PDA

View Full Version : When does Paul become locked in the crosshairs of the Democratic Party

AuH20
02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
They're never taken him seriously, but given his momentum, when do we see some smears or unsavory comments?

StateofTrance
02-20-2010, 08:33 PM
What matters is to develop a PROPER Risk Management Plan to counter attacks such as "Oh he's a Racist etc."

StateofTrance
02-20-2010, 08:41 PM
The liberals will promote RP when they want to divide us from the core GOP. And ridicule RP when he is wining. We need to prepare to counter this.

purplechoe
02-20-2010, 08:46 PM
They're never taken him seriously, but given his momentum, when do we see some smears or unsavory comments?

they took him more seriously then the republicans ever did... although lately...

AuH20
02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
The liberals will promote RP when they want to divide us from the core GOP. And ridicule RP when he is wining. We need to prepare to counter this.

In other words, appearances on Rachel Maddow's show may dwindle in the near future. ;)

AuH20
02-20-2010, 08:49 PM
they took him more seriously then the ever republicans did... although lately...

Democrats will hate Ron Paul because he is truly their natural enemy, yet many of them truly don't want to admit how fiercely anti-welfare state he is. He wants to dismantle their vision and they are not going to respond kindly, once they realize that the gentle, mild-mannered old man wants to take away their power.

cajuncocoa
02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
In the near future, yes. But for now, the libtards are content to let us beat up on the neocons.

When the time comes, libtards will accuse us of having a lack of compassion due to the fact that we want to cut government entitlement programs.

They'll also drag out the old racist newsletter (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/) story

I've spent some time on a fairly liberal message board, and these were the themes I spent the most time debunking.

cajuncocoa
02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
they took him more seriously then the republicans ever did...

Only because it suited them to do so. His position on the Iraq war was in line with theirs; plus they knew that we would split the votes from the GOP.

There was nothing for Dems to gain in attacking RP.

AParadigmShift
02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Dyed-in-the-wool leftists understand that Paul means business. And that same group knows that Warbama has betrayed them at every turn.

Personally, I know quite a number of left-leaning folk who would have voted for Paul, if he had garnered the Republican nomination in 2008. From the dismantling of Empire America and ending the influence of the Bankster Set, to restoring civil liberties and denying a Unitary Executive - and a myriad of things in between, we've got allies on the left. Now, where I could never vote for one of theirs, they would for Paul.

I say exploit the mischief of Bushama, deny Democrats the ground they occupied in 2008.

AuH20
02-20-2010, 09:19 PM
What matters is to develop a PROPER Risk Management Plan to counter attacks such as "Oh he's a Racist etc."

Yup. almost on cue from the CPAC poll thread on Daily Kos:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/20/839068/-Ron-Paul-wins-CPAC-2012-Presidential-straw-poll

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?" - Ron Paul, 1992

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Their main attacks are three: racist, "teabagger," and wild warrior who will slash and burn their precious Social(ist) (In)security and other forms of welfare.

Fr3shjive
02-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Democrats are some mean MFers. I've heard them call him a neo-con(wtf?), an anti-semite, racist, anti-gay ...etc. I guess they just make stuff up to attack him. Its actually pretty funny when you hear somebody make things up when they know nothing about that person.

KramerDSP
02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I think we need a definitive well-designed site that clearly debunks Paul as a racist, while listing all charges. It could also include a link to that comedy site of "Ron Paul Is A Racist" where he is in pictures with Rosa Parks (I think), and other folks.

Epic
02-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I think we need a definitive well-designed site that clearly debunks Paul as a racist, while listing all charges. It could also include a link to that comedy site of "Ron Paul Is A Racist" where he is in pictures with Rosa Parks (I think), and other folks.

this.

that way, when people accuse RP of crazy stuff, you can just link to the site.

Barack Obama had one called "fight the smears".

furface
02-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I doubt they'll bring up RP at all unless he's the GOP candidate in the general. Reason is that they'll embarrass the hell out of themselves that a Republican is demanding that we withdraw from foreign wars and they aren't. Also, they're probably a bit afraid of him. Having Democrats attack you is something good for GOP candidates in primaries.

The racism charge would be meaningless in the primary since about 80% of black voters are democrats. Meaningless in the general as well because 90% of all blacks will vote for Obama.

The last person the Democrats want to run Obama against is Ron Paul. He's the only Republican who can beat Obama. He's lost the black vote almost completely, but not other minorities. Hispanics are surprisingly conservative, especially the ones who are already citizens. Asians tend to be techie types who tend to have libertarian values. I know it sounds like a stereotype, but it's kind of true. Arabs, for what it's worth, are strangely located in a lot of swing states. They'll all vote for RP because he wants to stop sending money to Israel.

Democrats will attack RP on social security, medicare, environment, and being "irresponsible" about how he wants to withdraw overseas. RP will have ammunition to respond about the slowness of drawing down on the wars and of course the economy which will still be in shambles in 2012.

The Patriot
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I doubt they'll bring up RP at all unless he's the GOP candidate in the general. Reason is that they'll embarrass the hell out of themselves that a Republican is demanding that we withdraw from foreign wars and they aren't. Also, they're probably a bit afraid of him. Having Democrats attack you is something good for GOP candidates in primaries.

The racism charge would be meaningless in the primary since about 80% of black voters are democrats. Meaningless in the general as well because 90% of all blacks will vote for Obama.

The last person the Democrats want to run Obama against is Ron Paul. He's the only Republican who can beat Obama. He's lost the black vote almost completely, but not other minorities. Hispanics are surprisingly conservative, especially the ones who are already citizens. Asians tend to be techie types who tend to have libertarian values. I know it sounds like a stereotype, but it's kind of true. Arabs, for what it's worth, are strangely located in a lot of swing states. They'll all vote for RP because he wants to stop sending money to Israel.

Democrats will attack RP on social security, medicare, environment, and being "irresponsible" about how he wants to withdraw overseas. RP will have ammunition to respond about the slowness of drawing down on the wars and of course the economy which will still be in shambles in 2012.

Arabs would break for Ron Paul if Obama stays on his current course in regards to foreign policy. They are a significant voting bloc in places like Michigan and New Jersey which are swing states. Asians would probably break for Paul as they just follow political trends like the majority of Americans. They are generally middle and upper class and would be hurt by Obama tax and spending policies. Latinos will probably break for Obama if he passes immigration reform or promises for it. Latino youth are generally pro Obama and younger latinos will support his liberal agenda. But I would prefer Ron Paul not have separate racial organizations tied to the campaign, like african americans for paul or muslims for paul or asian americans for paul. We should emphasize our individualist ideals in the 2012 campaign. American shouldn't be divided by groups, we should be united in liberty and constitutional values which are the foundation for our union.

KramerDSP
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
this.

that way, when people accuse RP of crazy stuff, you can just link to the site.

Barack Obama had one called "fight the smears".

Videos like this would help:

YouTube - Ron Paul Calls For An End To The Racist War On Drugs (CC) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VR9YbBquRY)

furface
02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Good point about the WOD. Maybe he could get a decent slice of the black vote because of his position on it.