PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck gave an Excellent speech at CPAC 2010 | Love or Hate Him

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Glenn Beck gave an Excellent speech at CPAC 2010

Things to remember:
* Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul, except on Foreign Policy.
* Tell Glenn Beck you're NOT a 9/11 Truther or Birther when talking to him.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 1 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz2u-xC1FMM)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 2 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mly7DG4TM)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 3 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifiCjiJ9hI)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 4 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB85OY6ScSM)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 5 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OCrAemsrXw)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Keynote Speech at CPAC Pt 6 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cscGMZjfM60)

RJB
02-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I think he's misleading us when he constantly attacks progressives. Progressives are the other side of the neocon coin. I'm not a fan of neocons or progressive but I dislike the left right paradigm when the real problem is the foreign cartel of bankers that run the Fed that playing us against each other as they loot our nation.

coyote_sprit
02-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Looks like he's about to have a heart attack, let's hope he does.

Tell Glenn Beck you're NOT a 9/11 Truther or Birther when talking to him.

If I'm a truther or a birther, I'm not gonna lie about it just to appease a cock stain like Glenn Beck.

Brad Zink
02-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Things to remember:

Beck has supported higher taxes, bailouts, unconstitutional wars, and the Patriot Act. He's a manipulative con man, who is performing an act on television to keep Conservatives under the spell of his corporate masters.

UtahApocalypse
Looks like he's about to have a heart attack, let's hope he does.

If I'm a truther or a birther, I'm not gonna lie about it just to appease a cock stain like Glenn Beck.

You don't have to lie. But you also don't have to flaunt it when there are way more important issues.

Chieppa1
His use of stats and discussion on the 20's was good.

From now on, when some Neo-Con (who may think that they are grassroots) tries to bring up all the points Beck spoke about, just point them to Ron Paul Revolution. Don't argue. Just show them that Beck stole these ideas and facts from the guy they booed.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 10:39 AM

Things to remember:

* Glenn Beck went out of his way to torpedo the Ron Paul nomination when Ron was actually running.
* Glenn Beck is ready to "French kiss" Rick Perry.
* The first words out of Debra Medina's mouth when Rick Perry said do you believe the government did 9/11 was "I don't". That didn't stop this scumbag.
* Sarah Palin said that questioning where Obama was born was "legitimate". But you don't see Beck going off on her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/palin-goes-birther-obama_n_379634.html

* People can give great speeches that we can all agree on and still be pond scum that's not worth listening to.

t0rnado
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
BECK CALLED RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TERRORISTS. Why the fuck do you guys like sucking up to this guy? This lunatic has been given enough chances and has used them to screw over good candidates like Ron Paul and Debra Medina.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 10:58 AM
His speech was GOOD. No one ever said we like the guy! I swear some people on here are as simple and closed minded as most Neo-Cons.

The dude's speech was stolen from Ron Paul sound bites and books. So how does that speech suck? Like I said before, if anyone mentions how much they love Beck and his speech. Just say "he got it all from Ron Paul".

Positive. I swear some of you guys would complain if Dr. Paul got to debate Obama.....but Glen Beck or Chris Matthews read the questions. Who cares? Fuck Glen Beck. Thanks for the speech.

Elwar
02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
It has been over a week since he stabbed us in the back.

Can't we just move on already? He probably won't do it again.

:rolleyes:

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
His speech was GOOD. No one ever said we like the guy! I swear some people on here are as simple and closed minded as most Neo-Cons.

The dude's speech was stolen from Ron Paul sound bites and books. So how does that speech suck? Like I said before, if anyone mentions how much they love Beck and his speech. Just say "he got it all from Ron Paul".

Positive. I swear some of you guys would complain if Dr. Paul got to debate Obama.....but Glen Beck or Chris Matthews read the questions. Who cares? Fuck Glen Beck. Thanks for the speech.

:rolleyes: Nobody say the speech wasn't "good" either. I debate the points Frank made about how Glenn Beck "supports Ron Paul" and that Glenn Beck supposedly is "tough on birthers". Sarah Palin is clearly a birther. Not a hardcore "Obama was definitely born outside the U.S." birther, but "it's a legitimate question" birther. Beck want's to claim he's against "birthers" to cover over the fact that he's insane when it comes to 9/11 truthers.

Anyway, if the OP had simply said "Yeah Beck sucks, but this is a decent speech" without adding the other nonsense I think this would be a short thread.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
It has been over a week since he stabbed us in the back.

Can't we just move on already? He probably won't do it again.

:rolleyes:

So how is liking a speech that got our message out to the Neo-Con zombies bad?

Where in this thread did someone say. Hey! Beck is awesome now.

Its about who heard the speech. And what they heard. Not who said it.

We know the truth. We can spread the truth. But this morning somewhere there is at least 1 person who is more educated about pre- Great Depression economics.

itshappening
02-21-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry Frank, he's a bait and switcher. I dont trust him at all and i HATE HIM

he is finished

Liberty Star
02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Not bad for a pimp and a demagogue like Beck.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 11:09 AM
This will blow you away!

