PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should the GOP nominate Ron Paul?

libertybrewcity
02-20-2010, 09:09 PM
h ttp://youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=7013

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Fuck the GOP we the people nominate Ron Paul. It just so happens they happen to share his political "label" and they'd be wise to cop to it.

cajuncocoa
02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I honestly don't see anyone else that the GOP has to offer who could beat Barack Obama.

Stale bread is more exciting than the rest of the GOP field. Barack Obama may be running this country into the ground, but the man has a certain charisma (when you put him in front of a teleprompter, anyway!) He would skewer Romney, Palin, Huckabee, Pawlenty, et al

If Ron Paul does not win the GOP nomination, I think their candidate will lose...it might be close, but Obama will be re-elected.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Voted, and here were the results:

Should the GOP nominate Ron Paul?
Yes
54%
No
46%
You voted: Yes

evilfunnystuff
02-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes
61%
No
39%

NEXT...

CaseyJones
02-20-2010, 10:53 PM
voted

hillertexas
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
voted

freedom-maniac
02-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Fuck the GOP we the people nominate Ron Paul. It just so happens they happen to share his political "label" and they'd be wise to cop to it.

That's about all I have to say.

Chester Copperpot
02-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Just voted... Yes 74%.... No 26%

SteveR
09-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I support Mr. Ron Paul. I do not know if he will become President of the United States, but I would like to discuss his campaign and offer a suggestion. I hope he does not take it personal. My intention is only to help this country. I would have sent this message to him in private, but I did not know if he would have received it. I apologize for posting this message here, but I believe it to be in the best interest of America.

Mr. Paul is a very intelligent man. No doubt his knowledge and wisdom far and away exceeds most people in this country. He seems to have solutions to the problems this country faces. His intentions seem honorable and he has fine upstanding character and personality. He reminds me of a founding father. Mr. Paul’s image to me is what I would perceive George Washington to be prior to July 4, 1776.

The problem is Mr. Paul has not been able to communicate his proposals to the majority of the American public. To today’s standards, I consider myself an educated man. But to tell you the truth, I have a problem keeping up with Mr. Paul when he speaks. From what I do understand, I believe he knows what he is talking about. I believe he has some solutions to the problems facing this country. But I am not sure he is getting his message across.

The reason President Obama won the 2008 presidential election, in my opinion, was because Mr. Obama was able to communicate his proposals to the majority of the American public. His words were simple words, easy to understand. His words were meant for all people to understand, in layman’s terms. He explained his proposals in words that people could identify with, proposals that affected their daily lives in real terms.

The way it is turning out, however, Mr. Obama’s proposals to the solutions to our problems have been transformed into old solutions to old problems that do not work. It seems he has become part of the old Washington establishment, an image he did not portray prior to the presidential election. And the President’s poll ratings suggest that people today do opt for more immediate gratification than they used to.

What this country needs is a President who has the communication skills and ability to identify with the American public like Barack Obama had prior to the 2008 presidential election, but with the knowledge, experience, wisdom, and founding father image of a Ron Paul. A tall order I must admit, but anything is possible.

Working Poor
09-02-2010, 05:43 AM
The problem is Mr. Paul has not been able to communicate his proposals to the majority of the American public. To today’s standards, I consider myself an educated man. But to tell you the truth, I have a problem keeping up with Mr. Paul when he speaks. From what I do understand, I believe he knows what he is talking about. I believe he has some solutions to the problems facing this country. But I am not sure he is getting his message across.

The problem steve is that too many people can only hear sound bites instead of real wisdom.

newbitech
09-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I support Mr. Ron Paul. I do not know if he will become President of the United States, but I would like to discuss his campaign and offer a suggestion. I hope he does not take it personal. My intention is only to help this country. I would have sent this message to him in private, but I did not know if he would have received it. I apologize for posting this message here, but I believe it to be in the best interest of America.

Mr. Paul is a very intelligent man. No doubt his knowledge and wisdom far and away exceeds most people in this country. He seems to have solutions to the problems this country faces. His intentions seem honorable and he has fine upstanding character and personality. He reminds me of a founding father. Mr. Paulís image to me is what I would perceive George Washington to be prior to July 4, 1776.

The problem is Mr. Paul has not been able to communicate his proposals to the majority of the American public. To todayís standards, I consider myself an educated man. But to tell you the truth, I have a problem keeping up with Mr. Paul when he speaks. From what I do understand, I believe he knows what he is talking about. I believe he has some solutions to the problems facing this country. But I am not sure he is getting his message across.

The reason President Obama won the 2008 presidential election, in my opinion, was because Mr. Obama was able to communicate his proposals to the majority of the American public. His words were simple words, easy to understand. His words were meant for all people to understand, in laymanís terms. He explained his proposals in words that people could identify with, proposals that affected their daily lives in real terms.

The way it is turning out, however, Mr. Obamaís proposals to the solutions to our problems have been transformed into old solutions to old problems that do not work. It seems he has become part of the old Washington establishment, an image he did not portray prior to the presidential election. And the Presidentís poll ratings suggest that people today do opt for more immediate gratification than they used to.

What this country needs is a President who has the communication skills and ability to identify with the American public like Barack Obama had prior to the 2008 presidential election, but with the knowledge, experience, wisdom, and founding father image of a Ron Paul. A tall order I must admit, but anything is possible.

Hey thanks for the feedback, welcome to the forum. Curious how long you have been lurking.

I'd like to make a point about the communication issue as well. First tho, are you surprised that yet another politician has lied on the campaign trail?

I think the message that Dr. Paul brings is pretty clear. I'll sum it up for you right here in one sentence. A successful federal government is a federal government that has little to no impact on your everyday life.

We can go a little bit deeper than that if you want, but really the reason that Ron Paul should become president is not so much because of what he will do as it is because of what he WON'T do.

He won't start unprovoked wars. He won't print money out of thin air. He won't sacrifice YOUR liberty for YOUR security. He won't take your hard earned money and give it to someone else.

Some many in this country are just completely fixated on what "the government" WILL DO, that they completely and utterly fail to realize what "the government" SHOULD do. And that is pretty much nothing.

Changing the role of government is the message. Reason why we have been getting the same results over and over no matter who we put in office? Dem or Rep or Moderate or whatever? Cause American's think the role of government is whatever the government says it is. INSTEAD of the role that is clearly laid out and defined in the Constitution. Sure the Constitution may need a few tweaks from time to time. There is a process for that and that process doesn't include finding out who can pay the most money to come up with language that no one reads and only the feds have the authority to enforce.

Brett
09-02-2010, 08:50 AM
http://youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=7662

This website is bullshit.

Mahkato
09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
The problem is that there's a pretty high learning curve for someone to "get" the liberty message. In a society conditioned to only understand how to get things through government force, this is a pretty steep curve for your average voter who spends about 5 minutes thinking about how to vote.