PDA

View Full Version : New Poll from Magellan Strategies on Tuesday

Sine Die
02-20-2010, 06:49 PM
http://twitter.com/dflaherty/status/9391697239

Magellan is posting a new Kentucky Senate GOP Primay poll on Tuesday. Rand Paul leads...........

http://www.magellanstrategies.com/

Bergie Bergeron
02-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I only trust these:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IKhPZc5iEus/SfCoMmJLh7I/AAAAAAAAAEk/Ea5AlJ78Hho/S220/Wall+Street+Chart.jpg

JohnG
02-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Me too, but everything that gives Paul momentum is good. Hope it's a 20-point lead. If it's less, opponents might use it to prove that Paul has peaked.

Flash
02-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I only trust these:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IKhPZc5iEus/SfCoMmJLh7I/AAAAAAAAAEk/Ea5AlJ78Hho/S220/Wall+Street+Chart.jpg

Agreed. Even if this poll shows Rand as a front runner it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

amisspelledword
02-20-2010, 11:33 PM
how do you link directly to a specific status update on twitter? how do u find that url?

low preference guy
02-20-2010, 11:42 PM
how do you link directly to a specific status update on twitter? how do u find that url?

click on the time and date that appears right below the tweet you wanna link to.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Great to see Rand Paul leading STILL. He's been the front-runner in the polls and money for what...four months now?

I'm gonna LOL if Bohnson is in the low-to-mid single digits again.

Somebody needs to tell that man and his the special-ed forces that faked push polls don't equal actual votes. What a gross waste of campaign cash to pay for such rubbish.

Agorism
02-23-2010, 12:00 PM
So do we have the results?

Jordan
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
So do we have the results?

I may be confusing this for the other 40356039 polls liberty candidates are interested in, but I think this one comes out tomorrow. (Wednesday)

John Taylor
02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I may be confusing this for the other 40356039 polls liberty candidates are interested in, but I think this one comes out tomorrow. (Wednesday)

Wednesday?

Liberty4Ever
02-23-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.magellanstrategies.com/documents/MagellanKentuckyUSSenate-TeaPartyGOPPrimarySurveyRelease022410.pdf

Statewide:

44% Rand
23% Grayson
33% Undecided

In central Kentucky where the central Kentucky Campaign for Liberty has been campaigning the hardest:

54% Rand
17% Grayson
29% Undecided

Yeah. We've been kicking ass and taking names.

This is certainly good news, but don't get your hopes up too high. We've been campaigning for Rand for the last YEAR, and while it's gratifying to see that 15% of Republican primary voters had never heard of the two term and sitting Secretary of State and the anointed GOP establishment pick, Grayson, and only 11% had not heard of Rand, we must realize that Grayson essentially started his campaign last week. The big, evil McConnell Machine has a lot of dirty tricks to pull in the next three months. This ain't over. Not by a long shot.

We're branching out from central Kentucky to eastern, southeastern and northeastern Kentucky. Our focus is to funnel as many Republican voters to hear Rand as possible between now and the May 18th primary.

If you want to see a GREAT liberty candidate in the US Senate, please send Rand some money at RandPaul2010.com, either now, on the next money bomb on March 23rd, or both!

Bergie Bergeron
02-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Pledge for the moneybomb on the pledgesite (www.winrandwin.com) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=294598953255&ref=ts).

Agorism
02-23-2010, 11:36 PM
How do we know C4L and YAL are focusing on those areas?

Liberty4Ever
02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
How do we know C4L and YAL are focusing on those areas?

In Kentucky, for whatever reason, the strongest C4L group is central Kentucky. There are C4L activists all over the state, and I certainly don't want to disparage their hard work, but the central Kentucky C4L is the largest concentration, and we've made Rand our project, and, frankly, we've gone a bit nuts with it... not quite staking our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honors, but almost. I feel like the Rand campaign is my full time non-paying job and I manage to sneak in a bit of paying work on the side, and I'm certainly not the only one. There are people working about as hard in other areas of the state, but I'm confident that there is a greater concentration in central Kentucky, and we're working in a more concerted and organized effort.

Example: Tonight, while I was meeting with a fellow C4L member to help plan his state representative race (running under the Constitution Party against a Democrat incumbent with no Republican challenger), several others from our C4L group met at the hippie country store to phone bank for Rand. It's a weekly event.