Glenn Beck: John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/) Makes Sense.
Interviewed JBS spokesman Sam Antonio

Glenn Beck and JBS spokesman Sam Antonio talk about the SPP.gov (http://www.SPP.gov/) Security and Prosperity Partnership agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico. July 25, 2007

YouTube - Glenn Beck: John Birch Society Makes Sense. Interviewed JBS spokesman Sam Antonio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qENCbmysnAQ)

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:09 AM
:rolleyes: Nobody say the speech wasn't "good" either. I debate the points Frank made about how Glenn Beck "supports Ron Paul" and that Glenn Beck supposedly is "tough on birthers". Sarah Palin is clearly a birther. Not a hardcore "Obama was definitely born outside the U.S." birther, but "it's a legitimate question" birther. Beck want's to claim he's against "birthers" to cover over the fact that he's insane when it comes to 9/11 truthers.

Anyway, if the OP had simply said "Yeah Beck sucks, but this is a decent speech" without adding the other nonsense I think this would be a short thread.

Rather have a short positive thread. Then another 11 page shitfest about when, why, where Glen Beck hurt Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul can handle it. He ignores it. Why can't you?

But just so I fit it:

GLEN BECK SUCKS.......AGAIN! LETS DO NOTHING PRODUCTIVE! ARGUE ABOUT THE SAME SHIT! LETS MAKE THIS THREAD USELESS! FUCK THE POSITIVE! BEING NEGATIVE IS THE AMERICAN WAY!

There, now this thread is completely retarded.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Not bad for a pimp and a demagogue like Beck.

Exactly. Its not like the people there can actually vote for Beck... He's just a talking head. We give him importance. We let him use us and our movement. Instead, why don't we use him?

Explain to his supporters that all this new found knowledge he has he got from people like us, not Bush, Romney, Palin or Newt.

BuddyRey
02-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Glenn who?!?!

t0rnado
02-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Rather have a short positive thread. Then another 11 page shitfest about when, why, where Glen Beck hurt Dr. Paul.

But just so I fit it:

GLEN BECK SUCKS.......AGAIN! LETS DO NOTHING PRODUCTIVE! ARGUE ABOUT THE SAME SHIT! LETS MAKE THIS THREAD USELESS! FUCK THE POSITIVE! BEING NEGATIVE IS THE AMERICAN WAY!

Hitler had some great speeches. Let's just ignore the Holocaust and have a positive discussion.

Poles, Jews, etc. can handle it. They ignore it now. Why can't you?

/sarcasm

Oh and to those, "HOW CAN YOU COMPARE GLENN BECK TO HITLER?" replies, it's called an analogy. The point is that just because someone makes a good speech doesn't mean that person isn't a complete retard.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 11:20 AM

:rolleyes: I never said I couldn't handle. I'm just correcting misinformation. Beck does not support Dr. Paul. I know that. You know that. I think FrankRep knows that. And why not simply ignore Glenn Beck?

But just so I fit it:

Careful. Glenn Beck's girlfriend Sarah Palin will jump all over you for using the "r" word. ;)

Really. It's simple. Beck gives ok speeches every so often. And he stabs us in the back every so often. Why it bothers you that people are going to point this out whenever someone says something ridiculous like "Glenn Beck is on our side" or "He's becoming more libertarian" or any of the rest of that crap is beyond me. You want people to ignore Beck's attacks on Ron Paul? Why can't you ignore attacks on Glenn Beck?

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
This will blow you away!

Glenn Beck: John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/) Makes Sense.
Interviewed JBS spokesman Sam Antonio

And this is surprising because......? Glenn changes colors faster than a chameleon. I'm sure you've seen the clip where Beck has his own question about 9/11 truth. Apparently the "one and only" question you can ask about 9/11 was what was in Sandy Berger's socks. :rolleyes: And Beck has played both sides of the "birther" question too. The man has no principles. Sure he might say something helpful every so often. So does Keith Olbermann.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Hitler had some great speeches. Let's just ignore the Holocaust and have a positive discussion.

Poles, Jews, etc. can handle it. They ignore it now. Why can't you?

/sarcasm

Oh and to those, "HOW CAN YOU COMPARE GLENN BECK TO HITLER?" replies, it's called an analogy. The point is that just because someone makes a good speech doesn't mean that person isn't a complete retard.

Hitler ended up RUNNING shit. Like Obama. Beck is a talking head. People can listen to him all they want. He's not running for office.

So if Dr. Paul decides to run. And we (well maybe the posters on here that do actual activism) spread around in our local neighborhoods and political events that of all the candidates on the Republican ticket, the one that was speaking about the same events and ideas as their favorite FOX TV host for years was Ron Paul.

How does that NOT show Ron in a good light to common people? Fuck what the media does with it.

Its up to us to convince people.

But it seems that some people here want to just sit and complain about how "unfair" the media and establishment is.

