PDA

View Full Version : Staged Boo at CPAC?

Bruno
02-21-2010, 09:47 AM
The posts below from another thread in conjuction with the media's obsession with the boo after the announcement, make a strong case that CPAC purposefully shut out Ron Paul supporters and that the boo may have been, therefore, staged.

The purpose of this thread is for discussion of that topic as well supporting witness testimony, capturing news articles and headlines focusing on the boo, the diamond pass and who got it, how people were told they were not allowed in and how they were identified, lessons learned, etc.

Thanks.

They didn't have "diamond" passes and were not allowed in the room.

I think posting it here, and elsewhere is what may have got the doors 'locked' 2 hours before Glen beck and the announcement that RP won.

This screwed us royally by not having RP support inside allowing the boos to happen.

We need to remember that Politics even though it can be fun we should have class.

Wimp out? No, in case you haven't heard, WE WON! Ron Paul stole the show. It would have been foolish and ill advised to then disrupt the event and give ammo to our enemies. The MSM can not ignore what happened today, so it's better to take the victory and not give them good reason to smear us.

YAL couldn't even cheer for Ron Paul when he was announced the winner.

Heard on the mainstream news this morning that RP won the straw poll, and that when it was announced, there were boos from the CPACers.

Bruno
02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100220151754AAKQvcm

QuestionShow me another »
Isn't it strange that the CPAC crowd would boo Ron Paul after he won a CPAC presidential straw poll?
Obviously straw polls are useless for predicting the future...

But doesn't it seem like these people booing at Ron Paul's name being called are the same people that booed Ron Paul in early 2007 when he warned them the economy was about to be in very bad shape?? (McCain said "the fundamentals were strong" and everyone cheered.....oops)

The same people that put Bush in office?? The same people who watched the "conservative" Bush expand the govt. like never before??

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/02/20…

"This year, Ron Paul breaks Mitt Romney’s winning streak. Clearly Romney realized he was not getting a good return on his investment of organizing voters to vote — a regular phenomenon among potential candidates.

2,395 CPAC registrants voted in the CPAC poll. It’s the largest number of votes in CPAC straw polling history, but but less than 25% of the total turnout at CPAC.

48% of the votes cast were from students. 32% were from paying non-student individuals.

31% voted for Ron Paul. The crowd booed when it was announced."
17 hours ago - 3 days left to answer.

Answer Question

Bruno
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
This Fox hit piece mentions nothing about Ron Paul at all, except that he was booed (and misspells participation).

ht tp://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/20/cpac-ers-boo-ron-paul-announcement/

CPAC-ers Boo Ron Paul Announcement
February 20, 2010 - 6:27 PM | by: Jake Gibson
Ron Paul's surprising win in the 2010 CPAC Presidential Straw Poll spurred audible gasps and boos in the room.

Only about 25 percent of the nearly ten thousand CPAC registrants turned in ballots, but partication was very high among the younger attendees.

catdd
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
The loudest cheers came from the Romney supporters and it came from the same section as the boos. I'm convinced it was them.

Bruno
02-21-2010, 10:00 AM
The loudest cheers came from the Romney supporters and it came from the same section as the boos. I'm convinced it was them.

Then the headline should have read "Ron Paul sweeps CPAC poll, Romney supporters boo at their loss".

But we all know the media doesn't give fair shakes to Ron.

catdd
02-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Then the headline should have read "Ron Paul sweeps CPAC poll, Romney supporters boo at their loss".

But we all know the media doesn't give fair shakes to Ron.

They want it to look as though the entire crowd was upset, but it came mostly from that section of the audience.

LibertyMage
02-21-2010, 10:02 AM
We need to do a better job of working the media.

hillertexas
02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
It's just so damn maddening...I wish there was a way to nip this kinda stuff in the bud from the beginning this time. MSM assholes.

Chester Copperpot
02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
It's just so damn maddening...I wish there was a way to nip this kinda stuff in the bud from the beginning this time. MSM assholes.

Education of people stops this..

"Tyranny begins in ignorance" -Ben Franklin

UtahApocalypse
02-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Everyone blames the MSM. This was OUR own fault.

The irony to me is that everyone is pissed that they booed Ron Paul, yet they were planning to Boo Glen beck. Had they not planned to be rude and yell during Glen Becks speech then maybe they would have been allowed into the room where the mdia would have heard the cheers and not boos.

Theocrat
02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Seriously, I don't understand why members of this forum are making such a huge deal about Congressman Paul being booed. He was booed at most of the 2007 Presidential debates. He was booed (or ignored) at winning other straw polls.

