View Full Version : Only the Mentally Ill Resist Confiscatory Taxation

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Only the Mentally Ill Resist Confiscatory Taxation

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
February 22, 2010

http://www.infowars.com/only-the-mentally-ill-resist-confiscatory-taxation/

Arden Dale, writing for The Wall Street Journal today, claims there is nothing wrong with the government taxing personal income. He cites Oliver Wendell Holmes, who said: “Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.”

Mr. Holmes did not explain how stealing money from people at gunpoint makes society more civilized. In fact, income taxes taken from the productive by the government through threat and intimidation are not used for civilized endeavors that benefit society at large. Virtually all of the money is used to service an astronomical debt owed to banksters.

All individual income tax revenues “are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their government,” the Congressional Research Service reported in 1984. In order to provide “services,” the government turns to the international loan sharks.

Every year since 1969, Congress has spent more money than it has taken in. The Treasury Department has to borrow money to meet Congress’s appropriations. In Fiscal Year 2009 (FY09), the Treasury Department spent $383 billion on interest payments to the holders of the national debt.

In addition to creating fantastic profits for foreign central banksters, the national debt is an ideal control mechanism. “What soon became clear to US Treasury and Federal Reserve circles after 1971, was that they could exert more global influence via debt, US Treasury debt, than they ever did by running trade surpluses,” writes F. William Engdahl.

Increasing resistance to this scam directly threatens the banking elite and that is why — in the wake of Joe Stack’s alleged attack on the IRS — the corporate media hypes the supposed threat posed by anti-tax activists.

“Andrew Joseph Stack, who made the news Thursday when he crashed a small plane into Internal Revenue Service offices in Austin, Texas, is only the latest in a long line who have acted badly while in the grips of tax dysphoria,” writes Dale.

Is opposition to tax theft a form of mental illness? Dale seems to think so. Dysphoria is a feature of many psychiatric disorders, including anxiety disorders and mood disorders.

People usually get upset and angry when they are robbed. It is a normal reaction. Apparently millions of Americans are suffering from mental illness.

“With the recent tragedy involving Andrew Joseph Stack flying a plane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas, officials are reporting that there has been a rise of IRS employees being threatened in recent years,” reports Fox News.

“In the past four years, there appears to have been a ’steady, upward trend’ in the number of threats against IRS employees, said an official with the Treasury Department’s Inspector General for Tax Administration. That assessment, offered in response to an inquiry from Dow Jones Newswires, is based on preliminary data, the official cautioned,” The Wall Street Journal adds.

Forget cyber attacks, the real threat on the internet is anti-government and anti-tax sentiment. “Jonathan Siegel, a law professor at George Washington University, said that the popularity of the tax-protester or tax-denier movement has been aided in the past 20 years by the growth of the Internet.”

Tax denial, sort of like global warming denial and Holocaust denial. It is a thought crime.

Obama and the Democrats like to sell the myth that the answer to the deficit and the debt crisis is an increase of taxes on the rich. In fact, as the billionaire Leona Helmsley quipped, taxes are for the little people.

The above cited Congressional Research Service report made this painfully obvious. “Importantly, any meaningful increases in taxes from personal income would have to come from lower and middle income families, as 90% of all personal taxable income is generated below the taxable income level of $35,000.”

“If the Government took 100% of all taxable income beyond the $75,000 tax bracket not already taxed [excluding Helmsley's billionaires, of course], it would get only $17 billion, and this confiscation, which would destroy productive enterprise, would only be sufficient to run the Government for several days.”

Joe Biden said it is patriotic to pay taxes, but as a further example of how confiscatory taxation is reserved for the little people consider the fact that Timothy Geithner, Bill Richardson, Nancy Killefer, and Tom Daschle — appointed Obama officials or those passed over — did not pay taxes. I guess Joe Biden would consider this anointed class unpatriotic.

As the economy continues its slow crash and burn descent, we can expect more people to resist confiscatory taxation, especially as the government proposes to increase taxes as a solution to economic failure.

