PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Redstate neocons are terrified of a THIRD PARTY run..

wgadget
02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/02/21/the-good-the-bad-the-discordant-and-the-uncomfortable/

EXCERPT:

There is a very real and very substantive difference between the parties. From social to fiscal issues, the differences are real. I am a Republican before I am a Democrat. But at the end of the day, I am a conservative before I am a Republican.

The Republican Party is where I make my home for advancing my conservative agenda. And when I think the party needs to be changed, I get involved in primaries recognizing I will win some and lose some in the give and take of American politics.

If you are troubled, if you agree with Glenn Beck, if you are tempted to go with a third party, don’t. Instead, get involved in the Republican Party. Change it. Support people like Mike Lee in Utah, Danny Tarkanian in Nevada, Marlin Stutzman in Indiana, Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, Ken Buck in Colorado, MIchael Williams in Texas, and of course Marco Rubio in Florida.

Flash
02-21-2010, 07:21 PM
If you are troubled, if you agree with Glenn Beck, if you are tempted to go with a third party, don’t. Instead, get involved in the Republican Party. Change it.

Unless you're a Ron Paul fan... then STFU and listen to Erick Erickson.

AJ Antimony
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Ken Buck the neocon?

Anti Federalist
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
As much as I enjoy seeing some of the positive results of the tireless efforts of our people on the ground at events like CPAC, I still have to be realistic.

Every "reform" effort designed to return the GOP to it's "conservative" roots, from Goldwater to Reagan to 1994's Gingrich, has resulted in failure. Every one got corrupted and assimilated into the Borg hive of DC corruption.

Result? We are now broke, in debt to the tune 15 trillion and climbing, engaged in never ending wars around the globe and sliding further into despotism at home.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
double post nvm

Pericles
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
As much as I enjoy seeing some of the positive results of the tireless efforts of our people on the ground at events like CPAC, I still have to be realistic.

Every "reform" effort designed to return the GOP to it's "conservative" roots, from Goldwater to Reagan to 1994's Gingrich, has resulted in failure. Every one got corrupted and assimilated into the Borg hive of DC corruption.

Result? We are now broke, in debt to the tune 15 trillion and climbing, engaged in never ending wars around the globe and sliding further into despotism at home.

And this is what happens to us on a good day ..........

Anti Federalist
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
And this is what happens to us on a good day ..........

I'd just like someone to explain how this time, it'll all be different.

And explain it in a way I'd believe.

Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

Ethek
02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/02/21/the-good-the-bad-the-discordant-and-the-uncomfortable/

EXCERPT:

If you are troubled, if you agree with Glenn Beck, if you are tempted to go with a third party, don’t. Instead, get involved in the Republican Party. Change it. Support people like Mike Lee in Utah, Danny Tarkanian in Nevada, Marlin Stutzman in Indiana, Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, Ken Buck in Colorado, MIchael Williams in Texas, and of course Marco Rubio in Florida.

Wha? no mention of Rand Paul in Kentucky... I wonder why not.

Imperial
02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Marlin Stutzman? Somebody read one too many SCF emails. Hostettler is far and away the best conservative in the Indiana Republican Senate primary. Tarkanian? The Dem-lover? Interesting...

HenryAlan
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
These neocons not only terrible politicians but whiners and complainers.

MN Patriot
02-21-2010, 09:34 PM
All you zombies repeat after me: Third parties never win. Must support one of the two parties our beloved Establishment has provided for us. Anyone who supports a third party is an EXTREMIST!!! Extremist BAD! Establishment GOOD!

kahless
02-21-2010, 10:11 PM
It feels like 1994 all over again. Real Conservatives being be shut out in favor of Newt Gingrich's big government neocons. History looks like it will again repeat itself right down to a new big government contract on America.

RebelRoss0587
02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Our country might be running out of time. We don't have the luxury of the time it would take to create a third party. I'm not a republican and I don't ever plan on registering to be a republican or a democrat, but I would call myself conservative. We need to make the Republican Party reflect our principles and we need to hold their feet to the fire when they are elected so they don't let any new power they gain get to their heads.

Number19
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd just like someone to explain how this time, it'll all be different.

And explain it in a way I'd believe.

Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.I can't comment on what was done in the past, all I can comment on is what we are doing in Brazoria County. We have 71 voting precincts. Of these, we already have 22 Texas Liberty Campaign precinct chairs elected - they are unopposed. Additionally, we have 30 candidates running in a contested race. We have a strong candidate running for county chair against a long time Reagan Republican. We are running active campaigns to get our message out to the voter, but the opposition is doing the same. This contest is being well reported in our local paper. We'll just have to wait to see how successful we are.

And we'll just have to see how successful other county efforts around the state turn out to be. And we'll have to see how successful Medina's campaign proves to be.

We're giving it our best effort with available resources and with best case outcome, we'll control the Texas Republican Party and have our candidate sitting in the governor's seat.