PDA

View Full Version : CPAC win! How next to continue momentum?

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
CPAC won. How next to continue the momentum on all levels? Suggestions?

CableNewsJunkie
02-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Win over some of the neoconservatives that are teetering on the edge by using some lines of logic they've never heard from mainstream sources:

It's time to start hammering home the fact that foreign nations have vast leverage over our domestic and foreign policies through their debt holdings.

Perhaps a U.S. war with Pakistan or Iran (cheered on by the neoconservatives) will benefit China at some future date...especially as they begin to unload their Treasury holdings.

How will we be able to fund our empire then?

U.S. citizens could provide a buffer of support to the Treasury market for a little while longer...if they are encouraged/forced to hold Treasuries in their retirement plans (401ks and IRAs).

But ultimately, the U.S. gets used as a tool to cripple nations within China's geopolitical grasp. The U.S. reputation takes a beating for being the aggressor - then China gets to be the good guy to central Asia and the Middle East when the U.S. officially goes bankrupt.

I think the example above might have some success with neocons...I was once one myself.

catdd
02-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Keep encouraging the tea party to fight for fiscal conservatism, ending the fed, limited government, and nonintervention. They were also a big part of this win.

r_p5252
02-20-2010, 07:57 PM
donate: http://libertypac.net/

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 08:05 PM
donate: http://libertypac.net/

Sorry I don't do PACs.

Momentum would be his sons win in KY. That would keep the family name in the news. He/we need to this now.

He needs to commit now IMHO. "We the peeps" are drawn out and a paycheck from becoming outlaws.

He needs to declare now. Money bombs and activism from this day until 2012.

Times are only gonna get tougher. Declare now. Start the war chest now. A bit at a time. Go into it way beyond what any contender could muster.

Just my thoughts.

Agorism
02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Iowa Caucus straw poll.

TheTyke
02-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree with phill4paul. Audit the Fed has shown the legislative power of our movement. The CPAC victory showed the Revolution is alive, well and more organized than ever. What we need to show next is that we can win elections.

Rand Paul needs to win. He'll need more money, and way more volunteers, so consider pledging at www.winrandwin.com and promoting the event. Consider joining the spring break or other activities if you live nearby.

Help other good candidates will be excellent as well. Rand however is our best chance to put away a victory, and as Ron's son, he's instantly recognizable as a symbol of the Ron Paul Revolution. He's also positioning himself as a leader of the tea parties, and he's been recognized as such by the national media... if he wins, this will give us considerable influence over the direction of the tea parties. That's why I see it as a priority (I also happen to live in KY :))

StateofTrance
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Iowa Caucus straw poll.

This has a lot of clout.

UtahApocalypse
02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry I don't do PACs.

Momentum would be his sons win in KY. That would keep the family name in the news. He/we need to this now.

He needs to commit now IMHO. "We the peeps" are drawn out and a paycheck from becoming outlaws.

He needs to declare now. Money bombs and activism from this day until 2012.

Times are only gonna get tougher. Declare now. Start the war chest now. A bit at a time. Go into it way beyond what any contender could muster.

Just my thoughts.

While this would be great we do not need to wait for him to announce. Our biggest failure of 2008 was waiting for the campaign with it "we have a big plan...." type of thing. We are the Grassroots, We do what WE think will work.... and generally it does.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 08:43 PM
While this would be great we do not need to wait for him to announce. Our biggest failure of 2008 was waiting for the campaign with it "we have a big plan...." type of thing. We are the Grassroots, We do what WE think will work.... and generally it does.

OK, then what? What do "WE" need to do next?

Cap
02-20-2010, 08:43 PM

Well said. I totally agree.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Well said. I totally agree.

Then what do you propose?

UtahApocalypse
OK, then what? What do "WE" need to do next?

I want to start hitting Iowa; door by door, town by town this summer

itshappening
I think Sofia should do a postcard to Iowa Republicans like he does for Schiff so people can buy them and have them sent to Iowans.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
why not start rolling on RonPaul2012 meetups around the country. Imagine how many doors can be knocked on between now and then.

DjLoTi
02-20-2010, 08:50 PM
We are the Grassroots, We do what WE think will work.... and generally it does.

We def. arn't perfect though. What we do sometimes doesn't work, everything from planting signs to flying blimps.

Not saying those things don't work, but sometimes signs are counter productive, and it seems like Trevor's doing a lot better on his new blimps

Anyway, We as the grassroots can't assume we know exactly what we're doing. Iowa door-to-door (or person-to-person) is a great idea, and I'll plan to be there =P

We shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves, but then again, why not get started now? idk...

