PDA

View Full Version : Firedoglake blog entry: "Is Paul better for proressives than Obama?"

Knightskye
02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/30797

Basically, when Paul talks about civil liberties and foreign policy, he is sincere, unlike President Obama. Also, they like his Fed proposals.

purplechoe
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
All if have to say after reading that post is WOW!!! For a progressive, I have a lot more respect and in common with this person than a hell of a lot of conservatives...

Knightskye
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM
All if have to say after reading that post is WOW!!! For a progressive, I have a lot more respect and in common with this person than a hell of a lot of conservatives...

I'd just like to know progressives' rationale for legalizing marijuana. Because with libertarianism, it's all part of personal liberty, which we apply to every aspect of life.

amy31416
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd just like to know progressives' rationale for legalizing marijuana. Because with libertarianism, it's all part of personal liberty, which we apply to every aspect of life.

Based on the "progressives" that I've known, the rationale is "duuuuuude, fucking awesome, pass the nachos." Which does, of course, overlap with some libertarians rationale.

:p

someperson
02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice article; comments weren't as horrible as I expected, either :)

Knightskye
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
They like his honesty, dislike him on abortion, and apparently disregard the consequences of their own economic policies.