PDA

View Full Version : Clunker blowing smoke

LibForestPaul
02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
This question is posted to understand mini-anarchists POV.

I was on the highway. A truck entered the highway from an entrance ramp. Needless to say, he was blowing a ton of smoke. Not burning a little oil, but quarts. Creating a hazardous driving environment for fellow commuters as well as for me. If this highway was not public, and not patrolled by traffic cops (police officers, your choice), this driver of said trunk has no risk of maintaining his vehicle in less then ideal order. I prefer knowing the 20 ton truck behind me has brakes that well maintained and is in good working order.

How would this situation play out if the highway was not public and not patrolled?

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
This question is posted to understand mini-anarchists POV.

I was on the highway. A truck entered the highway from an entrance ramp. Needless to say, he was blowing a ton of smoke. Not burning a little oil, but quarts. Creating a hazardous driving environment for fellow commuters as well as for me. If this highway was not public, and not patrolled by traffic cops (police officers, your choice), this driver of said trunk has no risk of maintaining his vehicle in less then ideal order. I prefer knowing the 20 ton truck behind me has brakes that well maintained and is in good working order.

How would this situation play out if the highway was not public and not patrolled?

Private owners of the highway can pay for security to patrol it if that is what the consumers will pay for.