We do a lot of work outside our congressional district, spreading out all over the state. I have friends who are campaigning in the eastern Kentucky coal fields. I just had a Rand gun show in Louisville last weekend. It was my 3rd weekend spent in Louisville for a Rand gun show.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/146/photos/834711

I'd like the national liberty movement to understand how hard we've been working, not out of any sense of pride, but because US Senators are elected leaders who operate at a national level. It's where we usually get our presidents. Having Rand in the Senate would be huge for all of us, and Rand needs national grassroots contributions to counter the big GOP PAC money that's flowing into Grayson's campaign. McConnell and the other GOP fat cats are having big DC fundraisers. We could use your help. Even $20 whenever you can spare it would be great. Those small contributions add up. Freedom is popular, and the number of liberty advocates is increasing as the economy dies and people wake up.

DeadheadForPaul
02-24-2010, 12:18 AM
In Kentucky, for whatever reason, the strongest C4L group is central Kentucky. There are C4L activists all over the state, and I certainly don't want to disparage their hard work, but the central Kentucky C4L is the largest concentration, and we've made Rand our project, and, frankly, we've gone a bit nuts with it... not quite staking our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honors, but almost. I feel like the Rand campaign is my full time non-paying job and I manage to sneak in a bit of paying work on the side, and I'm certainly not the only one. There are people working about as hard in other areas of the state, but I'm confident that there is a greater concentration in central Kentucky, and we're working in a more concerted and organized effort.

Example: Tonight, while I was meeting with a fellow C4L member to help plan his state representative race (running under the Constitution Party against a Democrat incumbent with no Republican challenger), several others from our C4L group met at the hippie country store to phone bank for Rand. It's a weekly event.

We do a lot of work outside our congressional district, spreading out all over the state. I have friends who are campaigning in the eastern Kentucky coal fields. I just had a Rand gun show in Louisville last weekend. It was my 3rd weekend spent in Louisville for a Rand gun show.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/146/photos/834711

I'd like the national liberty movement to understand how hard we've been working, not out of any sense of pride, but because US Senators are elected leaders who operate at a national level. It's where we usually get our presidents. Having Rand in the Senate would be huge for all of us, and Rand needs national grassroots contributions to counter the big GOP PAC money that's flowing into Grayson's campaign. McConnell and the other GOP fat cats are having big DC fundraisers. We could use your help. Even $20 whenever you can spare it would be great. Those small contributions add up. Freedom is popular, and the number of liberty advocates is increasing as the economy dies and people wake up.

Thanks for your dedication and hard work!
I wish I was in KY to join you - the best I can do is the money bombs from all the way over here

I haven't heard anything at all about the grassroots efforts on the ground in KY, so I wasn't sure if people were doing tons of work or what
As far as I knew, there were no people making phone calls, going to gun shows, planting signs, etc.
Now, I didn't think that, but I had no proof otherwise

Is there anything we can do to help you guys?

All my ideas were kind of shot down:
1.) Letters to the editor - but you don't want addresses from other California, Tennessee, and other states at the end of a letter to the editor in a KY newspaper

2.) Pay for signs for y'all to plant - but apparently the campaign gives them out for cheaper/free than what's on the website...

Liberty4Ever
02-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I wish I was in KY to join you - the best I can do is the money bombs from all the way over here

That'll do!

THANK YOU!

I haven't heard anything at all about the grassroots efforts on the ground in KY, so I wasn't sure if people were doing tons of work or what

We're doing things a lot differently than we did with Ron Paul. We were political noobs back then. We had no idea how the political process worked, and it seemed that would be an easy thing to determine, but it wasn't. Our primary was too late for the Ron Paul campaign to care about us at all. They were too busy to answer a call.

We learned the political process by failing at it. We did educate a lot of people about stuff. This time around, we're definitely in it to win it. We have a good idea what works and what doesn't, and I think Rand's poll numbers bear testimony to that claim, although he's such a strong candidate and the people are looking for someone like him in this time of change, so I'm certain he'd be doing well, even without our hard work.

We aren't making a lot of YouTube videos to share amongst ourselves. We've made a few, to spread the word to a national audience. I'll be making a second video for the March 23rd money bomb to convey the idea that we're winning and with a bit more financial support from the liberty community, we can win this race.

