PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul does not dismiss a run in 2012 - What do we do different in 2011?

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Saw his interview on PMS-NBC and he was asked if he would run. He did NOT say NO! How can we learn from the first time? What were some mistakes that we should avoid next time around? And things we should do? And please, I don't want to hear "he's too old". I'm 50 and can run circles around most 25 year olds, so don't go there. Okay, I'll start:

1. Instead of fighting the media, we need to infiltrate and use them. Judge Nap is our beginning.

2. We should put together a list of people WE would want to run his campaign.

3. We should start thinking about running mates and cabinet members we would suggest to him.

4. We need to become familiar with the tactics of the opposition and use their own tactics against them.

Edit: I'm going to start listing your ideas here as they come in, so they're in one location. Let me know if I miss any:

1. Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

2. An up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets

3. Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

Correction: We should have 1 moneybomb per QUARTER, and inform the campaign ahead of time so they can plan accordingly. Any non-campaign fundraisers should be prepared to deal with extensive questions to prevent another Ringside Revolution / Ron Paul Racing scam. The blimp was fun and got free advertising, but didn't get Ron Paul elected, therefore it was a mistake that should not be funded again.

4. a.The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

b. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

c. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

5. We should focus on Iowa and New Hampshire

6. This time, be nice to them (media). No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

7. Become an elector: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+become+an+elector+in+the+electoral+colleg e&aq=1&aqi=g4&oq=how+to+become+an+electo

8. We need to bus liberty-loving students from colleges and universities to Ames for the IA straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

9. We should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations in Iowa and New Hampshire et al.

10. We need TV ads that look and sound professional, that really glorify Ron and give him an emotional appeal.

11. duplicate

12. See post #59

13. The most important thing we can do to help Ron Paul in 2012 is to get as many Ron Paul endorsed candidates elected in 2010. Each one that wins is someone that can turn around and immediately endorse Ron Paul (or whoever ends up running) the following year.

14. What we do need to do is focus on a team of people to get things done in the first 5 primary states. If we can beat Mitt in Michigan, we can win the nomination. Ron *can* win Iowa, and 2 in a row would be NH! If he wins Michigan he's nearly won the election.

15. Instead of donating $600,000 on a blimp, we could have major local events in Iowa

16. We could get far more mileage out of a serious highway billboard campaign in the key early primary states.

17. I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters. Or how about using the cash to pay for a network of Paul speakers to make presentations at veterans clubs and senior centers, to get his message out in front of live likely voters?

18. Infiltrate all Tea Parties and 9/12 groups in Iowa.

19. Re-awaken the meet-up groups

20. We need to win or place strongly (top 3) in the Ames straw poll. The money we spend winning it will pay for itself in the free media attention it garners. We need to ORGANIZE and bus our supporters into Ames. We need to set up carpooling, etc in every town in Iowa so not one Ron Paul supporter misses the opportunity to cast a vote for Ron.

21. We need to plan a huge money bomb/kick off party for the day Ron announces his candidacy. Ron needs to be the front runner in money and donations from the start. I think $10 million is a realistic goal if we promote it.

22. We need the campaign to purchase an offical campaign bus, preferably several of them, fully furnished and painted nicely so they can serve as our command centers. We should station one in Iowa, New Hamshire, South Carolina, and one out west, Nevada possible. Like I said I'd prefer 4 buses, but we could live with 2 if we had to.

23. We need to carter private planes for Ron, so we can keep his energy level high and get him across the country wherever he's needed (Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, etc)

24. We have to figure out a way to get our most inspirational youtubes shown on the air or at least a DVD in the hands of all early primary voters.

FUNDRAISING IS KEY

Ron Paul's fundraising growth was exponential in 2007-2008. Lets start the exponential growth 10 months earlier for 2011-2012.

OUR Goal starting THE DAY HE ANNOUNCES FORMING AN EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE should be to raise at least $10 million dollars by March 2011. (Q1)

A few suggestions:
START SAVING NOW.
1. I'm maxing out and encouraging my friends to do the same. In a fight there are times to save onto your ammo and times to fire with all you've got - Jan 2011 lets fire the shot heard around the world.

2. Join your local tea party and tell them Ron Paul started the modern tea party movement. Lets earn their hearts and minds.

3. I posit that a money bomb should be planned for some time in Jan, Feb., or March 2011 to put our campaign in a competitive position and gain financial-frontrunner status.

4. Meetup groups

Avery J. Knapp Jr., M.D.
Helped run the Greater NYC Ron Paul Action Meetup (and helped start it in May 2007, end of Q2, shortly after I heard about Ron Paul).

26. Don't forget to Register Republican, Become a Delegate and Get Involved!!!

27. The campaign should hire 10 of the most talented grassroots video makers and provide them the equipment and resources to churn out top quality video for the campaign. We need a video team following Ron around the country just shooting and shooting video, to be edited later for use in campaign commercials, etc.

28. I also suggest a money bomb calendar so we can avoid grassroots confusion and pissing contests.

Let's debate the number of money bombs for fiscal year 2011 and the dates, so we don't have to do it on the fly like usual.

29. The opposition would take us by surprise by some of the tactics they used. Maybe it would be a good idea to "prepare and be aware" of those tactics a head of time.

30. A 2 day moneybomb on the day before and on the day of the Ames Straw Poll.

1. It will get Rons name in the media for the day of the straw poll

2. If a relatively undecided iowan turns up to vote and sees a giant live ticker outside our tent showing us raising millions as the day goes on- he/she may be swayed by our fundraising strength and enthusiasm

31. The way to combat this? Watch every CFL training video on the site!

32. See post 174.
I'd like to suggest a couple changes to the list compiled in the first post of this thread. The suggestions have to do with fundraising and the kick off moneybomb.

I believe that an integral part of the promotion of the first moneybomb should be not just about one big moneybomb, but encouraging people to sign up for an automatic monthly contribution. I think that the goal should be to get 100,000 people to sign up for a $100 monthly contribution, on the moneybomb date. That would give Ron a 10 million dollar day, and a guaranteed $10 million every month. It is a big goal but I think it can be done. And having people committed to monthly contributions will cut down on the need for constant recurring moneybombs.

My personal preference is that the first moneybomb should be Dec 16th 2010.

33. From the Daily Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/147108#comment-1561301 We need to develop an internet taskforce that operates 24/7 probably through its own website and dominates these marketing tools:

1. Internet Polls
2. YouTube Videos
3. Article/Video Comment Sections
4. Facebook domination
5. Emailing mediaheads
6. Etc.

34. From Daily Paul: We NEED precinct leaders. Either official voted in precinct leaders or volunteer precinct leaders (as from the 2008 campaign)

We NEED Ron Paul supporters to get comfortable with:
1. Walking their precincts
2. Talking to their neighbors. (don't alienate them if you have differing views)
3. Organizing precinct meetings w/ your neighborhood at the local library
4. Gaining the trust of your precinct.
5. Showing informative eye-opening documentaries at the local library during your precinct meetings.

We can win back America and it can happen one precinct district at a time. Win over your precinct!

I have six projects that I think need to be worked on in order to win in 2012 and ensure the continued success and influence of the Liberty Movement, as I elaborate on here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266869) and here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267148):

Solid Tea Party Backing
Smear Machine
Candidates Everywhere
Project Iowa
Project New Hampshire
Project South Carolina

This is about building a grassroots machine that can successfully elect candidates nationwide, wherever there is a viable race.

36. Wonder if we could organize a gun show or swap meet with free admission for anyone with a Bussed to ames handstamp or ticket. Maybe an expo for homeschoolers... something

37. If you want to be a precinct captain post here!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267199

cpike
02-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Of course he'll run. Just look at his comment towards T-Woods. He knows it would be incredibly stupid to do until after the mid-term elections. He's got three (albeit weak) primary challengers, who would use it against him.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Of course he'll run. Just look at his comment towards T-Woods. He knows it would be incredibly stupid to do until after the mid-term elections. He's got three (albeit weak) primary challengers, who would use it against him.

Okay, let's strategize then, shall we? What mistakes did we make last time? What should we do this time?

wrestlingwes_8
02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I've read a few posts of people saying they think Ron will wait til after the 2010 elections to announce and I agree with them. Ron doesn't want to take any wind out of the sails of Rand, Medina, Schiff, Kokesh, etc. Ron knows what kind of following he has so I would be really surprised if he didn't run.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

Yes. And we have to come up with ways to combat the age issue.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I've read a few posts of people saying they think Ron will wait til after the 2010 elections to announce and I agree with them. Ron doesn't want to take any wind out of sails of Rand, Medina, Schiff, Kokesh, etc. Ron knows what kind of following he has so I would be really surprised if he didn't run.

He can announce whenever he sees fit. We can start NOW. Remember, we are the wind beneath his wings. :p

Paulitical Correctness
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Okay, let's strategize then, shall we? What mistakes did we make last time? What should we do this time?

Too many chiefs and not enough indians? We had so many creative ideas and fundraising projects, but resources were spread thin because there were so many.

One thing we did right, no doubt, was the epic sign waves. :eek:

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Too many chiefs and not enough indians? We had so many creative ideas and fundraising projects, but resources were spread thin because there were so many.

One thing we did right, no doubt, was the epic sign waves. :eek:

I disagree. The grassroots did their thing and it was grand. We each, in our unique ways got the word out about him. The campaign was not run well though, imo. And for our part, we fought the media and it hurt rather than helped him in most cases.

wrestlingwes_8
02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
He can announce whenever he sees fit. We can start NOW. Remember, we are the wind beneath his wings. :p

And he probably sees after the 2010 elections as the time that fits the best. That still gives him PLENTY of time and would still make him one of the first people to announce. I know we all would absolutely love for him to announce tomorrow but we just have to be patient even though its not very much fun ;)

Pennsylvania
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
It'd be nice to have an up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets people may be familiar with, in a format which portrays his presidency as an inevitability that they may as well just jump on the bandwagon for. Something like what Paul's Reveres did last time around would work. Then we should host the ISO publicly for widespread download.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
It'd be nice to have an up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets people may be familiar with, in a format which portrays his presidency as an inevitability that they may as well just jump on the bandwagon for. Something like what Paul's Reveres did last time around would work. Then we should host the ISO publicly for widespread download.

I shall ask Chris and Cory (makers of For Liberty) if they are willing to take this on. Great idea!

Paulitical Correctness
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I disagree. The grassroots did their thing and it was grand. We each, in our unique ways got the word out about him. The campaign was not run well though, imo. And for our part, we fought the media and it hurt rather than helped him in most cases.

The 'roots were definitely the soul of the campaign. And yes, one thing to take away from last time is "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

pacelli
02-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

Correction: We should have 1 moneybomb per QUARTER, and inform the campaign ahead of time so they can plan accordingly. Any non-campaign fundraisers should be prepared to deal with extensive questions to prevent another Ringside Revolution / Ron Paul Racing scam. The blimp was fun and got free advertising, but didn't get Ron Paul elected, therefore it was a mistake that should not be funded again.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

I wouldn't say it was a mistake but I wouldn't want to see it again either. Points are all good and well taken.

eok321
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
1. The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

2. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

3. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

We have plenty to work on but between Obama proving daily that he is full of empty promises and the economy being in the tank, everything outside of Ron's control has fallen into place for him to win in 2012

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 03:33 PM
My opinion:

It is all about momentum. Ron Paul must win in Iowa. Period.

Once he wins there...the rest is a cake walk. They stopped him from gaining momentum last time by sabotaging us in Iowa.

People didn't vote for Ron last time because they didn't think he could win. And all roads lead back to Iowa. If Ron Paul would have won in Iowa or New Hampshire, it would have been a totally different ball game.

I really don't think age will be a major problem as his base is so young and the country is wanting some adult supervision right now.

We should focus on Iowa and New Hampshire. Send the students again, yes. Make it fun again, yes. But also be aware this time that others know how crucial Iowa and New Hampshire are. And they will do anything to stop Ron from winning there.

