PDA

View Full Version : I was ASSAULTED at CHUCK E CHEESE

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
yes you read the title correctly, i was assaulted at chuck e cheese in front of my 2 daughters (age 4 and 6) and fiance.

it started with a little boy throwing a basketball at my face breaking my very expensive glasses. when we asked where his parents were he had no clue. he led us to the table where they were sitting and my fiance approached his mother. he explained to her that her son threw a ball at my face and broke my glasses. her response was "i no speaky english". thats where i step in because i am colombian born and raised here in the states and i speak fluent spanish. i translate for her and explain her son broke my glasses and she responded with a "so what get out of my face".

we went to the manager hoping that we could get it resolved, after all chuck e cheese is under survelance and it would show the boy throwing the ball at my face. the manager went to the table to speak to the other family, by then they had summoned 15 other puerto ricans to the table. i could see the manager was dealing with a very classless bunch, so he excused himself and came back to my family and took our info and told us hed be in contact with us and that chuck e cheese would pay for the repair of my glasses.....GREAT problem solved!! so i thought.....

we decided after the whole incident we were going to leave and go shopping at te mall. well as i was walking out i was holding my daughters hands and my fiance was behind me...as we were walking out the puerto rican family was waiting by the exit for us and as i walked by a woman threw cups at myself and my daughters, then she jumped out of her seat ran all the way around to come after me!! i screamed to the staff "PLEASE STOP THIS WOMAN SHE IS COMING TO ATTACK ME AND MY CHILDREN!!!!!", the staff did nothing. she ran toward me to attack and my fiance stood between us. the woman started yelling "HIT ME!!! HIT ME!!! HIT ME!!!!!!!!!" and i responded with "PLEASE LET US LEAVE I AM WITH MY KIDS! PLEASE LET US LEAVE!!"

Next thing i know this woman hits me!! my daughters ended up thrown in the corner...my fiance was in the middle of us the whole time absorbing all of her blows because he was protecting me...meanwhile this woman pulled out a huge chunck of my hair!! i have a bald spot from where she pulled out my hair!! i have bruising on my chest area, i think she was kicking my chest...

i managed to get myself away and grabbed my daughters...i called 911 and the police came in a matter of minutes....

when the police came they didnt arrest that woman!! even though i had marks on my face a hair missing ad i was bleeding they didnt arrest that woman!! even though there were numerous witnesses saying we were trying to leave when this woman attacked us, the police did NOTHING!!!!! instead they were discouraging me from pressing charges against her!! i dont know what to do...i feel as though chuck e cheese hold responsibility for this becuase after the whole brawl my fiance went back to get my lost jewlry and he said that they were still there enjoying there time at chuck e cheese even tho this famuly caused a huge fight!! why didnt the police put her under a citizens arrest??!?!

protect and serve my ass...i was attacked in front of my kids with witnesses and they have survelance videos yet this woman got away! and now she has the audacity to press charges against me and my fiance!! she was the one who attacked us!!!

please thoughts? comments??

constituent
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
the police aren't there to protect, they're there to take notes.

it's up to you to protect your family, particularly when there are kids involved.

myself, personally, if someone came at my wife (female or otherwise), I would grab the first solid object and go to town. i recommend that in the future you and yours do the same.

when it comes to your safety and your life, it's better to apologize than ask for permission, imo.

has ebg taught you nothing?

ohhh... and take chuck e.'s ass to court. if they've got that kinda customer, they need appropriate security.

catdd
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
lawsuit

nobody's_hero
02-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I was going to ask what caliber sidearm you carry but then I saw that you live in Massachusetts.

But you asked for advice, so:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/

TonySutton
02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Get a lawyer

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 08:51 AM
im looking for a lawyer now...this really sucks...my fiance is educated and has a good job...he doesnt need this...some low life saying he hit her when she was the one attacking...i know i hit her after she attacked me...self defense

constituent
02-22-2010, 08:53 AM
my fiance is educated and has a good job...he doesnt need this...some low life saying he hit her when she was the one attacking...

the terrorists have already won. welcome to the gilded cage.

pacelli
02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Next time, don't escalate the situation by appealing to a higher authority.

angelatc
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
please thoughts? comments??

I would definitely call a lawyer.

The police have little interest in anything that doesn't generate revenue for the department. Next time tell them you think you saw that she had a weapon.

Failure to provide security might indeed get you a financial settlement. The internet's full of Chuck E Cheese brawl tales.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 09:05 AM
After the lawyer, the next thing is find the reporters who cover the local police beat. A little publicity that makes the police look negligent and casts the restaurant in a bad light is likely to get action.

constituent
02-22-2010, 09:10 AM
After the lawyer, the next thing is find the reporters who cover the local police beat. A little publicity that makes the police look negligent and casts the restaurant in a bad light is likely to get action.

"coming up next, local woman claims that she was assaulted at a popular family pizza restaurant.

we'll show you where it happened, talk to the victim, and see what the management has done to make sure that your family is safe when eating out locally."

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 09:11 AM

yes!! this is what i wanted...i want to shed light on this situation...this is absolutely ridiculous!!

lynnf
02-22-2010, 09:12 AM
sad fact is police have been told not to arrest illegals, they won't be prosecuted anyway -- double standard, this is what we get for porous borders in this country.

but puerto ricans aren't illegals are they? mission creep----

lynn

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 09:12 AM
OMG...Cindy!!

I'm glad you are ok.

You took pictures of your injuries and all that stuff for court, right? The incident may have been caught on camera if you are lucky. Maybe go back to the same spot and look around for a camera that may have caught it. And while you are there, take some snapshots. In court, visual aids are worth their weight in gold IM(know-nothing-about-law)O....and you may need them later. Worst case is you took some pics you don't need.

lester1/2jr
02-22-2010, 09:15 AM
don't do anything rash or stupid

brandon
02-22-2010, 09:17 AM
sad fact is police have been told not to arrest illegals, they won't be prosecuted anyway -- double standard, this is what we get for porous borders in this country.

but puerto ricans aren't illegals are they? mission creep----

lynn

Puerto Rico is an american territory.

Epic story Cindy. Tell it to the local media.

Question: Did the boy throw the ball at your face on purpose?

fisharmor
02-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Move.

Northern Virginia is CRAWLING with illegals from every corner of the globe.
None of them would do anything like this, because the next thing on the menu would be a lead salad.

But seriously, the cops are not your friends, and always remember that you can put a pretty big guy on the floor if you can swing a restaurant chair.

