PDA

View Full Version : LIMBAUGH: "Any straw poll that would vote for Ron Paul is not conservative."

sofia
02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Pill popping fatass laid down the gauntlet today...totally ignored Ron Paul except for stating that CPAC group was not conservative because any group that would elect Ron Paul can't be conservative.

...not the exact quote but pretty close to it...

zach
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
The status quo of 'conservative' is perceived as changing from 'what's always been' to something completely different in most eyes, and therefore, it will be viewed as something devilishly unorthodox.

Stary Hickory
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
A real conservative could not hold many of the views Limbaugh holds. I hope Neocons are finished, I am so tired of them damaging this nation. They are the only thing preventing real conservatives from uniting the freedom message again. We have a fractured freedom party in this country. The GOP holds some and Dems hold a little. We need to reunite it again.

StateofTrance
02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Bimlaugh

JoshLowry
02-22-2010, 01:13 PM
This firestorm is great for us.

CPAC should hit back at Limbaugh too.

Let's have a real debate on the issues!

erowe1
02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Right. They can choose centrists most years and that's no problem. But when they swing the other way, then something's wrong.

sofia
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Right. They can choose centrists most years and that's no problem. But when they swing the other way, then something's wrong.

yeah...friggin Romney was the perennial winner and I wouldnt even call him a centrist. He's a bloody Norteastern liberal yet these clowns are OK with that!

live liberty
The global elite is not going to give up power easily.

Stary Hickory
Conservatism has a history of resisiting then embracing and then conserving whatever heinous statist legislation that progressives can weasle through. Conservatism as defined by Rush Limbaugh has no principles. What it fights today as immoral it will defend and "conserve" tomorrow.

What exactly are conservatives trying to conserve these days? Central banking? They once opposed it. Social Security/Medicare? They once opposed it. Agressive war? They once opposed it.

MN Patriot
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
What exactly is a conservative? It is relevant to the existing political environment. Conservatives want to retain the status quo. Do Republicans really want to keep the current welfare state?

The term conservative needs to be discarded. "Libertarian" is much more descriptive of what a person believes.

AParadigmShift
If the Commander of the Dittoheads would have said anything but, then I'd be shocked.

This? Heh! Bring it on!

AuH20
Limbaugh is the true enemy. He's the ultimate gatekeeper.

georgiaboy
02-22-2010, 01:22 PM
wow, Rush. The opportunity for you to bend toward the messages of sound money, limited constitutional government, individual freedoms and responsibilities, states' rights, Jeffersonianism, a strong national defense, and on and on, was placed before you today, and you come out against it. CPAC is not conservative? Who are you anymore?

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
That's nice. We need to make sure that in 2011 lard butt declares the Iowa straw poll is "not conservative". :D

GunnyFreedom
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
There is another dynamic at work here, Ron Paul has gained so much attention over the last 18 months that a lot of people on the street who formerly shunned him in ignorance have now had an opportunity to discover what he actually believes, and to compare it to their own remarkably similar beliefs. It will not be obvious at first, but I firmly believe that this media crapstorm will, in the end, serve more to discredit the media than to discredit Ron Paul. Just look how passionate and engaged some many of US became -- to a large extent from outrage over media ignorance and smearjobs. There will be the same kind of blowback from this, only it will be 5x to 10x larger. There was a delayed reaction to this treatment in 2007-2008 also, so don't expect chanting crowds by tomorrow lol.

Of course, there will always be the ignoramus mediabot who worships at the feet of Shammity and refuse to think critically for themselves, but by and large MOST Americans bought the line because they had never been exposed to anything different. This time it's a bit different. More people have been exposed to Ron Paul than ever before, and the media crapstorm will become evident to people who were in blissful ignorance in 2007 and 2008.

Just imagine the fella who listens to Rush and who first discovered Ron Paul in 2009 when all the media loved him. All the sudden he wins CPAC and now he's not conservative? "EWTF is that supposed to mean??"