Be ruthless in Iowa. And for god sake...watch your back this time.

And as far as big picture lessons learned for me: Play offense not defense.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
1. The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

2. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

3. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

We have plenty to work on but everything outside of Ron's control has fallen into place for him to win in 2012

...as opposed to the one in D.C.???

JP2010
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+become+an+elector+in+the+electoral+colleg e&aq=1&aqi=g4&oq=how+to+become+an+electo

^ This

Grassroots kicked ass, but we also screwed things up with the media.

This time, be nice to them. No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

No hot air balloons.

More (or even one) privately funded commercial that are better than "He's catchin' on, I'm telling ya"

pacelli
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't say it was a mistake but I wouldn't want to see it again either. Points are all good and well taken.

I also had the thought that we did some great things that should be continued:

-Use of youtube and other video sites to expose the flaws of other candidates AND creatively and emotionally advertise Ron Paul's campaign.

-Following Rudy '9/11' Giuliani around at each campaign stop with Ron Paul for President signs. We just wore him out. This style should be repeated with other candidates, as opposed to SHOUTING "RON PAUL" DURING THEIR INTERVIEWS or throwing snowballs at media personalities. As Bradley in DC tried to tell everyone back in '07, if we are advertising the campaign in any fashion, then we represent the campaign to the uninformed. IF we are rude, obnoxious, or off-putting to the average person, then the campaign loses votes.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
My opinion:

Once he wins there...the rest is a cake walk. They stopped him from gaining momentum last time by sabotaging us in Iowa.

People didn't vote for Ron last time because they didn't think he could win. And all roads lead back to Iowa. If Ron Paul would have won in Iowa or New Hampshire, it would have been a totally different ball game.

I really don't think age will be a major problem as his base is so young and the country is wanting some adult supervision right now.

We should focus on Iowa and New Hampshire. Send the students again, yes. Make it fun again, yes. But also be aware this time that others know how crucial Iowa and New Hampshire are. And they will do anything to stop Ron from winning there. Be ruthless in Iowa. And for god sake...watch your back this time.

So the first focus should be on winning in Iowa and NH. Check. Should we have another RonVoy organized to get people there like we did for the RevMarch in DC?
And we should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations.

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 03:39 PM
-Following Rudy '9/11' Giuliani around at each campaign stop with Ron Paul for President signs. We just wore him out.

This was surprisingly effective!

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+become+an+elector+in+the+electoral+colleg e&aq=1&aqi=g4&oq=how+to+become+an+electo

^ This

Grassroots kicked ass, but we also screwed things up with the media.

This time, be nice to them. No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

No hot air balloons.

More (or even one) privately funded commercial that are better than "He's catchin' on, I'm telling ya"

Yes! How to become an elector!!! Genius!

eok321
02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
...as opposed to the one in D.C.???

Ovcourse but the race was over by then:o We'll need a show of strength to disprove any polls showing us at 2% etc-

Hopefully he'll be polling somewhat better than that this time around though.

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
So the first focus should be on winning in Iowa and NH. Check. Should we have another RonVoy organized to get people there like we did for the RevMarch in DC?
And we should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations.

Oh, yes. I imagine there will be plenty of money this go round. Plenty to do it all.

I know Ron likes to save $$ for a rainy day but it rains in the beginning of campaigns too. :) He's gonna have to drop some serious cash in the beginning.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
We need to bus liberty-loving students from Iowa colleges and universities to Ames for the straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

FSP-Rebel
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Thoughts on campaigning in NH: Focus on lowering taxes, the economy/deficit/debt (and its affect on small biz), gun rights and being pro-life. Those seem to be the main issues that are popular within the NHGOP. Also, lots of homeschoolers in these parts. Ron will have to campaign a lot more here and run ads covering the issues mentioned above. Immigration isn't a big issue here so no need to waste time on it, though I'm sure some of our anarchists will make it a point to bring it up being they're big time advocates for open borders. And yes, bring on the student brigades and anyone else for that matter.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
We need to bus liberty-loving students from colleges and universities to Ames for the IA straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

We will organize another RonVoy.

Okay, I have to go for now, but I will edit the OP to add all suggestions so that we have them in one place. Please everyone, keep the thread bumped? I'll be back later.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
We need to bus liberty-loving students from Iowa colleges and universities to Ames for the straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

Speaking of this... I'm fuzzy on the details, but we should start making sure all students for Ron Paul start getting any residency requirements they need to vote in the Iowa straw poll.

Peace&Freedom
02-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Yes, though outright victory there is not absolutely required (McCain did not win IA, Hillary was third but stayed in primary contention to the end). Paul must place HIGH in Iowa at least, and outright win IA, NH or some other very early (pre-SC) primary, otherwise the media will soon lock around the establishment's anointed frontrunner as the primary race winner. We have to hit the ground running this time.

This is why it was so essential to focus on winning early as the primary strategy in 2008, and to gain big endorsements and raise the serious money early to be in real contention. If the grassroots had moneybombed Paul monthly from March 2007 onward he could have had $50 million by mid-year, not $5 million. For the 2012 primaries, we cannot wait until the end of 2011 to get him the funds. Impossible? No, Murray Sabrin wrote in LRC in early 2007 about a pre-money bomb alternative method to get him the early cash (I promoted it heavily in NY, it never caught on, but is still a good Plan B). Surely each state's grassroots can find at least 1,000 people to give $1,000 to Paul, that is, raise $1 million per state:

"If $50 million is the minimum that a candidate will have to raise to be taken seriously by the media, then every lesser-known candidate needs 50,000 individuals to make an average contribution of $1,000 to give him a $50 million war chest. (The maximum individual contribution is $2,300 per primary and general election.)"

pacelli
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM

Not to de-emphasize what else you suggested, but this is absolutely critical, and a mistake that we cannot afford to repeat. Some of this had to do with rumors around that time of the campaign's "secret delegate strategy". Yes, delegates are important. No, delegates are not the ONLY thing that is important. We need momentum and an Iowa win.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, though outright victory there is not absolutely required (McCain did not win IA, Hillary was third but stayed in primary contention to the end).

For the typical establishment candidates, this is true. But we know from experience that if Ron Paul gets 2nd in the IA straw poll or the IA caucus, it will be no better than getting 10th, because the MSM will black him out by literally pretending that the number "2" does not exist. They will list 1st, 3rd, 4th etc. Heck, some bloggers are ignoring the number "1" in reporting the CPAC straw poll results!

So I think winning the IA straw poll in August 2011 is a must. And he must then win the IA caucus lest the media immediately dismiss his earlier IA straw poll win as "unscientific".

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/how-ron-paul-wins-in-2012-step-one/

EDIT: I would add the following steps to Doug Wead's plan:

Step 0.1: Win the 2010 CPAC straw poll. DONE!!!
Step 0.2: Win the 2010 SRLC straw poll.
Step 0.3: Win the September 2010 Values Voter straw poll.
Step 0.4: Win the 2011 CPAC straw poll with > 50%.
Step 1.0: Win the 2011 IA straw poll

silus
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Saw his interview on PMS-NBC and he was asked if he would run. He did NOT say NO!
Hate to burst your bubble, but lets be honest with ourselves. Even if Ron Paul was 99% sure he was not running he still would not say yes. Have we not learned this yet from this man??

Secondly, he was asked a million times if he was going to run third-party during the last election cycle. Everyone wanted a hard and fast answer and Ron always answered with the same uncertainty, which the media often interpreted as indication he was running.

The media wants what it canot have. Ron Paul not ruling out a 2012 bid is the same as him not answering the question at all.

American Idol
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM

1. Medical Doctor

2. Exercise addict

3. Both parents lived into their 90s

DONE!

wrestlingwes_8
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM

I totally agree about the money bombs. Seems like every time I turn around there's another money bomb about to happen. Yes the money bombs are a great idea but I think that having them too often slowly diminishes the enthusiasm of the donars and coverage from MSM. I think it would be very sufficient to have one per quarter like mentioned above.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but lets be honest with ourselves. Even if Ron Paul was 99% sure he was not running he still would not say yes. Have we not learned this yet from this man??

Secondly, he was asked a million times if he was going to run third-party during the last election cycle. Everyone wanted a hard and fast answer and Ron always answered with the same uncertainty, which the media often interpreted as indication he was running.

The media wants what it canot have. Ron Paul not ruling out a 2012 bid is the same as him not answering the question at all.

You're right. Jesse Benton said in a recent interview that if Ron Paul were forced to make the decision today, it would most likely be "No", but that he could be persuaded to run, just as he was last time.

What better way to persuade him than by surprising him with a few more major straw poll victories?

KramerDSP
02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I totally agree about the money bombs. Seems like every time I turn around there's another money bomb about to happen. Yes the money bombs are a great idea but I think that having them too often slowly diminishes the enthusiasm of the donars and coverage from MSM. I think it would be very sufficient to have one per quarter like mentioned above.

In another thread, I had a suggestion for 5 Super Money Bomb Days, All of which would not feel forced.

1) Ron Paul's announcement of running for President - starting the first midnight of the announcement, have the first 24-hour moneybomb.

2) Tea Party on December 16, 2010 (courtesy another poster whose handle I can't remember)

3) April 15, 2011, for obvious reasons.

This would give Ron Paul $15+ million before the first debate has even begun.

4) July 4, 2011, also for obvious reasons.

5a) November 5, 2011
5b) December 16, 2011 - For Tradition's Sake.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd go so far as to say that we can do without the moneybombs the next time around. They were a perfect gimmick for getting publicity for a dark horse candidate. Next time, Ron Paul is going to win the IA straw poll, which will bring free publicity and a steady flow of conventional donations from individuals.

ShowMeLiberty
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I loved, loved, loved the amazing YouTubes created by our grassroots last campaign, but...

We know we can win the internet. We need to move beyond that because if we don't also reach the millions of voters who spend little (if any) time on the web, we'll won't get any further than we did last time.

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I'd go so far as to say that we can do without the moneybombs the next time around. They were a perfect gimmick for getting publicity for a dark horse candidate. Next time, Ron Paul is going to win the IA straw poll, which will bring free publicity and a steady flow of conventional donations from individuals.

interesting point

i think i agree with you

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Infiltrate all Tea Parties and 9/12 groups in Iowa.

wrestlingwes_8
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
In another thread, I had a suggestion for 5 Super Money Bomb Days, All of which would not feel forced.

1) Ron Paul's announcement of running for President - starting the first midnight of the announcement, have the first 24-hour moneybomb.

2) Tea Party on December 16, 2010 (courtesy another poster whose handle I can't remember)

3) April 15, 2011, for obvious reasons.

This would give Ron Paul $15+ million before the first debate has even begun.

4) July 4, 2011, also for obvious reasons.

5a) November 5, 2011
5b) December 16, 2011 - For Tradition's Sake.

Those are some good days but I just think that we only need to have a money bomb on:

1. December 16th 2010
2. July 4, 2011
3. December 16th 2011

Speaking as a college student I would be willing to give on these 3 dates because they are fairly well spaced out and would be able to spare some of my money. I know a lot of my friends feel the same way just because as every knows college kids are usually broke :( :p

KramerDSP
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Those are some good days but I just think that we only need to have a money bomb on:

1. December 16th 2010
2. July 4, 2011
3. December 16th 2011

Speaking as a college student I would be willing to give on these 3 dates because they are fairly well spaced out and would be able to spare some of my money. I know a lot of my friends feel the same way just because as every knows college kids are usually broke :( :p

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
bump

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 09:30 PM

I thought he was always pretty clear about not running third party. And, if he has no intention of running again, why not just say so?

silus
02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
And, if he has no intention of running again, why not just say so?
Because any rational individual that accepts the uncertainty of the future does not hold themselves to a particular outcome needlessly. Having no intention during the present does not need to have any bearing in the future. Just because the media demands questions now does not mean there is an answer.