*edit* I am kind of getting started now by getting involved with YAL, b/c I'm not ready to move to Iowa, =P but we should still be talking about it and planning some ideas

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I want to start hitting Iowa; door by door, town by town this summer

If we offer them no specific candidate then what do we have to offer? If we have no candidate then what will they remember in 2012 or will they?

DjLoTi
02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Ron Paul needs to announce very early. Maybe this year, in December or November even. He should even give hints before then

wgadget
02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Whoa..double post.

wgadget
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
How about a little C4L branch called "Oldsters for Ron Paul," or "Middle Agers for Ron Paul," or "Baby Boomers for Ron Paul?" Just think what we could do door-to-door in Iowa.

After spending the last few hours reading these posts and watching videos, it seems that a lot of the neocon Republicans think that the movement is just a bunch of college-age pot-heads and nothing else (not that there's anything WRONG with college-age pot-heads!)...

From some of the other forums, the number of LIBERALS (indies and democrats) who say they'd vote for Ron Paul is ASTOUNDING. I'm shocked at how many said they'd vote for him if he were the Republican nominee.

OH---and the word SINCERITY comes up about RON PAUL over and over and over again. It seems that most people know that he means what he says and has a consistent voting record to back it up...Unlike certain others who will say and do whatever is expedient even AFTER winning the election.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 09:09 PM
From some of the other forums, the number of LIBERALS (indies and democrats) who say they'd vote for Ron Paul is ASTOUNDING. I'm shocked at how many said they'd vote for him if he were the Republican nominee.

Amazing...

awake
02-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Momentum? Announce now that he is running for President.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Momentum? Announce now that he is running for President.

Agreed. Tomorrow when every AM station is talking about his win..go for the jugular.

ctiger2
02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Ron just needs to keep doing what he's doing. After the 2010 elections things will be clearer.

Flash
02-20-2010, 09:25 PM
He could appear on Maddow, Joe Scarborough's show, may be even Glenn Beck.

ctiger2
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
He could appear on Maddow, Joe Scarborough's show, may be even Glenn Beck.

He already appears on Maddow and Joe. Screw Beck. I think Ron should boycott Beck. The liberty movement would relish it.

wgadget
02-20-2010, 10:02 PM
He already appears on Maddow and Joe. Screw Beck. I think Ron should boycott Beck. The liberty movement would relish it.

Sooo....Did Beck ever mention the unmentionable (the words "RON PAUL") in his so-called speech? Did he offer congratulations? Anything?

Epic
02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Someone needs to break the news to Hitler on youtube...

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Ron just needs to keep doing what he's doing. After the 2010 elections things will be clearer.

He needs to be prepared to call the Republicans out when they fail.

In 1994, Newt gathered up all the pissed off voters, channeled their rage and . . .
broke the "Contract with America."

When it happens again (Scott Brown being endowed with celebrity status indicates that they will do it again), Ron Paul needs to be right there explaining how his own party is failing.

Agorism
02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
If Rand wins Kentucky, he'll probably be the guy in 2012.

But if not, then we can go with Ron if he wants to run.

Winning the straw poll would be huge. Huckster won it last time.

rawful
02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
If Rand wins Kentucky, he'll probably be the guy in 2012.

But if not, then we can go with Ron if he wants to run.

:confused: It's Ron or bust. He's built up too much of a reputation at this point to go another direction.

Rand would be squashed like a bug by the MSM. Look at the reaction to the Palin endorsement.

Agorism
02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
This is about as big as CPAC?

How about this one?

http://www.srlc2010.com

Working Poor
02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
The Gray Panthers are for Ron.

LibertyMage
02-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I sincerely believe we are going to need people in districts in 2012 and now is the time for people to start training. Ron Paul would have taken my district if he would have had 36 more votes. If I would have known how to canvass I could have won this district. In some districts that margin is much smaller.

The Campaign for Liberty doesn't endorse any candidates, but they do offer this training for people that sign up as local coordinators.

Andrew-Austin
02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Someone needs to break the news to Hitler on youtube...

That would be very amusing if someone wants to make that edit.

Pants
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Limbaugh and Hannity both think and talk alot about CPAC. I wonder how they are going to spin this tomorrow. Normally the week after CPAC they constantly talk about the speeches and play clips. Hopefully we will hear Hannity whine all week about it and tell us it is no big deal. But when they speak at CPAC we never hear the end of it.

DjLoTi
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Wins_2010_CPAC_Straw_Poll