PDA

View Full Version : Beck changes his tune on global warming

johngr
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
The stunning duplicity of Fox News host Glenn Beck has been exposed once again after the talk show host told USA Weekend magazine that he now believes in man-made global warming, after years of assuring his viewers that he was on the side of skeptics who questioned the science behind AGW claims.

In an article entitled Don’t judge Beck by his cover, Beck tells interviewer Dennis McCafferty, “You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change.”

“He also says there’s a legit case that global warming has, at least in part, been caused by mankind,” writes McCafferty, under the subheadline, “He believes in global warming.”

Beck’s sudden conversion to the increasingly debunked man-made global warming belief system is a shocking stab in the back of conservatives who consider Beck to be their anointed leader.

For years, Beck has railed against the insistence on behalf of global warming alarmists that “the debate is over” on man-made climate change, a claim that has been soundly trashed by the recent and ongoing Climategate scandal.

Even before Beck arrived at Fox News, when he still had his CNN show, he was attacking global warming as the greatest scam in history (see video below).

YouTube - Glenn Beck: Global Warming greatest scam in history (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8LfE7AI2w)

Beck devoted a whole chapter to deriding AGW in his Inconvenient Book, and has constantly attacked Al Gore as a promoter of alarmist claptrap about climate change while slamming the draconian measures being pushed as a “solution” to the problem.

Beck has provided a regular platform for prominent global warming skeptics such as Weather Channel founder John Coleman and Lord Christopher Monckton.

Once again, Beck has exposed himself as a chameleon who changes his political viewpoints on a whim depending on whose company he keeps. Beck is nothing more than an actor, fake crying on demand like a circus clown, posturing as some kind of grass roots conservative leader when he has abandoned every true conservative principle.

As we have constantly tried to warn conservatives fooled by his gimmicks, Glenn Beck is a slime ball turncoat, a neo-con who poses as a libertarian, a man who supported the bailout under Bush and then claimed he had opposed it all along when Obama got in office, the man who ceaselessly calls for more taxes on the American people while posing as a demagogue of the Tea Party movement which is supposed to stand against new taxes.

It’s unfortunate that Beck’s engaging screen presence is allied with duplicity, flip-flopping and back-stabbing, because millions of conservatives are still being led astray by someone who has deserted true conservatism on every level. The only remaining issue that Beck told the truth on was global warming – now it seems that too was a fraud intended to sucker viewers into the rat’s nest of neo-con rhetoric and big government advocacy that Beck represents.

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Monday, February 22, 2010

dannno
02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Well if Beck believes that it's possible for mankind to have been responsible for .01% of the warming or something, then he might be correct.. I'd be interested to hear more quotes from him about this change in beliefs.

I'd actually be surprised to hear this since he's been having a squabble with Maddow recently over it.

YouTube - BACK OFF! Rachel Maddow To Glenn Beck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggT_VjqH_rc)

A. Havnes
02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
So, he absolutely believes in global warming now? Or is he saying that there could be global warming? This is bound to tick off his listeners/watchers.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Told you so...

For Pete's sake, this guy is an unstable snake in the grass.

What he's going to say on any given day seems to be based on nothing more than how much Effexor he has in his system.

Jettison this clown and pay him zero mind for any reason.

rp08orbust
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
The quickest way back to ham radio.

TonySutton
02-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Well he does not want to be labeled an anti-Global Warming Conspiracy theorist :P he is such a hypocrite. He is running so fast from Medina he can't remember what he believes anymore.

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Well isn't that special?

http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20100219/ENTERTAINMENT01/100218001/Don-t-judge-Beck-by-his-cover

Over the course of a pleasant (really!) conversation with USA WEEKEND Magazine, Beck, 46, sheds light on the lesser-known sides of his personality. He comes across as, well, fairly human — and eager to reveal these 10 things that we bet you didn’t know about him.
He believes in global warming

“You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change,” he says. He also says there’s a legit case that global warming has, at least in part, been caused by mankind. He has tried to do his part by buying a home with a “green” design and using energy-saving products. “I’m willing to do anything but use the CFLs,” he says of compact fluorescent light bulbs. “I put them in once and couldn’t stand the way they lit up the room.”

FrankRep
02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Wait, Glenn Beck believes in Global Warming now?

saul4paul
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Does anyone remember this rant by Beck the Snake?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/beck_surgery_goes_horribly_awry_74231.asp

DapperDan
02-22-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.aionsource.com/forum/attachments/siel-west/9851d1258671519-asmos-regarding-fort-defense-medals-boo-man.gif

squarepusher
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
hahahahahaha

TheEvilDetector
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
It should be common knowledge that Beck's mouth is for sale.

(otherwise his flip flop frenzy on these topics could possibly be evidence of a total lack of principle?)

purplechoe
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Wait, Glenn Beck believes in Global Warming now?

are you ready for that wake up call yet?

FrankRep
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM
are you ready for that wake up call yet?
I don't listen to the Glenn Beck show so I'm out of the loop. Glenn Beck pulled a triflop?

AuH20
02-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Prison planet with another SCARY article. Totally obsessed with Beck, in that they derive whole conclusions from ambivalent comments? Does anyone seriously believe that Beck supports the wholesale AGW movement and it's corresponding legislation? It's one thing to hit him on the Medina incident, which he deserved, but this is the type of crap Alex Jones has been peddling for months. Twisting and turning things that Beck said including the VAT, when Beck made it abundantly clear it was only contingent upon a balanced budget amendment. With that said, I support Alex Jones in some instances, but his organization looks childish with this unsubstantiated crap.

rprprs
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
The quickest way back to ham radio.

Marvelous! Second only to your Politico/CPAC poll zinger. You've got a real knack there, buddy. :D

NerveShocker
02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. His tune has entirely changed. When he drilled Medina for questioning the official story of 9/11 it was obvious he had changed his tune for one reason or another. Now hes taking the status-quo position on even this subject. What's next i wonder.

ShowMeLiberty
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. His tune has entirely changed. When he drilled Medina for questioning the official story of 9/11 it was obvious he had changed his tune for one reason or another. Now hes taking the status-quo position on even this subject. What's next i wonder.

I don't wonder anymore. Beck is dead to me after what he did to Debra Medina. I'd rather sit through 24 solid hours of Hannity or Olbermann than 1 more minute of Beck - and I'm getting ill just thinking about 24 hours of those other morons.