If someone asks you if you will be working at your job after 3 more years, how would you answer? There is no answer for these types of questions. And having an intention means next to nothing.

wgadget
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Because any rational individual that accepts the uncertainty of the future does not hold themselves to a particular outcome needlessly. Having no intention during the present does not need to have any bearing in the future. Just because the media demands questions now does not mean there is an answer.

If someone asks you if you will be working at your job after 3 more years, how would you answer? There is no answer for these types of questions. And having an intention means next to nothing.

Dr. Paul is a very wise man.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM

If I didn't like my job and intended to leave - I'd say "no". I don't follow your logic here. As far as I can tell, if he had no intention of ever running for President again, I think the man would say so. I think he's leaving his options open to the possibility - and that gives me hope.

silus
02-22-2010, 11:09 PM
If I didn't like my job and intended to leave - I'd say "no".
Talking about three years in the future, you may be intending to leave but you would be fooling yourself by trying to say with certainty that you would leave. There are variables out there that could change the picture. Why ignore their existence or the possibility, nor matter how small, that you might stay?

I think we all should be hopeful of him running, and he is leaving open the possibility, but he certainly isn't giving any indication one way or the other. He's just being a cautious man.

Carson
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
At first I was wondering if the country deserves Ron Paul in 2012. I saw him abused so much in 2008.

One of the places he took a beating was by some in threads on www.fark.com (http://www.fark.com/).

I also saw many times since there where people had brought up some of the things Ron Paul warned us about and tried to educate us on.

I think now it would be best for the United States if he got started as soon as possible. Win, lose or draw the nation will profit by his wisdom.

The sooner the better.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/DSC01737shrunkandweb.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/ron-paul-revolution2shrunk-.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/DSC01730shrunkandweb.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/Alpha-Channels-copyronpaulr.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/websize/ohnoes.jpg

Easter accident from a fark contest.

YumYum
02-22-2010, 11:51 PM
At first I was wondering if the country deserves Ron Paul in 2012. I saw him abused so much in 2008.

One of the places he took a beating was by some in threads on www.fark.com (http://www.fark.com/).

I also saw many times since there where people had brought up some of the things Ron Paul warned us about and tried to educate us on.

I think now it would be best for the United States if he got started as soon as possible. Win, lose or draw the nation will profit by his wisdom.

The sooner the better.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/DSC01737shrunkandweb.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/ron-paul-revolution2shrunk-.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/DSC01730shrunkandweb.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/Alpha-Channels-copyronpaulr.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/websize/ohnoes.jpg

Easter accident from a fark contest.

The lady in the pink hair is my dream babe!:D

ShowMeLiberty
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm getting so hyped up. The country might really be ready this time. The sheep have started waking up and looking around and realizing nobody in gov't is doing them any favors - nobody but that Ron Paul guy who actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it...

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/sheep.gif

TortoiseDream
02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Saw his interview on PMS-NBC and he was asked if he would run. He did NOT say NO! How can we learn from the first time? What were some mistakes that we should avoid next time around? And things we should do? And please, I don't want to hear "he's too old". I'm 50 and can run circles around most 25 year olds, so don't go go there. Okay, I'll start:

1. Instead of fighting the media, we need to infiltrate and use them. Judge Nap is our beginning.

2. We should put together a list of people WE would want to run his campaign.

3. We should start thinking about running mates and cabinet members we would suggest to him.

4. We need to become familiar with the tactics of the opposition and use their own tactics against them.

Edit: I'm going to start listing the ideas here as they come in:

1. Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

2. An up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets

3. Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

4. a.The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

b. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

c. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

6. This time, be nice to them (media). No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

7. Become an elector: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+become+an+elector+in+the+electoral+colleg e&aq=1&aqi=g4&oq=how+to+become+an+electo

8. We need to bus liberty-loving students from colleges and universities to Ames for the IA straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

I think you're definitely right about the money bombs. Too many makes them lose their importance, once per quarter sounds great. If we raise 5 million each quarter starting in 2011 we can easily raise over 20 million dollars if we plan it right. Big talk, I know, but the grassroots organization is already established, so its plausible, and our numbers will only be bigger than last time.

Money isn't enough, though. We need someone in Ron's campaign who will know how to SPEND it wisely. We need TV ads that look and sound professional, that really glorify Ron and give him an emotional appeal. Given his honest charm I don't think that should be a problem if we hire the right crew. Maybe we could even give him a makeover of some sorts. Looks are obviously irrelevant when it comes to policies, but he needs to look presidential to the average voter. The age card will be thrown against us, he needs to not look 100 years old (he doesn't, but take the perspective of the masses).

The mass media is obviously going to shower Ron with "the question" of running over and over again. But the question he should be asking, in my opinion, is not why run, but why not?

Rael
02-23-2010, 01:23 AM

Maybe by pointing out that Bob Dole is still alive?

cpike
02-23-2010, 01:26 AM
I love the TV Ad being made by the grassroots and voted on. It would be a great way to get quality and the only essential cost would be airtime.

pacelli
02-23-2010, 06:45 AM

Not to derail, but don't use Dole on the age issue. WASHINGTON -- Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole is recuperating at Walter Reed Army Medical Center after a bout with pneumonia, his spokesman said Monday..

hillertexas
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM

Hugh Hefner (born April 9, 1926)
Ron Paul (born August 20, 1935)

DjLoTi
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Deborah, I totally like where you're going with this. It's going to take some time to write out everything, but I def. plan on adding to this discussion. This is one discussion I think we all have to have.

hillertexas
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
We should ensure that there is no shortage of supplies this time. And that when things are ordered from the campaign, they are delivered promptly.

Make sure we have a huge stash. But also maybe we can do what we did out of necessity last time on purpose this time...send things to the next target state.

Send everything from Iowa HQ to NH HQ. Send everything from NH HQ (plus the Iowa stuff) to Michigan HQ...etc. All supplies compound on themselves. No excuses this time. We need to be bitching that there are too many slim jims...too many signs.

"What are we supposed to do with all these?! We are swimming in bumper stickers and slim jims!" <-----I wanna hear this on these forums this time.

To help with the planning:
2008 Race
January 3: Iowa (caucuses)
January 5: Wyoming (GOP caucuses)
January 8: New Hampshire (primary)
January 15: Michigan
January 19: Nevada (precinct caucuses), South Carolina (R primary)
January 26: South Carolina (D primary)
January 29: Florida
February 1: Maine (R)

February 5: Alabama, Alaska (caucuses), Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado (caucuses), Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho (D caucuses), Illinois, Kansas (D caucuses), Massachusetts, Minnesota (caucuses), Missouri, Montana (R caucuses), New Jersey, New Mexico (D), New York, North Dakota (caucuses), Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, American Samoa (caucuses)

February 9: Louisiana, Kansas (R), Nebraska (D caucuses), Washington (D&R caucuses)
February 10: Maine (D caucuses)
February 12: District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
February 19: Hawaii (D), Washington (R primary), Wisconsin
March 4: Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont
March 8: Wyoming (D)
March 11: Mississippi
April 22: Pennsylvania
May 6: Indiana, North Carolina
May 13: Nebraska (primary), West Virginia
May 20: Kentucky, Oregon ,
May 27: Idaho (R)
June 3: Montana , New Mexico (R), South Dakota
August 25-28: Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado
September 1-4: Republican National Convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota

jmdrake
02-23-2010, 11:44 AM
The most important thing we can do to help Ron Paul in 2012 is to get as many Ron Paul endorsed candidates elected in 2010. Each one that wins is someone that can turn around and immediately endorse Ron Paul (or whoever ends up running) the following year.

DjLoTi
02-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't disagree with multiple money bombs. I think money bombs are a great way to promote Ron Paul. I think Valentines day would be a great day to money bomb - "show your love for freedom"

What we do need to do is focus on a team of people to get things done in the first 5 primary states. I think we look great in Iowa. Some say we look great in NH, but I only know what i have seen and I have only been to Iowa. I hope NH is great! I personally know nothing about the north east! =P

Personally I want to focus on Iowa and Michigan. If we can beat Mitt in Michigan, we can win the nomination. Ron *can* win Iowa, and 2 in a row would be NH! If he wins Michigan he's nearly won the election.

We don't know what the exact primary dates will be (many states changed their primary voting day, like MI and WY). We *do* know that Iowa will be first.

Iowa is a major, major deal, so we need to win Iowa. Personally I might even move there just because I'd rather live there and really learn about the culture. I can work full time in Iowa (every day) and I can meet people fast and quickly network a team of Ron Paul supporters. We could get ... just tons of support....

Instead of donating $600,000 on a blimp, we could have major local events in Iowa. That is *a lot of money*. Think about how much pizza and steak and all american food that could have bought!

Anyway, Iowa, NH, and we don't know! I know a lot of people in Michigan and could probably get a lot of people to vote. I plan to travel a bit during the next election... I'd like to work for the campaign! Or at least work with the campaign! I'm trying to get involved with YAL, but to me personally I *only* care about Ron Paul 2012.

The revolution was meant to be in 2012 and we're going to have it. So I'm ready and I know many of you are. So I'm ready to walk we're gonna walk for Ron Paul.

Peace&Freedom
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree about the blimps, they've already been tried, and how many 2008 primaries did Paul win with it? The novelty has also faded, they won't get the news focus previously received. On the same amount of money we could get far more mileage out of a serious highway billboard campaign in the key early primary states.

Or new innovative ideas could be implemented---I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters. Or how about using the cash to pay for a network of Paul speakers to make presentations at veterans clubs and senior centers, to get his message out in front of live likely voters? That would get more done than another vanity blimp campaign could.

ShowMeLiberty
02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
We should ensure that there is no shortage of supplies this time. And that when things are ordered from the campaign, they are delivered promptly.

Make sure we have a huge stash. But also maybe we can do what we did out of necessity last time on purpose this time...send things to the next target state.

Send everything from Iowa HQ to NH HQ. Send everything from NH HQ (plus the Iowa stuff) to Michigan HQ...etc. All supplies compound on themselves. No excuses this time. We need to be bitching that there are too many slim jims...too many signs.

"What are we supposed to do with all these?! We are swimming in bumper stickers and slim jims!" <-----I wanna hear this on these forums this time.

Excellent point - agree 100%.

I agree about the blimps, they've already been tried, and how many 2008 primaries did Paul win with it? The novelty has also faded, they won't get the news focus previously received. On the same amount of money we could get far more mileage out of a serious highway billboard campaign in the key early primary states.

Or new innovative ideas could be implemented---I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters. Or how about using the cash to pay for a network of Paul speakers to make presentations at veterans clubs and senior centers, to get his message out in front of live likely voters? That would get more done than another vanity blimp campaign could.

Great ideas - especially the speakers. Get them in front of veterans, seniors, chambers of commerce, tea party events, and so on. Like I said before, we really need to strengthen our offline efforts next time.

Deborah K
02-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Another objection people had last time was that he was not presidential enough. We have to figure out a way to help people overcome the 'style over substance' mental block that they seem to have. The sheep want a Hollywood Star for a president.

Can we address that?

Deborah K
02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
1. Medical Doctor

2. Exercise addict

3. Both parents lived into their 90s

DONE!

Bravo!

ShowMeLiberty
02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Another objection people had last time was that he was not presidential enough. We have to figure out a way to help people overcome the 'style over substance' mental block that they seem to have. The sheep want a Hollywood Star for a president.

Can we address that?

Was just thinking about that the other day. Now, I am NOT a fan of Abe Lincoln but a lot of people are, so maybe we can work with that.

I've heard people say RP is a funny-looking guy with a squeaky voice. So ask what they think of Lincoln. If they like him, point out that he was also a funny-looking guy with a squeaky voice.

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/speaker.htm

Deborah K
02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Was just thinking about that the other day. Now, I am NOT a fan of Abe Lincoln but a lot of people are, so maybe we can work with that.

I've heard people say RP is a funny-looking guy with a squeaky voice. So ask what they think of Lincoln. If they like him, point out that he was also a funny-looking guy with a squeaky voice.

