PDA

View Full Version : OK. I want bumper stickers that say OLD FARTS FOR RON PAUL 2012

wgadget
02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
made up.

What do you guys think?

This "college kids," "young people," "brats" crap has got to quit.

phill4paul
02-21-2010, 04:08 PM
What do you guys think?

LOL. How about "Old Fart for Young People for Ron Paul":p

Vessol
02-21-2010, 04:10 PM
made up.

What do you guys think?

But..but..Michael Steel made the Republican Party hip and urban.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Geezers for Paul? :p Seriously though, we need to do more outreach at nursing homes and retirement centers. Most of these folks would be happy just to have visitors anyway.

anaconda
02-21-2010, 05:31 PM
made up.

What do you guys think?

In the past the Presidential candidate that was the most popular at the "college campuses" was generally not the winner (Eugene McCarthy, Ralph Nader, etc.). I prefer to think of the Liberty movement as pervasive across all demographics. But Ron Paul is smart to continually hammer home the point that the "young people" are fervent about the Liberty platform. They are energetic and visible campaigners and it helps with the counter establishment message.

anaconda
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Geezers for Paul? :p Seriously though, we need to do more outreach at nursing homes and retirement centers. Most of these folks would be happy just to have visitors anyway.

This is a fascinating point. I'll bet a lot of these people would back Ron Paul and are probably becoming an increasingly large demographic. Imagine how many boomers will be in assisted care in about 20 years from now. I wonder what the statistics are on people currently living in assisted care facilities...?

phill4paul
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
This is a fascinating point. I'll bet a lot of these people would back Ron Paul and are probably becoming an increasingly large demographic. Imagine how many boomers will be in assisted care in about 20 years from now. I wonder what the statistics are on people currently living in assisted care facilities...?

It is not a new notion. Retirement centers are a huge draw for votes. In these individuals lives the centers bus ride to the polling centers is a high point of the week.