PDA

View Full Version : PPP: Medina leads with people who don't think she's a "truther"

Epic
02-22-2010, 03:25 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/texas-poll-preview.html

Debra Medina actually leads the race with people who think she's not a truther- with 33% to 32% for Kay Bailey Hutchison and 29% for Rick Perry. But with voters who think she is a truther, or that she might be, she gets only 7% to 51% for Perry and 30% for Hutchison. What portion of the electorate do each of those groups comprise? We'll tell you tomorrow.

If 20% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 33
Hutchison: 32
Medina: 28

If 30% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 36
Hutchison: 31
Medina: 25

If 40% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 38
Medina: 23

If 50% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 40
Medina: 20

I think we will see Medina in the low 20s in this poll.

MatM
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Two things, one I'm not sure how people who aren't sure are treated, whether they are included in the latter or not. The second point is that if she can convince people she isn't a truther, overtaking KBH isn't impossible.

Kludge
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Fuck. So you´re telling me PPP asked every single Texan they polled whether or not they think Medina is a Truther?

Glenn Beck´s an asshole, btw... Just wanted to post that.

Bern
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Pretty obvious indication that the trutheriness is political cancer.

Galileo Galilei
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
This is a weird poll. For one thing, "Truther" is a negative word invented by opponents of the 9/11 Truth Movement. "Truther" is not an actual word.

So people who really are "Truthers" may say they don't believe Medina is a Truther. What's left are people who don't like Truthers.

And is "Thruther" defined in the poll? If you want to know the truth about 9/11, are you a "truther"?

Here would be another way to do the poll:

1) Do you think Medina is an asshole?

2) Who would you vote for?

3) 7% of those who think Medina is an asshole voted for Medina, while 33% of those who thinks she isn't an asshole for for Medina.

TonySutton
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I am really interested in the order they asked the questions. It will tell us how credible the results are.

rprprs
02-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I just hope that most here fully understand the fundamental importance this race holds for the liberty & constitutional movement. Its importance cannot be overstated. Irrespective of the poll's results, I will continue to support this awesome candidate so that she can make the best showing possible in the final results. Every single vote and very single dollar invested toward this end is a strike for freedom. Do not give up this fight!

TXcarlosTX
02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
we can still win this!!!!

lupester
02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Seriously, out of the people they are polling ...only a small percentage know about the Beck deal. Most don't....but I hate to keep bringing this up, they are only polling hard core republicans that vote in the primaries. We are picking up suburb middle class republicans, average people who don't watch FOX all day. I just wore my Medina shirt to church yeasterday and one older lady came up and said she saw Debra on Fox again and planned to vote for her.

Galileo Galilei
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
"If you think Medina is a tea-bagger, would you vote for....?"

silverhandorder
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Hope for the best mates!

JamesButabi
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow for such a crappy way of doing a poll, those are actually positive results. Kepp up the hard work.

someperson
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Fuck. So you´re telling me PPP asked every single Texan they polled whether or not they think Medina is a Truther?
This must be noted. Surveys and polls aren't only useful for gathering responses; they can be used to influence and manipulate. One, they frame the debate by providing both the questions and the answers. Two, by wording the questions or the answers in a certain way, allegations can be made indirectly and opinions can be swayed.

sofia
02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
all i can say is that Beck fucked her over really good.

her answer sucked, and she should have expected the ambush.....but he is a piece of shit bigtime.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
none of this shit matters. get as many votes for Medina as you can! We've only got 7 days!

low preference guy
02-22-2010, 06:42 PM

her answer sucked, and she should have expected the ambush.....but he is a piece of shit bigtime.

sofia, how should have medina answered, in your opinion?

tpreitzel
02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Personally, I hope 100% believe Medina is a "truther" although she's repeatedly stated that she not a "truther". Sigh, I guess she's a liar then because the search for truth applies in EACH and EVERY context including 9/11. ;) I've already outed the nonsense of the "truther" label and we'll see how much impact if any the "truther" label actually has in this election when the RESULTS are finally tallied. Medina made absolutely NO mistake with her response to Beck's leading question. The electorate will make a mistake by uncritically purchasing Beck's lie that the search for truth is somehow negative when applied to 9/11 if they fail to elect Medina as governor. For precisely this latter reason, I want 100% of the electorate in Texas to believe that Medina is a "truther" because the search for truth is ALWAYS noble and right. Otherwise, you're a LIAR and we already have plenty of liars in positions of power who shun any controversy. ;) So, what's the score Debra, are you a "truther" or a liar? ;)

MRoCkEd
02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
sofia, how should have medina answered, in your opinion?
I'm not sofia but..