Fighting isn't about macho man-on-man blow-for-blow fair play. It's about getting your opponent to stop being a problem as quickly and expediently and free-of-revenge as possible. That's why in a good CCW class they don't tell you to shoot to kill or shoot to wound - you shoot to stop.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 09:33 AM
just spoke with a local newspaper who was very interested in the story!! they took all the details etc and will call back once they go ahead with the story....now im calling local news station

i have pics of my injuries hiller (youre so cute for worrying) i cant believe the chunk of hair that is missing in my head!! and my bruised breasts and sternum hurt like hell...i know there are videos because the manager told us hed look at the tapes in regards to my glasses, and he said that prior to the fight. im so thankful my hubby stood in between the whole time absorbing all of her blows...i would have been so messed up...and now that lady is pressing charges against my husband when she was the one hitting him!!

Koz
02-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I was going to ask what caliber sidearm you carry but then I saw that you live in Massachusetts.

But you asked for advice, so:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/

I was going to ask the same thing. My first bit of advice is to move to a state where you can carry a firearm.

furface
02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Chuck E Cheese is nasty. Go there if you want to get assaulted or take part in a brawl, but don't bring your kids there.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=chuck+e+cheese+violence

Bern
02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
YouTube - Fighting Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3DVImqlpcg)

puppetmaster
02-22-2010, 10:25 AM
hmm....This quote comes to mind.....
"An armed society is a polite society"

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
im all for gun rights but i cant imagine how that would have made the situation any better...imagine if that crazy puerto rican had a gun...i was with my kids...my main concern was that they were safe and pushed away not able to see their mother being attacked!! i still cant believe that woman assauled me...i did fight back and defend myself...im sure i got some hits in becuase she claims to have a swollen eye and thought it was my man that hit her, but he knows for sure he did not hit her...i was not scared, the fighter came out in me, but afterward i felt alot of shame...im a lady and icant believe i fought with that animal...that was my first fight ever, at chuck e cheese, in front of my kids at 28 yrs old!

UtahApocalypse
02-22-2010, 10:33 AM
You should have went to the hospital. Even if you were not that injured or in pain. They would document the injuries. TODAY! you need to go to that police deoartment and demand to speak to the chief, and also goto the mayors office and file a formal complaint against the officers involved.

Glad your ok.

I know if anyone ever tried to attack me, or if I had kids and they attacked them they would be in a box today.

Bucjason
02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
ummmm, why did you put up with it ??

Quit being a wuss a fight back. You have a right to self defense in most states...and even if not, it would be well worth the penalty to be able to punch that stupid woman in her face and body slam her little brat of a kid.

puppetmaster
02-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Be proud not ashamed! You defended yourself as you needed. Now I may suggest that you also take it a bit further and do some open hand combat training or a martial art. These will have you feeling fit and mentally strong also.
On a side note….every chucky cheese I have ever been to has been disgusting.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
i did go to hospital and i want to clarify that i did fight back once i was atttacked...i did everything i could to avoid the confrontation but once the physical contact was made i foughr back with all my might...when i went to the hospital they made a very detailed record of my injuries, they were totally disgusted at the fact that, that happened to me

Delivered4000
02-22-2010, 10:40 AM
If I was the husband I would have curb-stomped her

RyanRSheets
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Chuck E Cheese used to be awesome, but it has steadily become more and more trashy. If your kids aren't getting beat up in the sky tubes or ball pit, their tickets are getting stolen and they're getting cut in line for games constantly.

I don't think there is much you could have done at the time in the state you live in. If you would have hurt her at all, you might have gotten in trouble, while she probably won't get in trouble at all. The best you can do is raise hell in the media, escalate it at the police station and push for action from Chuck E Cheese going as high as you need to to make sure this is resolved.

TonySutton
02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
And from the great state of Ohio...

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=419604

another Chucky visit gone wrong.

brandon
02-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Damn I didn't realize C E C was such a dangerous place nowadays.

Bucjason
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
chuck e cheese used to be awesome.

lol !

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear this happened to you. You did the right thing calling the police and going to the hospital. Now you have records from both that you can subpoena, I would also subpoena the camera recordings. You should warn the management immediately that you intend to do that so that they don't record over their DVR or tapes, (if they're still using tapes). Most DVR surveillance recorders used in businesses are set to record for 76 hours, after that, they loop and start recording over.

I would also press charges against the woman and file formal complaints and possibly sue the police dept for negligence.

constituent
02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
lol !

i thought that had winner written all over it too. :D

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear this happened to you. You did the right thing calling the police and going to the hospital. Now you have records from both that you can subpoena, I would also subpoena the camera recordings. You should warn the management immediately that you intend to do that so that they don't record over their DVR or tapes, (if they're still using tapes). Most DVR surveillance recorders used in businesses are set to record for 76 hours, after that, they loop and start recording over.

I would also press charges against the woman and file formal complaints and possibly sue the police dept for negligence.

i am having a hard time getting a lawyer...i called the manager at CEC today and he was no help and wouldnt answer any of my questions in regards to the tapes and when they erase or record over them. i dont know where to go from here? he told me to wait until someone contacts me, PFFT yeah right. ive heard i can purchase supoenas, im just not sure from where or how to go about doing that, thats why i need a lawyer asap...

i really want to bring this to the medias attention but other than contacting my local paper im haviing a hard time getting a hold of tv media outlets...

constituent
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM
i am having a hard time getting a lawyer...i called the manager at CEC today and he was no help and wouldnt answer any of my questions in regards to the tapes and when they erase or record over them. i dont know where to go from here? he told me to wait until someone contacts me, PFFT yeah right. ive heard i can purchase supoenas, im just not sure from where or how to go about doing that, thats why i need a lawyer asap...

you can file a complaint at the chuck e cheese website. then you know that the corporate folks got word.

puppetmaster
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I think Chucky Cheese has been posessed by CHUCKY....the doll!!! mwahhhhhh

speciallyblend
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM

best answer^^^^^ i would also suggest making sure you do get copies of the camera from CEC!!!

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 11:28 AM

i really want to bring this to the medias attention but other than contacting my local paper im haviing a hard time getting a hold of tv media outlets...

Document every conversation you have with anyone. Instead of phone calls, meet with people personally, you'll get better results. Bring a camera recorder with you and use it as an intimidation tactic, when necessary. Post a utube about it and send it to every media and newspaper outlet you can think of. Don't mention anyone's race when you discuss this with the media, not even your own, or language barriers or any of that. Let them figure it out on their own. They'll be interested in the Chuck E Cheese angle.

Edit: Let that manager know that if anything happens to the surveillance recordings that you will sue him for obstructing a lawsuit.

*** Go to the DA's office and make a stink about this.

speciallyblend
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM

you should both go to CEC and maybe a certified letter with intent to get tapes and make sure he knows to get copies one way or the other or possible involve CEC in the lawsuit to!! in the end it costs you money until you win.which is why when i hear someone say they will sue. i just chuckle!!! only people that usually sue are folks who already have money!!! (how many times have you heard someone say they will sue?) and then follow thru

Pericles
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
OK, at this point I assume you don't have a lawyer lined up, and the danger is that CEC video is going to disappear fast.