Its not that hard to convince people of your cause if you do it face to face, use facts, ACT RESPECTFULLY, be passionate and show that sometimes....it can be a good time being right.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Really. It's simple. Beck gives ok speeches every so often. And he stabs us in the back every so often. Why it bothers you that people are going to point this out whenever someone says something ridiculous like "Glenn Beck is on our side" or "He's becoming more libertarian" or any of the rest of that crap is beyond me. You want people to ignore Beck's attacks on Ron Paul? Why can't you ignore attacks on Glenn Beck?

Don't care about the attacks on Glenn Beck. I care about winning. And debating the truthfulness of a known liar and backstabber makes us sound like a MSNBC broadcast.

We should be discussing how we can use his speech to our advantage. I'm sure the establishment is.

Liberty Star
02-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Exactly. Its not like the people there can actually vote for Beck... He's just a talking head. We give him importance. We let him use us and our movement. Instead, why don't we use him?

Explain to his supporters that all this new found knowledge he has he got from people like us, not Bush, Romney, Palin or Newt.

Short answer, look up his attempt to setup and sabotage Debra Medina in Texas.

But that's just one latest example.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Short answer, look up his attempt to setup and sabotage Debra Medina in Texas.

But that's just one latest example.

Completely correct. Just pointing out how this has become the GlenBeckforums.com

You want to belittle someone like he does? Use them. I'm sure if I start passing out flyers that say "Vote for Ron Paul, Glen Beck supports him". It would grow our numbers on election day. The establishment tricks America into voting their way. They use every opportunity. They never stop.

I just think we could be doing a better job of campaigning for our cause on a street to street level. And most people living on those streets that call themselves Conservatives have TV. Some watch Beck. Some like what he says. But they can't vote for him. But they can vote for Dr. Paul. We just got to show THEM how much Beck is a fraud. Not keep trying to convince each other.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Don't care about the attacks on Glenn Beck. I care about winning. And debating the truthfulness of a known liar and backstabber makes us sound like a MSNBC broadcast.

We should be discussing how we can use his speech to our advantage. I'm sure the establishment is.

Yes. Of course. And sometimes Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann and any talking head you can think of on the planet says something useful. Even if they're talking against you, sometimes they say something useful. Just don't get lulled into the "talking head X supports Ron Paul" when the evidence shows that he or she doesn't. Had Medina been a little more wary of Glenn Beck when she was interviewed and realized he was a snake looking for a chance to bite her, things might have come out differently.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes. Of course. And sometimes Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann and any talking head you can think of on the planet says something useful. Even if they're talking against you, sometimes they say something useful. Just don't get lulled into the "talking head X supports Ron Paul" when the evidence shows that he or she doesn't. Had Medina been a little more wary of Glenn Beck when she was interviewed and realized he was a snake looking for a chance to bite her, things might have come out differently.

When did I ever say that? I said lets use the snake-in-the-grass's ONE speech to help our cause. And at the same time hurt his.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Completely correct. Just pointing out how this has become the GlenBeckforums.com

Really? People routinely attack Glenn Beck on his own forums? I'll have to check them out then.

You want to belittle someone like he does? Use them. I'm sure if I start passing out flyers that say "Vote for Ron Paul, Glen Beck supports him". It would grow our numbers on election day. The establishment tricks America into voting their way. They use every opportunity. They never stop.

I doubt that. People who hate Glenn Beck would be turned off from Ron Paul by the fliers. People who like Glenn Beck would watch him enough to know that he really doesn't support Ron Paul and would turn off from Ron Paul supporters as being dishonest. But hey, feel free to try it and let us know how that comes out.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Really? People routinely attack Glenn Beck on his own forums? I'll have to check them out then.

That must have went complete over your head.

[QUOTE=jmdrake;2560726]I doubt that. People who hate Glenn Beck would be turned off from Ron Paul by the fliers. People who like Glenn Beck would watch him enough to know that he really doesn't support Ron Paul and would turn off from Ron Paul supporters as being dishonest. But hey, feel free to try it and let us know how that comes out.

It was an example. And why would I be passing fliers out to people who hate Glenn Beck? I'd pass them out to people I know DO like Glenn Beck....but have ignored Ron Paul because FOX and the Republicans tell them too. At the very least it give them one less reason to dislike Ron Paul.

And the only people that would say we are being dishonest is the media and the establishment. The whole point of this is get people to STOP listening to those outlets. Its a win some, lose some idea. But its DOING something.

I only am talking about this because I do it everyday at work. I turned many older Bush voters I work with into Ron Paul followers. Not by spitting on them and belittling them. But by honestly treating them like confused children. But instead of giving them some fabricated truth, I just give them facts.

Like tomorrow. They will all talk about CPAC. Most likely talk about Beck's "awesome speech". And all I have to do is point them to where Dr. Paul spoke about all this shit before Beck was even on TV. Some will listen. Some won't. And some will just follow one or the other. But at least their thinking now. They have the power to decide for themselves.