In response to widespread and growing resistance, the government and the corporate media will hype the supposed threat of tax “denial” and propose draconian methods to stem the tide. Characterizing tax resistance as a form of mental illness is only one aspect of the propaganda war.

Finally, Joe Stack’s daughter, Samantha Bell, told Good Morning America today Stack is a hero “because now maybe people will listen.”

“His last actions, the suicide, the catastrophe that caused injuries and death, that was wrong,” she added.

People are now listening and many of understand that confiscatory taxation is criminal behavior on the part of an international banking cartel and is not, as Oliver Wendell Holmes said, the price we pay for a civilized society.

It is too bad violence is required to make more people aware of a fact that has been obvious since 1913 when Congress passed the 16th Amendment to the Constitution at the behest of the bankers, the same year the Federal Reserve system was established.

Danke
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I guess I'm "mentally ill."

MN Patriot
02-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Lets get some Liberty candidates to propose outlawing tax withholding from worker's paychecks. Have everyone write a monthly check to the Federal government, state government, Social Security, Medicare, etc. That might open a few eyes and create a national hysteria about taxes.

sevin
02-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Lets get some Liberty candidates to propose outlawing tax withholding from worker's paychecks. Have everyone write a monthly check to the Federal government, state government, Social Security, Medicare, etc. That might open a few eyes and create a national hysteria about taxes.

Great idea!

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM

I've been saying this for years now.

Make every person cut a monthly check to Uncle Sucker and you're right, there would be an uprising and widespread noncompliance overnight.

MN Patriot
02-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I've been saying this for years now.

Make every person cut a monthly check to Uncle Sucker and you're right, there would be an uprising and widespread noncompliance overnight.

This idea dawned on me a few years ago, but hadn't thought about using it for a political campaign until 6 months ago.

We need to keep mentioning it, sooner or later this idea will take root and REALLY create a stir. Much more so than crashing an airplane into the IRS building. This is the statist's Achilles Heel, the amount of money they rob from us every payday before we even get the money.

I've suggested it to my state legislature candidates, most are in agreement with the idea. It is so new, I doubt that anyone will use it, unless they are unusually courageous.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
This idea dawned on me a few years ago, but hadn't thought about using it for a political campaign until 6 months ago.

We need to keep mentioning it, sooner or later this idea will take root and REALLY create a stir. Much more so than crashing an airplane into the IRS building. This is the statist's Achilles Heel, the amount of money they rob from us every payday before we even get the money.

I've suggested it to my state legislature candidates, most are in agreement with the idea. It is so new, I doubt that anyone will use it, unless they are unusually courageous.

To be fair, I think I first caught wind of the idea, and the history of incoming withholding, from Alan Keyes, 20 years ago now.

Neat quote from a STATO article on income withholding history:

Fear of taxpayer resistance was prevalent. One witness (U.S. House Hearings 1943: 391) warned that, without withholding, ``taxpayers will simply throw up their hands and in a defiant tone say, `Try and collect'.''

That fear surfaced again in an exchange (U.S. Senate Subcomm. Hearings, August 19, 1942: 61) regarding withholding between Senator Bennett Champ Clark (D., Missouri) and Treasury's Randolph Paul:

Senator Clark: Psychology almost certainly ought to be considered in the tax year. Some British Chancellor of the Exchequer once said: `Taxation consists of getting the greatest amount of money with the least amount of squawks.'

Mr. Paul: Do you think if we cut down the squawking under this method we could raise the individual tax rates?

Senator Clark: That is what I am trying to find out: How we can raise the greatest amount of money with the least amount of hardship on the taxpayer.

As transaction-cost-augmentation theory suggests, ``squawking''--vocal resistance to taxation--was viewed as manipulable, controllable by officeholders' deliberate decisions to change institutional mechanisms of government.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cj14n3-1.html

This issue should be the new "End The Fed".