Send a letter via certified mail (they have to sign for it) to that CEC location, addressed to the store manager, requesting a copy of the video, offering to pay the expense of the copy. You want to be able to document you requested that video, so it can't be a "it got overwritten as standard policy", not aware of any reason to save it excuse. When CEC fails to have it when you do get a lawyer and it gets a suopena, and they don't have it - you want it to look like the CEC manager let evidence of an assault be destroyed. You want to let a jury think that CEC had something to hide because they knew you wanted that video.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
just spoke with faux news and i may be interviewd tomorro night for the news about the issue...i have to wear something that says RON PAUL

CapitalistRadical
02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
What a terrible story! The woman and her family were still there when the police arrived?

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
OK, at this point I assume you don't have a lawyer lined up, and the danger is that CEC video is going to disappear fast.

Send a letter via certified mail (they have to sign for it) to that CEC location, addressed to the store manager, requesting a copy of the video, offering to pay the expense of the copy. You want to be able to document you requested that video, so it can't be a "it got overwritten as standard policy", not aware of any reason to save it excuse. When CEC fails to have it when you do get a lawyer and it gets a suopena, and they don't have it - you want it to look like the CEC manager let evidence of an assault be destroyed. You want to let a jury think that CEC had something to hide because they knew you wanted that video.

my fiance spoke with the local police srgt who said hed have the tape supoenaed...i have to work today 3-11 but i will be out with my camera asking CEC for the videos and sending the letter certified mail...i want to be on the news to blast chuck e cheese for this as well...enough is enough...ive googled and there are tons of violent cases at chuck e cheese...that place is horrible

Lord Xar
02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
open borders, unyielding illegal immigration, welfare state, and the expectation that there should be no borders is great when you're ignorant. But in the real world, you - lets repeat that, you, are the second class citizen. And you will like it.

Press charges. Don't drop it. You have to nip this behaviour and ignorance in the bud.

silverhandorder
02-22-2010, 11:50 AM
just spoke with faux news and i may be interviewd tomorro night for the news about the issue...i have to wear something that says RON PAUL

Don't make it obvious or it will distract from your story.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:50 AM
What a terrible story! The woman and her family were still there when the police arrived?

they were there when the police arrived and were allowed to stay the rest of the evening courtesy of chuck e cheese

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM

perhaps a button?

Pericles
Try to have everything already lined up for the reporter (what documentation you have). You want to make it easy for the reporter to tell your story and verify your facts.

Easy on the reporter = better coverage

dannno

Wait, a local affiliate of Fox or actual Fox News??

You better write Ron Paul across your face, cause if you wear it on your shirt they'll probably just zoom in on your face.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:53 AM
i dont kno if it was local fox or what...i called 7814672525...i think it was local

Pericles
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
my fiance spoke with the local police srgt who said hed have the tape supoenaed...i have to work today 3-11 but i will be out with my camera asking CEC for the videos and sending the letter certified mail...i want to be on the news to blast chuck e cheese for this as well...enough is enough...ive googled and there are tons of violent cases at chuck e cheese...that place is horrible

This can make your story even better for the reporter - what happened to you is not an isolated case, and CEC does not care is a bigger story.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Good advice - don't let there be anything that might distract from the message about what happened to you at CEC.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
lol it was more of a joke...i wish i had a ron paul shirt or button for that matter,,,just have my bumper sticker

FSP-Rebel
02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I know this won't help you now but consider moving up to NH where incidents like the one you described are unheard of. Likely, the Chuck E Cheese staff up here would be armed, at least the manager. Freedom is also more prevalent here and you can open carry a firearm almost anywhere you go. Our taxes are low here, not so much in Mass.

The Patriot
02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
What animals. I picked up on two things I think are inherent in today's society. The first of those is the violence of the average person. The average person is a brain dead dolt that has been desensitized to violence in general, thus they are prone to act violently in situations that don't warrant it. I was at a Dodgers' game over the summer, and some Mexican chollos threatened to beat me up and told me to "shut the fuck up", for rooting for the away team. They wanted to physically assault me. The same thing happened a couple of years ago a man who was a San Francisco Giants fan got stabbed after a game by some drunk chollos and died.

The second thing I picked up on was the laziness of the cops. Laziness and apathy is inherent in today's society. People in general have become more lazy, as have cops. All many of them(not all or even a majority) are interested in is collecting a check and picking up people for victimless crimes like pot and prostitution. They spend more time framing people for non violent offenses then prosecuting violent offenses.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Possible talking points (just to help you focus on what you want to tell)

1. misbehaving child breaks your glasses
2 can't find parents - ask manager for assistance
3 manager finds parents offers to look at video
4 you are OK at this point, if the parents pay for your glasses that ends it
5 parents are argumentative and turn violent
6 call police
7 police and manager are unhelpful
8 you seek treatment for injuries
9 no video, no police report, no lawyer
10 violent parent threatens to sue
11 turns out this is not an isolated incident at CEC

Work on getting this into 15 seconds - that will be the interview and then respond to follow up questions.

If you interview well, you will help in getting coverage, and lawyers will find you.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
What animals. I picked up on two things I think are inherent in today's society. The first of those is the violence of the average person. The average person is a brain dead dolt that has been desensitized to violence in general, thus they are prone to act violently in situations that don't warrant it. I was at a Dodgers' game over the summer, and some Mexican chollos threatened to beat me up and told me to "shut the fuck up", for rooting for the away team. They wanted to physically assault me. The same thing happened a couple of years ago a man who was a San Francisco Giants fan got stabbed after a game by some drunk chollos and died.

The second thing I picked up on was the laziness of the cops. Laziness and apathy is inherent in today's society. People in general have become more lazy, as have cops. All many of them(not all or even a majority) are interested in is collecting a check and picking up people for victimless crimes like pot and prostitution. They spend more time framing people for non violent offenses then prosecuting violent offenses.

Bottom line is the police report = crime statistic.

No police report means there is less crime in that area.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM

6 call police

Work on getting this into 15 seconds - that will be the interview and then respond to follow up questions.

If you interview well, you will help in getting coverage, and lawyers will find you.

Excellent!

Elwar
02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I have problems with getting screwed over by companies all the time.

The very very best thing I've found to resolve all of my disputes with a company is by filling out a report at the Better Business Bureau http://bbb.org

I've done it for AT&T, Verizon, and a few others. I will fight with them for months, getting the run-around, but once I fill out that form...I get a call within days from someone who is ready to get the issue resolved.

Works every time...I know, most people don't check the BBB to check on companies before they use them, but most big companies take it seriously and hate to have a black mark on there.

fisharmor
02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
im all for gun rights but i cant imagine how that would have made the situation any better...imagine if that crazy puerto rican had a gun...i was with my kids...