AuH20
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I think he's misleading us when he constantly attacks progressives. Progressives are the other side of the neocon coin. I'm not a fan of neocons or progressive but I dislike the left right paradigm when the real problem is the foreign cartel of bankers that run the Fed that playing us against each other as they loot our nation.

Progressivism is the de facto tool used by the cartel of bankers to undermine sovereignty and enslave the populace. It's well documented. Neoconservatism is loosely based on progressivism as well.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Progressivism is the de facto tool used by the cartel of bankers to undermine sovereignty and enslave the populace. It's well documented. Neoconservatism is loosely based on progressivism as well.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MYK7YGZ5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/William-F-Buckley-Jr-Establishment/dp/1881919064

William F. Buckley, Jr.: Pied Piper for the Establishment
John F. McManus, JBS President

Neoconservatism Explained:
William F. Buckley Jr.: the Establishment’s “House Conservative”
http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/457-william-f-buckley-jr-the-establishments-house-conservative

Pragmatists? Neoconservatives? What's the Difference?
http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/744-pragmatists-neoconservatives-whats-the-difference

AuH20
02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
the enemy unmasked. And by my estimate, we're 100 years behind them:

YouTube - The Fabian Society & World Communitarianism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecmNI9jVOqs)

Theocrat
02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
I just finished listening to Glenn Beck's speech, and it was okay. He used a lot of rhetoric and humor to engage the audience, but, in the end, I found myself doubting his true intentions. After all, his latest slugfest with Debra Medina did not comport with his wanting true conservative principles and people back in our American republic. I'm pretty sure Medina would agree with his direction, but yet, Beck does not believe she is fit for such a direction. That's where I see the inconsistency between his speech and his activism. Of course, he's done the same thing to Congressman Paul in the past.

Sure, the ideas of liberty and God-given rights were reiterated in Beck's speech in such passion and patriotic fervor. And, yes, it was before a live, nationwide audience. Nonetheless, a person's actions will speak louder than his words. Hitler gave powerful speeches in his day, too, which moved the people, but his premises and his policies were still wrong. Beck may be no Hitler, but as long as he keeps sending true conservatives into the "showers," he will not win me over with his stirring words. Beck needs to live out what he speaks out, and he has not been too convincing to me, as of yet.

ctiger2
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Screw Glenn Beck. Do NOT get trapped by this guy. Make no mistake, he WILL stab you in the back when the time is right.

speciallyblend
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Beck is the Devil ,Bobbi

YouTube - Waterboy - Girls are the devil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWgF8dqneg)

Jeros
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Never Forgive. Never forget.

RM918
02-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Obama gives great speeches, too. Whole lot of good that does.

silus
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM

You're missing the entire point. When something is said disingenuously, why would you give it praise, regardless of how true the words spoken were? You can't disassociate the man from the words, and its been proven time and time again who Glen Beck is and what he stands for. He is a fraud.

Chieppa1
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
You're missing the entire point. When something is said disingenuously, why would you give it praise, regardless of how true the words spoken were? You can't disassociate the man from the words, and its been proven time and time again who Glen Beck is and what he stands for. He is a fraud.

You just quoted me saying "Fuck Glenn Beck". What praise? The speech was good. For us. It was our economic message being taught to zombie voters. :rolleyes:

Everyone talks about how he is under-minding us. All I'm talking about is doing the same to him. Most of you are saying that this speech was done to help hijack our movement. I don't disagree. But why can't we be one step ahead?

No one has told me yet how pointing out to the people who might bring up this speech in conversation, that Beck got his ideas from Ron Paul's studying, books and speeches is a bad thing. If it gets people to read into Dr. Paul its a good thing. Period.

So yes. We would be using Glenn Beck. We think he's slime anyway. What better to get back at someone you hate then spoil their intentions.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
nt

lester1/2jr
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I liked the part about the statue of liberty. the rest was a little high drama for my taste honestly

Travlyr
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Things to remember:

Frank - The enemy is not progressives, liberals, righties, lefties, taxes, spending or any of the other "BS" that Beck talked about.

Read, or re-read "The Revolution" and "End The Fed" by Dr. Ron Paul and you will find the enemy. Good grief... you are, after all, on the Ron Paul Forums.

While I could stretch my imagination to consider this Glen Beck speech entertaining, it is not educational or friendly, and it is not "Good" or "Excellent."

The enemy is the "Fascist Cartel" (The FED) who counterfeits money, influences law to jail anyone else who competes with them, and has removed people who expose them. They are criminals.

Turn off the radio and TV and study the U.S. Constitution (http://constitutionalrepublic.net/constitution.htm)

payme_rick
02-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Frank - The enemy is not progressives, liberals, righties, lefties, taxes, spending or any of the other "BS" that Beck talked about.

[/URL][/U]

oh... cool... they're our allies?

Travlyr
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
oh... cool... they're our allies?

I did not say they are our allies. Those are your words. It takes all of us to make the world go around. While they may be misinformed, I still include them, and I do not consider them to be enemies, they simply need instruction.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I cannot believe what I'm seeing here.