We've had maybe two sign wavings, largely to rally the troops, but we are planning a series of super sign wavings (details classified :) ) that we know from before cannot be ignored and get people fired up and voting. The TEA Party folks will go nuts when they see it!

Mostly, we've been too busy doing what works (did I mention the polling data? :D ) to promote our efforts. I did want to pop on here briefly and let you guys know that Rand is getting A LOT of grassroots support, it stretches the campaign donations much farther and reaches a different crowd than traditional advertising, and Rand appreciates all of the grassroots efforts, both here, and via the all important money bombs.

At midnight last night, I was on the phone with a local pair of liberty activists, who read the three AM talk radio commercials they wrote. We're running our own grassroots ads to get people to come out and hear Rand speak, because he's great in person. Packing those town halls is the best thing we can do to elect Rand, and most of our efforts are focused on that goal.

We worked our butts off last spring, summer and fall. We cut back a bit in the winter to catch up on life, pay some bills, etc. It's a bad time to campaign anyway. We're now one month into the four month sprint to the primary finish. Whoever wins the Republican primary is our next senator. It's crunch time.

We have several clever and innovative guerrilla campaigning ideas that we'll be rolling out over the next three months. I'll try to let you guys know as they happen so you can share in the fun.

Is there anything we can do to help you guys?

As of a few days ago, we're seeing the first of the vicious attack ads, filled with lies. Each requires a response to call Grayson out on the lies and make sure Kentucky voters know who's slinging the mud, and what the real truth is. The first Grayson negative ad was met with a very strong and immediate response from the Rand campaign. The response ad was clearly made in advance and waiting to be tweaked a bit and aired. I'm amazed it aired so quickly. It was a matter of hours. I think David's strategy might have been to immediately punch them in the nose... hard. Make them think again about going negative and telling lies by quoting out of context. There is enough dirt on Grayson that he can't win by going negative. His choices may come down to running a relatively clean campaign and have his ass handed to him as Rand continues to rise in the polls, or go negative and have so much of his ass handed to him that he won't be able to run for Soil & Water Conservation Officer in a future election.

The response ads cost money. Grayson is well funded by the PACs that are in bed with the GOP leadership. Any change you guys can find between the seat cushions of your couch would be greatly appreciated, and would go a long way toward electing a GREAT liberty candidate named PAUL to the US Senate.

Remember, in this race, second place is the first loser. Close isn't good enough. As you guys know, the entire country is watching this race. A humiliating, crushing defeat dealt to the neocons would forge a strong liberty coalition across the country.

We're winning! WE'RE FREAKIN' WINNING! And I wanna run up the score!

Chieftain1776
02-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Thank you so much for this... although I'm concerned about letting opponents know about the great ground game ;) It's amazing that you've "graduated" from just posting on message boards and arguing with idiots on the internet.

I know for me it's been hard to see what on-the-ground work is being done and was wondering the extent of the grassroots effort behind Dr. Paul.

This leaves no doubt and thank you so much. I'll be sure to contribute whatever I can and heavily promote the March 23rd Moneybomb (http://www.winrandwin.com) so that you guys can have the resources to back up your valiant efforts.

What you guys are doing is so much more important than the ad wars and spin the campaign are engaging in.

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work.

angelatc
02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow. I was just checking out the crosstabs. Paul has a higher name recognition that Grayson despite Grayson's position in Kentucky government. Wow.

DeadheadForPaul
02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
That'll do!

THANK YOU!

We're doing things a lot differently than we did with Ron Paul. We were political noobs back then. We had no idea how the political process worked, and it seemed that would be an easy thing to determine, but it wasn't. Our primary was too late for the Ron Paul campaign to care about us at all. They were too busy to answer a call.

We learned the political process by failing at it. We did educate a lot of people about stuff. This time around, we're definitely in it to win it. We have a good idea what works and what doesn't, and I think Rand's poll numbers bear testimony to that claim, although he's such a strong candidate and the people are looking for someone like him in this time of change, so I'm certain he'd be doing well, even without our hard work.

We aren't making a lot of YouTube videos to share amongst ourselves. We've made a few, to spread the word to a national audience. I'll be making a second video for the March 23rd money bomb to convey the idea that we're winning and with a bit more financial support from the liberty community, we can win this race.