What the person in NH and I are telling you is that if MA had in-tact gun rights, the situation would not have happened at all.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 12:54 PM

6 call police

this is excellent! thank you...i have yet to find a lawyer and time is ticking away...i fear the videos will be erased....ive contacted the corporate CEC in Tx and got no help from them...right now im trusting and hoping that the police will supoena that video asap before its too late. i agree and hope that a lawyer will find me

Elwar
02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
right now im trusting and hoping that the police will supoena that video asap before its too late.

More than likely, they just say that they have surveillance but the cameras probably don't even work anymore.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
More than likely, they just say that they have surveillance but the cameras probably don't even work anymore.

no because the officer looked at the tapes after we left...they are working video cams

ctiger2
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Nuts! Your fiance should have waited for her to throw the first punch and then just socked her in the gut hard enough to lift her off her feet. That would have done it. :D

angelatc
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
What reason are the lawyers giving you for not wanting the case?

DapperDan
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Nuts! Your fiance should have waited for her to throw the first punch and then just socked her in the gut hard enough to lift her off her feet. That would have done it. :D

I would've headbutted her....

http://medicine.com.my/wp/wp-blogpics/Zidane.gif

However they did the right thing by not trying to escalate the issue by fighting back imo. You never know what could happen.

I'm sorry for everything you've gone through. I hope it turns out well and that woman gets owned.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
What reason are the lawyers giving you for not wanting the case?

theyre saying chuck e cheese may not be held responsible becuase CEC isnt a police force...that if they destroy the tapes it will not lok good on their part...but my main thing is that they allowed this dangerous family to not only stay but bring more people in! my fiance told me they brought back like 10 more guys...CEC is responsible for negligence is lack of security and putting their customers in jeaopardy

Aratus
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
isn't the situation a legal tort in that its assault and battery?
as the proprieter, chuck e cheese has to have a moral tone...

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
theyre saying chuck e cheese may not be held responsible becuase CEC isnt a police force...that if they destroy the tapes it will not lok good on their part...but my main thing is that they allowed this dangerous family to not only stay but bring more people in! my fiance told me they brought back like 10 more guys...CEC is responsible for negligence is lack of security and putting their customers in jeaopardy

Cinderella, if you are telling lawyers your story in the same way you told it here, they might be looking at this very PC and focusing only on the race issue (without admitting it). Give them the CEC angle and provide them with other examples of violence at CEC. You had mentioned that you found several others. Leave out the race and language barrier stuff.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 01:41 PM

Makes sense from a strict liability standpoint, but not providing evidence of a criminal act (assault) when it is known that the company has such evidence might be a problem for them.

After the press, next step is the DA office about filing charges against the parents. Then it goes one of 3 ways:

1. DA starts to get action
2. DA does not care
3. Fact that DA does not care becomes last talking point in the interview

If there is no action on the part of the DA, media attention becomes essential.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
nt

amy31416
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
You sure this actually happened? If you're the same poster I'm thinking of, really outrageous things happen to you with such a frequency as to be unbelievable.

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Now that seven pages have been wasted on bitching about how everyone else is to blame what steps have you personally taken to properly defend yourself in the future?

Will all of this enthusiasm you already could have signed up for personal defense courses, obtain disabling weapons, or pursue firearms.

This thread should be titled "Ron Paul supporter who should know better chooses not to defend themselves and gets attacked"

Try reading the entire thread b4 you go on the attack asshole!!

Mini-Me
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Cinderella is a woman, her fiance is a man, and they were being attacked by a woman...only Cinderella herself could have fought back and gotten away with it. Her fiance could do nothing more than absorb blows like a punching bag unless he wanted to go to prison for assault and battery against a woman or something like that. It's a double standard, but you generally can't count on a sympathetic jury if you're a man fighting back against a woman, at least not unless she's attacking you with a deadly weapon.

Pericles
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Now that seven pages have been wasted on bitching about how everyone else is to blame what steps have you personally taken to properly defend yourself in the future?

Will all of this enthusiasm you already could have signed up for personal defense courses, obtain disabling weapons, or pursue firearms.

This thread should be titled "Ron Paul supporter who should know better chooses not to defend themselves, gets attacked, then complains"

Do you think the same PD that won't take a crime report will approve a gun permit?

What purpose does "blame the victim" serve? Do you suppose the OP is unaware of the law in MA? How does your post assist the OP's current problem?

The crime has happened - what should have been done is no longer relevant.

BuddyRey
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
This is awful. I hope you feel better soon, and get to see justice served on these creeps!

To echo what FSP-Rebel said, since you're already in the New England area, you should really consider relocating from Taxachussetts to New Hampshire. I'm considering the same thing, and I live 900 miles away!

pcosmar
02-22-2010, 02:00 PM
You sure this actually happened? If you're the same poster I'm thinking of, really outrageous things happen to you with such a frequency as to be unbelievable.

Have you ever been to a Chuck E Cheese?

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=12022359
http://perezhilton.com/2010-02-22-is-chuck-e-cheese-a-magnet-for-trouble
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122878081364889613.html

Horrible food, Madhouse atmosphere, unruly and undisciplined children.
I avoid places like that.

Biker Bars are safer.

MelissaWV
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM

This thread should be titled "Ron Paul supporter who should know better chooses not to defend themselves, gets attacked, then complains"

You should read the order in which you've talked about the events yourself. You placed "chooses not to defend themselves" before "gets attacked" and that is precisely the order in which it happened. How could she have defended herself first? Was she to beat up a child for breaking her glasses? She instead went to the parent, which is what should have been done. Information should have been obtained to actually allow for action, which seems to be how things started off.

From there, things went bonkers, and I'm not really sure what happened to whom and in what order. The whole thing sounds odd.

I noticed two things pretty quickly in this thread:

1. People brought up illegal immigration. I'm not sure what that has to do with the incident. Cinderella is the only one in the entire ordeal who was from a foreign nation.

2. The phrase "...that Puerto Rican..." was used an odd number of times. I have no idea what the woman's origin had to do with her being rude and unreasonable.

Whether or not the child threw the ball on purpose to start the whole thing was never addressed. If they did, what was going on before that? Why would someone just randomly pick you and sock you in the face with a ball? It can happen, but it seems more likely that something was going on to make the OP a target. That's not "she deserved it," but what was the situation? We don't know. How that first interaction happened, and how it was "brought to the attention" of the mother could have had an impact on how the rest of things played out.

The employees have no real obligation to stop a fight, but they do have an obligation to cooperate with authorities in order to foster a safe environment for patrons. The police obviously had no problem taking the other person's information and she had no problem filing charges. Document everything (even keep your receipts showing you were there that day), file your own charges, and at very least sue for the glasses to start things off.

RyanRSheets
02-22-2010, 02:05 PM
perhaps a button?

No, just paint Ron on your left cheek and Paul on your right cheek.

Or, write it on your palm and block out the camera at the end of the interview.

Vessol
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Biker Bars are safer.

Quoted for truth. I'd imagine an opium den would be cleaner as well, seriously.