"HELL NO!"

tpreitzel
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not sofia but..

"HELL NO!"

I'm not MRoCkEd but ...

"HELL YES!"

LOL! Medina answered Beck's question just fine as she understood it, but Beck's shenanigans (possibly manipulating audio) were highly unprofessional. Medina has explained herself so we'll just have to see if Texans buy Beck's, the hater of truth, lies. ;)

low preference guy
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not sofia but..

"HELL NO!"

I think I would've said "How is that relevant to a race for Governor in Texas?". Then Beck would've said something like "But Debra, bla bla bla".

I would've answered: "I came to talk about issues that Texans care about, not random conspiracy theories. Have a nice day Mr. Beck".

tpreitzel
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I think I would've said "How is that relevant to a race for Governor in Texas?". Then Beck would've said something like "But Debra, bla bla bla".

I would've answered: "I came to talk about issues that Texans care about, not random conspiracy theories. Have a nice day Mr. Beck".

Yep, this hypothetical exchange would have been best. Simply terminate the interview early if necessary although Beck and his goons would have cackled over that move too. However, Debra has repeatedly stated that she didn't understand the question as most listeners commonly understand it. Oh, well, the past is behind us. Onward soldiers! ;)

low preference guy
02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes, let's move on and do our best. At least everyone now knows who are our enemies. Glenn Beck today said again that he considers Ron Paul "crazy and kooky".

I asked about how would other people answer because it's good to know ideas on how to respond to that kind of shit, in case someone in the forum becomes a candidate or something in the future...

seeker4sho
02-22-2010, 07:49 PM

Sofia I agree with the first and last parts of your post but I disagree with the rest.
I think her answer was spot on. Beck would have attacked her regardless of her answer. If she had answered "no" he would have accused her of some other terrible wrong like not supporting freedom of speech, etc. etc. He was in control of the conversation and could twist anything she may have said to get the desired results.

TexFootballMom
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
The real TRUTH is that this was her answer and her very first answer.

(No one quotes, prints or states this)

"Well, there's lots of mud that people would like to throw at Debra Medina and make stick. The truth is I'm an everyday ordinary person. I am fighting for the things that our founders fought for, those very basic principles of a constitutional republic, and I'm going to champion people that hold their government accountable, hold me accountable but that's the first time I've heard that accusation. So that's an interesting one."

That is when Puck Beck should have left it alone!

I have never felt like I hated anyone in my entire life and certainly have never said it - but Beck tempted me to do just that.

But I have given it up to the one who can take care of these things.

Draco33
02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/texas-poll-preview.html

If 20% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 33
Hutchison: 32
Medina: 28

If 30% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 36
Medina: 25

If 40% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 38
Medina: 23

If 50% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 40
Medina: 20

I think we will see Medina in the low 20s in this poll.

I have a feeling we will have to carry this out further.

If 60% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 42
Medina: 17

If 70% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 45
Hutchison: 30
Medina: 15

If 80% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 47
Medina: 12

If 90% of people think she's a truther (or might be), we have:

Perry: 47
Medina: 10

I'm guessing 60%-70% think she might be. F'ing Beck! :mad:
So hopefully I'll be happy if she gets more than 16% in the poll.

invisible
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
kludge and someperson have this one right. Since when did PPP do push polling? As Debra said in her Rockwall speech, there are some powerful strings being pulled here, and I think that one of the most reputable and respected pollsters in the country suddenly conducting a push poll makes this obvious. Debra needs to *immediately* (so that it can be reported right next to these poll results) come out swinging with a press release comparing how her race is being push polled while others by the same pollsters are not, and expose this for the attack that it really is. Something really smells here. I think how this poll was conducted shows that it's not Rand, Peter, or any other Constitutional Republican that the establishment is really worried about - Debra has them scared shitless because she has a shot at an executive position where she can actually make a real impact on the issues. This is also an attempt to discourage our efforts. Notice also that no one has released results of any exit polling, which will obviously be more accurate than telephone polls of those voting in past Republican primaries. Anyone care to guess why that is? This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to get us to give up at the time when our efforts count most. What all of this shows is that Debra is actually winning, or at the least is making the runoff with Perry. Those on the ground in TX need to redouble their efforts again. I've only donated money to politicians twice in my entire life (the original RP moneybomb, and Debra's moneybomb), and now I'm actually considering donating to her again.

Koz
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Word.