We've had maybe two sign wavings, largely to rally the troops, but we are planning a series of super sign wavings (details classified :) ) that we know from before cannot be ignored and get people fired up and voting. The TEA Party folks will go nuts when they see it!

Mostly, we've been too busy doing what works (did I mention the polling data? :D ) to promote our efforts. I did want to pop on here briefly and let you guys know that Rand is getting A LOT of grassroots support, it stretches the campaign donations much farther and reaches a different crowd than traditional advertising, and Rand appreciates all of the grassroots efforts, both here, and via the all important money bombs.

At midnight last night, I was on the phone with a local pair of liberty activists, who read the three AM talk radio commercials they wrote. We're running our own grassroots ads to get people to come out and hear Rand speak, because he's great in person. Packing those town halls is the best thing we can do to elect Rand, and most of our efforts are focused on that goal.

We worked our butts off last spring, summer and fall. We cut back a bit in the winter to catch up on life, pay some bills, etc. It's a bad time to campaign anyway. We're now one month into the four month sprint to the primary finish. Whoever wins the Republican primary is our next senator. It's crunch time.

We have several clever and innovative guerrilla campaigning ideas that we'll be rolling out over the next three months. I'll try to let you guys know as they happen so you can share in the fun.

As of a few days ago, we're seeing the first of the vicious attack ads, filled with lies. Each requires a response to call Grayson out on the lies and make sure Kentucky voters know who's slinging the mud, and what the real truth is. The first Grayson negative ad was met with a very strong and immediate response from the Rand campaign. The response ad was clearly made in advance and waiting to be tweaked a bit and aired. I'm amazed it aired so quickly. It was a matter of hours. I think David's strategy might have been to immediately punch them in the nose... hard. Make them think again about going negative and telling lies by quoting out of context. There is enough dirt on Grayson that he can't win by going negative. His choices may come down to running a relatively clean campaign and have his ass handed to him as Rand continues to rise in the polls, or go negative and have so much of his ass handed to him that he won't be able to run for Soil & Water Conservation Officer in a future election.

The response ads cost money. Grayson is well funded by the PACs that are in bed with the GOP leadership. Any change you guys can find between the seat cushions of your couch would be greatly appreciated, and would go a long way toward electing a GREAT liberty candidate named PAUL to the US Senate.

Remember, in this race, second place is the first loser. Close isn't good enough. As you guys know, the entire country is watching this race. A humiliating, crushing defeat dealt to the neocons would forge a strong liberty coalition across the country.

We're winning! WE'RE FREAKIN' WINNING! And I wanna run up the score!

Thank you SO much for your work
I assume the grassroots activists are trying to put on a good face for Rand and are not out there wearing conspiracy theory shirts and stuff? It's clear Rand and David know how to put on a very mainstream/vanilla face for Rand's campaign and I hope we don't mess that up by having Trey show a bunch of Rand supporters with...well you can imagine how easy it would be to associate Rand with the less desirable elements of our movement like they've already done with Ron in the past

Great work and I'm making sure everyone I know is aware of the money bomb

Liberty4Ever
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
There are probably 20-30 of us volunteering at the grassroots level somewhere in the vicinity of an unpaid full time job, and several hundred more around the state putting in 2-10 hours a week or so. There are THOUSANDS of people who are excited about Rand and talking him up to their friends and family, and generally being staunch supporters. The cumulative effort is very significant. As I mentioned before, it complements the more traditional campaigning that's been ongoing, and the radio and TV ads that are just starting.

I appreciate your kind words, but think of me as the humble spokesperson of the day who poked his head up just enough to let you guys know that there is a massive ground war that has been aggressively prosecuted for almost a year, with MANY foot soldiers. We're quite obsessed with this local liberty cause, largely because fate chose us to be in this place for what we believe is a pivotal battle in the war for the restoration of our liberty. In a very real way, the battle is here and now because Rand married a young woman from Kentucky and they moved back here to start his medical practice. Luck of the draw. Fate is funny like that.