I personally think you should contact the local media and bring this to their attention. Best way to put pressure on the police and that Chuck E Cheese. Start a boycott of that local restaurant in your town and hand out flyers about its dangers and what happened to you. Put pressure on both them and the cops.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-22-2010, 02:10 PM
nt

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM

YouTube - Epic Beard Man Mortal Kombat style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM5aMnRABoo)

Deborah K
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
YouTube - Epic Beard Man Mortal Kombat style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM5aMnRABoo)

OMG!!! Hilarious!!! Had to watch it several times! Old dudes rock!!! No fear!

Anti Federalist
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
OMG!!! Hilarious!!! Had to watch it several times! Old dudes rock!!! No fear!

Oh there's more...check this thread out if you haven't already:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=231884

Thread derail over.

LibForestPaul
02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
If there is a pending/potential civil case, it is best not to discuss it with anyone other than your lawyer.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 04:53 PM
You should read the order in which you've talked about the events yourself. You placed "chooses not to defend themselves" before "gets attacked" and that is precisely the order in which it happened. How could she have defended herself first? Was she to beat up a child for breaking her glasses? She instead went to the parent, which is what should have been done. Information should have been obtained to actually allow for action, which seems to be how things started off.

From there, things went bonkers, and I'm not really sure what happened to whom and in what order. The whole thing sounds odd.

I noticed two things pretty quickly in this thread:

1. People brought up illegal immigration. I'm not sure what that has to do with the incident. Cinderella is the only one in the entire ordeal who was from a foreign nation.

2. The phrase "...that Puerto Rican..." was used an odd number of times. I have no idea what the woman's origin had to do with her being rude and unreasonable.

Whether or not the child threw the ball on purpose to start the whole thing was never addressed. If they did, what was going on before that? Why would someone just randomly pick you and sock you in the face with a ball? It can happen, but it seems more likely that something was going on to make the OP a target. That's not "she deserved it," but what was the situation? We don't know. How that first interaction happened, and how it was "brought to the attention" of the mother could have had an impact on how the rest of things played out.

The employees have no real obligation to stop a fight, but they do have an obligation to cooperate with authorities in order to foster a safe environment for patrons. The police obviously had no problem taking the other person's information and she had no problem filing charges. Document everything (even keep your receipts showing you were there that day), file your own charges, and at very least sue for the glasses to start things off.

This is very odd & it was traumatizing to me & my family...we were waiting for a ride when a ball came flying @ my face & broke my glasses...whether it was done on purpose or not is irrelevant...it hapened & the kid was unsupervised...we went to the parents & spoke w/them about my glasses...they didn't give a crap & swore @ us & became very argumentative...that's when we stepped away & went to management...the family then became hostile toward management...the manager took our info & said that hed contact corporate & they'd cover my glasses...problem solved right?? NOPE! Because when we were leaving that family positioned themselves to be sitting by the door...the woman threw a set of cups @ my daughters & I as we were walking by...she was screaming & came charging @ us to which point she struck me in the face & we began fighting....and yes I am colombian, born & raised here in the USA...I am first generation born here...my parents both came here legally over 20 yrs ago...

We did everything to avoid the conflict we took the proper steps in speaking w/management etc & we were on our way out when I was attacked infront of my girls...I'm kinda annoyed that people are commenting that I'm complaining etc & not doing anything about it...guess what I did fight back & defended myself & my family! I'm trying to shed light on this situation & these forums give great advice...& for those telling me to join self defense course, guess what, that costs money...money that I don't have...see when you work & provide for your family & provide them w/karate & self defense classes it doesn't leave much money to spend on yourself...I get raped in taxes I have bills & I have kids...that means no money for me

Lord Xar
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
This is very odd & it was traumatizing to me & my family...we were waiting for a ride when a ball came flying @ my face & broke my glasses...whether it was done on purpose or not is irrelevant...it hapened & the kid was unsupervised...we went to the parents & spoke w/them about my glasses...they didn't give a crap & swore @ us & became very argumentative...that's when we stepped away & went to management...the family then became hostile toward management...the manager took our info & said that hed contact corporate & they'd cover my glasses...problem solved right?? NOPE! Because when we were leaving that family positioned themselves to be sitting by the door...the woman threw a set of cups @ my daughters & I as we were walking by...she was screaming & came charging @ us to which point she struck me in the face & we began fighting....and yes I am colombian, born & raised here in the USA...I am first generation born here...my parents both came here legally over 20 yrs ago...

We did everything to avoid the conflict we took the proper steps in speaking w/management etc & we were on our way out when I was attacked infront of my girls...I'm kinda annoyed that people are commenting that I'm complaining etc & not doing anything about it...guess what I did fight back & defended myself & my family! I'm trying to shed light on this situation & these forums give great advice...& for those telling me to join self defense course, guess what, that costs money...money that I don't have...see when you work & provide for your family & provide them w/karate & self defense classes it doesn't leave much money to spend on yourself...I get raped in taxes I have bills & I have kids...that means no money for me

You are not complaining at all. I think you are being baited by agitators. If you associate a negative experience to your expression here, there is hope you will associate the movement with this negativity. I tend towards the dramatic and believe good people are being driven off of this site. And many have.

So, take it in stride. Ignore the naysayers and jerkoffs.

p.s. "no inglise" sounds like a coached term that many of us in Los Angeles are very familiar with.

silverhandorder
02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
You are not complaining at all. I think you are being baited by agitators. If you associate a negative experience to your expression here, there is hope you will associate the movement with this negativity. I tend towards the dramatic and believe good people are being driven off of this site. And many have.

So, take it in stride. Ignore the naysayers and jerkoffs.

+1 too many trolls and drama queens here.

BlackTerrel
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Wish I could say I am shocked that the police did nothing but this is par for the course. The police are there to give us tickets for not having a front license plate , or driving 66 in a 65 not stop criminals who assault, rape, and murder.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I think I have a lawyer who wants to take this case & is sure we have a lot to work with...I hope I can get some media attention on this...thank you all for the concern & great tips! Will keep you posted...as of now everyone from CEC corporate that I've spoken with has told me they are not responsible for anything because their staff is not the police etc...not buying it though...& they're still not answering my questions in regard to the tapes & if or when they'll be erased...

BenIsForRon
02-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Now that you've raised a big stink at corporate, it's likely that they may "lose" the tapes.

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Well the attorney said it would only make them look worse if they got rid of the tapes when we have been asking for them...that's destroyin evidence

BenIsForRon
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, true, you did already file a report, so the getting rid of the tapes would be highly suspicious.

silus
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Get the video tapes and ask Chuck E Cheese if they want to start a media firestorm. Publicity is sometimes the best and only way for people to see the light. Just look at that incident with Southwestern. The only reason southwestern gave a damn was that he was a public figure, and it didnt even matter that he was probably in the wrong.

Get a hold of the video tapes! You must do this. Any and all video tapes surrounding this incident. GET THEM! You might want to forget this whole incident but just keep in mind these people will do it again and you could have done something to prevent it.