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/speaker.htm

True, and we can ask them: "Has style over substance served you well? Maybe it's time to choose substance over style."

Edit: love this from your link: "...an intellectual face, showing a searching mind, and a cool judgment." Works for the good doctor.

DjLoTi
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM

Can we address that?

I actually read from a non-biased media source that Ron Paul had 'rockstar' like presence and the competition 'definitely' noticed. He has been all over the media lately, and Ann Coulter recently said he was 'telegenic'.

Ron Paul IS a rockstar, certainly to all of us. He was hardly on the media prior to his campaign in 2007, and now he has become sort of a media personality. I think he's doing really great, and I don't think this will be a problem *at all* for the revolution.

I'm just worried about getting as many people as possible to the voting booth in the early primary states. That's my main concern.

Juan McCain
02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Okay, I'll start:

9. We should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations in Iowa and New Hampshire et al.

Ron *can* win Iowa, and 2 in a row would be NH! If he wins Michigan he's nearly won the election.

15. Instead of donating $600,000 on a blimp, we could have major local events in Iowa

18. Infiltrate all Tea Parties and 9/12 groups in Iowa.

The University of Iowa - Iowa State University - and Northern Iowa University, all need local campaign offices -
in 07-08 everything was centralized in Des Moines.

I can understand that decision -
and yet we still won GOP precincts in Iowa City/University of Iowa and had GOP state delegates - using our own funding for "meet-up" groups.

Campus campaign offices can use mostly student volunteers in the campus downtown districts - and library is open until 2am - weekends the streets are filled till 2 am -
downtown Des Moines is dead agfter the 5 pm work crowd leaves for the " suburbs" -
imho, downtown Des Moines would just NOT be our best choice for a campaign headquarters - but I understand it.

So, add in everything from art and business to economics majors - with political science majors and law students already studying constitutional law-
and all with a student newspaper The Daily Iowan that IS read by all the community - not just on campus.

Now, with medical marijuana getting unanimous recommendation by the State Pharmacy Board this month -
student activism in Iowa will be . . . understandably . . . well, very high.

But for the blimp . . . I think that is a hit . . . and would be a hit again.

The good investments and experiences then carry over to the other states . . .
so all do benefit after an Iowa win.

DjLoTi
02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
dv

Juan McCain
02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Imagine spending all the money that would be for a blimp on things like YAL and local offices!

It's not that expensive to rent out an office space. Imagine if the Iowa Ron Paul team had the money we spent on the blimp?

The money - blimp or otherwise - wasn't even really there that early during 2007 . . .
the campaign later admitted that they may not have given enough attention to Iowa.

But they definitely wanted only one campaign office in Des Moines - they missed how much interest had been stirred up on campus in eastern Iowa.

Also, keep in mind if you attend any university in the state of Iowa - even as an out-of-state student -
you CAN register to vote in Iowa if you are in school for the election date.

University of Iowa is a bit over 3 hours from Chicago . . . with a large number of Chicagoland students.

Also btw, the guys and gals from Ann Arbor and Texas and Madison, Wisconsin were ALL big helps
coming to eastern Iowa - Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls and Iowa City for the freezing cold caucus night in January, 2008.

rp08orbust
02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Also, keep in mind if you attend any university in the state of Iowa - even as an out-of-state student -
you CAN register to vote in Iowa if you are in school for the election date.

Do you know what the requirements are for voting in the Ames straw poll?

Juan McCain
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Do you know what the requirements are for voting in the Ames straw poll?

Yes, I was a credentially checker - a volunteer for the Iowa GOP and came up from Iowa City . . .
I also recruited a few law students to volunteer for the Iowa GOP and spend the weekend in Ames.

Ames Straw poll is an Iowa Republican Party fundraiser really . . . a vote ticket costs about $35. but most campaigns would pay for them.

Any Iowa resident - or Iowa registered voter (i.e. an out-of-state college student) can vote - a state ID or drivers license has a magnetic strip on back that could just be swiped - so that is the easiest,
but you COULD register as a Republican right there if you hadn't registered to vote yet.

And you had to be 18 years old as of the November 2008 election date . . .
so as a 16 yr old in August 2007 - if you had a couple birthdays to go - and within some 15 months you would turn 18 . . .
you could have voted in the straw poll.

That is the rule - I was a volunteer to help check IDs.

We rocked the auditorium (basketball stadium) when the results were announced -
the Romney buses came and had already left by the evening - and had good local news coverage.

Guiliani and McCain didn't participate - they were like 12th and 13th -
RP was fifth . . . but Huckabee was the surprise after all Mitt had spent.

Galileo Galilei
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Ron will run if Rand wins in Kentucky.

DjLoTi
02-24-2010, 02:20 AM
as

hillertexas
02-24-2010, 09:14 AM

Can we address that?

All he needs is a really good speech/vocal coach. Really. Make sure the coach has some experience in theatre. Start asap. I suspect he is already working with one as his enunciation has gotten better...but he could use more help IMO.

He needs to slow down and be more concise as well. In his speeches, up the amount of sound bytes, reduce the trailing details. It was hard for me to follow his speech at CPAC from about the midway point...and I've heard like a million RP speeches.

rp08orbust
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Regarding the age issue, one detail that has always distracted me while watching him speak is that his suit coats never seem to fit quite right around his shoulders. The effect is to make him look like an old man wearing an old suit that fit him when he was young. If he runs for president again, I'd like to see him spend at least a few grand on a set of custom-designed suit coats that make him look more presidential. Maybe he's a bit unusually shaped, but surely that can be hidden.

fisharmor
02-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Regarding the age issue, one detail that has always distracted me while watching him speak is that his suit coats never seem to fit quite right around his shoulders. The effect is to make him look like an old man wearing an old suit that fit him when he was young. If he runs for president again, I'd like to see him spend at least a few grand on a set of custom-designed suit coats that make him look more presidential. Maybe he's a bit unusually shaped, but surely that can be hidden.

Ditto. It seems like he always looks best in winter, when he's wearing a thick sweater under his coat.
I remember seeing him on Leno, and he fiddled with his coat buttons, buttoning it and unbuttoning it as he walked out to the couch. I could care less, but my wife thought it was awful.

Every president has foibles - W couldn't form sentences, Ford tripped over his own feet, and Bush I basically made Dana Carvey's career... but that's all AFTER winning. The good Dr. needs a lot of coaching so that he doesn't show that stuff while he's campaigning.

Personally, I think one of the best things he could do if he's going to run again is show video of him jogging, supposing he still does. Maybe juxtapose it with a shot of Obama having a cigarette. That might downplay the age issue.

hillertexas
02-24-2010, 09:51 AM

excellent point..I see what you are saying:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4385183596_ef2d71d069_o.jpg

Here is a little tough love from a random corner of the intertoobs... I found it while searching for Ron Paul in a new suit:
http://shoeblogs.com/2007/06/30/the-ron-paul-and-his-disgraceful-shoes/

Manolo says, the Manolo’s internet friend Darren sends these pictures of the presidential candidate Ron Paul, and asks the question, “What would the Manolo say?”
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_O2pajSIi_Uw/RolxDPFuoTI/AAAAAAAACwE/WQW8EPh5Wv8/s400/ronpaulshoes.jpg
The Manolo would say, “Ayyyyyyyy!”
He would also hope that the Croc in Chief would be replaced by something better than the Wal-Mart trousers and the ratty Reeboks.

http://shoeblogs.com/2007/07/06/ron-pauls-disgraceful-shoes-redux/

Ron Paul’s Disgraceful Shoes, Redux
By Manolo the Shoeblogger

Manolo says, the matter of the disgraceful shoes of Ron Paul lives on, as the Ron Paul supporters have whipped themselves into the heady froth trying to defend the indefensible.

Ah, but there is push-back from the enlightened. Look, here is the D.C. Pleats telling us why Ron Paul should purchase better shoes.

"There are a lot of Congressmen, businessmen, lawyers, doctors etc. who are 71 years old – and older – who dress professionally every day. I have searched a bit and not found any articles or anything else that would lead me to believe Paul has any sort of health problem in which he would need the extra comfort shoes. I did find out that he wears these sneakers everyday, which is even worse than I thought, just wearing them to a CEAFU reception. But even if he does have a medical situation in which he needs the extra support, there are plenty of manufacturers out there that make classy, well-polished and – dare I say it – comfortable shoes for men in all price ranges.

Here’s my problem, which I really feel Paul doesn’t understand: There is just a certain level of dress and professionalism associated with being in the political-public eye. And this is a completely unpartisan comment – I had issue with President Bush’s terrible outfit when he wore his Crocs and am constantly baffled by Hillary’s wardrobe – but when you are the leader of the free world, or running for that office, you need to present yourself as such. Everyone is looking to you to set the example; you are quite literally the icon of America. Now I know Bush has made quite a few political fumbles in the past six plus years, but in general, he’s dressed well while making them. He had to, he was on camera, and if Ron Paul chooses to put himself in that limelight he better act and dress the part. "

And this is exactly what the Manolo (and any sensible person) would say about the clothing and the fashion.

In the fact, the Manolo has referred to this in the past as the Paradox of Not Caring

"[C]laiming to not care about the clothes, to not be concerned about what one wears, is the paradox, for the clothes worn by one who claims not to care make as much the statement as those worn by one who dresses with purpose.

These inescapable facts obtain: that clothes are always necessary, and that others they will always judge us by them. These are the reasons why the Manolo he would have you dress with the purpose, to consider carefully what you would wear, and to think about the effect your clothes, and how you wear, them will have on others.

Of the course, this does not mean that you must dress to please others, nor that you should follow the lowing herd, but rather that you should be conscious of the image you are projecting.

For the example, if you wish to project the image of carefree disdain for the high fashion, be aware that your dirty t-shirt of the Oakland Raiders, torn sweat pants, and flip-flops may not be conveying that exact message, may in the stead be saying to the by passer, “Cross to the other side of the street, lest this person’s disdain for personal hygiene and grooming infect you with the parasites.”

Manolo says, the fashion, it is not the nuclear rocket brain surgery."

Ron Paul’s cheap shoes and his sloppy clothes say that he is not the serious person, that he does not care that the image he projects is of the small town, small time appliance salesman. Yes, this look is perhaps what endears him to his arm-waving and humorless supporters, but it inspires no confidence in the saner and more adult members of society.

Finally, as the example of how the change of clothes can completely alter how one regards the person, the Manolo gives you PopoZão.

P.S. From the Manolo’s internet friend Miss Janey comes this response, Honestly, when did it become desirable to look undesirable?

rp08orbust
02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I just happened upon this:

Ron Paul is the unlikeliest of political stars. A doctor by training, he is a reserved, soft-spoken septuagenarian with ill-fitting suits and no particular charisma.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/02/24/adam-daifallah-the-rise-of-ron-paul.aspx#ixzz0gTJvySPv

ShowMeLiberty
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
All he needs is a really good speech/vocal coach. Really. Make sure the coach has some experience in theatre. Start asap. I suspect he is already working with one as his enunciation has gotten better...but he could use more help IMO.

He needs to slow down and be more concise as well. In his speeches, up the amount of sound bytes, reduce the trailing details. It was hard for me to follow his speech at CPAC from about the midway point...and I've heard like a million RP speeches.

Ditto. It seems like he always looks best in winter, when he's wearing a thick sweater under his coat.
I remember seeing him on Leno, and he fiddled with his coat buttons, buttoning it and unbuttoning it as he walked out to the couch. I could care less, but my wife thought it was awful.

I have to agree with all of this. It shouldn't matter so much, but it really does.

Setting aside the obvious differences due to age, compare Ron and Rand as candidates based on appearance and speaking skills only. Rand wins hands down. You know he's seriously trying to win and any idjit can follow what he's saying.

Deborah K
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
bumpity

Juan McCain
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Ron will run if Rand wins in Kentucky.

