PDA

View Full Version : 11 Days to Victory

Dustancostine
02-21-2010, 07:51 PM
YouTube - WE TEXANS - 11 Days Till Victory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFlMkOvb1VQ)

tpreitzel
02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
If Texans will simply ACT on the suggestions in this video, they'll see Debra Medina as their next governor. Victory never comes without some personal sacrifice, e.g. time, money, etc. Don't listen to naysayers, Texas. MAKE HISTORY by writing your own chapter!

Apparition
02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I've talked to everyone I know of just asking "So.. have you voted yet?" and then I got a bunch of "What? Vote? Isn't that later this year?" and then I explain that it's the primary which pretty much means you're voting for the governor NOW because pretty much in Texas, the republican is gonna win.. then i also mention that there's 5 other propositions worth voting on too and yada yada..

Then when we get around to talking about the governor race, they say "Yeah, I'm going with Perry... KBH sucks"... then I have to mention Medina and I get "Oh.. her? Yeah... she's a crackpot" and that pretty much opens it up for me to defend her...... the encouraging news is that I ask if they (the person i'm talking to) is a part of the tea party movement at least in principle (most of the time so far it has been 'yes') and then I get to explain that Debra is the true tea party candidate and that Perry is a fake... so far, i've at least gotten other people to look into her which is really all i can ask..

but there's a double edged sword in there... 1) a lot of people who don't stay informed aren't voting in the primaries.... but 2) if they are, they already have it in their head to vote perry since they still believe that it's between perry and KBH, and what little they know of Medina is that she's a looney truther. =/

tpreitzel
02-21-2010, 09:59 PM
2) if they are, they already have it in their head to vote perry since they still believe that it's between perry and KBH, and what little they know of Medina is that she's a looney truther. =/

You simply have to work on the latter misconception. Why do they think Medina is a "looney truther", because of Beck's looney attack? ;) If so, then you simply use Beck's own words to destroy his credibility. Beck's provided Texans much ammunition for the latter. Remember that demagogues ALWAYS inappropriately saddle the noble search for truth with negative connotations to deflect arrows from hitting their target. Debra should have simply exposed Beck's ruse by stating the search for truth is always noble regardless of the outcome and attaching negative connotations to it reveals Beck as a hater of truth. Got it? Beck's now exposed as a hater of truth because he derides the search for truth in ALL circumstances including the tragedy of 9/11. The final question now becomes: Then, why do you listen to Beck since he hates the truth?

At least, you're active and involved. Good. Ultimately, the chips will fall where they will. ;)

Apparition
02-22-2010, 09:50 AM
yeah, as long as the person i'm talking to gives medina a real look, i'm happy because ultimately i think her message rings to home for way too many of us.

the beck thing... just depends on how entrenched they are into the mindset because a lot of people take what he says at face value and don't care to dig beneath the surface... my best ammo is if someone cares to watch a few youtube links which can be very educational. =)