PDA

View Full Version : You know what these mainsteam Republicans don't understand.

Vessol
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Two things I was thinking about today while at work.

You've seen all this BS from the mainstream Republicans about "making the Republican party more hip" as Michael Steel put it. They want the youths to become involved in it as this is the key to being relevent again. What they fail to realize is that no matter how "hip" or "cool" you make it. Nothing is gonna change unless you change the parties ideology which has been its weakness and now downfall. They laud about the recent CPAC bringing tons of youth.
I'll put my money on the vast majority of those youths are not mainstream Republicans. This completely goes over their head. The party of Neoconservatism is done with. Neoconsevatism has been their platform since Reagan(even perhaps as far as Nixon) and people are waking up to it.
These youth aren't being revitalized because of your crappy new website or your "hip urban" whatever. It's because the youth are waking up and realizing how much you have contributed to screw up their future, and we want our future back.

More towards the general political spectrum. Remember back in 2004 when there was the whole voter turn-out issue? You had all these retarded pundits and media whores coming out and saying 'Vote or Die' or w/e. That we need to increase voter turnout! I remember some idiots even saying we should make voting mandatory.
None of this will work because as my father(whom has never voted in his life) has told me since I was a young boy "All of them are just bastards whom are competing with which side of the same coin is going to rob you blind". People are still blinded by their Left/Right paradigm, but most people seem to either think their vote doesn't matter or that all the candidates suck and there is no point.
This is what we have and must capitalize on again.
Sadly this is also what Obama capitalized on as well..

Just some thoughts, I demand some pennies now.

Chieftain1776
02-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Just finished watching Julie Banderas interview Ron Paul on Fox. She asked him how old he was and pointed out that despite his age many of his supporters are young.

Political hacks think they can just add a pony and it will be all good. It's about the issues and they don't want to deal with that.

Captain Shays
02-21-2010, 03:53 PM
They also don't understand what real Republicanism is relative to foreign policy.

Wanna see a Ron Paul/Republican win on the order of a landslide?

Point out that it was the Democrats who were the Party in power during the start of half the Civil War, the Spanish American War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Somolia, Serbia, Kosovo, while Clinton had 30,000 covert troops in Columbia for 6 years and kept us in Iraq for 8 years while maintaining the arbitrary no fly zones and the sanctions while during those 8 years we bombed the crap out of Iraq 400 times and killed over 1,000 Iraqi's.

It was a Democrat who first used a nuclear bomb on a civilian population and it was that same Democrat who was the first to send our sons to die in a foreign war against a country that never attacked us or threatened us while using the UN as his authority.

It will NEVER happen. Why? Because after 8 long years of defending Bush for going into Iraq they will be forced to admit that his pretext was to enforce UN resolutions and that Iraq never attacked us or threatened us.

That the foreign policy they (Reps) have embraced for the last 100 years has been the same as that embraced by the globalists, militarists, and corporatists for the Democrat Party and they will be revealed as brother progressives.

The Reps will NEVER admit to such sins. All of what they have done and said for a very long time will be revealed to the American people as lies, fraud, abuse, corruption and an evil agenda that is no different from the Democrats.

But if they do admit it and IF they support Ron Paul which is like supporting George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other founding fathers who modeled our foreign policy and style of defense after Switzerland, they WILL win this country over and that, by a huge landslide.

Ron Paul would have gotten us out of Iraq by now and Afghanistan as well while Obama has proven to be just another blood thirsty war mongering, globalist, corporatist just like all the Democrats that preceded him.

wgadget
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Not to mention the fact that it's the YOUNG PEOPLE who bear the brunt of the past 40 years of mismanagement:

1. Who gets to GO to war?
2. Who gets to PAY for our profligate spending?

FOR GOD'S SAKE, GOP...LISTEN TO THE YOUNG PEOPLE.

Vessol
02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I also find it funny that most soldiers I know are either noninterventionalist or completely anti-war. Infact to me it makes no sense for any soldier worth his salt to be pro-war.

Funny how if you attack their foreign policy, they say you then hate the soldiers :rolleyes:

Captain Shays
02-22-2010, 01:55 AM
They're cannon fodder