02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
anybody got any yet????

jrice
02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4880717

CPAC STRAW POLL RESULTS VIDEO

libertybrewcity
02-20-2010, 09:00 PM
how did ron paul win and then get booed? doesn't make any sense...

Bruno
02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
how did ron paul win and then get booed? doesn't make any sense...

from the sounds of it a lot of Paul supporters had already left before the announcement.

low preference guy
02-20-2010, 09:07 PM
maybe the RP supporters weren't there to not listen to Beck. they were mad at him for his treatment of Medina. the supporters didn't know RP was going to win and produce a media moment.

robertwerden
02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Fuck, boos???????????????? They voted.

Billay
02-20-2010, 09:20 PM
lol did anyone see Huckabee on Gerlaldo's show? He was making shit up.

itshappening
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
what did Huck say

Billay
02-20-2010, 09:28 PM
what did Huck say

He didn't speak at CPAC because its becoming like big goverment whoever spends the most money gets to host or some garbage like that. He also said it was becoming very Liberterian.

KramerDSP
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I can't find the link where I saw this, but one of the RP supporters at CPAC said:

"To get into the grand ball room (where the annnouncement was) you had to have a diamond pass. Most of us didn't have those passes. If you were in the lobby area the applause and cheers were deafening. RP chant. Very happy here. We won and they have to accept it."

In other words, it was the establishment GOP in the room. Even more hilarious when you think about it. They must've been pissed.

Roxi
02-22-2010, 01:31 AM
lol did anyone see Huckabee on Gerlaldo's show? He was making shit up.

so its okay when GB does it but not Mike Huckabee?

Gage
02-22-2010, 03:00 AM
"To get into the grand ball room (where the annnouncement was) you had to have a diamond pass. Most of us didn't have those passes. If you were in the lobby area the applause and cheers were deafening. RP chant. Very happy here. We won and they have to accept it."

In other words, it was the establishment GOP in the room. Even more hilarious when you think about it. They must've been pissed.

I didn't have a diamond pass, and I was able to get into the room just fine. They weren't letting anyone in because the room was at complete maximum capacity, and I'm sure most of the RP supporters thought that they could get into the room one or two hours before the straw poll announcement.

I do agree though that the diamond pass (which was only the first six rows) people were very pro-establishment for such people like Romney, Cheney, and Newt Gingrich, who they all felt perfectly fine to give multiple standing ovations to, but when it came to Ron giving his speech, no one stood, or even clapped for him.

Out of the four members of RPF in my group who went to CPAC, I was the only one in the room because I'd been there since noon just as Ann Coulter was wrapping up her speech, knowing that there would be no possibility of getting into a room as small as the one that they had (which only had about a max. capicity of 2500 or so) if I had gotten there any later.

But again, I do agree that it was the establishment that took the time and patience, and understood that in order to support there candidate, who was obviously Romney, they needed to get into that room as soon as possible, which a majority of RP supporters didn't understand apparently and unfortunately.

hillertexas
02-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I heard that the RP people were just outside the main room at the time of announcement...i wonder if there is any video of that. That could be helpful.