PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever see Howard Sterns "Private Parts"? (no random related to RP)

lester1/2jr
02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Anyone ever see or read "Private Parts" by Howard Stern? His story occasionally comes to mind when I think of Ron Paul. Radio, much like politics now, was a dead medium where the status quo was valued above all else and only with a great strain was any change ever made. Stern developed an off the cuff radio show mainly based on stuff he would want to listen to and that he thought people would like and they did.

So he got a huge contract from major coporations...who then for some unknown reason shit all over the guy and did everything they could to ruin his show! Stern and the viewer/ reader sit there bewildered at the apparent contradiction: why did they hire him if they just wanted to slience him? why did htye want to silence him? what was their problem?

Though most analogies don't bear close examination (as the Young Ones taught us) it kind of reminds me of Ron Paul. the GOP now HAS the goose that is laying golden eggs. They are getting tons of young people who want to vote and give money and are excited about the very fundamentals of the movement...and they are completley hostile to it.

I thought by now the media and people would have come around but we are really still where we were in 2008 in ALOT of ways. These people, the MSM, HUFFPO (the NEW MSM) they fucking hate us. They shake our hands wearing ten pairs of rubber gloves while also holding their nose.

I guess we have to just keep doing what we're doing for a long long long time

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Both of them ran for office as members of the Libertarian Party. :D

BlackTerrel
02-22-2010, 01:57 AM
One thing I will say about the Republicans - no one else they have right now can win.

Palin is a friggin joke. No way she gets the majority of Americans to back her.

Romney actually has a lot going for him. And if he weren't a Mormon I'd say he had a great chance of becoming President. (For the record I think the fact that his religion is a hindrance is fucking bullshit - but poll after poll makes this clear).

No one else they have is going anywhere. If it's not Paul it's four more years of Obama - guaranteed.

lester1/2jr
02-22-2010, 08:26 AM
RPK- I'd forgotten that. another similarity

if the analogy hohlds out ron paul will have his own government for which he'll be paid 500 million dollars!

Matt Collins
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
As an audio engineer, I know a friend who has tried the "Speaker trick" and it worked. ;):D