It should come as no surprise to his supporters that many so-called conservatives are not excited about his ideas, and most importantly, his career in politics. CPAC has been the evidence needed to show that today's most popular conservatives are simply not willing to repent of their faulty views on the principles of liberty, sound economics, humble foreign policy, and even some good, old-fashioned American moral character.

Jesus was "booed" by the chief leaders and His own people of His day for His words, and Dr. Paul, in this political climate, will be torn down for his views (as a "voice crying in the wilderness"), as well. No servant is above his master. ;)

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Take into consideration that at 2pm people were already lining up for gingrich and beck. The bulk of your ron paul supporters were in the Delaware Room listening to the foreign policy discussion that ran very late because of the long speeches. When it ended, there was no way you could gwt into the ballroom except if you had a diamond pass.

It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

And screw the boo'ers. If they cannot act like adults, then, we'll treat them like children.

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Take into consideration that at 2pm people were already lining up for gingrich and beck. The bulk of your ron paul supporters were in the Delaware Room listening to the foreign policy discussion that ran very late because of the long speeches. When it ended, there was no way you could gwt into the ballroom except if you had a diamond pass.

And screw the boo'ers. If they cannot act like adults, then, we'll treat them like children.

Bruno
02-21-2010, 10:15 AM

The irony to me is that everyone is pissed that they booed Ron Paul, yet they were planning to Boo Glen beck. Had they not planned to be rude and yell during Glen Becks speech then maybe they would have been allowed into the room where the mdia would have heard the cheers and not boos.

Ah, but they didn't boo Beck, and Beck was on before the announcement was made. They could have still let the Ron Paul supporters (and voters in the poll) in to enjoy their victory. The fact that cheers were only heard outside the room is very telling.

And not everyone agreed booing Beck was a good idea. The threads here that discussed it had a lot of people agreeing it wasn't a smart move.

Seriously, I don't understand why members of this forum are making such a huge deal about Congressman Paul being booed. He was booed at most of the 2007 Presidential debates. He was booed (or ignored) at winning other straw polls.

It should come as no surprise to his supporters that many so-called conservatives are not excited about his ideas, and most importantly, his career in politics. CPAC has been the evidence needed to show that today's most popular conservatives are simply not willing to repent of their faulty views on the principles of liberty, sound economics, humble foreign policy, and even some good, old-fashioned American moral character.

Jesus was "booed" by the chief leaders and His own people of His day for His words, and Dr. Paul, in this political climate, will be torn down for his views (as a "voice crying in the wilderness"), as well. No servant is above his master. ;)

Because for this boo, they purposefully shut out the Paul supporters who had actually won the poll. We may be used to it, but that doesn't mean we need to put up with it or accept it.

Bruno
02-21-2010, 10:21 AM

If that is true, then I am much more pleased that this wasn't the set up it appeared to be, considering how CPAC has been reported to have been embarrased by the results, and running down hallways to capture the boos.

KCIndy
02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Seriously, I don't understand why members of this forum are making such a huge deal about Congressman Paul being booed.

I know Dr. Paul has been booed before, and I vividly recall some of the crowd reactions during the debates in '07 and '08. I know RP can just shrug this off and keep going.

What I find aggravating about the lopsided and biased media reporting is this: with the media filling people's heads with false ideas about Ron Paul and the Liberty movement, it makes it doubly difficult to win people around to our cause. Instead of being neutral or ambivalent, people are going to have the wrong idea of RP to begin with. FIRST we'll have to correct the false impressions and ideas, and THEN we'll have to make the case for the cause of liberty.

Essentially, every time the media slurs Dr. Paul and presents falsehoods as truth, they're making our work twice as hard.

ladyjade3
02-21-2010, 10:34 AM

This was my experience. I was outside watching the monitors with the cool kids and we were cheering and breaking into chants of "Ron Paul Ron Paul"

Theocrat
02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
I know Dr. Paul has been booed before, and I vividly recall some of the crowd reactions during the debates in '07 and '08. I know RP can just shrug this off and keep going.

What I find aggravating about the lopsided and biased media reporting is this: with the media filling people's heads with false ideas about Ron Paul and the Liberty movement, it makes it doubly difficult to win people around to our cause. Instead of being neutral or ambivalent, people are going to have the wrong idea of RP to begin with. FIRST we'll have to correct the false impressions and ideas, and THEN we'll have to make the case for the cause of liberty.

Essentially, every time the media slurs Dr. Paul and presents falsehoods as truth, they're making our work twice as hard.

I understand what you're saying. However, our work to promote Congressman Paul's ideas to the masses has always been hard work. As a fellow supporter working inside my beloved Church (the contemporary American Church), it has been a double task for me presenting his views to other Christians, so I know the frustration [lol].