He totally ambushed her, but she wasn't ready for it. She left the door open a little and he barged right in. If I'm being objective she hemmed and hawed explaining her answer.

That is a fucked up way to ask the poll. But it was all over the news in Tejas.

sofia
02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Word.

He totally ambushed her, but she wasn't ready for it. She left the door open a little and he barged right in. If I'm being objective she hemmed and hawed explaining her answer.

That is a fucked up way to ask the poll. But it was all over the news in Tejas.

i am a proud truther...but until the public can be sufficiently educated about 9/11...the way I would have answered is to say:

"Glen, I do believe that the government is covering up many facts about 9/11, but the coverup is to hide incompetance and gross negligence....such as the flight school warnings - I would like answers to these questions, however, I do not believe 9/11 was an inside job."

An answer like that keeps the truthers happy...and shuts Beck up about 9/11.

low preference guy
02-22-2010, 08:56 PM

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Let's see.....before the Glenn Beck fiasco Rick Perry was leading KBH by a lot who was leading Debra Medina by a little....and now Debra Medina is leading among people who don't think she's a truhter? I call Bovine Scat on the poll itself. What's going on is that people who didn't like Debra Medina before the poll are now using the "truther" excuse, while her core supporters are buying her stated position that she's "not a truther". Sure there's some overlap. But the way this is being skewed and interpreted is nonsense.

paulitics
02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
This poll could also mean that they think Medina is a truther and LIED about it afterwords.

Like I said before, it is the oscillation on this that scares voters. They want to know that when she says she will eliminate property taxes, she means it.

Draco33
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
i am a proud truther...but until the public can be sufficiently educated about 9/11...the way I would have answered is to say:

"Glen, I do believe that the government is covering up many facts about 9/11, but the coverup is to hide incompetance and gross negligence....such as the flight school warnings - I would like answers to these questions, however, I do not believe 9/11 was an inside job."

Best response yet! A+.
Let's keep in the vault for the next Liberty Candidate they try to sabotage!

Are you taking notes Rand? ;)

TexFootballMom
02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
If Beck lost 500,000 (out of what? 3 million?) viewers after the in famous interview - I realize those were not all Texans but....

that's a lot of pissed off Texans - you think?

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/gop-outpaces-democratic-party-in-travis-early-voting-268576.html

.............."Still, it is interesting that GOP turnout is up so much here in our blue little county. Most likely it's simply a result of the high-profile governor's race drawing out more Republicans.

We could also be seeing that some Democrats and left-leaning independents are voting in the Republican primary. Perhaps the tea parties and/or Debra Medina have turned nonprimary voters into primary voters."..............

{And for THIS reason....the polls may be somewhat off}

SWATH
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
A friend of mine asked his friend (who happens to be a reluctant Ron Paul supporter and yet a huge Beck watcher) what he thinks of Medina. His reply was, and I shit you not, "Medina? OH THAT COMMUNIST BITCH FROM TEXAS"

rprprs
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
A friend of mine asked his friend (who happens to be a reluctant Ron Paul supporter and yet a huge Beck watcher) what he thinks of Medina. His reply was, and I shit you not, "Medina? OH THAT COMMUNIST BITCH FROM TEXAS"

Commit that man to the nearest institution....IMMEDIATELY! :eek:

revolutionary8
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
If Ron Paul people can't figure out a poll, chances are, the people taking the poll got pollpwn'd. :D

johngr
02-24-2010, 03:10 AM
What informed "truther" is going to say that Medina is a truther?

Here's how you can extrapolate how the extent of her support from truthers:

1. ask truthers if they support Slick Rick, Bailout or Medina
2. do a general population survey on truther beliefs

Extend the second number and multiply by the fraction of Medina support from the first.

Peace&Freedom
02-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Best response yet! A+.
Let's keep in the vault for the next Liberty Candidate they try to sabotage!

Are you taking notes Rand? ;)

Except, of course, that the neocon/NWO/establishment interviewer will ping the candidate with follow-ups designed to divide and conquer their supporters, by trying to make the candidate repudiate truthers. IT WILL NOT SHUT UP THE BECK AND DAVIS ATTACK DOGS. They are going to make the candidates side with the legitimacy of truthers, or fully reject them---no sly middle ground. Candidates must be ready to take their stand, and NOT finesse the question.