A week after the Medina hatchet job, there are some people here that still think Beck's "OK" based on the fact that he must have popped enough Adderall to stay focused for 60 minutes and join some sentences together coherently.

Make no mistake, nobody in a high place in the MSM is our "friend", but Beck is one of worst in that he will continue to garner trust with his sideshow, only to betray that trust at the most strategic time.

He is entirely too unstable to ever be counted on and should be avoided like the plague by anyone in the "movement".

Travlyr
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I cannot believe what I'm seeing here.

A week after the Medina hatchet job, there are some people here that still think Beck's "OK" based on the fact that he must have popped enough Adderall to stay focused for 60 minutes and join some sentences together coherently.

Make no mistake, nobody in a high place in the MSM is our "friend", but Beck is one of worst in that he will continue to garner trust with his sideshow, only to betray that trust at the most strategic time.

He is entirely too unstable to ever be counted on and should be avoided like the plague by anyone in the "movement".

Honey, honey, poison. Honey, honey, poison. Honey, honey, poison.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM

Read, or re-read "The Revolution" and "End The Fed" by Dr. Ron Paul and you will find the enemy. Good grief... you are, after all, on the Ron Paul Forums.

While I could stretch my imagination to consider this Glen Beck speech entertaining, it is not educational or friendly, and it is not "Good" or "Excellent."

Glenn Beck correctly points out that Progressives like President Woodrow Wilson helped create the Federal Reserve to advance the "centrally planned economy" goal. I view "progressives" as merely being Fabian Socialists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society).

I should point out that the Federal Reserve/Central Bank is the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto.
http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html

Know thy enemy my friend.

Travlyr
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Glenn Beck correctly points out that Progressives like President Woodrow Wilson helped create the Federal Reserve to advance the "centrally planned economy" goal. I view "progressives" as merely being Fabian Socialists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society).

I should point out that the Federal Reserve/Central Bank is the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto.
http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html

Know thy enemy my friend.

An "Excellent" speech by Glen Beck would have included, "The FED is a fascist cartel that Ron Paul has exposed in his book "End The Fed", and Ron Paul is right that we have 700 military bases in over 130 countries in the world. Bring the troops home and defend the homeland."

Vessol
02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
TEDDY ROOSEVELT WAS A SOCIALIST!

what?

Also, I hate when he uses "Progressivism". It's a very vague term and it's thrown around a lot willy nilly.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
An "Excellent" speech by Glen Beck would have included, "The FED is a fascist cartel that Ron Paul has exposed in his book "End The Fed", and Ron Paul is right that we have 700 military bases in over 130 countries in the world. Bring the troops home and defend the homeland."
Glenn Beck did call out the Federal Reserve and Woodrow Wilson.

I made a note about how "Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul, except on Foreign Policy."

RideTheDirt
02-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I refuse to watch this crap. Beck is NOT a friend of Liberty. He supports war bailouts and big gov. This guy called us terrorists, and continues to attack Medina.

Don't waste your time on this douche.

Did he really bring the fucking chalkboard? LOL

Travlyr
02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Glenn Beck did call out the Federal Reserve and Woodrow Wilson.

I made a note about how "Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul, except on Foreign Policy."

Glen Beck is wrong on Foreign Policy! It was not an "Excellent" speech by Beck. It was fun "Hollywood" style entertainment, but I would be embarrassed to have called it "Excellent."

Vessol
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Did he really bring the fucking chalkboard? LOL

Sit down boy, Glenn Beck is here to school you. He knows more then you.

(that's always been my interpretation of his retarded chalk board)

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 04:19 PM

That must have went complete over your head.

No it didn't. I just didn't agree with it. You're saying this isn't "GlennBeckForums.com". I agree. You think that this means the forum shouldn't be about attacking Glenn Beck. I think it shouldn't be about attacking or praising Glenn Beck. But if someone brings up Beck then everything is fair game.

It was an example. And why would I be passing fliers out to people who hate Glenn Beck? I'd pass them out to people I know DO like Glenn Beck....but have ignored Ron Paul because FOX and the Republicans tell them too. At the very least it give them one less reason to dislike Ron Paul.

And you don't think the people who like Glenn Beck might not pass those fliers on to others that might not? :rolleyes:

Besides, why pass out anything that's not true? Glenn Beck does not support Ron Paul. Period. If you lie to gain supporters you will get caught in that lie and end up losing.

And the only people that would say we are being dishonest is the media and the establishment. The whole point of this is get people to STOP listening to those
outlets. Its a win some, lose some idea. But its DOING something.

Glenn Beck is part of that media establishment. Just a month ago Glenn Beck said in on uncertain terms that he does NOT support Ron Paul. Fine. I can live with that. Sure Glenn Beck supports some of Ron Paul's ideas and that's great! But he does not support Ron Paul. Why lie about that?

I only am talking about this because I do it everyday at work. I turned many older Bush voters I work with into Ron Paul followers. Not by spitting on them and belittling them. But by honestly treating them like confused children. But instead of giving them some fabricated truth, I just give them facts.