It won't be instantaneous, and it will be a slow process, but the more the media, Rushbo, Beckers, Lavin, etc do this, the more America will awaken to the mass media con-job that has been perpetrated on the electorate.

Here is the important thing -- We need to give cause for this to happen again and again. We need to win CPAC 2011 and CPAC 2012 -- WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Ames Iowa, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

The more we keep making the media unjustly smear Ron Paul, the more sheeple will awaken from slumber, and we will go into 2012 with an army 100x the size of the one we went into 2008 with....

American Idol
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Rush is a dinosaur. Talk about past your prime! He's barely hanging on by a thread...but he's still paid well to shill.

GunnyFreedom
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
That's nice. We need to make sure that in 2011 lard butt declares the Iowa straw poll is "not conservative". :D

yes, yes exactly!! Let them all hang themselves with their stupidity and the people will blow back from that nonsense. People do NOT like being lied to, and when they find out, all hell breaks loose.

pcosmar
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
wow, Rush.

Who are you anymore?

A Neo-Con. A Propagandist.

I amazed that anyone takes that hypocrite seriously.

Agorism
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Normally Limpaw ignores Ron Paul.

Even if he is acknowledging his victory, this is a victory in itself.

AuH20
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Remember this mea culpa?

Yesterday Rush Limbaugh told his listeners that "I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried",

Call him up and remind him, that his judgment is flawed. :D

ctiger2
02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe Rush should have Ron on for an hour and they can discuss why he's not conservative enough.

Agorism
02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Still carrying water no doubt.

georgiaboy
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
word, G. We also need to continue to groom and support the mouthpieces out there on the airwaves who get it. Jack Hunter, ftw?

yokna7
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I believe we need to abandon the term "conservative" like Milton Friedman would say. The true definition of conservative meaning not wanting change, apparently the people want change now. Limbaugh is so out of touch! The epitome of status-quo douchebaggery!

pacelli
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Pill popping fatass laid down the gauntlet today...totally ignored Ron Paul except for stating that CPAC group was not conservative because any group that would elect Ron Paul can't be conservative.

...not the exact quote but pretty close to it...

Sounds like Limbaugh doesn't support conservatives and is actually a democratic stooge.

GunnyFreedom
02-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds like Limbaugh doesn't support conservatives and is actually a democratic stooge.

Well he did publicly call for people to go out and vote for Shillary....

AuH20
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM

He admitted once he believed in the charges made by the John Birch Society, but then was sidetracked by fame and wealth. He's the ultimate puppet. Numero uno gatekeeper in the conservative community.

georgiaboy
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
yes, yes exactly!! Let them all hang themselves with their stupidity and the people will blow back from that nonsense. People do NOT like being lied to, and when they find out, all hell breaks loose.

yep, definitely happened to me as soon as I heard RP during the first GOP primary debate for the '08 election, and all the supposed 'conservative' talkers not only disagreed, they out and out lambasted him. I was forever changed.

This CPAC straw poll is another seminal moment along these same lines for a lot of new people.

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Maybe Rush should have Ron on for an hour and they can discuss why he's not conservative enough.

That's easy. Ron is not conservative because he thinks being "pro life" extends to not wanting babies dying needlessly in foreign wars. [/sarcasm]

AParadigmShift
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
That's easy. Ron is not conservative because he thinks being "pro life" extends to not wanting babies dying needlessly in foreign wars. [/sarcasm]

Uhm. . . those are like brownish type babies.

Duh!

:rolleyes:

AuH20
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Ron Paul wants to nullify the 14th amendment so as to eliminate the preponderance of anchor babies, among other ills created by the 14th amendment? Rush is that not conservative enough? I'm going to call El Rusbo up and make him stammer on the golden EIB microphone. :D

itshappening
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Rush the Bush apologist never railed against big government when his president was in power

As Alex Jones says 'what's their problem with Obama?'

A. Havnes
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I think this is a good sign. What I mean is, we're definately having an impact on the GOP, otherwise there would be no reason to attack us like this. Of course, the very fact that they don't want want us in the GOP means that they have something to lose, and it's certainly not "Conservatism", like they keep telling us.