Keller1967
02-24-2010, 06:05 PM

Yeah you don't have to be a political mastermind to come up with that answer, but you know what guys? This whole thing has just been a setup to make the truth movement look bad. If Medina wins it will be because she successfully distanced herself from the truthers, if she loses it will be because Beck associated her too closely with the truthers. That is how you think and they are feeding it to you like a fucking baby so people will remain in the dark about what really happened on 9/11. All this will do is set a precedent that the liberty movement will never accept a "truther", now the goons will have 9/11 completely removed from the political spectrum. The one thing that would make everyone agree that the government is despicable if they would just look at the evidence. That is why we have this forward pushing poll, it is just to manipulate you, it does not tell you what Texans think.

Since when do they do polls about issues like this? Since when do the do polls that aren't about traditional neo-con msm bullshit issues? Now all of a sudden this happens with Medina so they do a poll about it to make sure everyone knows which way to fucking go and think. Enjoy the candy.

Galileo Galilei
02-24-2010, 06:20 PM
PPP never told us what Median's numbers were for those who said "Yes", she's a truther.

They filtered in those who are "not sure" if she is a truther.

But 33% said they don't know enough to have an opinion about Medina, and 29% said they "don't know" if Medina is a truther. These are essentially the same groups. All it says is that Medina is polling lower among those who know little about her, a normal situation.

bruce leeroy
02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Truther is one of those loaded terms like "racist", "wingnut", "sexist", "gun nut" etc, et al......................
I mean what makes you a truther?
does beleiving that someone within the goverment just might have an interest in hiding a few things in order to cover their own ass make you a truther?

jmdrake
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Truther is one of those loaded terms like "racist", "wingnut", "sexist", "gun nut" etc, et al......................
I mean what makes you a truther?
does beleiving that someone within the goverment just might have an interest in hiding a few things in order to cover their own ass make you a truther?

Technically....yes. That would be "truther level 0". Level 1 is cover up of government pre knowledge of the attacks. Leven 2 is the idea that the government let it happen on purpose. (LIHOP). Level 3 is the government made it happen on purpose. (MIHOP). There are levels within MIHOP from someone inside the government running interference for the hijackers to someone on the inside actually facilitating the hijackers directly (funding etc) to remote controlled planes, controlled demolition etc. It's a whole range. Not a single idea.

bruce leeroy
02-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Technically....yes. That would be "truther level 0". Level 1 is cover up of government pre knowledge of the attacks. Leven 2 is the idea that the government let it happen on purpose. (LIHOP). Level 3 is the government made it happen on purpose. (MIHOP). There are levels within MIHOP from someone inside the government running interference for the hijackers to someone on the inside actually facilitating the hijackers directly (funding etc) to remote controlled planes, controlled demolition etc. It's a whole range. Not a single idea.

well, I guess Im a level 0 truther. I dont necessarily believe or disbelieve that the goverment covered up/ was involved/ etc.............BUT, given that this is the same goverment that burned up kids in waco, shot vicki Weaver dead when she was holding her baby, did COINTERPLO against the panthers, performed the tuskeegee experiment, etc et al..................I wouldnt put stuff like that past em. On the other hand, I dont think the federal goverment of the USA is efficient, competent or secretive enough to pull off the equivilant of the riechstag fire or kirov assasination without being straight up exposed. In other words, I take everything I see from the white house press corps with 5 grains of salt and everything I see on infowars with 10.

JohnG
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-mexicotexas-gop-preview.html

Someone is in a close second, someone is in a distant third in both Texas and New Mexico. Well, I doubt Medina would suddenly put Hutchison in a distant third:(

CoreyBowen999
02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-mexicotexas-gop-preview.html

Someone is in a close second, someone is in a distant third in both Texas and New Mexico. Well, I doubt Medina would suddenly put Hutchison in a distant third:(

didnt they have a poll like.. 2 days ago with her in 20%? I doubt shes lost that much in a few days.

american.swan
02-25-2010, 07:13 PM

I think hanging up the phone would have been REAL BAD. I think Medina should have been very clear. "Beck, what is a truther". Beck blah blah. "Beck, I disagree with your definition. There is nothing wrong with citizens questioning their government. Families of the 9/11 victims have questions about what happened that they have yet to get answers for. Do I believe in some conspiricy theory, NO!! " She should have twisted the conversation back on Beck. like this...

"Beck are you a globalist? Do you feel we should give up our sovereignty to the UN and other international bodies? Do you think Europe and China should be dictating what laws citizens of the USA follow? Do you think China should invade the US for our natural resources?"

Just my two cent.

specsaregood
02-25-2010, 07:28 PM

They aren't talking about the governor races there but the 2012 GOP Pres. primary.

JohnG
02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
oh, sorry about the mistake.