While it would be after Rand's win in Kentucky . . .
and it is right now probably about 10 months before Romney and Palin would officially announce . . .
(Ron Paul officially announced and filed his FEC papers for 2008 election in March 2007) . . .

Where would Ron Paul announce ?

I think he had a very good show when on with Leno in November 2007 . . .
and Ron Paul is a great guest for Leno - it was fun.

RP has friends and support in California - even if maybe not Aaaarnold.

tekkierich
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
I couldn't agree with this statement more. Delays of purchased and free supplies from the national campaign were outrageous.

We should seriously get together our own print shop. Do we have any experience around these parts with high volume printing / chloroplast sign making?

The new campaign finance rules (or lack of them) could make for a very interesting entity that focused on nothing but professional campaign materials, and their quick delivery nationwide.

Juan McCain
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
. . . Delays of purchased and free supplies from the national campaign were outrageous.

We should seriously get together our own print shop. Do we have any experience around these parts with high volume printing / chloroplast sign making?

. . . make for a very interesting entity that focused on nothing but professional campaign materials, and their quick delivery nationwide.

There have been some local/regional efforts that did end up making their own signs and banners -
. . . even buttons as at the Ames Straw poll with the "granny-mobile" folks that drove up . . .
some campaign materials were for slight charge, and some did just make stuff for their own use -
grassroots efforts are a force.

But yes, a few "trademark/very recognizable"-type of national campaign materials are important -
as is good organization of the national grassroots efforts.

Free-lancers are fine and should not at all be discouraged in any efforts -
those are from the heart.

It's all good !

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/panamajohn/RPwasRight.jpg

Deborah K
03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Bumpity

rp08orbust
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
If you want to make sure Ron keeps not dismissing 2012 presidential runs, make sure he wins this: http://battleofneworleans2010.com/

tangent4ronpaul
03-09-2010, 08:33 PM
17. I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters.

I've got a better idea now, but it would require secrecy/surprise for maximum impact as well as some R&D... secrecy + fund raising are fairly incomparable. That's one I have not resolved.

There are 89 beltways in the country of which most people only traverse half of on a given day. The national highway system is 5 across and 7 up - that's 35 intersections. (89 x 2) + 35 = 173 units x 2,000 - 5,000 ea = 346,000 - 865,000... too much... perhaps only one per beltway and selective placement might get it into the 100,000 range.

This would reach 1/3 to 1/2 of the US population on any given day according to back of the envelope extrapolation of beltway traffic. More on a holiday with travel. It also has the potential to get better media exposure than the blimp... Think Orson Wells... :D

-t

Don't Tread on Mike
03-10-2010, 12:41 AM

one thing i know for sure is that ron needs to combat the "crazy old man appreance". when he talks calmly and doesn't get worked up he comes across as respectable and intelligent to the public. i would have thought he was crazy too until Jeremy "enlightened" me.

pacelli
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
bump

rp08orbust
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Is it just me, or has Ron been wearing better-looking suits lately? See his recent appearances on Obamacare.

Cinderella
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Bump

FSP-Rebel
04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
bump

AdamT
04-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Buttons arrived. Oh, it's on.

http://forlibertymovie.com/images/rp2012.jpg

rprprs
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
OOOOH, nice!
Hope they were ordered by the truckload! :D

AdamT
04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
If anyone wants buttons, find Rob Pepe Ⓐ (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1656020587) on Facebook. He designed and had them made. I believe you have to be logged into FB for the link to work.

robpatozz
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Buttons arrived. Oh, it's on.

http://forlibertymovie.com/images/rp2012.jpg

100's available...1000s more to come!

leonster
04-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Those are some classy-looking buttons. Nice old-time, return-to-better-days, vibe to them. I like!

Deborah K
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mrdw2h.jpg

Loooove those buttons!!

Elwar
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Come at it from all fronts...the R3VOLUTION is back!!!

YouTube - Ron Paul 2012 begins now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_PNepSs6o&feature=player_embedded)

rp08orbust
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Bump

Deborah K
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Based on this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=252260

It seems it may be time to resurrect this thread...

Son of Detroit
07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Most importantly, make sure you are eligible to vote in the primaries. Nothing would suck more to find out you can't vote for Ron in your state if you're not a registered Republican. Be aware of the laws in your state, and if you need to switch parties to vote, do it NOW.

virgil47
07-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Dr. Paul needs to either crap or get off the pot. Dithering around until the last minute doesn't serve the voters or our country. If he is not running let us know so we can throw our support behind another freedom candidate and do so while it will do some good.

mello
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
If you make a compilation video be sure to add that clip of Dr. Paul when he was on Morning Joe. In
the clip Joe quotes from his book about a statement that Dr. Paul made to the Banking committee in
2002 where he explained how Freddie & Fannie were going to implode. Follow that with a quick cut
of a 2008 CNBC or FBN story of the actual implosion.

RM918
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Dr. Paul needs to either crap or get off the pot. Dithering around until the last minute doesn't serve the voters or our country. If he is not running let us know so we can throw our support behind another freedom candidate and do so while it will do some good.

How many people have announced to run for the 2012 election so far?

sofia
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM
we need to realize that Ron has ZERO chance of winning the GOP primaries.

The GOP loves killing Arab women and babies too much to ever elect him.

Our realistic aim should be to win 15%-20% of GOP vote....and then parlay that into an independent run.

Independents will vote for Ron.....neo con Limbaugh-ites wont

WaltM
07-08-2010, 02:24 PM
what the F is he waiting for???

do we need to start a "we pledge our donations to Dr. Paul ONLY IF he announces his run by _________" otherwise "let me go buy some beers, kick back and forget all this"

freshjiva
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I intend on bicycling across the nation sometime around late spring/early summer of 2011.

Through my journey, I intend to speak to as many people as possible about why a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the Constitution, limited government, low taxes, sound and stable money, and ending the wars. And yes, I will be passing through the heart of the great Iowan plains :)

This will be my small but personally unique contribution to the Liberty movement and to Dr. Ron Paul.

Pennsylvania
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
what the F is he waiting for???

do we need to start a "we pledge our donations to Dr. Paul ONLY IF he announces his run by _________" otherwise "let me go buy some beers, kick back and forget all this"

He's waiting til after the midterm elections, wanting people to stay focused on those candidates. I'd say if we don't know shortly thereafter, your ultimatum would be appropriate.

virgil47
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
How many people have announced to run for the 2012 election so far?

None that I am aware of however if he is to have any chance at the nomination he needs a running start. He needs to attract as much good attention as possible for name recognition and to fight and destroy any negative propaganda that may be forth coming from any and all parties. He also "MUST" learn to give clear concise answers to questions that may be put to him in any debates he participates in. If he waits till the last minute to announce there will not be time to effectively combat any negative press he may(will) receive before the elections. He must become the second coming of the founders of this nation and do so convincingly. If he is not willing to let it all hang out and prepare as well as humanly possible he will be just another also ran. 10 to 20% of the vote is totally unacceptable! All that will accomplish is give the neos a stronger hold on the GOP and make true conservatives look like fools.

tangent4ronpaul
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Helping him get that running start - Waking up the Meetups:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=252259

-t

Deborah K
08-16-2010, 05:01 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mrdw2h.jpg

pacelli
08-16-2010, 05:21 PM
This thread has the potential to be the most important thread in the history of RPFs, considering it contains so many direct changes from 2008 grassroots activism. I hope Ron runs in 2012, and I hope this thread influences a multitude of activists.

Volitzer
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
The Constitution Party and Libertarian Party need to work together to get Ron Paul elected now more than ever.

Legend1104
08-16-2010, 07:46 PM
One benefit to him running in 2012 as opposed to 2008 is the war and economy. I hate to say it but his war stance turned off a lot of neo-con repubs. (sad to say that I was one of them because I had not seen the light yet). Now, the wars are not the center issue, the economy is. The majority of neo-cons will agree with his economy message and the war will be in the back seat (not saying he should/will not bring it up because he believes that the needless military spending is one of the central reasons for our problem, but it will not be the focus of debates).

YumYum
08-16-2010, 07:54 PM
One benefit to him running in 2012 as opposed to 2008 is the war and economy. I hate to say it but his war stance turned off a lot of neo-con repubs. (sad to say that I was one of them because I had not seen the light yet). Now, the wars are not the center issue, the economy is. The majority of neo-cons will agree with his economy message and the war will be in the back seat (not saying he should/will not bring it up because he believes that the needless military spending is one of the central reasons for our problem, but it will not be the focus of debates).

Ron Paul wants to end all foreign aid. The Republicans want no part of that. For Ron Paul to get the majority of the Republican's support he cannot mention ending foreign aid in his campaign speeches.

Legend1104
08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Ron Paul wants to end all foreign aid. The Republicans want no part of that. For Ron Paul to get the majority of the Republican's support he cannot mention ending foreign aid in his campaign speeches.

What if he called it foreign bailouts?

Deborah K
08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Bumpity

Matt Collins
08-18-2010, 03:07 PM
YouTube - The Alex Jones Show Wed 08.18.2010 part-5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoOOK6StuY&feature=player_embedded)

Ron basically said the following at 3:05 into the above video:

"[an announcement] will not be this year.....[whether or not I'll do it] will depend on what I perceive as [the level] of support.... I need to know if the support is really out there"

AJ (or DP) was incorrect however that anyone specified January would be the announcement time. Also there is no "inside official" as AJ/DP claims either.

Get ready because once we get Rand into the Senate by a large margin, 2012 will be just around the corner!

Matt Collins
08-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh and what Ron just essentially said in case anyone didn't catch it is that the grassroots needs to get their act in gear before he'll announce. That means it's in our hands so get to work doing this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257354)!

Marc
08-18-2010, 11:41 PM

Can we address that?

This might not address that problem completely, but a lot of people cut and pasted Rons head onto the bodies of Hollywood film characters to make him appear like Super Man and and other heroes. I created a video of Ron as Bruce Lee whacking Mitt Romney with nunchucks and it got a ton of hits on YouTube. Though it's probably only going to persuade the college crowd to look into him, they are usually seen as funny and light hearted because they are so absurd.

Matt Collins
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul Will Run in 2012? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgu1xV8cIqw&feature=player_embedded)

pacelli
08-20-2010, 05:04 AM

Can we address that?

If that's the case, then none of the republican candidates were "presidential enough" when the votes were rigged (I mean, counted). So, by that logic Romney is not presidential enough either. Obama was the only candidate who was "presidential enough" to win, therefore, does the person claiming RP is not "presidential enough" want to just re-elect Obama?

Matt Collins
08-20-2010, 09:28 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul to announce for president 2012? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYqED6FVVU)

Deborah K
08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
If that's the case, then none of the republican candidates were "presidential enough" when the votes were rigged (I mean, counted). So, by that logic Romney is not presidential enough either. Obama was the only candidate who was "presidential enough" to win, therefore, does the person claiming RP is not "presidential enough" want to just re-elect Obama?

I'm talking about his delivery and appearance. He was criticized for things like his suits hanging on him and his grandfatherly demeanor (taking too long to make a point) not being "presidential" enough. This is what I mean by helping people overcome their "style over substance" mental blocks and pay more attention to the message.

Matt Collins
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul 2012 - Let the Race Begin! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-lIYERors&feature=player_embedded)

Deborah K
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow Matt! I like it!

Eric21ND
08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
1. We need to win or place strongly (top 3) in the Ames straw poll. The money we spend winning it will pay for itself in the free media attention it garners. We need to ORGANIZE and bus our supporters into Ames. We need to set up carpooling, etc in every town in Iowa so not one Ron Paul supporter misses the opportunity to cast a vote for Ron.

2. We need to plan a huge money bomb/kick off party for the day Ron announces his candidacy. Ron needs to be the front runner in money and donations from the start. I think $10 million is a realistic goal if we promote it.

3. We need the campaign to purchase an offical campaign bus, preferably several of them, fully furnished and painted nicely so they can serve as our command centers. We should station one in Iowa, New Hamshire, South Carolina, and one out west, Nevada possible. Like I said I'd prefer 4 buses, but we could live with 2 if we had to.