BlackTerrel
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Cops are too busy with their moneymaking schemes to stop real criminals:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232810

Cinderella
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm working with the media to get my story out there...there are too many instances all over the country of chuck e cheese violence...they def need security there...families shouldn't be put in this situation...my girls are still so scared, they can't even sleep @ night unless if myself & hubby sleep in the bed with them because they're scared of nightmares about that scary lady & the way she looked when she pounced on me like an animal...fox news said they'd interview me tomorro on tape...hopefully they'll go to the CEC & get some info from them...then I can interview with them...someone posted some quick talking points...I've been jotting some things down that I want to touch upon...I'm looking forward to begin this fight...I will not just forget about this...

dannno
02-22-2010, 08:33 PM
YouTube - Chuck E Cheese slapped my @$$ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3uc5ttW_s)

LOL @ 50 seconds:

YouTube - Chucke Cheese Drunk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an8_j7tu104)

jmdrake
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I think I have a lawyer who wants to take this case & is sure we have a lot to work with...I hope I can get some media attention on this...thank you all for the concern & great tips! Will keep you posted...as of now everyone from CEC corporate that I've spoken with has told me they are not responsible for anything because their staff is not the police etc...not buying it though...& they're still not answering my questions in regard to the tapes & if or when they'll be erased...

Great! If they erase the tapes now that legislation is possible that will totally screw up their case. Glad you found a lawyer. If someone can find a lawyer to take a case over hot coffee somebody should be able to sue over this. And you should be able to sue the crazy woman that attacked you. Clear case of assault and battery. That's strict liability for everything that happened. (Not that she has much money. Just a vindication thing).

TRIGRHAPPY
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Should have defended yourself instead of trying to flee. You cannot always rely on someone to defend you and your family.

As for what you should do immediately....

Notify Chucky Cheese that you will be subpoenaing them for the surveillance tapes and employee testimony. Then get a lawyer and do just that. Fuck the police, fuck that family of Neanderthals, press charges and don't stop till they are either in jail or in debt to you or both.

Next, get a gun and learn to shoot. You're just lucky they did not use a weapon on you because from what you said, it sounds like you are completely defenseless. If you are defenseless, it means your family is defenseless too. For heaven's sake, don't leave your children defenseless, there are bad people in the world and sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people just to defend themselves.

silus
02-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Don't forget to post it on youtube... Seriously.

squarepusher
02-22-2010, 10:45 PM
ya, CEC should give you the tapes, but I don't see how Chuck E Cheese, or any restaurant, has anything to do with what happened to you.

Are you saying they somehow solicit low class customers who want to start fights with other customers? Or that they didn't remove the customers who harassed you?

From what I read, the manager offered to pay you for your glasses which was broken by the customer? Sounds OK. If they are witholding tapes, thats one thing, but I don't see how Chuck E Cheese is some God protected restaurant where nothing bad is allowed to happen?

It seems like you dealt with an @sshole family, that could have happened at a park, a baseball game, another restaurant, anywhere basically. Also the cops handled it poorly.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-22-2010, 10:49 PM
nt

PreDeadMan
02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Cinderella I'm sorry you had to go through that hell wow.... scary things in this crazy world. You can't even be safe in a so called innocent children's place called Chuck E Cheese. I feel for you and I don't know why the other person couldn't just pay the damages her own kid did to your property and be on your jolly ways. Sounded like she asked for trouble on the way out viciously attacking you with your children present I mean that is just so cruel and wrong. Her own children were present also from what I presume in the story so that person was putting her own children in jeopardy by enganging in violence.

I know people on these forums keep on hounding you about getting self-defense lessons or whatever. I'm a listener of the free talk live program I don't know if you've heard of them. They advertise something called "The tiger Light" which looks like an innocent flash light but it has mace in it they say it has the stopping power of a handgun and it's a non lethal thing to use to temporarily stop any attacker or whatever. http://www.tigerlight.net/Home_Page.html just giving a suggestion in case you do want something that is non lethal and stuff. By the way plaese keep us posted about everything. We're behind you in your search for justice in this crazy mess.

BEOWULF
02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
the police aren't there to protect, they're there to take notes.

it's up to you to protect your family, particularly when there are kids involved.

myself, personally, if someone came at my wife (female or otherwise), I would grab the first solid object and go to town. i recommend that in the future you and yours do the same.

when it comes to your safety and your life, it's better to apologize than ask for permission, imo.

has ebg taught you nothing?

ohhh... and take chuck e.'s ass to court. if they've got that kinda customer, they need appropriate security.

I have to go with this too. What if the woman who attacked had a knife and decided to use it. Simple effective steps to protect yourself and incapicate her would have worked. Today you have to expect the worst and throwing in the kids could make it worse.

First - file a complaint, go down and swear out a WARRANT for assault. While there put a restraining order on her as now your info is public and she can see where you live. Put safety procedures in place for next 90 days, as If she is arrested they may bother you.

Second - file complaint with District office and Home office with the restaurant.

Third give it a few days, if still upset and pissed off then file for damages to woman and see about restaurant.

Good Luck

rpindy
02-23-2010, 12:54 AM
It may be worth noting that Chuck E. Cheese is the #1 place for fights, far surpassing even biker bars. This is because the parental instincts kick in with the kids around.

ToyBoat
02-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Haven't been to a Chuckie Cheese in decades, but it sounds like they need door men or security guards these days.

Rael
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM
It's not ALWAYS wrong to hit women...if I was the fiance I would have stomped the shit out of that lady.

Rael
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
It's funny to read this because earlier today I read a story about this guy who got assaulted at a Chuck E Cheese yesterday.

Police: Man pistol-whipped at south Toledo Chuck E. Cheese

Posted by Nick Dutton - email

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Toledo police are looking into a fight that happened Sunday at the Chuck E. Cheese on Airport Highway in south Toledo.

Police say it started when a man blew an air horn inside the kids' restaurant.

A parent confronted him and it turned into a fist-fight which spilled outside.

Police say that's when the man with the air horn pulled out a gun and pistol-whipped the other man.

Investigators are trying to find the man with the gun.

BlackTerrel
02-23-2010, 03:05 AM
It's not ALWAYS wrong to hit women...if I was the fiance I would have stomped the shit out of that lady.

And you would be in jail.

Also I imagine if her fiancee hit her all her guy friends would have gotten involved too. I think the fiance did the right thing considering the circumstances.

devil21
02-23-2010, 03:55 AM
And from the great state of Ohio...

another Chucky visit gone wrong.

Judging by the comments on that article and others, there's a lot of stupid people in Toledo. Holy shit how can you live there?

Nothing surprises me anymore, not even flagrant assaults at Chuck E. Cheese. Just another sign of the continual decline of American society.