Wonderful. Give people the facts. But don't make up fantasy. Claiming that Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul is not a "fact". If you want to make up a flier that shows positions that Glenn Beck and Ron Paul have in common, go for it.

Like tomorrow. They will all talk about CPAC. Most likely talk about Beck's "awesome speech". And all I have to do is point them to where Dr. Paul spoke about all this shit before Beck was even on TV. Some will listen. Some won't. And some will just follow one or the other. But at least their thinking now. They have the power to decide for themselves.

Super. Tell people how Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul's positions. Just don't claim that Glenn Beck supports Ron Paul and you'll be fine.

I have nothing against giving Glenn Beck credit when he deserves it. But claiming he supports Ron Paul is just dishonest. This from several weeks ago.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2536883&postcount=27
Beck: I agree with you....I just don't think...I can make friends Rand Paul because the fundamentals are there....The fundamentals of understanding of the constitution. I'd rather make friends with Rand Paul than John McCain. If I had to choose who I'd campaign for..from what I know about Rand Paul and John McCain I would choose Rand. Now I would not say the same for his father. I just think Ron is out there on a few things.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
When did I ever say that? I said lets use the snake-in-the-grass's ONE speech to help our cause. And at the same time hurt his.

Let's see. You said Vote for Ron Paul, Glen Beck supports him.

I'm sorry. That's just not true. Why not say Vote for Ron Paul. Glenn Beck likes him and supports a lot of his ideas. While that's debatable, at least someone can't pull up some recent YouTube where Beck said he does not support Ron Paul and bust you on it. But he. They're your fliers. Do what you want.

Immortal Technique
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah its not about left or right is it Glenn
Its about Progressives and non Progressives
Geez way to smash the Left Right Paradigm Beck........[sarcasm]

sofia
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
BECK CALLED RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TERRORISTS. Why the fuck do you guys like sucking up to this guy? This lunatic has been given enough chances and has used them to screw over good candidates like Ron Paul and Debra Medina.

People like FrankRep suffer from battered wives syndrome.

wgadget
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
And please, someone call him tomorrow and ask why he thinks the crowd booed Ron Paul's straw poll win and cheered HIM, while they were both making a lot of the same points...

And I still want to know how a big, imperialistic military is not considered "big government" by Beck.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
What does Ron Paul say about Glenn Beck?

YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Ron Paul explains what he meant by CIA Coup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMsJPv1sFM4)

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
What does Ron Paul say about Glenn Beck?

YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Ron Paul explains what he meant by CIA Coup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMsJPv1sFM4)

What does Glenn Beck say about Ron Paul (when Ron's not on with him) Go in 4 minutes.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Palin and Rand Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4DOjpticM0#t=4m0s)

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
What does Glenn Beck say about Ron Paul (when Ron's not on with him) Go in 4 minutes.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Palin and Rand Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4DOjpticM0#t=4m0s)

Glenn Beck disagrees with Ron Paul on Foreign Policy. That's been established already.

catdd
02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Beck and his partner judging which people "get it" and which people don't?

StateofTrance
02-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Beck is a psycho. Leave him alone y'all.

SelfTaught
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
What I don't get are all these people that think Beck's conspiring against us. Not often do people consider that maybe (just maybe), Beck just is who he is. Okay, he disagrees with us on some issues and has problems with Ron Paul. So what? Many people disagree with Ron Paul on a lot of things. It doesn't mean he's got some sinister plot to mislead the liberty movement.

Do I think all conspiracies are bogus? No. I just think that there are other things to consider when analyzing the motives for a person's behavior. It can't always be the case that, "everyone is out to get us!"

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Glenn Beck disagrees with Ron Paul on Foreign Policy. That's been established already.

Beck also disagrees with the idea that the next president can roll back the American empire or get rid of the department of education either.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
What I don't get are all these people that think Beck's conspiring against us. Not often do people consider that maybe (just maybe), Beck just is who he is. Okay, he disagrees with us on some issues and has problems with Ron Paul. So what? Many people disagree with Ron Paul on a lot of things. It doesn't mean he's got some sinister plot to mislead the liberty movement.

Do I think all conspiracies are bogus? No. I just think that there are other things to consider when analyzing the motives for a person's behavior. It can't always be the case that, "everyone is out to get us!"

He was clearly out to get Medina.

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Beck also disagrees with the idea that the next president can roll back the American empire or get rid of the department of education either.

Ron Paul always talks about transitional period. Trust me those two are not far off from each other's stances.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Ron Paul would agree with that statement too. Ron Paul says we must gradually remove the Big Government control. You can't abolish all the unconstitutional programs overnight.

Agorism
02-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Beck may have cost us the tx governor, which we needed for 2012.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Ron Paul would agree with that statement too. Ron Paul says we must gradually remove the Big Government control. You can't abolish all the unconstitutional programs overnight.