The media are always going to make truth a stumblingblock to the public because they (the media) are founded on falsehoods. It is in human nature to reject truth and cling to lies. So, we do not need to worry about the influence of the media against Dr. Paul's views as much as the need for men's souls to change so that they receive that which is true.

Congressman Paul being booed at CPAC is just a "strain at a gnat" to the public because they already have other preconceived notions about him and his ideas which contribute to their not liking him. Once his views are vindicated by the collapse of our liberties, economy, and luxuries, maybe then people will wake up. All in all, it depends totally on God's sovereign will, anyway.

rp08orbust
02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I think a very relevant fact in this discussion is that the results were leaked to Fox News at least 10 minutes before the results were announced. I do not recall any news networks having the results before they were announced in previous years.

So, if Fox News was tipped off to the results, who else inside the ball room might have been tipped off as well? Did Romney's fans receive a tweet preparing them for a concerted "boo"?

Perhaps CPAC was afraid of the media capturing the rejoicing Ron Paul fans outside the ball room, so Fox News was given the results early so that they would have nothing to film but a crowd silently waiting in anticipation.

reduen
02-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Boooing only makes a Paulite stronger!!!! Haven't they learned this yet???? :cool:

SWATH
02-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Boooing only makes a Paulite stronger!!!! Haven't they learned this yet???? :cool:

We eat their boo's for sustenance.

Peace&Freedom
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM

The irony to me is that everyone is pissed that they booed Ron Paul, yet they were planning to Boo Glen beck. Had they not planned to be rude and yell during Glen Becks speech then maybe they would have been allowed into the room where the media would have heard the cheers and not boos.

Yes, we should know by this point that this is how it's going to be, yet we should forge ahead and win the polls and other contests that we can. Really, what were we supposed to expect from Fox News except anti-Paul spin in covering a pro-Paul outcome? We should still be on the look out for attempts to be made by the MSM to freeze out coverage of Paul FROM THE OUTSET of the 2012 primary season, should he decide to run. They may not want to give him a launching pad again, and so might come up with a bogus "you gotta be at 15% in the polls to be in the debates" standard for inclusion, or some such nonsense.

Matt Collins
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Rachel and Cowsley seem to be dead on from my understanding. The CFL event ran a bit late and by the time it got out the main hall to see GB was already full. Besides I'm willing to bet most CFL'ers didn't care about seeing Glenn Beck anyway, especially after how he treated Medina last week.

Original_Intent
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Lol the media is not "workable" unless you write their paychecks.

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 11:50 AM

hahahaha -- laughed out loud at that one!

nobody's_hero
02-21-2010, 12:00 PM

This made me laugh, too.

I know Arnold isn't the best standard bearer for our cause, but, I couldn't resist this clip:

YouTube - Commando - I eat Green Berets for Breakfast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tkkpfhd07s)

Theocrat
02-21-2010, 12:43 PM

http://sylviagarza.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/boo-berry-cereal-box-11.jpg

Jeros
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM

Controversy helps us. Genteelness helps maintain the status quo. Those boos, inconsistent with the results, places a question mark in the minds of our opponents. What is with the obsession of attempting to behave within the confines of thought pre-approved by the media and political establish?

Controversy is what catapulted the Ron Paul presidential run well beyond any past attempt. Controversy is what makes people question preconceived notion of righteousness.I am in no hurry to generate respectability among tyrants.

Gage
02-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I think posting it here, and elsewhere is what may have got the doors 'locked' 2 hours before Glen beck and the announcement that RP won.

This screwed us royally by not having RP support inside allowing the boos to happen.

We need to remember that Politics even though it can be fun we should have class.
The doors were locked because the room was at complete maximum capacity. I got there at noon during Ann Coulter's speech, and didn't leave until after Beck, having only drank one small cup of water, and eaten nothing. The fact that anyone in the RP crowd thought that they could get in to the room one or two hours beforehand is our own fault, and should be noted for next year.

wgadget
02-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Does this mean that from now on, I can post comments like this on comment boards?:

"Those dang Romneyites...Their man isn't so bad, but his supporters REALLY turned me off. The blatant RUDENESS of those churls...They've ruined any chance I might ever vote for Romney."

hillertexas
02-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Does this mean that from now on, I can post comments like this on comment boards?:

"Those dang Romneyites...Their man isn't so bad, but his supporters REALLY turned me off. The blatant RUDENESS of those churls...They've ruined any chance I might ever vote for Romney."

yes

Agorism
02-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Just defeat Romney against next year.