To OP, you've done about the best you can do given your random circumstances. You can go to the local magistrate's office and swear out a warrant on this woman if you want to. Im sure the police have her info from the incident, especially since you mentioned she may press charges against your husband. You don't need police to file charges against someone! Fight fire with fire, though this will cost you money! Get an attorney if criminal charges are already involved.
I don't think you should go after CEC for negligence since they don't have much legal responsibility to protect you from another customer's random actions, no more than police have a legal responsibility to protect you from another person's random actions (they don't). Either pursue your incident as a criminal assault or just let it go and learn the HUGE lesson from your experience. And stay away from cesspools of humanity like Chuck E Cheese.

Kludge
02-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Don't forget to post it on youtube... Seriously.

+1

Cinderella
02-23-2010, 07:02 AM
looks like i have alot of work ahead of me....i will be calling more media outlets today and researching the othe cases of violence around the country at CEC...i have my appt with the lawyer tomorrow afternoon...and to whoever posted that sarcastic comment of how we will have to lobby for this and that...listen if u go to a place that is for kids you expect their parents to be supervising their kids! esp a four year old boy!! and secondly CEC has numerious cases across the country involving violence on their grounds....this has to stop! kids go to these places and seeing as this is a normal thing to happen at CEC they should most DEF have security there!!

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
nt

OddballAZ
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Move to another state that respects your rights and start carrying a firearm. People act far more civilized when there are armed people walking around.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-24-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm being dead serious when I say this. Move to New Hampshire and Open Carry everywhere you go. Do not rely on the police. The police are not there to protect you. They are there to enforce State Dictates.

I recommend Harry Brownes work: How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Start living as a free individual.

As to the NH and OC thing, I can't stress enough how important this is. When I move to NH I'm going to be OC my rifle & pistol everywhere I go. I am ready to face the tyrants 24/7 :p (Probably run out of ammo very fast....but I won't go down without watering the tree!)

That's my humble advice.

Baptist
02-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Here is my advice if you live in a place that is not open carry friendly.

I have not read all the posts in this thread, only the OP. Like AustrianEcon just said, it's a bad idea to rely on the police. In a situation like yours, my family would have defended ourselves, then promptly left the scene to avoid the risk of getting in trouble for defending ourselves. You can buy Skock n Awe stun guns for $99 or really nice tasers (Taser International) for $349. Both companies even make pink ones for you ladies.

By the time that woman (and any of her relatives who jumped in to help) recovered from the stun, you guys would be in your car and on your way.

Stun Gun
http://shocknawestunguns.com/ShocknAweStunGun220-240VoltRecharge.html

Taser
http://www.itaser.com/?__utma=1.1123921155.1267009790.1267009790.1267009 790.1&__utmb=1.2.10.1267009790&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1267009790.1.1.utmcsr=scroogle.org|utmccn =%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi&__utmv=-&__utmk=219864985

Advantage Taser has over stun guns: can use form a distance. Disadvantage: you have to register it to activate it and when you shoot it leaves behind little probes so the police know who the taser belongs to. Stun guns do not do this. (BTW if anyone knows of a taser that does not leave behind identifying information I'd love to know the make/model.)

Cinderella
02-24-2010, 06:35 AM
unfortunately i cannot leave the state of mass...and a coworker of mine has started a petition to boycott chuck e cheese....consulting with lawyers today but we just got hit with this damn storm and im stuck at home....ive requested to view the CEC videos...i sent a letter certified mail...we'll see what happens with that...my daughters still cant sleep at night....thank you all again for the great advice

Cinderella
02-24-2010, 06:48 AM
here are just a few cases of the violence at chuck e cheese across the country!!

http://grahamten.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/a-history-of-chuck-e-cheese-violence/

now the difference between my case and the rest of these is that my family was not fighting with another family over a game or photbooth or tokens or tickets!!! we were leaving the establishment after the aggressors child broke my glasses...and not only was i assaulted but that woman who assaulted me was allowed to stay further endangering other families!!

Rael
02-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I recommend Harry Brownes work: How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

+1

bkreigh
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
looks like i have alot of work ahead of me....i will be calling more media outlets today and researching the othe cases of violence around the country at CEC...i have my appt with the lawyer tomorrow afternoon...and to whoever posted that sarcastic comment of how we will have to lobby for this and that...listen if u go to a place that is for kids you expect their parents to be supervising their kids! esp a four year old boy!! and secondly CEC has numerious cases across the country involving violence on their grounds....this has to stop! kids go to these places and seeing as this is a normal thing to happen at CEC they should most DEF have security there!!

If you dont like what kind of security there then dont go visit that establishment if it is that important to you. Press charges on the lady that attacked you and leave CEC out of it. Protect yourself by yourself. Sounds like you are not placing the blame at the right person. This was confrontation between your family and another. If this happened on the street would you be going around telling the city that they need more cops everywhere? Come on now.

bkreigh
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
here are just a few cases of the violence at chuck e cheese across the country!!

http://grahamten.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/a-history-of-chuck-e-cheese-violence/

now the difference between my case and the rest of these is that my family was not fighting with another family over a game or photbooth or tokens or tickets!!! we were leaving the establishment after the aggressors child broke my glasses...and not only was i assaulted but that woman who assaulted me was allowed to stay further endangering other families!!

If its that big of deal why did you place your family in that kind of environment?

Im sorry about what happened to you and your kids, I really am. It just sounds like you are going after the wrong party here. Go after the lady that attacked you. You put you and your kids in that situation nobody else.

michaelwise
02-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands. Carry a Taser. Those kinds of animals need to be shocked like cattle.

silus
02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
If you dont like what kind of security there then dont go visit that establishment if it is that important to you. Press charges on the lady that attacked you and leave CEC out of it. Protect yourself by yourself. Sounds like you are not placing the blame at the right person. This was confrontation between your family and another. If this happened on the street would you be going around telling the city that they need more cops everywhere? Come on now.

If its that big of deal why did you place your family in that kind of environment?

Im sorry about what happened to you and your kids, I really am. It just sounds like you are going after the wrong party here. Go after the lady that attacked you. You put you and your kids in that situation nobody else.
We don't live in a nation where you are allowed to depend on yourself for defense. I sympathize with your arguments, but thats just not how it is. She should, to some degree, expect a level of security in her surroundings because thats just how shit is today. This is not a philosophical argument.

bkreigh
02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
We don't live in a nation where you are allowed to depend on yourself for defense. I sympathize with your arguments, but thats just not how it is. She should, to some degree, expect a level of security in her surroundings because thats just how shit is today. This is not a philosophical argument.