Beck couldn't name one unconstitutional program he'd get rid of. And "transition program" does not equal "president can't say we're going to do X, Y, or Z". A president can say we're ending the programs and then lay out his transitional plan.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Ron Paul always talks about transitional period. Trust me those two are not far off from each other's stances.

Yes they are. See my response to FrankRep. And since you can't read Glen Beck or Ron Paul's mind I don't "trust you" to tell me what they are thinking. ;)

SelfTaught
02-21-2010, 06:52 PM
He was clearly out to get Medina.

Ever consider that maybe he just dislikes certain members associated with the Liberty movement? He doesn't seem to have a problem with Tom Woods, Peter Schiff, Charles Goyette, HR1207, etc.

Just because he already made up his mind about Medina and was out to get her doesn't mean that he stands against everything that we stand for.

FrankRep
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Beck may have cost us the tx governor, which we needed for 2012.

Glenn Beck is a Jerk, but Debra Medina (as much as I love her) made a serious political mistake by dancing around the 9/11 Truther question. She should have said: "I'm NOT a 9/11 Truther." We can't shift all the blame to Beck.

SelfTaught
02-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Glenn Beck is a Jerk, but Debra Medina (as much as I love her) made a serious political mistake by dancing around the 9/11 Truther question. She should have said: "I'm NOT a 9/11 Truther." We can't shift all the blame to Beck.

Exactly. If you can't answer with a simple no, then you have to accept the fact that many people aren't going to like that.

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes they are. See my response to FrankRep. And since you can't read Glen Beck or Ron Paul's mind I don't "trust you" to tell me what they are thinking. ;)

Semantics.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM

Beck should never have asked the question. He was being a prick. Debra Medina isn't running for federal office so 9/11 doesn't matter. There are a lot of other campaigns he could torpedo if he wanted to be a jerk like he was with Medina. Not all on the "9/11" front, but if you dig deep enough you can find a "lose/lose" question on just about everyone. It's clear to anyone who wants to pay attention. Beck's girlfriend Palin has backed Rand and Beck can't attack him and Beck needed to offer someone up as a sacrificial lamb to placate the PTB and Medina was it.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Exactly. If you can't answer with a simple no, then you have to accept the fact that many people aren't going to like that.

Palin recently said that Obama's birth was a "fair question". Beck recently included both "birthers" and "truthers" as his "5 percent fringe" that everybody should "state away from". Do you see Beck attacking Palin on that issue? No. And guess what? He's not going to! Goodness, I don't get why people keep excusing this hypocritical jerk? If you poke and prod hard enough you will find some question for every politician that he or she can't answer with a simple "yes or no".

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Beck should never have asked the question. He was being a prick. Debra Medina isn't running for federal office so 9/11 doesn't matter. There are a lot of other campaigns he could torpedo if he wanted to be a jerk like he was with Medina. Not all on the "9/11" front, but if you dig deep enough you can find a "lose/lose" question on just about everyone. It's clear to anyone who wants to pay attention. Beck's girlfriend Palin has backed Rand and Beck can't attack him and Beck needed to offer someone up as a sacrificial lamb to placate the PTB and Medina was it.

You are right GB is a dipshit but what FrankRep said is true also.

Agorism
02-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I blame beck and medina both.

RideTheDirt
02-21-2010, 07:17 PM

couldn't even get through the clip.

SelfTaught
02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Goodness, I don't get why people keep excusing this hypocritical jerk?

I never excused him from any wrongdoing. I take the position that he already made up his mind about Medina before the interview. But that question could have disarmed with a simple no. Can't just blame the question. Some (if not most) of the blame goes to the answer as well.

Let's say Mike Church asked her the same question and she gave the same answer and caused some controversy. She should be able to give a suitable answer regardless of the intentions of the interviewer.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I never excused him from any wrongdoing. I take the position that he already made up his mind about Medina before the interview. But that question could have disarmed with a simple no. Can't just blame the question. Some (if not most) of the blame goes to the answer as well.

Let's say Mike Church asked her the same question and she gave the same answer and caused some controversy. She should be able to give a suitable answer regardless of the intentions of the interviewer.

If it wasn't 9/11, it would have been something else.

Fer chrissakes, he modified the recording of the interview after the fact to make sound worse than it appears.

And if he couldn't trip her up with anything, then he would have just made something up.

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 07:42 PM

Fer chrissakes, he modified the recording of the interview after the fact to make sound worse than it appears.

And if he couldn't trip her up with anything, then he would have just made something up.

Lets not go there...

edit:
To clarify I think that is exactly what he did. However same thing did not work on Ron Paul so Medina did do something wrong. My personal opinion was that she tried to reason with him and that clearly backfired. Anyways we are derailing the thread at this point.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 07:55 PM

Look. Go back and watch the clip where Beck put the birthers and the truthers in the "5 percent radical fringe", read where Sarah Palin said that Obama's birth is a "fair question" and then ask yourself "If Beck just wants yes or no questions, why has he not hammered Palin". And Palin isn't the only one he could hammer.