4. We need to carter private planes for Ron, so we can keep his energy level high and get him across the country wherever he's needed (Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, etc)

5. We have to figure out a way to get our most inspirational youtubes shown on the air or at least a DVD in the hands of all early primary voters.

Galileo Galilei
08-26-2010, 10:29 AM
1. We need to win or place strongly (top 3) in the Ames straw poll. The money we spend winning it will pay for itself in the free media attention it garners. We need to ORGANIZE and bus our supporters into Ames. We need to set up carpooling, etc in every town in Iowa so not one Ron Paul supporter misses the opportunity to cast a vote for Ron.

Ron really needs to win the Iowa straw poll, and he can. He got 1305 votes last time, and Romney won with 4516 votes. But last time was before all the moneybombs and all the publicity. Last time, Ron was excluded from the debate at the event, but this time the Iowa GOP has been taken over in their last elections by several Ron Paul supporters or tea partiers, 11 of the 15 seats of the Iowa GOP central committee changed hands in the last election. In 1999, Bush git around 8000 votes. I think Ron can get 8000 Iowans to vote for him, maybe even 10,000. His major competiton will be Romney who is spending money already in Iowa and organizing, Huckabee, who got 2nd last time, and also comes into this race much stronger than last time, and Pawlenty who is from next door in Minnesota and has made dozens of trips there.

2. We need to plan a huge money bomb/kick off party for the day Ron announces his candidacy. Ron needs to be the front runner in money and donations from the start. I think $10 million is a realistic goal if we promote it.

Isn't there already a $10 million dollar moneybomb set for December 16, set up by Trevor Lyman?

And what's up with the Value Voters Summit?

erowe1
08-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Ron really needs to win the Iowa straw poll, and he can. He got 1305 votes last time, and Romney won with 4516 votes. But last time was before all the moneybombs and all the publicity. Last time, Ron was excluded from the debate at the event, but this time the Iowa GOP has been taken over in their last elections by several Ron Paul supporters or tea partiers, 11 of the 15 seats of the Iowa GOP central committee changed hands in the last election. In 1999, Bush git around 8000 votes. I think Ron can get 8000 Iowans to vote for him, maybe even 10,000. His major competiton will be Romney who is spending money already in Iowa and organizing, Huckabee, who got 2nd last time, and also comes into this race much stronger than last time, and Pawlenty who is from next door in Minnesota and has made dozens of trips there.

But it doesn't have to be Iowans, does it? I thought anybody could come from anywhere to vote in the straw poll.

We could easily get far more votes for Ron Paul than anyone has ever gotten. The Rally for the Republic had over 10,000 there, and there would have been more if not for the limited capacity of the venue. I don't see any reason we can't beat that and make Ames 2011 like a Ron Paul version of Woodstock.

Romulus
08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
If that's the case, I'll be there.

erowe1
08-26-2010, 10:38 AM
If that's the case, I'll be there.

Sorry. I was wrong. Voters do have to be legal residents of Iowa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_Straw_Poll

Libertydad88
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Move now and gain residency :D

fatjohn
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM

So how is that going to work?
If there is a mediablitz to promote this bomb then certainly some commentator will ask ron that his supporters seem to be quite certain that he’ll run and then he either says he’ll run which he wont because its not the day of the moneybomb yet and that would be a total anti-climax or he says he wont which would give a reason to his not so die hard supporters to maybe not donate due to the uncertainty.
Although thinking about it, it could be quite genius if it’s played well by Ron and there is a lot of confusion about whether he will or won’t run, the grassroots could possibly turn that into an exciting thriller.

erowe1
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
If there is a mediablitz to promote this bomb then certainly some commentator will ask ron that his supporters seem to be quite certain that he’ll run and then he either says he’ll run which he wont because its not the day of the moneybomb yet and that would be a total anti-climax or he says he wont which would give a reason to his not so die hard supporters to maybe not donate due to the uncertainty.
Although thinking about it, it could be quite genius if it’s played well by Ron and there is a lot of confusion about whether he will or won’t run, the grassroots could possibly turn that into an exciting thriller.

The idea scenario would be to plan it not for the exact day he announces, but for Dec. 16th of this year, if only we could expect him to announce before that and have a site up by then that's ready to accept online donations and show them in real time. Unfortunately, he said recently that he definitely wouldn't make his mind up any time in 2010.

One option would be to have one or two days ready in early 2011.

But another thing is that, whether it's a planned money bomb or not, you know he'll have a lot of supporters who will be ready and waiting to make a donation the first chance they get. I expect that the day he starts collecting online donations at an official campaign site will be a big donation day automatically.

freshjiva
08-26-2010, 11:00 AM

3. We need the campaign to purchase an offical campaign bus, preferably several of them, fully furnished and painted nicely so they can serve as our command centers. We should station one in Iowa, New Hamshire, South Carolina, and one out west, Nevada possible. Like I said I'd prefer 4 buses, but we could live with 2 if we had to.

4. We need to carter private planes for Ron, so we can keep his energy level high and get him across the country wherever he's needed (Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, etc)

5. We have to figure out a way to get our most inspirational youtubes shown on the air or at least a DVD in the hands of all early primary voters.

All great ideas. I support them 100%! All I know is that when we have the first moneybomb, I will give the maximum donation permitted by law.

Hopefully we get a much better campaign manager this time around. Some of the commercials they ran (especially the one in New Hampshire) were horrid and probably turned off some voters. We need to hire a cutting edge AV director who can create some serious media content to flood YouTube, TV, radio, Google ads, billboards along major Interstate highways, and thousands of lawn signs.

I think one thing we can do somewhat differently to attract a larger Republican base is to make more connections between Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan. Yes, we in the Liberty movement criticize Reagan for expanding the size of government, but we need to make inroads with Republicans if we want to reform the party back to its "old right" roots.

Libertydad88
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
All great ideas. I support them 100%! All I know is that when we have the first moneybomb, I will give the maximum donation permitted by law.

Hopefully we get a much better campaign manager this time around. Some of the commercials they ran (especially the one in New Hampshire) were horrid and probably turned off some voters. We need to hire a cutting edge AV director who can create some serious media content to flood YouTube, TV, radio, Google ads, billboards along major Interstate highways, and thousands of lawn signs.

I think one thing we can do somewhat differently to attract a larger Republican base is to make more connections between Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan. Yes, we in the Liberty movement criticize Reagan for expanding the size of government, but we need to make inroads with Republicans if we want to reform the party back to its "old right" roots.

I know for a fact that you edited that post, yet by some sorcery it does not say :confused:

Anyways, there are many talented A/V, CG guys out there that would be more than happy to help put together some spectacular media. They just need to come together and make it official.

Regarding the moneybomb, it seems to me like the sooner we can post it on the internet, the better success it will have.

Meh on Reagan... not a bad idea, but if Ron's going to be bashing everyone on principles, can we really try to compare him to a moderate?

freshjiva
08-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I know for a fact that you edited that post, yet by some sorcery it does not say :confused:

Anyways, there are many talented A/V, CG guys out there that would be more than happy to help put together some spectacular media. They just need to come together and make it official.

Regarding the moneybomb, it seems to me like the sooner we can post it on the internet, the better success it will have.

Meh on Reagan... not a bad idea, but if Ron's going to be bashing everyone on principles, can we really try to compare him to a moderate?

LOL, you're right, I did edit the post, hehe. But it was because the image I tried to post didn't show up.

Here is a poster I just created:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/439/libertyprosperitypeace.jpg

Epic
08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Latest Polls

Fully Updated:

POLL TRACKER

State polls:
10% in Alaska (PPP, August 27-28 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/09/palin-2012-in-alaska.html
7% in Louisiana (PPP, August 21-22 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/08/vitter-headed-for-romp.html
7% in Illinois (PPP, August 14-15 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/08/looking-at-santorum-bid.html
8% in Pennsylvania (PPP, August 14-15 2010, 5 choices, RP gets 6% when Santorum included) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/08/looking-at-santorum-bid.html
5% in Iowa (Lohuizen for theiowarepublican.com, August 2010, 10 choices) http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/mike-huckabee-early-iowa-front.html?wprss=thefix
13% in New Hampshire (PPP, July 23-25 2010, 7 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/07/romney-continues-to-lead-in-nh.html
7% in Nevada (PPP, July 16-18 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/07/2012-floridanevada-gop-numbes.html
6% in Florida (PPP, July 16-18 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/07/2012-floridanevada-gop-numbes.html
11% in Pennsylvania (PPP, June 19-21 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/little-support-for-perry-pres-bid.html
8% in Texas (PPP, June 19-21 2010, 6 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/little-support-for-perry-pres-bid.html
10% in Texas (PPP, June 19-21 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/little-support-for-perry-pres-bid.html
7% in Iowa (PPP, May 31 2010, 7 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/early-republican-numbers.html
7% in South Carolina (PPP, May 31 2010, 6 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/early-republican-numbers.html
6% in Michigan (PPP, May 31 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/early-republican-numbers.html
6% in New Hampshire (Magellan, May 2010, 7 choices) http://www.magellanstrategies.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Magellan-New-Hampshire-GOP-US-Senate-Primary-Survey-Release-0528101.pdf
10% in California (PPP, May 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/gingrich-looking-serious.html
9% in Colorado (PPP, May 2010, 5 choices) http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_CO_518.pdf (PDF)
8% in North Carolina (PPP, May 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/looking-at-our-gop-polling.html
8% in Kentucky (PPP, May 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-still-up-big.html
6% in Kentucky (PPP, May 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-continues-to-lead-big.html
9% in Arizona (PPP, April 2010, 5 choices ) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/04/2012-gop-in-arizona.html
7% in New Hampshire (PPP, April 2010, 8 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/04/romney-up-big-in-new-hampshire.html

National Polls:
4% (PPP August 2010 5 choices): http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/08/republican-jumble.html
10% (CNN August 2010 9 choices): http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/cnn-poll-whos-on-top-in-hunt-for-2012-gop-nomination/
7% (PPP July 2010, 5 choices): http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/07/gingrich-leads.html
6% (PPP June 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/monthly-gop-poll.html
8% (PPP May 2010, 5 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/jumble-for-gop.html
8% (CNN April 2010, 9 choices): http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/04/13/rel7d.pdf (PDF)
11% (PPP March 2010, 4 choices) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/03/romney-leads-tight-republican-race.html
8% (CNN March 2010 9 choices) http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/03/25/rel5i.pdf (PDF)
2% (Gallup February 2010, open-ended poll) http://www.gallup.com/poll/125777/Voters-Divided-Obama-Republican-Candidate-2012.aspx

Versus Obama:
Obama(D) 42 Romney(R) 36 Paul(I) 13 (PPP August 2010) http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/cnn-poll-whos-on-top-in-hunt-for-2012-gop-nomination/http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/08/monthly-2012.html
Obama 46 Paul 36 (PPP June 2010, Paul wins indeps 46-28) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/obama-up-in-2012-contests.html
Obama 42 Paul 41 (Rasmussen March 2010, highlighted by Drudge) http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41
Obama 46 Paul 38 (PPP November 2009) http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/11/monthly-2012-numbers.html

Libertydad88
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
LOL, you're right, I did edit the post, hehe. But it was because the image I tried to post didn't show up.

I think it looks neat, but my mother LOVES it. She says that it would have erased the many stereotypes that she associated with him in the '08 elections.

Goes to show how much I know...

Deborah K
08-26-2010, 01:20 PM

As AF loves to say.......This poster is full of win!!! :D

Romulus
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM
^ great poster.

I think its good to link with Reagan to get across the notion of true conservative ideals that Ron has. That will be a huge win. Its just what this country needs now, a new Reagan (speaking in terms of getting out of the Carter/Obama mess).

aknappjr
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
FUNDRAISING IS KEY

Ron Paul's fundraising growth was exponential in 2007-2008. Lets start the exponential growth 10 months earlier for 2011-2012.

