PDA

View Full Version : The booing of Ron Paul

itshappening
02-20-2010, 09:09 PM
why the hell did they boo Ron Paul? what possible reason do they have to boo a statesman, veteran and sitting Republican congressman? We have NEVER acted like this to my knowledge against THEIR god awful, LOSING candidates, yet if we did you can bet they would condemn us loudly and in the media

I hope some conservative media will call the boo boys out on this and find out why they were booing him, who organized or orchestrated it?

low preference guy
02-20-2010, 09:10 PM
maybe the RP supporters weren't there to not listen to Beck. they were mad at him for his treatment of Medina. the supporters didn't know RP was going to win and produce a media moment.

there is a version at the DP that campaign for liberty had an event around the same time, so when RP supporters came the room was already full. one mentioned that the celebration outside the room was so loud that they couldn't even hear the boos from the room.

Johnnybags
02-20-2010, 09:11 PM
why the hell did they boo Ron Paul? what possible reason do they have to boo a statesman, veteran and sitting Republican congressman? We have NEVER acted like this to my knowledge against THEIR god awful, LOSING candidates, yet if we did you can bet they would condemn us loudly and in the media

I hope some conservative media will call the boo boys out on this and find out why they were booing him, who organized or orchestrated it?

on monetary inflation. They just do not see the crisis unfolding. They are obtuse. Its a testosterone thing.

itshappening
02-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I find it completely disrespectful though and you can bet if it was the other around Hannity or someone else would be ranting about it

nobody's_hero
02-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I hope some conservative media

Where?!! :eek:

=====

But seriously, I'm seeing a lot of comments from people who agree with Ron's economic policies but they "could never vote for him because of his foreign policy."

I guess we have to wait until our money isn't any good for buying tanks or missiles and then we can win their votes over because there'll be nothing of significance left for them to vote for.

itshappening
02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
if we did this to someone like Palin, Beck would be smearing RP supporters for days saying it's disrespectful, they're not good for the GOP, they're loons etc. This is my point, how dare they boo him like that.

ctiger2
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
on monetary inflation. They just do not see the crisis unfolding. They are obtuse. Its a testosterone thing.

I think you're right. Many people are blind to the truth.

QueenB4Liberty
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
What happened?

cajuncocoa
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
why the hell did they boo Ron Paul?

Because they're NEOCONS!

jkr
02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
YouTube - Rocky Mountain High: John Denver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwARpaKHx_w&NR=1)

boo this!

SWATH
02-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Could have been Romney people. When I was at the RLC in Macinac Island there were always a group of very young like 15yo chauncey looking ascots heckling Ron Paul in favor of Romney when he went about the town, especially when he arrived on the ferry. I overheard one of them asking the other if their time was up and if they could go home now as if they we on the clock.

mrchubbs
02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
I was in one of the overflow rooms. About 35% of our room cheered loudly at the straw poll results.

The main room was blocked off 2 hours or so before Beck went on. Most of the RP people were likely not in the main room. Adding to that they have a Saturday only pass that many people pay for to come see the main speakers. They cannot vote in the straw poll and they were the ones in the majority in the main room.

jkr
02-20-2010, 09:31 PM
they
are
dick
s

itshappening
02-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I was in one of the overflow rooms. About 35% of our room cheered loudly at the straw poll results.

The main room was blocked off 2 hours or so before Beck went on. Most of the RP people were likely not in the main room. Adding to that they have a Saturday only pass that many people pay for to come see the main speakers. They cannot vote in the straw poll and they were the ones in the majority in the main room.

thanks. I still cant understand why he'd get booed. Must have been some kind of GOP hit squad to discredit the result

jkr
02-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Come and knock on our door...

jkr
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
WE' VE been wait'n for u

Roxi
02-20-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe this wasn't done on purpose.

__27__
02-20-2010, 10:40 PM
YouTube - Rocky Mountain High: John Denver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwARpaKHx_w&NR=1)

boo this!

Johnny is the KING!

low preference guy
02-20-2010, 10:42 PM
According to Politico (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33225_Page2.html), the organizers wanted to dismiss their own poll, and chased reporters to make sure they hear the boos when the results were announced. Apparently, they filled the room with Beck supporters and didn't give permits to Paul's, who cheered and celebrated outside the room of the announcement.