Here's the bottom line. Could Medina have done better? Sure. If she realized ahead of time that she was walking into hostile territory just by virtue of being a Ron Paul supporter! If you're conservative in any way (neo or paleo) and you're going on Chris Matthews show, expect him to twist your words. If you are a true liberty conservative, and you go on the Glenn Beck show, expect Beck to twist your words too! Don't be conned into thinking Beck is on "your side" because he somehow "supports Ron Paul". The truth is he doesn't. Beck, Palin and their handlers are playing a game with the Rand Paul endorsement to try to silence us going into 2012. While that's helpful for Rand winning KY, we (myself included) were fools for thinking that Beck might have somehow "turned the corner". He hasn't. It's a charade and a part of a larger chess game and the sooner we recognize this the better off we'll all be.

jmdrake
02-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Lets not go there...

edit:
To clarify I think that is exactly what he did. However same thing did not work on Ron Paul so Medina did do something wrong. My personal opinion was that she tried to reason with him and that clearly backfired. Anyways we are derailing the thread at this point.

Am I missing something? Did Ron Paul become president? When Glenn Beck questioned Ron Paul about 9/11 he was polite on the air, but the very next day Beck basically called Ron Paul a liar about 9/11 on his radio show. (Beck found it incredulous that Ron Paul had never "heard" of certain 9/11 theories.) Paul was questioned several times about 9/11 by different interviewers over a period of months. The first time I heard him asked about it was by Nashville radio host Steve Gill. We here in Nashville knew the question was coming because Gill had attacked Ron Paul on 9/11 on the air before he asked Ron Paul to do an interview. So we hammered Steve Gill preemptively and demanded that he not be a jerk. To our pleasant surprise he wasn't. By the time Ron got around to Beck he was used to people questioning him on this. By contrast this was Medina's first time on the 9/11 hot seat. All things considered I think she did fine.

As for derailing the thread, that happened when the words "Beck supports Ron Paul" were inserted in the OP. :D

silverhandorder
02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Am I missing something? Did Ron Paul become president? When Glenn Beck questioned Ron Paul about 9/11 he was polite on the air, but the very next day Beck basically called Ron Paul a liar about 9/11 on his radio show. (Beck found it incredulous that Ron Paul had never "heard" of certain 9/11 theories.) Paul was questioned several times about 9/11 by different interviewers over a period of months. The first time I heard him asked about it was by Nashville radio host Steve Gill. We here in Nashville knew the question was coming because Gill had attacked Ron Paul on 9/11 on the air before he asked Ron Paul to do an interview. So we hammered Steve Gill preemptively and demanded that he not be a jerk. To our pleasant surprise he wasn't. By the time Ron got around to Beck he was used to people questioning him on this. By contrast this was Medina's first time on the 9/11 hot seat. All things considered I think she did fine.

As for derailing the thread, that happened when the words "Beck supports Ron Paul" were inserted in the OP. :D

Yeah I am not that much in the know. Thanks for that info.

I came in in the middle and already lost the point I was trying to defend.

To recap I do not trust Beck but I do like his rhetoric. From what I heard in the past his disagreements with Ron Paul are superficial. Not being nice to us is not going to motivate to go on anti Beck crusade. There are a lot of jerks around. If Beck is one of those Jerks then I will thank him for the pulpit he gives us.

Jeros
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Medina didn't make a mistake. She didn't dance around a question. She doesn't know all the information regarding 9/11. She told him as much.

Glenn Beck used Medina's honesty against her. She told him what she thought. She told him the truth. This is what Ron Paul would have done. Do we expect those we support to behave like those we are attempting to replace? Can electing a politician on a lie benefit an ideology whose intent is to create a genuine environment of liberty through the dissemination of that ideology? Do we trick people into thinking like us? Should candidates lie about their beliefs, and once in office just say "gotcha!"

Beck is a dishonest tool. Nobody should apologize for him. Nobody should fault Medina for the sake of Beck. Imagine a congress full of Medinas. Imagine a congress full of Becks. The dichotomy is analogous to fascism vs freedom. Power corrupts. How would you guess power affects Beck? He is playing a game. He is a Machiavellian. I don't understand how any intelligent honest person could defend him day after day. I guess he is not the only Machiavellian around.

Why so many attempts to point out what was, at worse, an honest mistake by an honest person? Could anybody who thinks like us have accomplished more in Texas? I don't think so. The motives of those who constantly parrot the same worn out arguments are naive at best, and dangerous at worse. If you don't like Medina's honesty, quit flaming her and go start your own campaign. I am sure it not difficult to do.

rprprs
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM

Yes, this. Beck set out to discredit Medina. 911 was just that day's weapon of choice. And the degree to which Medina may have misspoken has nothing to do with this. That is an entirely separate issue. It's not that the interview suddenly took a negative turn after the 911 question. Beck planned this long before Debra even picked up the phone . And, on that score, there is no blame to be assigned to Medina, no matter what her words. The events of that day were no less than a contrived and blatant assault on a liberty candidate. And for that, there is no excuse.