I did think of strategy when making my earlier posts. I was intentionally vague about some future details, but rest assured that the opposition already knows about much of what we've been doing. We're waging a guerrilla war and McConnell & Co. don't know what to do with that. They'd love to have even a few energetic volunteers, but Grayson doesn't exactly instill that sort of devotion. There's no principle there. Who can get excited about another career politician spouting worn out cliches while trying to climb the GOP ladder for his own gain? Grayson has some "party before principle" followers, and he's popular with many of the women Republican social clubs, but most of the primary voters are awake this year and they're not accepting their GOPbot download this year. They've soundly rejected politics as usual. The Grayson campaign has no ground war at all. I've seen no Grayson yard signs. I've seen a total of two Grayson bumper stickers, and one of those was on the car of an employee of the Secretary of State's office, so Grayson is her boss! The Grayson campaign is being forced to try to win this with an air war only, and as Rand mentioned in a recent Fox News interview, he has the money to go toe-to-toe with them with ads, to correct every lie, and then some. That's thanks to you guys. THANK YOU!

I was out campaigning one day and stopped at a Qdoba for a burrito. I parked the Randmobile next to the front exit for maximum exposure. I walk in, and Grayson looks up and sees me wearing my Rand shirt and glares at me a bit. I just smiled. He walked out, right next to the 2X4 Rand sign sticking up from my pickup bed. No way he missed that! That sort of thing, day in and day out, must be demoralizing. I made eight of the Rand truck signs for a fleet driving around central Kentucky, and others made their own. Grassroots, baby! Grayson has nothing like that.

We are very mindful of the way that Ron Paul was painted with the kook brush, and we've taken great pains to avoid that. They're still trying, with the TooKookyForKentucky" website, and their repeated attempts to smear Rand as "a Libertarian". They say it as if it's a pejorative slur. The campaign has been good about countering these attacks, and Rand himself is masterful at it, for much the same reason that people just couldn't see racism coming from Ron Paul. It just doesn't fit, and trying to make that stick often makes the accuser look desperate and pathetic. Nevertheless, we keep reminding each other not to "go down the rabbit hole". If your eyes are open, you'll see stuff that looks crazy to people who are still asleep. There is a convergence at work. We're downplaying the concepts that are difficult for mainstream Republicans to accept at this time, but they're also waking up at a surprising rate. I'm amazed how often I'll be campaigning and some salt-of-the-earth farmer will respond to my comments about fiscal conservancy with a mini-diatribe on The Fed that's basically Alex Jones Lite.

I'm posting so much today because I'm on the disabled list. I caught a cold at a gun show the previous week, I intentionally got more than six hours of sleep a night for a change, it got better, then at the gun show last weekend it became much worse. I'm a keyboard warrior for liberty today. :)

I'll try to check in more often. I enjoy keeping up with stuff on this excellent forum, but there is so much to do here. I'll try to share inspirational moments from our grassroots Rand campaign.

I received the parts to make my 4th batch of 1000 buttons yesterday, and I gave my last Rand Fan button to a TEA Party organizer who had an interview yesterday, so I have a lot of Rand Fan buttons to make today.

http://www.gunsandgarbage.com/buttons/ButtonSample-RandFan.gif

It's from the liberty collection:
http://www.gunsandgarbage.com/buttons

I also need to deliver four of the huge 4'X8' Rand signs and install two of them next to I-75 and another on a barn on a high traffic road, deliver 20 Rand yard signs, and 200 Rand slim jim fliers. I'm also working hard on the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act.

www.KYFirearmsFreedom.com

Too much liberty work, not enough time!

itshappening
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
I wonder what Nate Hodson makes of these numbers....

Ethek
02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I received the parts to make my 4th batch of 1000 buttons yesterday, and I gave my last Rand Fan button to a TEA Party organizer who had an interview yesterday, so I have a lot of Rand Fan buttons to make today. I also need to deliver four of the huge 4'X8' Rand signs and install two of them next to I-75 and another on a barn on a high traffic road, deliver 20 Rand yard signs, and 200 Rand slim jims fliers. I'm also working hard on the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act.

www.KYFirearmsFreedom.com

Too much liberty work, not enough time!

You do put up so much time and effort its really impressive. I can't say enough good things about what your doing when the FFA comes up as a topic... and you said you were taking a break to go back to engineering. Not before next Nov I guess :)

Slutter McGee
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I certainly don't need to know the inner-workings of what is going on right now, at the campaign or grassroots level or that other website. I understand how at least some degree of secrecy is necessary, and besides, speculation is fun.

But I do hope that yall are documenting EVERYTHING. Every successful and nonsuccessful thing yall try. So that you can share it with us AFTER you elect Rand into the senate.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee