PDA

View Full Version : Joe Stack plane attack - Muslim jihadist?, hates our freedom?

djinwa
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
I've had trouble suggesting to neocons that our actions overseas contribute to terrrorism. They will say that it can't be anything our government is doing, but that muslims want to eliminate us all, and they resent us for our freedoms, blah, blah. Ron Paul took heat for suggesting otherwise.

I've been able to point out after Joe Stack's attack that the actions of our government have consequences. You don't have to be muslim to have a problem. And yes, it is extremism to use violence against the government, but there are extremists everywhere, even in America.

I suggested that perhaps we ought to bomb Joe Stack's home town for sponsoring terrorism. Then hire contractors to rebuild it.

Seems this provides opportunities to get some points across, though might not do any good.

lester1/2jr
02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
it's true. it was an act of extreme similarity to 9/11 yet no one suggests he had any agenda other than the one he stated in his manifesto.