PDA

View Full Version : Mike Church's "Our American Dream" Speech --- Great Read!!

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.mikechurch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4192:mike-churchs-qour-american-dreamq-speech&catid=960:public-transcripts&Itemid=300038

Mike Church's "Our American Dream" Speech

In less than 5 minutes now I want to walk you through the steps we must take for Liberty, to make it possible to pursue the American Dream. The first thing we have to establish is whose dream it is we’re pursuing? I always ask callers to my radio show who say “Mitter Church, Mitter Church I’m a conservative and we gotta take this country back from Obama and the Democrats” exactly what is it they’re trying to conserve?

Is it the 8 trillion headed hydra created by FDR, expanded by every President since and most recently by Gingrich, Delay and company?

Is it the radical Republican Party principles of “Honest Abe” Lincoln? No? I propose to you tonight that our Federal System is beyond repair - unless of course we can genetically clone 533 copies of Ron Paul - and that it is the system itself that must be dismantled, bureau by bureau and earmark by earmark. To do that requires that our conservatism embrace the principles of ‘98 and I don’t mean having a hospitality suite party with Monica Lewinsky later on. I’m talking about 1798 and the “little r” republicanism of Thomas Jefferson, the immortal Patrick Henry and John Taylor - no, not the wasn’t guitarist for Duran Duran, John Taylor of Caroline.

This means we need to take what I call the Founders Red Pill. You see, most conservatives, I call them DeceptiCons, love to run around quoting and romanticizing the Founders without bothering to study the way the Founders pursued their American Dream. Here’s the cliff notes version.

The Cliff Notes and the end of the speech can be found at the link above.

Really a great speech. Make sure you follow the link and read the rest. I am hoping posting some of these items from CPAC embolden more of you to get yourselves ready to attend next year.

Southron
02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Great read! Wish I could have been there in person.

Cowlesy
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
//

Matt Collins
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Mike should be having some clips available from his show today on his website. As soon as he does I'll get them spread around.