HOLLYWOOD
02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Just defeat Romney again next year.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0220/CPAC-Ron-Paul-wins-CPAC-straw-poll-ends-Romney-s-CPAC-domination

Disclaimer: This doesn't count
In case you thought that today's event meant that Paul had actually won the presidency, FOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/20/ron-paul-wins-presidential-straw-poll-cpac/) offered this helpful reminder: "The straw poll is not binding."
And Ben Smith over at Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0210/Paul_Romney_take_straw_poll.html?showall) notes that the attendees of the conference don't really sync up with the rest of the country.
"Not only did Obama's approval rating stand at 2%, but Congressional Republicans stand at a full 62% approval rating," he writes.
That makes you wonder how those two percent got in there.

Funny of FIXED FAUX NEWS... they didn't say this last year when Romney won the CPAC Straw Poll... I wonder why? :rolleyes:

someperson
02-21-2010, 02:15 PM

I've noticed that many individuals have a strong, introspective reaction to learning that another person is sincerely disappointed in either them or those they respect. These kinds of comments could be very effective ;)

wgadget
02-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Well...Here's another explanation of the BOOS from another forum:

Originally Posted by xxxxx
wife said she watched the replay --

she said beck was talking about the fed and the audience was booing the fed when the poll results were released on the scoreboard.

the msm is framing it as the boos were for ron paul's victory.

classic.

mrchubbs
02-21-2010, 07:24 PM
What some others have said is precisely what happened...

I was in the main room for Ann Coulter's speech. We left, had lunch, then I went to the C4L events beginning at 1pm (YAL Summit and Anti-war conservative forum).

I left that room around 3:45pm (the schedule said that event was supposed to start at 2pm and end at 3pm). I left during the question and answer portion.

When leaving that room there was already a long long line way down the hallway waiting to get into the main ballroom. I overheard a volunteer telling people in line that they will likely not be able to get in since the room was full and the people in there were going to stay in there waiting for Beck, etc..

BTW, the anti-war conservative forum was EXCELLENT and the room was packed/standing room only.

I, along with many others, chose to go into one of the overflow rooms to watch the poll results and Beck. Even the overflow rooms were filling to capacity.

Also of note, is that CPAC offered Saturday only tickets at a discounted price. A co-worker and his wife utilized this and sat in the main room the entire day. I was supposed to be with them, but they didn't want to lose their spot and I wasn't able to get back in the room.

The voting in the straw poll ended at 1pm on Friday. It is likely that the majority of the people in the main room on Saturday were Saturday only ticket holders. They could not vote in the Straw Poll since it ended on Friday. THIS is probably why there were so many boos. These people came to see Coulter, Gingrich, and Beck.

There was no staged boo. It was merely a majority of the neo-cons sitting in their seats in the main room reacting to Ron Paul crapping all over Mitt Romney's sideburns.

In my overflow room there were so many cheers that I had no idea there were boos in the main room until I read about it later.

Enjoy!

Bruno
02-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses. Its great to hear that something wasn't rotten in Denmark.

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
mrchubbs nailed it --- and I didn't know about the saturday-only ticket holders. I didn't know you were there!

mrchubbs
02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
mrchubbs nailed it --- and I didn't know about the saturday-only ticket holders. I didn't know you were there!

Yea... it was pretty much a whirlwind. My friend even had his wife (who is 8 months pregnant) call him to tell him she was going into labor after we had walked about a mile to eat dinner. Crazy fast cab ride back to the hotel so he could pack quickly and drive home (he lives in MD), about an hour away.

The highlights for me were meeting the Judge (getting my picture taken with him) thanks to my work on FreedomWatchonFox.com. I was ecstatic when the producer George introduced me to him, told him who I was, and the Judge gave me a giant hug.

See:
http://libertymaven.com/2010/02/19/cpac-day-1-liberty-maven-judge-napolitano-and-the-ron-paul-rider/8984/

His speech during the Liberty Forum was amazing, and I don't normally give out that kind of praise lightly. A close second was Jacob Hornberger's speech at the anti-war/conservative forum on Saturday. A video of Hornberger's speech would be a GREAT tool to convert neo-con-leaning people to non-interventionism. Hopefully they get the videos posted soon. I spoke to Matt Hawes and he told me they were taping everything and should have the videos up at some point.

Enjoy!

JVParkour
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Yea, the room was full. I was fortunate enough to be given a diamond pass by a friend, so I was in there when the boos happened. As far as I can tell, it was not planned... It seemed like a bunch of upset neocon jerks.

My response to the boos?
"I love it. I love it. Give it to me." ~Ryan Sorba