One of the reasons Paul got as much media attention that he got in 2007-2008 (especially later in 2007) was his ability to harness our grassroots financial support - support that is reported and is one of few things the media covering the election has to cover. Lets make Ron the frontrunner financially EARLY and he WILL NOT be ignored.

Timeline of events:

January 2011 Ron Paul forms exploratory committee

Q1 2011 starts Jan 1 - March 31 2011, and is reported on April 15.

This is analgous to Q1 2007 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/finance/2007/q1/) where Ron raised $639k:
Republicans $53,204,874
Mitt Romney $20,737,149
Rudy Giuliani $14,731,897
John McCain $12,992,655
Tom Tancredo $1,311,533
Ron Paul $639,889
Mike Huckabee $544,880
Duncan Hunter $499,874
Tommy Thompson $315,036

OUR Goal starting THE DAY HE ANNOUNCES FORMING AN EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE should be to raise at least $10 million dollars by March 2011. (Q1)

Q2 2011 - Our goal should be $20 million to keep him in frontrunner status:

Results from Q2 2007 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/finance/2007/q2/)
Republicans $49,673,752
Rudy Giuliani $17,267,287
Mitt Romney $13,793,151
John McCain $11,187,821
Ron Paul $2,357,423
Tom Tancredo $1,465,776
Duncan Hunter $803,383
Mike Huckabee $763,618
Tommy Thompson $458,967

Q3 2011 - The ball shall continue to roll, and the freedom movement shall envelope this country.

Here's Q3 2007: (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/finance/2007/q3/)
Republicans $47,464,436
Fred Thompso$12,717,993
Rudy Giuliani $11,253,552
Mitt Romney $9,533,269
John McCain $5,466,904
Ron Paul $5,204,218
Mike Huckabee $1,031,679
Tom Tancredo $747,539
Duncan Hunter $486,337
Tommy Thompson $195,725
Alan Keyes $21,218

Ron Paul got most of his fundraising in Q4 2007 - when it mattered the least fundraising-wise - the numbers aren't published until mid-January, when the early primaries are already over and the game is up and he's been called a "long-shot" too many times to remember. Lets change the MSM's adjective of choice from "long-shot" to "moneybags" and "wildly popular."

Most of Ron Paul's $34 million came at the end, in November and December of 2007, when it was too late to do as much good as EARLIER.

Imagine if Ron, instead of raising $25 million in November and December and January had gotten it 8-10 months earlier! We'd have at least double the support we have now, Paul would be even more of a household name - the freedom movement would have been in a stronger position - who knows what would have happened!?

The government (Federal Election Commission) dictates individuals can give a maximum of $2400 per person ($4800 per married couple). (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/citizens.shtml#fn2)

A few suggestions:
START SAVING NOW.
1. I'm maxing out and encouraging my friends to do the same. In a fight there are times to save onto your ammo and times to fire with all you've got - Jan 2011 lets fire the shot heard around the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord_Hymn).

2. Join your local tea party and tell them Ron Paul started the modern tea party movement. Lets earn their hearts and minds.

3. I posit that a money bomb should be planned for some time in Jan, Feb., or March 2011 to put our campaign in a competitive position and gain financial-frontrunner status.

4. Meetup groups

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/ - note all the major money bombs occurred 10 months before they MUST this time around. This is necessary, but not sufficient, to win.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_all_time_total.png?911.png
For math geeks, lets shift the curve to the left.

Info on primaries: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/

Better list of suggestions:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

Avery J. Knapp Jr., M.D.
Helped run the Greater NYC Ron Paul Action Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/campaignforlibertynyc/) (and helped start it in May 2007, end of Q2, shortly after I heard about Ron Paul).

Matt Collins
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
FUNDRAISING IS KEY

A few suggestions:
START SAVING NOW.
1. I'm maxing out and encouraging my friends to do the same. In a fight there are times to save onto your ammo and times to fire with all you've got - Jan 2011 lets fire the shot heard around the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord_Hymn).

4. Meetup groups

Avery J. Knapp Jr., M.D.
Helped run the Greater NYC Ron Paul Action Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/campaignforlibertynyc/) (and helped start it in May 2007, end of Q2, shortly after I heard about Ron Paul).

Avery thank you for posting this. I have put it into other threads. You should consider starting your own thread on this in the RP 2012 forum!

speciallyblend
09-08-2010, 06:22 AM
beckin, Towelie says Don't forget to Register Republican, Become a Delegate and Get Involved!!! wanna get high?

YouTube - South Park- Towelie Quotes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6EHCrgZC0)

Eric21ND
09-08-2010, 06:54 AM

Ideally the campaign should hire 10 of the most talented grassroots video makers and provide them the equipment and resources to churn out top quality video for the campaign. We need a video team following Ron around the country just shooting and shooting video, to be edited later for use in campaign commercials, etc.

One of the most frustrating aspects to the campaign in 2008 was all the inspirational and informative youtube videos created by the grassroots, were never seen by voters at large. What is going on here? Didn't 99% of the grassroots learn of Ron, and eventually overwhelmingly support him from these emotional videos? They need to be seen by a larger audience of people who aren't internet political junkies and college kids in their dorm. Get them on steady rotation in the early primary states. We can atune the message to a given state and national climate at that time. I don't care if they have to play at 6:00am on public access. Get them to the masses.

Eric21ND
09-08-2010, 06:58 AM
I think you just created the 2012 campaign moniker :eek:

Eric21ND
09-08-2010, 07:05 AM
There is pledge bomb going on already...although they call it a money bomb and list Dec 16th as a date, which I think confuses people.

All you have to do is make a pledge site, get upwards of 50,000 people, preferably much more, to say they will donate whenever Ron annouces or on this proposed date of 1/11/11 (and the catch being to donate $111.11). I personally think we should create a website promoting a money bomb on that date with the specifics listed. Who knows, I'm sure Ron would catch wind of it and would probably plan his annoucement accordingly.

Eric21ND
09-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I also suggest a money bomb calendar so we can avoid grassroots confusion and pissing contests.

Let's debate the number of money bombs for fiscal year 2011 and the dates, so we don't have to do it on the fly like usual.

Deborah K
10-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Bump for more ideas.

libertygrl
10-05-2010, 03:49 PM

One of the mistakes I can remember is that we seemed to always be on the defensive because many of us were political novices. The opposition would take us by surprise by some of the tactics they used. Maybe it would be a good idea to "prepare and be aware" of those tactics a head of time. Just my 2 cents.

libertygrl
10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
My opinion:
Play offense not defense.

EXACTLY! See my post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2917522&posted=1#post2917522

libertygrl
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM

Can we address that?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can ever really change that perception. Ron Paul is authentic as they come and that's just who he is. Many people who think like that are not really educated about the issues anyway. I say that he has more clout now and more people have seen him on television so it will be a little better than last time.

The only thing I can think of is to reference/show all the things he spoke about during his presidential run. How his opponents ridiculed him and yet his predictions came true today. Someone should find the clip where all the candidates were asked how the economy was doing and they all responded it was fine - except Ron Paul.

Matt Collins
10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
One of the mistakes I can remember is that we seemed to always be on the defensive because many of us were political novices. The opposition would take us by surprise by some of the tactics they used. Maybe it would be a good idea to "prepare and be aware" of those tactics a head of time. Just my 2 cents.
The way to combat this?
Watch every CFL training video on the site!

eok321
10-05-2010, 04:53 PM
A 2 day moneybomb on the day before and on the day of the Ames Straw Poll.

2. If a relatively undecided iowan turns up to vote and sees a giant live ticker outside our tent showing us raising millions as the day goes on- he/she may be swayed by our fundraising strength and enthusiasm

MelissaCato
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM

2. If a relatively undecided iowan turns up to vote and see's a live ticker outside our tent showing us raising millions as the day goes on- he/she may be swayed by our fundraising strength and enthusiasm

Ya and we can bet that Russia Today is more than willing to participate in another Ron Paul POTUS Campaign. If all else fails in the American Media we have Russia Today on our side. Thank YOU Putin, at least !!!!

This is what happened last campaign, Russia Today aired Ron Paul for the Revolution from the beginning and directly encouraged our own MSM to do the same. Our MSM failed us until after the general election was over. Bummer.

If Russia Today was a cable news channel in America back then, we could have used them for our canvassing in 2007-2008 to back up Ron Paul media wise. Maybe we should just demand it awhile !!!

Now we have the Judge and Freedom Watch, but I still don't trust anyone to be for real.

Sorry.

Ron Paul 2012 !!!

MelissaCato
10-05-2010, 05:20 PM

See naw I did exactly that. On the defensive the entire time with my own little tactics and now look ... you don't think the people that did wake up since then are not NOW on America's defensive ?

Works both ways my friend. :D

Matt Collins
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM

2. If a relatively undecided iowan turns up to vote and see's a live ticker outside our tent showing us raising millions as the day goes on- he/she may be swayed by our fundraising strength and enthusiasm
When is the Ames Straw Poll?

Freedom of Speech
10-05-2010, 06:33 PM
When is the Ames Straw Poll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_Straw_Poll

"The Ames Straw Poll is a straw poll that takes place in Ames, Iowa, on a Saturday in August of years in an election cycle in which the Republican presidential nomination seems to be undecided (that is, in years without an incumbent Republican President running for re-election). Though several different pre-Iowa Caucus straw polls take place in Iowa, the Ames Straw Poll is by far the most prominent, because it draws voters from all over the state rather than just the local area (Ames is near the geographic center of Iowa, making travel there more convenient), and is thus also commonly known as the Iowa Straw Poll. "

Pauls' Revere
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
His trip to Iowa later this month, and "if's" to if he will run for 2012.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20101005/pl_dailycaller/ronpaulbookstriptoiowae28094butwillherunforpreside ntin2012_1;_ylc=X3oDMTEwb3AybDhpBF9TAzIwMjM4Mjc1Mj QEZW1haWxJZAMxMjg2MzI0ODM3

But 2012 is certainly on Paul’s mind. As for what it would take to get him to run, Paul has maintained that he’d be more likely to run if the economy is still in shambles and troops are still bogged down in Afghanistan.

Deborah K
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Bump!!! Another indication that he is receptive to another run!

YouTube - Tea Party's Post-Election Plan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FJHRaamWI)

Suzu
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
The way to combat this?

Sage advice indeed! But do more than watch, put the training into practice NOW. It will help with the 2010 elections and serve as a dry run for the larger campaign.

I have no $ right now but if someone will buy a suitable domain, I will start working on a site for a 1-11-11 money bomb event.

I did a quick search, looks like everything close to 1-11-11.xxx is already taken. I also tried 01-11-11.xxx, too, and 11111.xxx. 011111.xxx and every variation that includes "moneybomb" in the domain with the numbers.

So unless someone here has these domains in reserve, we'll need something new and original for the domain.

Deborah K
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
The way to combat this?

How did I miss this? It's up front now.

Deborah K
10-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Sage advice indeed! But do more than watch, put the training into practice NOW. It will help with the 2010 elections and serve as a dry run for the larger campaign.

I have no $ right now but if someone will buy a suitable domain, I will start working on a site for a 1-11-11 money bomb event.

I did a quick search, looks like everything close to 1-11-11.xxx is already taken. I also tried 01-11-11.xxx, too, and 11111.xxx. 011111.xxx and every variation that includes "moneybomb" in the domain with the numbers.

So unless someone here has these domains in reserve, we'll need something new and original for the domain.

Suzu, we should wait until he announces. Yes?

Romulus
10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Thats an epic date for a moneybomb. $11 million? :)

Matt Collins
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Thats an epic date for a moneybomb. $11 million? :)
The problem is that Ron may not have announced at that point. If that's the case, there is no place to deposit funds.

fatjohn
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM

Uhm, isn't .xxx for porn sites? :confused:

trey4sports
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Uhm, isn't .xxx for porn sites? :confused:

.xxx indicated that she had tried all the variations .net, .org, .com, .biz and so forth. Not that she actually was trying to get .xxx

pacelli
10-11-2010, 05:22 PM
If anyone wishes to donate to RP's campaign, practice good conservative values and start saving up money for when his website accepts donations. No off-shoot grassroots "lets convince Ron" websites, PACs, or moneybombs, please.

Suzu
10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Suzu, we should wait until he announces. Yes?

I think he should be made aware of the ideas in this thread, and hopefully persuaded to make an announcement on or before 1-11-11.

If anyone wishes to donate to RP's campaign, practice good conservative values and start saving up money for when his website accepts donations. No off-shoot grassroots "lets convince Ron" websites, PACs, or moneybombs, please.

I agree with the first sentence, pacelli, but what's your reasoning on the second one?

Deborah K
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I think he should be made aware of the ideas in this thread, and hopefully persuaded to make an announcement on or before 1-11-11.

Good idea. Maybe everyone who has contributed in the thread should forward it to his offices?

pacelli
10-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by pacelli

>>If anyone wishes to donate to RP's campaign, practice good conservative values and start saving up money for when his website accepts donations. No off-shoot grassroots "lets convince Ron" websites, PACs, or moneybombs, please.<<

I agree with the first sentence, pacelli, but what's your reasoning on the second one?

Because it opens up a pitfall for people to engage in cash/credit scams as they did during the 2008 campaign. It is an excellent way to derail the grassroots and we saw that occur. I believe Ron Paul Racing scam was set up as a PAC, and the "draft schiff" website was also a PAC. As far as my comment about websites, that was only related to websites that would be designed to accept monetary donations that would be spent in a vague way to "convince ron to run". I'm all in favor of viral websites, just not ones that want money to convince Ron to do anything. If there are any moneybombs, they should be oriented toward Ron Paul's official 2012 campaign website.

mr1
10-15-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd like to suggest a couple changes to the list compiled in the first post of this thread. The suggestions have to do with fundraising and the kick off moneybomb.

I believe that an integral part of the promotion of the first moneybomb should be not just about one big moneybomb, but encouraging people to sign up for an automatic monthly contribution. I think that the goal should be to get 100,000 people to sign up for a $100 monthly contribution, on the moneybomb date. That would give Ron a 10 million dollar day, and a guaranteed $10 million every month. It is a big goal but I think it can be done. And having people committed to monthly contributions will cut down on the need for constant recurring moneybombs.

My personal preference is that the first moneybomb should be Dec 16th 2010.

You can see some of my reasoning here:

No, I do not think it is possible to raise $10 million on the day that Ron announces but I do think it is definitely possible to raise $10 million for the first money bomb after he announces.

Ron has said that he will run based on the support he has. So I think the grassroots needs to promote the already existing pledge sites for the Dec 16th 2010 money bomb:
http://www.runronpaul.com/
http://www.draftronpaul.com/
http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com site
And we need to get over $10 million in pledges for that day. While doing that, it should become clear to Ron Paul that he will need to announce before the money bomb. It also might be nice if an activist could try to get Ron Paul to answer, on tape, this direct question: "Dr. Paul, you have said that your decision to run for president in 2012 will depend on the support that you receive. If we can obtain enough pledges from the grassroots, to have a $10 million money bomb on Dec 16th 2010, and pledges to donate $10 million every month after that, will you be willing to formally announce your presidential campaign at least two weeks before December 16th so that the money bomb can be promoted?"
If we could get him on tape saying yes, then we could promote that around the web in order to get those pledges and them hold him to his word.

We raised $6 million on Dec 16th 2007 and I think we can definitely do $10 million on Dec 16th 2010 if Ron Paul has already announced. I think we might even be able to go for $20 million. And I think a key part of the money bomb will be to try to commit people to not just donate once, but sign up for a monthly contribution. If we met the goal of getting 100,000 to donate $100 each on Dec 16th 2010, we would have a $10 million day. And if each of them also signed up for a recurring monthly contribution of $100, then that would guarantee $10 million every month for the campaign. That would allow the campaign to plan out expenditures very well. And starting in Dec 2010, that would give a total of about 23 months, I think, until the general election in 2012. And so each person that contributed $100 each month would end up donating a total of $2300 (which is under the limit) over the course of the campaign. And if we had 100,000 of those people, that would be $230 Million for the entire campaign. But that could be just the amount that we guarantee to Ron Paul from 100,000 people signing up on Dec 16th 2010. That wouldn't include all the other donors that would come along later. The $230 million is a big goal, but I think it is actually possible.

Could you imagine the headlines if the Ron Paul '12 campaign released a press release on Dec 17th 2010 saying that they raised 10 million dollars in one day, and now have recurring credit card commitments to raise at least 10 million dollars every month of the campaign. That would sure scare away a lot of other candidates I would think, and I would catapult Ron Paul to front runner status overnight.

I thought it might be helpful to look at the announcement dates for all the Republican candidates from the 2008 Presidential Election.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_ candidates,_2008):
Dates of 1)Forming Exploratory Committee and of 2)Official Announcement of Running for President in the 2008 Presidential campaign:

Rudy Guiliani: 11/13/2006 and 2/15/2007
Duncan Hunter: ? and 1/25/2007
Mike Huckabee: ? and 1/28/2007
John McCain: 11/15/2006 and 2/28/2007
Ron Paul: 1/11/2007 and 3/12/2007
Mitt Romney: 1/3/2007 and 2/13/2007
Fred Thompson: 6/1/2007 and 9/5/2007
Sam Brownback: 12/4/2006 and 1/20/2007
Tom Tancredo: 1/16/2007 and ?
Tommy Thompson 12/15/2006 and 4/1/2007

From this list, I think we can assume that the big time candidates for the 2012 run, will form exploratory committees almost immediately after the 2010 elections. For the 2008 campaign, Rudy formed a committee on 11/13/2006 and John McCain did so on 11/15/2006. I think Mitt Romney only waited until 1/3/2007 because he wanted to be out of office first, and that was the exact day that he left office as governor.

So I definitely think Ron should form an exploratory committee within 2 weeks after the 2010 election. However now I am re-thinking parts of an earlier post where I thought Ron should officially announce at the beginning of December so that we could have a big money bomb on Dec 16th. I was previously thinking that in order to effectively promote the moneybomb we would need to have Ron already officially running. But now I'm thinking that we might be able to do it with just the exploratory committee. Who knows, maybe breaking the mold and announcing that early would be a good thing, but it kind of looks like the beginning of December is a little early for an official announcement.

I still think that we can't do the money bomb on the day of the announcement because it doesn't give time to promote it. However, we might be able to do a $10 million money bomb on Dec 16th 2010 (with only having the exploratory committee setup) and then allow Ron to officially announce on Dec 17th, after having raised $10 million and having heard the people speak. That would be great publicity. Dec 17th would still be very early for an official announcement, but not as bad as the beginning of the month, and I think it would be warranted, after having "heard the people speak". And it would still probably give him the chance to be the first to announce and get good publicity and jump to front runner status after having the amazing 10 million dollar day.

Oh, and I want to keep reminding people that in promoting the first moneybomb, I think it is critical that we focus on getting people to not just pledge one donation, but pledge to sign up for a monthly recurring donation. The automatic recurring donations can be built in as an option on the campaign's donation page and we've got to promote that, so not only do we get a one day $10 million money bomb, but we also set up the campaign for an automatic, guaranteed $10 million every month.

tsetsefly
10-18-2010, 03:05 AM
get all the young voters who voted for Obama in the primaries to vote Republican in these primaries!

Deborah K
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
It has been suggested to me that I add this thread to the Daily Paul. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/147108

randolphfuller
10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Iowa State is in Ames. but Iowa is honeycombed with small colleges, private and public, throughout the state. Buses must be provided that will serve all of them. A good investment would be an ad for Ron in the student newspaper. We should still be ashamed of finisfifth last time behind McCain, Thompson, Huckabee, and Romney. Mitt will be back better organized than ever with that large personal fortune.If we lose the Ames Straw poll this time, we will never be able to hold up our heads again when we consider losing to Sweet Sarah and Newt!

Ethek
10-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Iowa State is in Ames. but Iowa is honeycombed with small colleges, private and public, throughout the state. Buses must be provided that will serve all of them. A good investment would be an ad for Ron in the student newspaper. We should still be ashamed of finisfifth last time behind McCain, Thompson, Huckabee, and Romney. Mitt will be back better organized than ever with that large personal fortune.If we lose the Ames Straw poll this time, we will never be able to hold up our heads again when we consider losing to Sweet Sarah and Newt!

Wonder if we could organize a gun show or swap meet with free admission for anyone with a Bussed to ames handstamp or ticket. Maybe an expo for homeschoolers... something

Matt Collins
11-05-2010, 10:52 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul "Let the Revolution Begin" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDXKV3lO3fk&feature=email)

Joseph
11-08-2010, 02:23 PM
That is why we need to inspire him to run again in 2012 just as he inspired us to get involved back in 2008. Please mail him a letter letting him know how he has inspired you and encourage him to run in 2012. If he is not running who will have to rally behind, who will we have to vote for, who will we have representing us in the debates and on the ballet. We need to convince him to run.

Sweman
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
bump

JoshLowry
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Bump

sailingaway
01-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I think we have to bring back the meetups, because there is stuff we can't do under the C4L umbrella. I also think we should post about the meetups -- a national map showing where they are (very impressive) and a way to find one on the internet could be posted on telephone polls. Once I did learn about Ron Paul enough to like him, I didn't know how to do anything about it. Many people only start researching fairly near the election. The action had left my area before I found out what was going on with all of the supporters.

Just a thought.

speciallyblend
01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
register republican,become a delegate!! repeat,repeat and repeat and then repeat again! etc etc.

speciallyblend
01-18-2011, 02:43 AM
I think we have to bring back the meetups, because there is stuff we can't do under the C4L umbrella. I also think we should post about the meetups -- a national map showing where they are (very impressive) and a way to find one on the internet could be posted on telephone polls. Once I did learn about Ron Paul enough to like him, I didn't know how to do anything about it. Many people only start researching fairly near the election. The action had left my area before I found out what was going on with all of the supporters.

Just a thought.

great idea and some food for thought. back in 2007-2008 though i had rpf for support! I actually felt i was pretty alone in my county thru local caucus until state! Once i got to the state convention. I realized we were basically 1/3 of the party that wasn't using a Defibulator and we were the only excitement at the state gop convention!!!

scrosnoe
01-19-2011, 02:24 AM
for item #26 insertion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?155-Our-Oklahoma-Republican-Party-Precinct-Meetings-occur-very-soon) as you wish original thread

Captain Shays
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
I think we should get groups together to buy printing machines and make millions of stickers and signs and go around and place them EVERYWHERE that people will see them.
When we make stickers and signs they shouldn't only have Ron Paul's name but they should outline a single issue. Stop Policing the World Ron Paul 2012. Abolish the IRS Ron Paul 2012 . Stop Sending Our Money All Over The World Ron Paul 2012. Restore Freedom Ron Paul 2012

If we can buy our own printing machines we won't need to report tot he government how much money we're spending and our money will go much further than in the last election. We who have purchased printing machines can get some of our money back by selling our materials to other Ron Paul supporters at cost. That way, they can get materials much cheaper and we can get some of our money back for the machines.

Deborah K
01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Can someone show me how to edit the OP so I can add the new ideas? I don't see an "edit" anywhere on the OP anymore.

JoshLowry
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I put a time limit on editing posts when we upgraded.

I think it was a bad tweak, removed.

Deborah K
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
k thanks.

Deborah K
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Still can't edit the OP. :(

sarahdeez
05-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Bump this is/was a great discussion!

S.Shorland
05-28-2011, 04:29 AM
What proportion of supporters are lawyers? Make sure that everyone attending straw polls and other gatherings know the rules and have a lawyer(s) on hand to quickly report any irregularities to.