RyanRSheets
02-22-2010, 01:58 PM
My dad is a Limbaugh fan and he likes Sarah Palin, but he called me last night excited to hear that Ron Paul won the CPAC straw poll.

He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!

Son of Detroit
02-22-2010, 02:06 PM
My dad is a Limbaugh fan and he likes Sarah Palin, but he called me last night excited to hear that Ron Paul won the CPAC straw poll.

And today my mom, a devout Romney fan in 2008, told me that she's really starting to come around to Paul's ideas after watching his interview on CNBC.

I can't explain how excited I am for 2012.

Agorism
02-22-2010, 03:11 PM
For the next year the party will be without an official leader, and Lipaw will have to deal with the fact that Paul won CPAC and will probably be the favorite for the next CPAC as well.

DapperDan
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
http://static.open.salon.com/files/jabba-the-limbaugh1244938568.jpg

Stopped listening to this man years ago.

dr. hfn
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
this is why we need to promote www.recruitjackhunter.com

bunklocoempire
02-22-2010, 04:07 PM

LOL! Same here, pop knew about the poll when I talked to him yesterday. My pop took some convincing early on. He did vote Baldwin, and has since found letting go of the neo con security blanket easier and easier. First Bush, then McCain, yesterday it was Gingrich. < a HUGE relief for me.:)

As mentioned, the Rush line is a GREAT talking point.

"Rush says Paul isn't conservative... what do you think?"

Bunkloco

CableNewsJunkie
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
"Yesterday Rush Limbaugh told his listeners that "I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried"

I actually remember listening to his show the day he said that live. I was thinking to myself "It's about time."

Then he kept doing the same thing he'd been doing.

He's losing credibility by the day.

samforpaul
02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I was listening shortly after 1:00 Eastern time and this is what I recall him saying: "What do I think about Ron Paul winning (rhetorical question)? I don't know what to think of Ron Paul winning."

I found his comment as neither a compliment nor denigrating. Of course I may have missed other comments as I only got pieces here and there today.

krazy kaju
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
This just shows that Limbaugh is increasingly losing touch with reality - that is all.

Flash
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Heres Savage from 3 days ago:

YouTube - Michael Savage Attacks Rush Limbaugh and the other Pseudo-Redneck, Fake Conservatives (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqkJgQteL4)

Bucjason
02-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I think what Rush meant to say was, " People who voted for Ron Paul are not Neocons" .

Ummm, yes , that would be correct Mr. Limbaugh

Bman
02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
yeah...friggin Romney was the perennial winner and I wouldnt even call him a centrist. He's a bloody Norteastern liberal yet these clowns are OK with that!

A bunch of Northeast Republicans can't see that Romney is a liberal. They have some real blinders on and have done nothing to look at what he did in his home state.

catdd
02-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I think what Rush meant to say was, " People who voted for Ron Paul are not Neocons" .

Ummm, yes , that would be correct Mr. Limbaugh

that's it.

Pants
02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
You need to ask Limbaugh how that fine Conservative Scott Brown is working out for him.. What Brown did will help Ron Paul. People are losing faith in the Conservative movement.

that's it.

catdd
02-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Brown didn't do that on his own; as I remember there were quite a few RPers and Tea Partyers in his corner because of the health care vote.

wgadget
02-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Savage seems to idolize himself more than anyone.

The name RON PAUL seems to be under his radar, and yesterday he was sounding foolish by endorsing a Michele Bachmann/Mitt Romney ticket.

LOL

And I used to respect Savage.

BillyDkid
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
It's perfectly fine to be personally a conservative (or personally a liberal, for that matter), but I think it's time for us to let go of both of those terms politically in as much as they have been co-opted by mentalities which are neither conservative nor liberal in the senses that we might mean them. Just as left/right has become useless, both representing authoritarianism/collectvism, so too has conservative/liberal.

HOLLYWOOD
02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Where's the other NEOCON jackass Michael Reagan, he always seems to chime in his slander when the other RINO HOGS barked at any RP success.