's hands to stay clean. Rand needs to focus on the positive and stay away from any of the attack ads. Grayson will be seen as the negative candidate. Any ideas?

TCE
02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I think the campaign should

The campaign shouldn't be doing anything. We need PACs or a random group to do it for him. Getting into a mudslinging match with Grayson is a death sentence. That is how McConnell wins, he doesn't play straight, he wins in the mudslinging matches. Check out his past ads.

John Taylor
02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
The campaign shouldn't be doing anything. We need PACs or a random group to do it for him. Getting into a mudslinging match with Grayson is a death sentence. That is how McConnell wins, he doesn't play straight, he wins in the mudslinging matches. Check out his past ads.

I see what you are saying, and I think you are right. This does not mean we still cannot bury Trey in a blizzard of our own adds however, saturating the market, radio, mailers, tv... door to door, get out there ahead of the attacks, and campaign as if every last vote is critical... because it is.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
For the love of God, please run a 100% positive campaign on the airwaves Rand Paul campaign. You're not going to win a mud-slinging contest with McConnell's boy, take the high-ground.

TCE
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I see what you are saying, and I think you are right. This does not mean we still cannot bury Trey in a blizzard of our own adds however, saturating the market, radio, mailers, tv... door to door, get out there ahead of the attacks, and campaign as if every last vote is critical... because it is.

That is the way to do it, but the official campaign must keep their hands off. I shudder to think what David Adams' reaction to this will be. Remember: If it gets into mudslinging between Rand and Grayson/McConnell, McConnell wins, period.

John Taylor
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
For the love of God, please run a 100% positive campaign on the airwaves Rand Paul campaign. You're not going to win a mud-slinging contest with McConnell's boy, take the high-ground.

SO how should we should expose Trey's true colors to the voters?

TCE
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
SO how should we should expose Trey's true colors to the voters?

He's talking about the Official campaign.

amisspelledword
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
thats the best grayson can do?

coal is the holy of holies... but what rand said isnt really that bad. i feel like rand would do anything to protect coal aside from trying to get it some subsidy money haha

John Taylor
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM

coal is the holy of holies... but what rand said isnt really that bad. i feel like rand would do anything to protect coal aside from trying to get it some subsidy money haha

He just needs to run an add stating exactly what he stated before, then going on to state why until we can build nuclear power plants, we should use the resources at our disposal, and how, if we protect private property rights, coal companies will be able to feely extract, and benefit all of Kentuckians.

Do that, without ever responding to Trey's smear.

steined
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
YouTube - Rand Paul on Kentucky Coal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV-U1C9qXiw)

TCE
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM

This is how the McConnell machine works. Mitch has been doing this for three decades now:

1. Incite the Opponent with a bit of a jab.
2. Opponent responds by issuing a fierce attack ad.
3. Attack Opponent with the REAL ad.
4. Opponent is now screwed, because they are now in a mudslinging competition with Mitch McConnell.

Bluegrass Bulletin discussed this before. They expected Grayson would release such an ad and Rand would walk right into the ambush. I pray he realizes what Grayson is doing.

DaisyFL
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
he just needs to run an add stating exactly what he stated before, then going on to state why until we can build nuclear power plants, we should use the resources at our disposal, and how, if we protect private property rights, coal companies will be able to feely extract, and benefit all of kentuckians.

Do that, without ever responding to trey's smear.

+1776

Does anyone around here have a PAC or corporation that can be used to run ads?

BamaFanNKy
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Good ad since it's an issue that matters and a bigger issue than abortion in this race.

Maximus
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't really know how this ad would rile people up. I'd think that even coal miners would know that coal isn't exactly a clean source of energy.

What a joke. I would agree that this ad is a trap.

amisspelledword
02-22-2010, 05:59 PM
i just hope rand doesnt say eky wont miss any hills because we've got enough of them

thats a dumb comment and it offends the mountain people like myself. generally speaking we feel a deep connection to the mountains. to say we wont miss them or would rather have flat land is a big msitake. i hate flat land and "big sky." Rand should re-word his statements by appealing to individual property rights and comparing the rights of the coal company to do what they want to their land just like residential property owners can do what they want to their land whether its build a house or plant a garden. . . then go on to say how the courts are the proper place for lawsuits when the coal company trespasses or damages someone else's land or water sources. that sort of approach is much more friendly and understanding of the way at least one hillbilly (me) thinks would work better. for example, i know coal companies are important and i know they provide jobs to most of my friends and family, but i also know what they do to the water supply and i know that when they do their blasting they crack the foundation of my house and destroy my in-ground swimming pool. i know the coal company makes my surroundings look awful by using mt top removal. however, i also know i'd put up a big fight before i let someone come onto my own land and try to tell me what i could or couldnt do. there's an useful analogy to be drawn

BamaFanNKy
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
i just hope rand doesnt say eky wont miss any hills because we've got enough of them

thats a dumb comment and it offends the mountain people like myself. generally speaking we feel a deep connection to the mountains. to say we wont miss them or would rather have flat land is a big msitake. i hate flat land and "big sky." Rand should re-word his statements by appealing to individual property rights and comparing the rights of the coal company to do what they want to their land just like residential property owners can do what they want to their land whether its build a house or plant a garden. . . then go on to say how the courts are the proper place for lawsuits when the coal company trespasses or damages someone else's land or water sources. that sort of approach is much more friendly and understanding of the way at least one hillbilly (me) thinks would work better. for example, i know coal companies are important and i know they provide jobs to most of my friends and family, but i also know what they do to the water supply and i know that when they do their blasting they crack the foundation of my house and destroy my in-ground swimming pool. i know the coal company makes my surroundings look awful by using mt top removal. however, i also know i'd put up a big fight before i let someone come onto my own land and try to tell me what i could or couldnt do. there's an useful analogy to be drawn

Watch the Wendy Macy video.

Dreamofunity
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
What a douche bag.

libertybrewcity
02-23-2010, 02:05 AM
lol, coal is the most unfavorable form of energy. Pollution from coal plants moves north and kills forests in Canada. I would much rather see renewable energy sources and nuclear energy plants. Conservatives don't have to be anti-renewable energy.

Ethek
02-23-2010, 06:38 AM
lol, coal is the most unfavorable form of energy. Pollution from coal plants moves north and kills forests in Canada. I would much rather see renewable energy sources and nuclear energy plants. Conservatives don't have to be anti-renewable energy.

Kentucky has the lowest energy rates in the country 6-7c per kwh, becuase of coal. Coal a livelyhood for large swaths of the state. Coal is the easiest form of energy for Kentuckians.

While its important to be responsible in using coal you cannot be anti coal or pro any other form of energy and run in a republican primary in the state..

jmdrake
02-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Does anyone have the rest of the YouTube that Greyson cut and spliced? It must have been sometime in 2008 (based on the Ron Paul signs in the background). The most important thing is the context. Content without context is pretext.

jmdrake
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Someone sent me the link to the actual speech by Rand. Trey Grayson left out the party were Rand said that coal was dirtier than nuclear power (it is) and that he (Rand) felt there should be less regulation of the nuclear industry. Grayson twisted that to be a "war on coal". As Rand's response ad points out, Grayson also favors nuclear power. Further in this same speech Rand rejected the Obama approach of government subsidies for nuclear power. Rand also endorsed more drilling in Alaska. Bottom line of Rand's message on energy? The federal government shouldn't be picking winners and losers in the energy sector through knee jerk reactions to perceived environmental problems. That's an important message now that coal is on the EPA hit list.