Then she should hire somebody to protect her if she is that scared. Do you expect every business in America to hire security guards or something? If you or somebody else dont feel safe going to an establishment then dont go. If that establishment feels they are losing business because they are not providing a safe environment for its customers then they will either hire guards or lose business and be forced to go out of business. What is so hard to comprehend here?

silus
02-24-2010, 09:20 PM
If you or somebody else dont feel safe going to an establishment then dont go. If that establishment feels they are losing business because they are not providing a safe environment for its customers then they will either hire guards or lose business and be forced to go out of business. What is so hard to comprehend here?
I'm not sure what there it to gain by being so closeminded. She's obviously serving as an influence for CEC to lose business if it does not increase its security. What is so hard to comprehend there?

bkreigh
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure what there it to gain by being so closeminded. She's obviously serving as an influence for CEC to lose business if it does not increase its security. What is so hard to comprehend there?

Im not against her going to the media and trying to influence the company to hire security that way. But getting a lawyer and going that route is something different. Her comments on the last page or two have not been about the lady that attacked her. It was her discontent with CEC.

Hell i dont know why anybody would go to that place anyway security or not. Their pizza sucks and their games suck. Obviously the atmosphere is nothing to brag about either.

silus
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
I guess i'm most surprised that CEC is still popular.

J. W. Evans
02-24-2010, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen anything about this yet, so I want to ask Cinderella, any idea why News Center 5 hasn't taken an interest in this?
I know they're the Boston News Channel, but they go all over.

reardenstone
02-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Damn I didn't realize C E C was such a dangerous place nowadays.

The perfect example of despotism when they think no one is watching. I understand why some people fear more freedom; they know the wrong people don't know how to handle it properly.

I heart goes out to the OP and her kids. I hope god blesses you well and you recover and justice is served and those animals learn a lesson one day.

Reason
02-25-2010, 02:39 AM

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 08:03 AM
i have called numerous media outlets and havent received call backs...

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 08:05 AM
//

MelissaWV
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
i still dont even know my attackers name!! THE POLICE HAVE NOT FILED A POLICE REPORT YET!!!!!!!!!

protect and serve my ass...i was attacked in front of my kids with witnesses and they have survelance videos yet this woman got away! and now she has the audacity to press charges against me and my fiance!! she was the one who attacked us!!!

If she filed charges against you and your fiance, you should be able to obtain her name from that paperwork (together with other information unless she had it deliberately blocked out of "fear"). :)

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 08:12 AM
If she filed charges against you and your fiance, you should be able to obtain her name from that paperwork (together with other information unless she had it deliberately blocked out of "fear"). :)

i understand, but unfortunately there is no paperwork...

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 08:33 AM
My lordy!!!!!

TonySutton
02-25-2010, 08:38 AM
What do i do?!?!?

Are you talking to workers or bosses? When things can not be found you need to talk to bosses. If bosses can't answer your questions, well, they have bosses too! Remember these people work for YOU!

Cinderella
02-25-2010, 08:55 AM
finally...result

Inflation
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
ummmm, why did you put up with it ??

Quit being a wuss a fight back. You have a right to self defense in most states...and even if not, it would be well worth the penalty to be able to punch that stupid woman in her face and body slam her little brat of a kid.

Exactly!

The [ADL-approved euphemism] scum are going to claim "you hit us first" no matter what. The big mistake is to let the situation control you.

Force the issue to be resolved by looking at the videotape. The only surefire way to get this done is to go Epic Beard Man on them and TAKE NO PRISONERS.

Force the cops to do their jobs because there's too much blood and teeth on the ground to quietly sweep under the rug. Learn to fight as a family, and practice.

Or continue to let our kids be terrorized by activities we once enjoyed as children.

It's up to us to stop current trends from getting even worse.

MozoVote
03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
The OP is not alone

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122878081364889613.html

Chuck E. Cheese's bills itself as a place "where a kid can be a kid." But to law-enforcement officials across the country, it has a more particular distinction: the scene of a surprising amount of disorderly conduct and battery among grown-ups.

mcgraw_wv
03-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Press charges, but in reality the easiest path is just to heal up and stop going to chuck e cheeses, and make sure you let chuck e cheeses know that you never intend on going back to their resturants becuase their security has gone to shi7.

Pressing charges, and getting all wrapped up in some process just to give one puerto rican women a fine and maybe 30 days in joal really isn't worth it.

Your better off voicing your dissatisfaction with your money.

squarepusher
03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
ahh, they serve alcohol at CEC. Things starting to come into place.

Bucjason
03-21-2010, 11:35 AM
http://skee4all.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chuck-e-cheese.jpg

legion
03-21-2010, 11:39 AM
You could have filled a small claims court case against "Jane Doe" and subpoenaed Chuck E Cheese for the tapes and the police department for the name and address of the woman.

Should have requested copies of the police reports at the scene and called the District Attorney's office the next day to make sure they were aware of this.

Anyways, good luck.

nbhadja
03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
If I was your husband I would have assaulted her so badly that she would have needed to be carried out in an ambulance.

Why didn't your husband just destroy her badly?

nbhadja
03-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Sue them. Do not let this trash family get away with it.

bruce leeroy
03-21-2010, 01:05 PM
My advice
Make friends with a bus-stop Keisha
I witnessed this one weavalina beat the barbacoa out of three chicks asses with a pool q at chicas locas a few years back

BuddyRey
03-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Cinderella, any updates on your case?

Cinderella
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
All charges dropped and I got my glasses fixed...and we NEVER frequent chuck e cheese. Lawsuit against chuck e cheese still pending--- don't know if it will amount to anything unfortunately...I'm still disgusted with the police dept, but what's new?

Thanks everyone who responded...

MelissaWV
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Good to hear (mostly). I'm glad this got bumped. I was thinking of this when I read the other Chuck E Cheese thread :p

Cinderella
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Ha that's why I posted. I forgot I posted my story here. Kinda bizarre reading through it because I posted it very shortly after it happened.

TCE
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
All charges dropped and I got my glasses fixed...and we NEVER frequent chuck e cheese. Lawsuit against chuck e cheese still pending--- don't know if it will amount to anything unfortunately...I'm still disgusted with the police dept, but what's new?

Thanks everyone who responded...

Did the woman and her family not even get a slap on the wrist?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
We have also stopped going to places like this because they are just out of control daycare centers for trash and vermin. I am not shocked that the staff did nothing (they did nothing about our experiences either) and my suggestion would be that if you are going to live in the jungle you better be prepared like you were on safari. Get a gun and some non lethal weapons and don't wait for a staff scared of lawsuits and the police to help you. You will have to help yourself. Outside of that... file a lawsuit and take all of these people for everything they are worth.

AFPVet
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear it's been resolved. Keep some pepper spray with you next time ;)

Cinderella
03-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Nada. She was a frequent crime offender I guess. Picture this...She was arrested for shop lifting the weekend prior to us going to court. I know this because the judge was confused over which case she was there for. She is very poorly educated and probably was addicted to some sort of substance because she looked stoned. She was not worth our time.

Haha I remember looking up what she had been arrested for, and I ended up finding a news article about her stealing over $250.00 worth of bra's and under wear from Walmart...who does that?!?!